Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Super No Vacancy posted:

I think you are talking about the difference between a Vanessa Borne contract and a Jerome Turner contract; I am talking about the difference between a Ruby Riot contract and a Drew Galloway contract.

Yes, you are correct. I'm talking about actual developmental people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2XsgL1ksE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/906283459361964032

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats too many plets

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

He thinks she's ugly. Pretty much that. Also tries too hard to be a good wrestler whatever that means.

Ah, the Christian/Sami problem? Though that just explains why he doesn't like her, not how he can see twelve thousand people explode when she pinned Sasha in Brooklyn and then 3 years later she's getting half-hearted boos at best and not think "have we mishandled this?".

I suppose it's like the inverse of the Reigns thing. Once Vince has decided you're good or bad, you basically need to move mountains to overcome it. Or leave for a year or two and come back with a new 'natural' shredded body.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince doesn't see crowd reactions, he sees merchandise sales.

Should have bought more shirts, VJeff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sami is very cute, how dare you.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
A lot of women do real well with things like merch and customs. As weird as customs is, some of them make some real good money doing them. Also, the merch lines at places like SHIMMER are nuts. Not only do they sell shitloads of merch, but a lot of people just give them all kinds of gifts and stuff.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DM Punk posted:

Not only do they sell shitloads of merch, but a lot of people just give them all kinds of gifts and stuff.

That's kind of creepy...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you never heard of Japan before?

Edit: Oh wait he said Shimmer, not Stardom. I got nothing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

y'all must be new

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be clear I don't mean Americans can't be creepy I just didn't know anyone from Chicago is capable of generosity.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Astro7x posted:

That's kind of creepy...

I mean, its no different than any other celebrity fandom. I am sure actors and musicians get all kinds of stuff from fan at conventions and whatnot.

Aphrodite posted:

To be clear I don't mean Americans can't be creepy I just didn't know anyone from Chicago is capable of generosity.

Well, the majority of SHIMMER's crowds come from all over, so only I'd say 1/4 of them are locals.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I mean, its no different than any other celebrity fandom. I am sure actors and musicians get all kinds of stuff from fan at conventions and whatnot

That is also creepy

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rovert posted:

Toni most likely gets a WWE UK deal. A stipend that gives WWE first refusal on her bookings.

There's no way she signs that, right? Given what's happen to other WWE UK contracted people, that's a bad deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

There's no way she signs that, right? Given what's happen to other WWE UK contracted people, that's a bad deal.

Worked out really well for those who deserved it to work out for. Trent, Tyler, Pete, Wolfgang etc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, guys like Bate/Dunne/Wolfgang/Seven still have relative freedom to work indies and only come into WWE whenever WWE feels like it. It's a way better deal than what the cruserweights got.

If Toni Storm can get an offer like that, while still getting to work Stardom/Progress, she would probably take it in a heartbeat.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave talked about the MYC on WOL yesterday, and had this to say about the finals (potential spoilers, you've been warned):

WWE is really high on the 4HW vs 4HW feud, so its not unlikely that they'll have Shayna go over Kairi. However, he's said that he hopes if that is the case, that it ends in a screwjob finish in order to protect Kairi; adding on that she is better than Asuka. Mike chimed in, saying she has the potential to be more over than Bayley was in NXT, and having her lose clean (at least right now) would be a pretty big mistake. Bryan said that if anyone should be screwed out of the win, it should be Shayna, as it would add heat to the feud.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kairi wins clean, but Shayna et al attack her afterwards, leading to the WWE 4HW making the save. There, Unca' Paul, I wrote your angle for you.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ellsworth has been spotted with the myc crowd in vegas and seems to be preparing for a match. Multiple sources have said the plan is for him to cash in his Ms. Money in the Bank briefcase for the myc championship.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Remember when Emma debuted on the main roster and they botched it so loving badly even though she was super fun? Then they somehow made the way they handled her look good by completely ruining what made Lana and Summer good? And then they made those fuckups look good by comparison with Bayley and Becky and Sasha? Wait til you see how they gently caress up the Japanese women when Vince decides they aren't hot either.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave talked about the MYC on WOL yesterday, and had this to say about the finals (potential spoilers, you've been warned):

WWE is really high on the 4HW vs 4HW feud, so its not unlikely that they'll have Shayna go over Kairi. However, he's said that he hopes if that is the case, that it ends in a screwjob finish in order to protect Kairi; adding on that she is better than Asuka. Mike chimed in, saying she has the potential to be more over than Bayley was in NXT, and having her lose clean (at least right now) would be a pretty big mistake. Bryan said that if anyone should be screwed out of the win, it should be Shayna, as it would add heat to the feud.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about- they're SO hyped about Shayna and MMA and 4HW, and honestly if she wins it all it kinda looks like "This MMA person can beat any of our so-called 'wrestlers'!" Especially since so many of her victories have just been "once she gets in the rear naked choke it's over". On the other hand they are really building up a potentially big Cinderella story for Kairi as the smallest person there and so peppy and enthusiastic, and she's coming in with about as much hype, so there's some hope.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

Wait, Better than Asuka? Does he provide details or examples?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fans still remember Becky

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/906590678863491072

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Wait, Better than Asuka? Does he provide details or examples?

He basically pointed out that Kairi has significantly better in ring charisma than Asuka, along with having some serious babyface potential in the future, as she's incredibly marketable. As for her babyface work in general, watch pretty much any of her STARDOM matches.

I think Kairi's biggest hurdle to overcome in WWE (outside of management, which isn't something she can control) will be cutting promos (but not due to her english skills). Kairi has a habit of going into a non-sequitur unless she's scripted, or has someone to stop her. An example would be a promo she did in STARDOM where she was talking about recapturing the trios title with Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani, talking about how they are going to be focused and intense, but then she suddenly started talking about the weather, what she had for dinner, etc. Shirai had to step in and stop her. It happened pretty often as well, and its not part of her character.

Oh yeah, and the general reaction to Shayna being in the finals is overwhelmingly negative, mostly due to the fact that people (including casual fans) seem to realize that its a blatant move to pander to Ronda.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 9, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Do we still need spoiler tags?

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah, and the general reaction to Shayna being in the finals is overwhelmingly negative, mostly due to the fact that people (including casual fans) seem to realize that its a blatant move to pander to Ronda.

That's been something in my head. Is that WWE wants fans to think in storyline? If it isn't then the MYC commentary and amount of camera focus on Rousey REALLY undercut Shayna. Although some of the blame is on Shayna's shoulders as her performances weren't dynamic enough to overcome the perception.

Being an online fan in 2017 and seeing all the abuse Shayna gets on social media calling her a "man" etc makes me want to see Shayna win to stick it to the morons and bigots.

Also, I like Shayna as the winner as she is the most like Mae Young of all the women in the MYC.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

DarkstarIV posted:

I think Kairi's biggest hurdle to overcome in WWE (outside of management, which isn't something she can control) will be cutting promos (but not due to her english skills). Kairi has a habit of going into a non-sequitur unless she's scripted, or has someone to stop her. An example would be a promo she did in STARDOM where she was talking about recapturing the trios title with Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani, talking about how they are going to be focused and intense, but then she suddenly started talking about the weather, what she had for dinner, etc. Shirai had to step in and stop her. It happened pretty often as well, and its not part of her character.

Kairi owns. That's fantastic and hilarious.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

rovert posted:

Also, I like Shayna as the winner as she is the most like Mae Young of all the women in the MYC.

In what respect?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

That's been something in my head. Is that WWE wants fans to think in storyline? If it isn't then the MYC commentary and amount of camera focus on Rousey REALLY undercut Shayna. Although some of the blame is on Shayna's shoulders as her performances weren't dynamic enough to overcome the perception.

Being an online fan in 2017 and seeing all the abuse Shayna gets on social media calling her a "man" etc makes me want to see Shayna win to stick it to the morons and bigots.

I have no problem with Shayna as a worker. But I do think she only got this far because of Ronda. I doubt she would be in this spot otherwise. Its a valid concern and will likely hang over the tournament like a dark cloud if Shayna does end up winning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat those are rough numbers for Sasha and Bayley though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of Asuka losing, I think Taz could be legitimately worse than Vince Russo in some booking aspects.

(not pictured: this would take place in a "smark" town like Chicago)

:psyduck: is the only way to describe that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of Asuka losing, I think Taz could be legitimately worse than Vince Russo in some booking aspects.

(not pictured: this would take place in a "smark" town like Chicago)

Seems like they are building up Emma to lose to Asuka.

But yeah Tazz always does this to get noticed. Claims real injuries, UFC fights etc are works. The only he does that get traction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Asuka is already a heel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Also Asuka is already a heel.

Nah, she's a Lesnar alignment. Maybe she does some heelish stuff, but she still gets cheered and keeps on doing badass things.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Aphrodite posted:

drat those are rough numbers for Sasha and Bayley though.

To be fair to Bayley, she lost twice clean to her already, so in kayfabe that should count against her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Nah, people have had enough time to watch the episodes now.

I'm surprised to hear some people have been against Shayna making it to the finals, because to me she was the best heel by far and having the final be between the best heel in the tournament and the best face in the tournament is basic, predictable but good stuff.

I hope Kairi wins!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wwe fans tying themselves into knots over who 'deserves' to win a push, tale as old as time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've studied the tapes and discovered Kairi has major weaknesses.

http://i.imgur.com/FK8cYJ6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/8QjXgPa.gifv

Kid loves to lose with scissors. All Ms. Baszler has to do is bring rock and she's got this in the bag.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DarkstarIV posted:

I have no problem with Shayna as a worker. But I do think she only got this far because of Ronda. I doubt she would be in this spot otherwise. Its a valid concern and will likely hang over the tournament like a dark cloud if Shayna does end up winning.

I do. Her flow and movements look awful for a person with over a year of professional wrestling.I don't enjoy watching her work because her lovely movements make it clear it's a fake fight where she has to pull her punches, and her opponents need to not just run into her despite her incredibly slow movements.

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, people have had enough time to watch the episodes now.

I'm surprised to hear some people have been against Shayna making it to the finals, because to me she was the best heel by far and having the final be between the best heel in the tournament and the best face in the tournament is basic, predictable but good stuff.

I hope Kairi wins!

There are other women who could have been built up as heels, though. If Toni Storm had been a heel, Piper Nevin, etc. that might have been interesting.

Other disappointing thing about the tournament: for all the talk of showcasing women's wrestling, the matches all went about 10 minutes, no short sprints, surprise quick wins, or drawn out battles. The later rounds of the cruiserweight classic nicely built up the intensity and length, whereas in the MYC it all felt so samey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Kvantum posted:

When did she break up with Enzo? I thought they were even living together.

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/906694799780204544