Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

trucutru posted:

Rei or Asuka?

Wow, that has it's very own wikipedia page, the saddest one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka_vs_Rei

Misato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

How's Irma so far?

All the lights in the streams I've been watching in the Keys are out by now.

Nothing for me yet, the Westward shift is sacrificing Tampa to save the Space Coast. Should be getting some more poo poo tomorrow though. Gonna stream SC till the lights go out.

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Nothing for me yet, the Westward shift is sacrificing Tampa to save the Space Coast. Should be getting some more poo poo tomorrow though. Gonna stream SC till the lights go out.
Hopefully Irma spares you and knocks out the power quickly.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
THE OBVIOUS JOKES - I WILL POST THEM.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Hopefully Irma spares you and knocks out the power quickly.

:same: the fact that it's not just going to kill me to save me from streaming SC means there's no such thing as a merciful god

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chin posted:

Derek does alright for a dude in his 60s on the internet. Anyone legitimately mad at him or preoccupied with "owning" him is being silly.

gotta do something in the downtime while waiting for the best game in the universe

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

thank you my brother

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

tuxedomarx posted:

thank you my brother
Let's play Surface or Seraph.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
There are currently 69 members and 6 guests browsing Derek Smart's Home for Wayward Space Sims

There have been 21 posts made by aranth, an average of 0.02 posts per day, since registering on Nov 12, 2013.

There have been 74 posts made by BattleRobit, an average of 0.05 posts per day, since registering on Jun 13, 2013.

There have been 49 posts made by FlyingKipper, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on May 11, 2005.

There have been 3 posts made by GrizzlyAtoms, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on Jul 26, 2016.

There have been 6 posts made by Hyau, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Oct 10, 2012.

There have been 0 posts made by KidOrange, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Dec 30, 2011.

There have been 116 posts made by LachlanJ, an average of 0.03 posts per day, since registering on Nov 19, 2007.

There have been 163 posts made by Lochness_Hamster, an average of 0.04 posts per day, since registering on Sep 27, 2007.

There have been 89 posts made by legion989, an average of 0.05 posts per day, since registering on Jan 18, 2013.

There have been 0 posts made by penis pump, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Apr 19, 2008.

There have been 0 posts made by Random Variable, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Jul 13, 2007.

There have been 32 posts made by smoothshoes, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on Oct 15, 2004.

There have been 42 posts made by Technomancer, an average of 0.01 posts per day, since registering on May 7, 2007.

There have been 75 posts made by typo demno, an average of 0.02 posts per day, since registering on Jul 2, 2007.

There have been 76 posts made by Ubik_Lives, an average of 0.04 posts per day, since registering on Nov 16, 2012.

There have been 18 posts made by Void Chicken, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Jan 12, 2007.

There have been 0 posts made by Wheels of Fury, an average of 0.00 posts per day, since registering on Oct 30, 2012.

:justpost:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Seriously. :justpost: It helps your posting chops.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^^ OK! ^^^^^

Kaworu.

Here, have some EVA music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

trucutru posted:

^^^^^^ OK! ^^^^^

Kaworu.

Here, have some EVA music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKCEiNk198E

Good answer

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017
xenosaga is my favourite space simulator

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

No. loving. Way.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Seriously, nice one for posting that I love that kinda poo poo

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I had a question about that tax credit. From what I remember from their UK tax filling, they were operating at a loss. So they were paying very little, if any tax. The tax credit they receive seemed to exceed whatever they paid in taxes. So are they effectively getting free money courtesy of the British tax payer? Also, does this money basically have to be paid back upon release? My understanding is that the credit is based on future profits, and then at launch they pay the taxes they should been paying during development, is this correct?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

What the ever-living gently caress? What are CIG's "tech secrets"? 20 fps? Do the Kingdom Come people need to clip more? Lovecraftian body horrors? Space Mop?

D1E posted:

OK yes I think he's bad and if you're one of his lackeys you're bad too.

Are these "lackeys" deleting their posts as soon as they post them? Because all I see here are people mocking Derek good-naturedly and people mocking Derek less good-naturedly. I want to see what a lackey post looks like.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Does this apply to Trump too?

Trump's in his 70s and president of an organization hundreds of millions of times larger than 3000 AD Games, so no. Also, Derek doesn't have the nuclear codes. I hope.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 10, 2017

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AlbieQuirky posted:

What the ever-living gently caress? What are CIG's "tech secrets"? 20 fps? Do the Kingdom Come people need to clip more? Lovecraftian body horrors? Space Mop?

Poo physics

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

AlbieQuirky posted:

Are these "lackeys" deleting their posts as soon as they post them? Because all I see here are people mocking Derek good-naturedly and people mocking Derek less good-naturedly. I want to see what a lackey post looks like.

I read all of Derek's missives in their entirety

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, Derek doesn't have the nuclear codes. I hope.

Actually he does, that's the true E.L.E.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?

Mr.Tophat posted:

Seriously. :justpost: It helps your posting chops.

ok. ive been playing elite dangerous while listening to queen. i feel like pulling my teeth though since finding engineer materials is so boring.

why queen? i picked up voiceattack and i have a brian blessed pack for it, so all fits quite well

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

StarbloodKiss posted:

ok. ive been playing elite dangerous while listening to queen. i feel like pulling my teeth though since finding engineer materials is so boring.

why queen? i picked up voiceattack and i have a brian blessed pack for it, so all fits quite well

That's rad as gently caress

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Yeah, theres a few other voice packs you can buy from this site I found. The other voice pack I own features Norman Lovett, who was the male version of AI onboard the Red Dwarf in the show with the same name. They also have a voice pack with the actress who played the female version of Holly. If you haven't seen Red Dwarf by the way...I highly recommend it lol.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

StarbloodKiss posted:

Haha, if you think engineer materials are bad NOW... :suicide:

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

well what makes it exceptionally annoying is that what i think works best doesnt really work out. like im trying to get mechanical scrap, so i read the description of how\where to find it. so I went to an anarchy system that is currently in a boom state, start interdicting haulers\finding combat aftermath stuff. The haulers get away since I don't have a wake scanner (I'll fix this) and the combat aftermath ones aren't popping up a lot.

So then I look around online and people are talking about checking debris fields, but those are in systems in a civil war\war state, so now I'm going to do that after wasting about a day for like...6 mechanical scrap, lol. ugh. but hey, i found a bunch of other crap

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

by Emily Gera Feb 20, 2014, 7:47am EST

It looks like Kingdom Come releases in Feb 2018 so obviously whatever tech they traded with CIG they immediately discarded

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 10, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Mr.Tophat posted:

:siren:

We are exposed! Our anime secrets are revealed to all

The secret about anime: It's bad.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mr.Tophat posted:

"CAW'D IT"

made me laffo fo sure

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Hey casual onlookers and otherwise proud dream enthusiasts.

There's some cool stuff coming up the pipeline, and we hope you stick around for it. Because it's going to be neat.

10 bux is all you need to enjoy everything the SA forums has to offer, I myself enjoy Sports Argument Station and the cooking threads. I've lost 5 pounds doing some dieting based on advice from that thread.

If you do buy an account, remember to start a thread in GBS and say hello. :justpost: There are people there waiting to greet you.

May the 4th Stimpire deskeletonize you.

And also get a refund.

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

Exinos posted:

The secret about anime: It's bad.

strongly disagree

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I have it on good authority that anime is blood.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dear Shillizens, enjoy this song about you:

(Hey, I'll take all the free advertising I can).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dont be a filthy leaver, once in the thread, always in the thread.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

dont be a filthy leaver, once in the thread, always in the thread.

:yeah:

Honestly, don't be shy about just posting. The more you post, the better you can find your posting style.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Oh jesus it's daylight

Guess I'm clocking on early today!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

:yeah:

Honestly, don't be shy about just posting. The more you post, the better you can find your posting style.

There is no room for style in this thread, it's about Star Citizen, the black hole of style.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Black holes emit something, so clearly a "black hole of style" still oozes some form of style. Very small and nigh-statistically irrelevant, sure, but style regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

toanoradian posted:

Black holes emit something, so clearly a "black hole of style" still oozes some form of style. Very small and nigh-statistically irrelevant, sure, but style regardless.

Everybody starts as spaghetti but eventually turns into a Ru Paul's Drag Race contestant