Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Kosumo posted:

There is no room for style in this thread, it's about Star Citizen, the black hole of style.

There's always room for style friend

*puts on skates*

There's always room for *falls down stairs, breaks neck*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

by Emily Gera Feb 20, 2014, 7:47am EST

It looks like Kingdom Come releases in Feb 2018 so obviously whatever tech they traded with CIG they immediately discarded

Kingdom Come ran their kickstarter same year as Star Citizen and since both games use CryEngine, KC devs they offered to share stuff between the two projects. Croberts even made a post back then about how they will use Kingdom Come's cloth layering tech for characters. Obviously none of this materialized and KC devs have distanced themselves away from SC since and never mentioned it again.

They have a stable playable beta for the backers with most of the game complete, and have done a crazy amount of mocap as well for the campaign and it looks good. They have 1/5th as many devs as SC and are releasing the game in Feb. They also have not shilled a single horse jpeg and did not pre-sell any concepts for donkeys that punch above their weight.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 10, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Has anybody pointed out the almost parody levels of goonfear in this thread yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6z4xt6/jr_dev_ops_leaves_cig_austin_for_sos_job_gives/

quote:

That and goons long history of meta politics in eve online make them very resilient when it comes to trolling. These are people who will sit a spy on a corp for 5 years and jack everything they have on a moments notice. They specialize in playing the long game. Ignore them and they will only get louder and be more aggessive in pursuading people to abandon star citizen.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Stay safe, Derek!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Has anybody pointed out the almost parody levels of goonfear in this thread yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6z4xt6/jr_dev_ops_leaves_cig_austin_for_sos_job_gives/

lmao

reddit war-room

"We cannot underestimate our enemy, they are experts at this kind of warfare. We must be prepared for them, we must resist!"

some thread in SA

"goku"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Beet Wagon posted:

Our insider goons do a very good job spreading the goonfear. Good job, Please Purchase a Premium Account and Please Purchase a Premium Account! They are always reliable goonspreaders.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

Really charming comments there, it's like 9/11 truthers at defcon 5.

edit: although there is some charm in the expressed hope that the Righteous Ones are just hoarding ammunition for the Final Confrontation, cos there's SO MUCH EVIDENCE.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 10, 2017

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

^Dat.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
All it would take is $10 to see all the evil goon plans that are in store for those citizens. Honestly, I held off for like, ten years, from buying a SA account even though a few of my friends are SA goons. I ended up buying one just because I felt like I was going insane on the SC reddit\discord. I just wish I explored the other parts of SA but eh, I'm not really a social person anyways so. Whatever.

I do like how some goons sell coffee though, thats pretty neat. I also use to play on the SA Space Station 13 server. If the Star Citizens really want to roleplay, SS13 is pretty much that. Love it.

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

lmao

reddit war-room

"We cannot underestimate our enemy, they are experts at this kind of warfare. We must be prepared for them, we must resist!"

some thread in SA

"goku"

:justpost:ing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qqAJpmA5S4

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

StarbloodKiss posted:

I just wish I explored the other parts of SA but eh, I'm not really a social person anyways so. Whatever.

Just never go to Debate and Discussion, and never go into TV/IV. You're in the right place now for just posting, that's the main thing.

If you're reading this and you're feeling shy, just empty quote this sentence to get the ball rolling. You can do it! Invest in a just post, today!

Neat. Reminds me I need to play some more DBZ Xenoverse. My character is a Namekin called "Gogarot" and I love him very much.

Anyone got any music recommendations for cleaning a home? I've got to spring into action like, an hour ago. Could do with some motivation.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
christo roberto, if youre reading this...this is real fidelity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIr0icfALJk

can you use prank props as deadly weapons in sc? I think not

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

Just never go to Debate and Discussion, and never go into TV/IV. You're in the right place now for just posting, that's the main thing.

If you're reading this and you're feeling shy, just empty quote this sentence to get the ball rolling. You can do it! Invest in a just post, today!

Neat. Reminds me I need to play some more DBZ Xenoverse. My character is a Namekin called "Gogarot" and I love him very much.

Anyone got any music recommendations for cleaning a home? I've got to spring into action like, an hour ago. Could do with some motivation.

carly rae jepsen b*tch

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

tuxedomarx posted:

carly rae jepsen b*tch

Hm

*checks it out*

This sounds like music for an advert that's trying to flog me a mobile phone, or the music that plays over the advert slideshows before the moving adverts begin in a cinema

:sad:

And you can say bitch here friendo, you can say chris roberts is a oval office too! Congratulations on just posting tho, I am very proud of you

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The best is still that one of the mods in the sc subreddit is a goon. They'll never suspect it.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

I love that goons are basically a myth passed down in song by bards at this point to these people.

Almost all of the time it was just someone defecting to goons with information or like a 1 month assignment because nothing was ever secured by pubbies.

Mittani was always a long-winded gently caress but boy did his propaganda really actually permanently imprint on some people. Goons are now these lizard creatures that will crawl inside your skeleton and lay in wait for decades.

The same concept as Black Ops being this feared, whispered about group that gangs 5x the size would avoid when really we were just fat guys talking about anime while cloaked.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I love that goons are basically a myth passed down in song by bards at this point to these people.

Almost all of the time it was just someone defecting to goons with information or like a 1 month assignment because nothing was ever secured by pubbies.

Mittani was always a long-winded gently caress but boy did his propaganda really actually permanently imprint on some people. Goons are now these lizard creatures that will crawl inside your skeleton and lay in wait for decades.

So the best protection against goons is deskeletonisation.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

D_Smart posted:

He's a loving coward. He blocked me, but then he's yelling at me knowing I neither read it (without logging out), nor respond. :laffo:

Someone needs to remind him that he's got me blocked :D

You're such a loving arsehole, why don't you gently caress off for a while and give us all a rest.

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

Xenoverse 2 was actually pretty drat fun. Nice character creator, less bullshit fighting engine, and it has raid bosses, of all drat things.

There's also the visceral satisfaction of beating Yamcha repeatedly with SSJ3. :ssj:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Zzr posted:

The best is still that one of the mods in the sc subreddit is a goon. They'll never suspect it.

Sooner or later that person's going to slip up. Someone will post just the word, "stairs" by mistake, and all hell will break loose after goon reflex kicks in

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Mittani was always a long-winded gently caress but boy did his propaganda really actually permanently imprint on some people. Goons are now these lizard creatures that will crawl inside your skeleton and lay in wait for decades

We lay in wait...for eggs

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ritsuko

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Zest posted:

Xenoverse 2 was actually pretty drat fun. Nice character creator, less bullshit fighting engine, and it has raid bosses, of all drat things.

There's also the visceral satisfaction of beating Yamcha repeatedly with SSJ3. :ssj:

I don't own Xenoverse 2. Maybe I should get it some time. And ya, gently caress Yamcha. Although I would never ever ever be a saiyan. Namekian for lyfe

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Zzr posted:

So the best protection against goons is deskeletonisation.

there is no protection against goons.

Because we made a business of scamming and trolling some of the stupidest people to ever exist on EvE Online all things are now possible and within our grasp.

It was a miracle that CIG managed to thwart our nefarious schemes by banning a female for being harrassed by a whale or however backers recount the accelerwrath saga these days.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm particularly amused by the theorycrafting around suing Derek for Crimes Against Roberts, and none of them can actually say the words "he might win, or worse, what he said is proven true in court".

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

I don't own Xenoverse 2. Maybe I should get it some time. And ya, gently caress Yamcha. Although I would never ever ever be a saiyan. Namekian for lyfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfYpEYV1g2A

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Fronts posted:

We're 14 companies in already, so I reckon 15 would be ideal. Any more than that and it would start to get stale.

:golfclap:

peter gabriel posted:

Offline for me, I want a live tophat!

Here you go, friend

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Strong answer, powerfully strong, so strong it might change my answer

but I know I could get slam drunk with Misato and discuss the greatest anime, crowboy beeblap, so

Zest
May 7, 2007

StarbloodKiss posted:

christo roberto, if youre reading this...this is real fidelity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIr0icfALJk

can you use prank props as deadly weapons in sc? I think not

New Features for Star Citizen 3.1:

* Added toolboxes
* Added ability to use toolbox as melee weapon
* Added clowns

Issues:

* toolboxes cause player model to desync with server
* toolboxes cause player model to desync with client
* clowns reported to cause psychological trauma due to resemblance to Big Benny's Mascot
* All Big Benny's machines have been replaced with clowns
* using toolbox as a melee weapon causes random clients to crash to desktop
* using toolbox on clown spawns Pusher for unknown reason
* Pusher model not implemented. Replaced with default model (Big Benny Machine)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

What do you think is on a namekian's head? Antenna?

Pu-lease

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

Strong answer, powerfully strong, so strong it might change my answer

but I know I could get slam drunk with Misato and discuss the greatest anime, crowboy beeblap, so

Ritsuko is the kind of gal to kick back some Tangueray martini's with and talk about politics and social policy.

Misato is the kind of person who you kill 2 cases of Yebisu with playing Mario Kart and laughing at Shinji, while the penguin poaches the last of the whiskey.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Dude! OpSec!

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

What do you think is on a namekian's head? Antenna?

Pu-lease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umd-ZuL5s14

Edit: Taxxe

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Zest posted:

Ritsuko is the kind of gal to kick back some Tangueray martini's with and talk about politics and social policy.

Misato is the kind of person who you kill 2 cases of Yebisu with playing Mario Kart and laughing at Shinji, while the penguin poaches the last of the whiskey.

So you're saying I should two time? Gotcha, ice cold man, as ice cold as the beers I'd knock back with Misato and as ice cold as Gendo pulling the trigger

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You're in no position to speak, your username just requires one word to be replaced and it's the password for the database for all rouge agents in reddit

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

So you're saying I should two time? Gotcha, ice cold man, as ice cold as the beers I'd knock back with Misato and as ice cold as Gendo pulling the trigger

Not as cold as Kaji leaving...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm currently also replaying FEAR.

Two things strike me with this game:

1) how incredibly well it aged. I would nearly put it up there with Doom. They don't look "cringy" when you are used to current day graphics, but simply look cool and good.

2) how often these days I play an FPS where the overall game experience is actually what entertains me, not the shooting part. Like "yeah, another fight incoming, let's get over with to enjoy the rest" while FEAR to me is like "woah....what a loving great firefight......hurry, I need another one!"

Seriously, the shooting in this game compared with the environmental effects when (swaying lights from bullets, dust kicking up and hovering around, bits of cement falling from the walls and ceiling after some bullets hit them) is such a perfect blend of great graphics/athmosphere and top-notch gunplay where every weapon feels awesome, AI is awesome, everythings awesome.

Oh, and I get to nail people to the wall, that's also a plus

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Mr.Tophat posted:

You're in no position to speak, your username just requires one word to be replaced and it's the password for the database for all rouge agents in reddit

you up?

Zest
May 7, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

Also, if you're going that route, might as well rope Maya in to make it a truly anime dumpster fire...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

replace 'no' will 'full'

Zest posted:

Also, if you're going that route, might as well rope Maya in to make it a truly anime dumpster fire...

Whoah buddy, love triangles work, love squares, how shall I put it

ah, yes

n the words of my marriage councilor, 'that's no good'

tuo posted:

I'm currently also replaying FEAR.

Two things strike me with this game:

1) how incredibly well it aged. I would nearly put it up there with Doom. They don't look "cringy" when you are used to current day graphics, but simply look cool and good.

2) how often these days I play an FPS where the overall game experience is actually what entertains me, not the shooting part. Like "yeah, another fight incoming, let's get over with to enjoy the rest" while FEAR to me is like "woah....what a loving great firefight......hurry, I need another one!"

Seriously, the shooting in this game compared with the environmental effects when (swaying lights from bullets, dust kicking up and hovering around, bits of cement falling from the walls and ceiling after some bullets hit them) is such a perfect blend of great graphics/athmosphere and top-notch gunplay where every weapon feels awesome, AI is awesome, everythings awesome.

Oh, and I get to nail people to the wall, that's also a plus

Seriously, F.E.A.R loving rules. Try playing it the way I played it on stream, seriously, it owns. No slo mo, hardest difficulty, keep moving, as much dakka as possible. You die a lot but you get some truly brutal moments and it's frenetic as all hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zest posted:

But Misato won't do anal, while Ritsuko will do anything if you got a neckbeard.

Zest posted:

This, too.