Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
I've tried a bunch of times, but I can't get the hidden achievement I and Thou...computer gut says I have exceptional empathy, etc. anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

aniviron posted:

Honestly Superthermal is worth it just for the Psychoshock/Superthermal combo alone. On hard it's a one-two combo kill on weavers if you have the right upgrades, and because they don't share a cooldown you can just nuke them (or anything smaller) instantly. Really messes up just about anything.

Is there a way to switch between those two powers instantly? I've been using the wheel each time I need to change. Assuming you can just hotkey them up/favorite them and I've been lazy about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ladron posted:

I've tried a bunch of times, but I can't get the hidden achievement I and Thou...computer gut says I have exceptional empathy, etc. anyone else?

there are five specific people you have to save to get it easily. I think it's that prisoner, igwe, elazar, Mikhaila, and someone else.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Superthermal is my go to for poltergeists since the burning effect will finish them off even if they go invisible again.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

there are five specific people you have to save to get it easily. I think it's that prisoner, igwe, elazar, Mikhaila, and someone else.

Have to save Dahl too

Amish Ninja posted:

Is there a way to switch between those two powers instantly? I've been using the wheel each time I need to change. Assuming you can just hotkey them up/favorite them and I've been lazy about it.

Assuming you're on PC, pull up the wheel and push a number while mousing over an ability to hotkey it. You can do items or weapons that way too or from the inventory.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, I did all that, and dahl too, and I got the "do no harm" , but not this one

edit: I've also tried a variety of ending scenarios

ladron fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 9, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't have it, but I found this thing that mentions there's a point system for certain things.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a233731/i-and-thou-achievement

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I met a Nightmare. And put him away with the shotgun. Bad timing on his part, I had just stuck a bunch of upgrades into it. Had a fun perspective goof with him though. Thought he was small and in my face and shotgun resistant, but it turned out he was Very Big and Over There. I'm only playing on Easy because I like this game and ones like it mainly for exploring, but it was still satisfying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ladron posted:

Yeah, I did all that, and dahl too, and I got the "do no harm" , but not this one

edit: I've also tried a variety of ending scenarios

Everyone needs to make it off of the station. This includes the prisoner in psychotronics, just letting him hang out there while everything blows up isn't enough.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

Everyone needs to make it off of the station. This includes the prisoner in psychotronics, just letting him hang out there while everything blows up isn't enough.

That guy got killed by a Phantom after I helped him, and I still got the achievement.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Done Arboretum or at least a lot of it, done downstairs crew quarters that Poltergeist introduction in the bathroom was amazing, glad that was my first exposure to one, whacked the Nightmare a couple of times. poked around the bridge. Blew up the shuttle just in case, also grew a cool fruit, helped a cannibal and then walked into his obvious trap

Did a couple of Typhon upgrades, just mindjack and mimic but now turrets don't like me. Totally worth it though, that psi blast kicks rear end. Definitely going to go full on with Typhon stuff as well now. Plus I've got 50+ Psi stim things since I haven't had any Psi using things up until now. Was hoping mindjack fixed people properly rather than just knocked them out but it was easier than stun gunning them all anyway. I suppose from a silly roleplay view it's better for them. Will probably upgrade mimic to full eventually just for goofing around, only been a wineglass and a cup so far. Just went a bit wild with Neuromods and got the movement upgrades and also all the scope slots.

Is the Golden Gun just a straight upgrade? Probably should have asked that before I recycled my slightly upgraded pistol but oh well.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

McDragon posted:

Is the Golden Gun just a straight upgrade? Probably should have asked that before I recycled my slightly upgraded pistol but oh well.

A slight upgrade. Nothing game shattering.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, thank you

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

turn off the TV posted:

do you knock him out and carry him to the shuttle bay?

I still have to do my kill everyone run, then I'll go back and try for this one again.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

IMJack posted:

That guy got killed by a Phantom after I helped him, and I still got the achievement.

That's okay, so long as you let him go.

You also have to kill the cook, after Danielle asks you to

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

QuarkJets posted:

That's okay, so long as you let him go.

You also have to kill the cook, after Danielle asks you to

yeah, but by doing that you miss do no harm.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ladron posted:

Not if you Let him blow himself up in the escape pod.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ladron posted:

Nope, you can still get it. If the recycler charge in his escape pod goes off that doesn't count as you killing him. Alternatively, if you deactivate the recycler charge then he'll start laughing and then dies anyway, but that doesn't count as you killing him, either. But it makes Danielle happy so it's win-win

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

QuarkJets posted:

Nope, you can still get it. If the recycler charge in his escape pod goes off that doesn't count as you killing him. Alternatively, if you deactivate the recycler charge then he'll start laughing and then dies anyway, but that doesn't count as you killing him, either. But it makes Danielle happy so it's win-win

you can also just never go to that area.
"killing himself" is different form "killing him" which is what you said

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I didnt kill him and still got it, just stunned him

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

I didnt kill him and still got it, just stunned him

Ditto. As long as you neutralize him without letting him get away, I guess.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I felt really bad for the fake cook. He had set all these recycler traps, but I had three of the suit chips that make you immune to recycler grenades, so... I just slotted one, and ignored them. And he never seemed to realize...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was appreciative of the free loot.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm just wondering if I'm the only person that came to the conclusion that baseball gloves = condoms?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Vakal posted:

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person that came to the conclusion that baseball gloves = condoms?

I actually found a note or book or something about a retired baseball player who came up to Talos 1 to get scanned and gave a bunch of people signed baseball gloves as gifts, but said that it seemed like no one really cared about the gloves so that's where I assumed they came from.

People on this station freaking love bananas, though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ignoranus posted:

Like in how Interstellar the only crop left in the world was corn, in Preys universe only banana plants are grown and the only animals raised are eels.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

turn off the TV posted:

No, they're pretty specifically brought into psychotronics from the shuttle.

http://prey.wikia.com/wiki/Shuttle_Secret

https://i.imgur.com/lIWQhxj.jpg

Waaaait a second. One mimic doesn't bring even NEAR 20 neuromods' worth of exotic material. Even the insanely productive extraction apparatus only gave like...17? material for the four mimics.

Vakal posted:

A slight upgrade. Nothing game shattering.
I think it's 50% more damage at max upgrade, 25% more without upgrades. Quite respectably better.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm starting my Typhon-powers only run. Is there a non-glitch way to get into Psychotronics early, or are you stuck on the railroad to watch the videos and fix the Looking Glass server?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's only two doors and one of them is the airlock so you're gonna need the keycard I think.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Waaaait a second. One mimic doesn't bring even NEAR 20 neuromods' worth of exotic material. Even the insanely productive extraction apparatus only gave like...17? material for the four mimics.

its mentioned somewhere that recyclers and fabricators are less efficient than specialized equipment. presumably pulling typhon parts out with your bare hands isnt too efficient either

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Also, gameplay and lore don't always line up perfectly.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Ignoranus posted:

I actually found a note or book or something about a retired baseball player who came up to Talos 1 to get scanned and gave a bunch of people signed baseball gloves as gifts, but said that it seemed like no one really cared about the gloves so that's where I assumed they came from.

There's at least one area where some group of people set up a little hidden baseball field. So they do see SOME use.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

There's at least one area where some group of people set up a little hidden baseball field. So they do see SOME use.

I missed this, what map?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I just pieced together how the smuggling drop offs are hidden. Welp, gotta go open the rest up I guess. And I unlocked the first thing on the fire and electric powers, so I will be trying those out a bit soon.

Also I read there's some kind of movement enhancement thingy somewhere out in space, could someone tell me where please?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

double nine posted:

I missed this, what map?

arboretum, by the windows

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

McDragon posted:

Oh, I just pieced together how the smuggling drop offs are hidden. Welp, gotta go open the rest up I guess. And I unlocked the first thing on the fire and electric powers, so I will be trying those out a bit soon.

Also I read there's some kind of movement enhancement thingy somewhere out in space, could someone tell me where please?

Do you have a quest about someone whose tracking bracelet was deactivated?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Vakal posted:

Like in how Interstellar the only crop left in the world was corn, in Preys universe only banana plants are grown and the only animals raised are eels.

The Eels are actually justified in-game. They're part of the station's water treatment process.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

All of the fruit and meat have a justification to them- the eels are for sewage treatment and then food, while the plants were all picked for nutritional content. The lemons are for vitamin c (space scurvy yo), the bananas are for potassium, etc. At first it just felt like a large random collection of foodstuffs, but there's some pretty cool logic going on here, someone actually took the time to think about what sorts of stuff you would grow in space if you had to be efficient about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vakal posted:

That's funny, because I think bananas are our most fragile crop. One disease and they are screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

That's funny, because I think bananas are our most fragile crop. One disease and they are screwed.

Yes but a space station is very safe from natural pathogens