Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I can't remember the last time a shonen anime had a soundtrack this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Mr. Fowl posted:

I can't remember the last time a shonen anime had a soundtrack this good.

Diamond Is Unbreakable was less than a year ago.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Also was it just me or was there like 60 unnecessary shots of a high school girl's boobs this ep.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Also was it just me or was there like 60 unnecessary shots of a high school girl's boobs this ep.
It's not just you. :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Let's not start the complaining about Momo's costume because it ain't gonna change

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

JoJo's more seinen than shonen, isn't it?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo went from Shonen Jump to Ultra Jump about like, thirteen years ago in it's 30 year run

Fabricated posted:

Let's not start the complaining about Momo's costume because it ain't gonna change
nah im do it anyway

it's bad

It makes sense for her power I guess that she needs to be showing skin to make stuff but Horikoshi wrote it that way and he likes Mineta a lot iirc so i don't trust him

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
edit: yeah that too ^

Fabricated posted:

Yeah I don't necessarily want to start that, it's more that there were way more chest-level shots in this ep that I remember being in the manga, which, mineta aside, I remember being better than usual with this sort of thing. Not immune though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The costume is also just kind of ugly, imo.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Not liking this new 5 minute episode format they have suddenly.

The one piece format?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Clarste posted:

Though that has more to do with the hula skirt thing.

Though even then all she needed was no sleeves, she doesn't need the middle of her chest.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yeah it was kind of weird

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Clarste posted:

It's not as bad as Todoroki's original costume, lordy lord

I still dunno why she has a weird shelf and like a book on her back?? like it's not some literally Got An rear end Like A Shelf joke right, what is that?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 10, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Moltrey posted:

I still dunno why she has a weird shelf and like a book on her back?? like it's not some literally Got An rear end Like A Shelf joke right, what is that?

It's a book filled with notes on the properties and make up of stuff that she can refer to in a pinch.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Moltrey posted:

The Yaoyorictionary. It's full of notes about the physical makeup of things, so she can learn/remember how to make them in a pinch.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The book is supposed to be her crafting log where she writes a list of a bunch of useful items and their compositions in case she forgets what something is made of. Which is kinda impractical for an active crisis, and never used.
If she thinks she needs that she should upgrade to a bluetooth headset and just ask Siri to remind her the details of things.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gruckles posted:

The book is supposed to be her crafting log where she writes a list of a bunch of useful items and their compositions in case she forgets what something is made of. Which is kinda impractical for an active crisis, and never used.
If she thinks she needs that she should upgrade to a bluetooth headset and just ask Siri to remind her the details of things.

It's probably real dumb for like fighting villains obviously but she could make poo poo like a makeshift tent or tools in a natural disaster which heroes also deal with.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Well that's definitely the best Jojo soundtrack so far

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank you all for educating me, im sorry i doubted momo

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Moltrey posted:

You could probably argue that's it retcon-y, but I really like the reveal that Todoroki was the one who voted for Momo. He's not completely aloof, just not good at People. Momo's respect for him is cute too.

What do you mean retcon-y? Momo's second vote was never addressed, right?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Retcon isn't really the right word, but I just wonder if that was Horikoshi's plan along, those chapters were over a year apart after all. And it's not like Todoroki had any real reason to vote for her other than she was the other student who got in through recommendations and they sit next to each other I like that moment, but I can easily someone else saying it's a silly "I Actually Secretly Believed In You All Along Momo"

e: actually before that chapter was the battle trial arc where she analyzed how bakugo and deku goofed in the trial battle better than All Might did, so okay yeah i believe it never mind

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 10, 2017

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Momo wants to leave large amounts of skin exposed so she can make big things quickly. Remember during the USJ arc when she had to make an insulated blanket and it shredded her jersey?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I mean his line is "I thought you'd be good at it", not "I definitely thought you were the best choice possible based on my extensive knowledge of your abilities and personality". They voted for class rep after the combat training part, which included Momo effortlessly dissecting and explaining everything right and wrong about Deku vs Midoriya in a clear and concise manner. He probably thought she seemed pretty smart.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Todoroki's also not the type to vote for himself, for the same reason he didn't choose a hero name. He just wants to be himself, not a 'hero' or even a 'class rep'(even if he's not sure what that is). It makes sense to me. Who else would he have voted for?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mirage posted:

Momo wants to leave large amounts of skin exposed so she can make big things quickly. Remember during the USJ arc when she had to make an insulated blanket and it shredded her jersey?
Yes, and we got shots of a basically-naked teenager. It makes sense in-story, but it doesn't make the camera focusing on her chest any less questionable.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Her costume would make more sense if it covered her tits and left her whole midriff and back open.

E: Like basically her gym uniform actually.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 10, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmao if you think Horikoshi couldn't have just written her the exact same with shorts and a tshirt or w/e. This is like when MGSV revealed Quiet breathed through her skin but you can still put her in a normal uniform later for some reason. Kojima didn't start with skin breathing he started with a naked chick. Like if you ever see a character and think "well it has to be like this the story demands her to only dress in a bikini" I'm suspicious of you.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yaoyorozu's costume is epic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here's a simple explanation for Yaoyorozu's outfit: It's a Shonen Jump manga.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao if you think Horikoshi couldn't have just written her the exact same with shorts and a tshirt or w/e. This is like when MGSV revealed Quiet breathed through her skin but you can still put her in a normal uniform later for some reason. Kojima didn't start with skin breathing he started with a naked chick. Like if you ever see a character and think "well it has to be like this the story demands her to only dress in a bikini" I'm suspicious of you.

I mean ya but if you start from the point 'I'd like a fanservice character, and I'm going to give it an in universe justification', you can at least make sure the costume makes sense from that perspective.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

during Tsu's fight too was an awful lot of camera shots just on her chest. I'm side-eyeing the shot when she had just regurgitated the cuffs, too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think horikoshi wanted to draw boobs

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Do we know who the director for the episode was? Maybe it is something he likes to do.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
The costume is whatever but I totally didn't need a shot of her tits bouncing around while she was running away.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hell same dude, don't spend a lot of time drawing a 15yo's tho

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's a simple explanation for Yaoyorozu's outfit: It's a Shonen Jump manga.
that's a bad explanation

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it felt especially bad because I was reminded of how old these kids are by Eraserhead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

horikoshi is horny, and grape boy is literally his self-insert

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't really care. Like at all honestly.

Especially given the series' contemporaries in the magazine.

E: I just rewatched the episode real quick and I didn't really see anything to the degree of what people are talking about. Ya'll got brain worms. I guess everyone's dropping the series next season when one of the few actual fanservice moments shows up.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 10, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moltrey posted:

that's a bad explanation

I said it was an explanation, not a reason it's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

fool_of_sound posted:

Her costume would make more sense if it covered her tits and left her whole midriff and back open.

E: Like basically her gym uniform actually.

I second this, because the vertical open area isn't that much bigger than the leg width, and she has to open her top for wider surface area during a lot of her creation scenes anyway. The surface of the legs and arms already provides what's needed for making an object that's longest vertically, so with her power it'd be more logical to have an open area that'd be longest horizontally instead. Weird fanservice scenes don't put me off watching a TV series that's good enough but they can put me off recommending it to other people

• Locked thread