Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

So my pubbie guild disintegrated over the last week and I'm in the market for a new guild. We were close to clearing HAAT for the first time too. Any openings in any guilds appreciated before the next territory battle starts.

Ally code 978-135-167
https://swgoh.gg/u/sgtmongoose/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
QGJ is pretty close to haat. I'll see if we have alts or something that we can swap out

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just a heads up before the next TB, if you have any characters you can spare training droids or gear for, go ahead and use them. Every little bit helps.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Canemacar posted:

Just a heads up before the next TB, if you have any characters you can spare training droids or gear for, go ahead and use them. Every little bit helps.

More credits than Training Droids.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Breezed through the first 7 stages of the empire battle event.

The last stage is 4x GL11 Royal Guards and a GL12 Emperor Palpatine.

Palpie will kill 1 of your guys every turn. I could never get through to him due to the stuns and such from the Royal Guards. I used a GL8 Phoenix Squad.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Palpie will kill 1 of your guys every turn. I could never get through to him due to the stuns and such from the Royal Guards. I used a GL8 Phoenix Squad.

When I was first trying to clear it, I made sure to avoid the stuns somehow. Either with Tenacity up from Rex or Chirrut or just damage on the RGs to drop them below half. STHan was useful as well to soak up their stuns and give me TM in return when I couldn't do the above.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

I used the special ability with st han, biggs, and wedge and it helped.

Anybody have a home for my alt? I usually do all my tickets but it's better for goon guilds to have spots for main accounts.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

tadashi posted:

I used the special ability with st han, biggs, and wedge and it helped.

Anybody have a home for my alt? I usually do all my tickets but it's better for goon guilds to have spots for main accounts.

When we have a spot I'll take you back buddy.
Trip report. HAAT is loving tough

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

RC Cola posted:

:agreed: And I whiffed my CLS doing something stupid. :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Lando is the trick to that fight.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

No problem. I dont want to suck up han shards from someone trying in earnest. Plus, now i can farm ugnaught and lobot with no regerts.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

:agreed: And I whiffed my CLS doing something stupid. :smith:

What happened? Also at worst we lose and try again in a month. Or whenever that thrawn event comes back.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

RC Cola posted:

What happened? Also at worst we lose and try again in a month. Or whenever that thrawn event comes back.

It was at the end of P1, I ran solo zKylo. Then I ran solo CLS to finish off P1. I tried to get him to escape, but the P2 tank hit him hard and killed him. It was a dumb move.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

It was at the end of P1, I ran solo zKylo. Then I ran solo CLS to finish off P1. I tried to get him to escape, but the P2 tank hit him hard and killed him. It was a dumb move.

Ah well. Live and learn. I'm pretty sure if we can't do it now(I don't think we can) we are very close to tipping over the edge.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Ah well. Live and learn. I'm pretty sure if we can't do it now(I don't think we can) we are very close to tipping over the edge.

P2 is the first big challenge.

Excellent P2 teams:

zFinn (L), R Trooper, R Pilot, Rey, Poe (depending on gear, should get you 500k-7m dmg)
Zody (L), Clone Sergeant, Echo, Fives, Princess Leia/Jawa Scavenger (depending on gear, should get you 500k-4m dmg)
HK-47 (L), IG88, IG86, Jawa Scavenger, Chief Nebit (depending on gear, should get you 300k-2m dmg)
Zader (L), Boba Fett, Darth Sidious, Phasma, Ewok Elder (depending on gear, should get you 200k-1m dmg)

poo poo that also works well in P4, and might consider saving for P4:
Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, CLS, +1 (depending on gear, should get you 500k-2m)
Zaul (L), Zavage, ZKylo + 2 (depending on gear/comp, should get you 200k-1m) (pro-tip, use Savage to kill the top turret and ignore the other two.)

*Resistance and Clones also work well in P4, but the comps vary slightly. For Clones in P4, princess Leia becomes mandatory. For Resistance in P4, drop R Pilot for R2.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 11, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Ineptitude posted:

I used my new Phoenix this time around as well and cleared it easily, though mine are g10.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I used my new Phoenix this time around as well and cleared it easily, though mine are g10.

I managed to do Tier1 with Wedge L, Biggs, STHan, Lando, Ezra, all GL8. Had Lando and STH left when Palpie ate dirt.

Tier2 steamrolled me in the first round.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

One day you will have a g11 rebel squad starring CLS and will get to watch very hard clear on auto.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

One day you will have a g11 rebel squad starring CLS and will get to watch very hard clear on auto.

I too hope the servers are still up in 2030.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
gently caress, I'm trying to connect and help with the HAAT, but we just went through a hurricane and although we didn't get the brunt, we lost power and internet. I'll jump in as soon as my connection lets me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Doji Sekushi posted:

gently caress, I'm trying to connect and help with the HAAT, but we just went through a hurricane and although we didn't get the brunt, we lost power and internet. I'll jump in as soon as my connection lets me.

You have 36 hours it's fine lol

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Zachack posted:

I'm actually going to see if mine can solo it tomorrow.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Get in Discord.

Also Cactus, you got a spot for this guy?

I stepped down, gave the guild to my brother, and it's full atm. I still play, but not as thoroughly I'm never, ever doing GW again, ever. That poo poo nearly made me quit for good.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Cactus posted:

I stepped down, gave the guild to my brother, and it's full atm. I still play, but not as thoroughly I'm never, ever doing GW again, ever. That poo poo nearly made me quit for good.

Put a zeta on finn and it'll be your favorite part of the game.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Aadoniel posted:

Put a zeta on finn and it'll be your favorite part of the game.

That was going to be my plan before I had my mini-burnout. I was prioritising CLS, but I have a res squad from doing all the mod challenges so diverting off to them won't take me long to get them to a usable standard, and that was going to be my excruciating dilemma in a week or so when I get my last few Z pieces. Put it on Luke and get a big boost in raids, or put it on Finn and make GW great again by not losing out to the final 2 node rewards every day.

Then I burned out, didn't play for a little while and now that I've gone back to it I've found I no longer give a poo poo about my arena rank, or doing dailies or anything. It's liberating to be quite honest.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The first time this event came around I remember it pissing me off and barely being able to scrape through the first mission. This time G10 rebels made it trivial. Biggs did his special and EP was down to half health. All the RGs lit up. Chaze dispelled them all. EP died the next turn from random small arms fire. The rest was just sweeping up the guards. Baze died in the bonus stage but not before telling the RGs to sit down and allow the EP spankings to proceed.

tadashi posted:

No problem. I dont want to suck up han shards from someone trying in earnest. Plus, now i can farm ugnaught and lobot with no regerts.

My alt is in a 32m GP pub guild doing hard rancor and normal AAT. It's pretty chill and I know at least one other member is a Goon. Good place to stick alts if you like: 652-369-123

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, phase 2 of the territory battles ends tomorrow at 10 am pacific time. If you haven't done your fights yet, please get them in asap. If you haven't deployed yet and you'll be around before the phase ends, please hold your deploy so we can maximize our results. If you aren't going to be around, please deploy to the bottom territory unless it's at 3*, then deploy to the top one. Twostep has graciously been volunteered to help coordinate deploys tomorrow morning, so please pay attention to in-game chat. I'm confident we can get one of the two territories to 3*, and I'd like to see how close we can get the second one.

Edit: We're now within 500k of 3* on the bottom territory. At this point please deploy top, and we'll either get some last minute fights on the bottom or we'll finesse it in the morning.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 13, 2017

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm building a resistance team since I should have zFinn soon. Have a 7* Poe, Rey, R2. Who should the 5th slot go to? Resistance Pilot? Soldier? Other?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

I'm building a resistance team since I should have zFinn soon. Have a 7* Poe, Rey, R2. Who should the 5th slot go to? Resistance Pilot? Soldier? Other?

Trooper is most useful.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

If either goon guild has space, I'm back and playing again. Ally code is 792-317-377

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

If either goon guild has space, I'm back and playing again. Ally code is 792-317-377

Both are full atm. What's your galactic power? Just wondering. Have an inactive I'm debating kicking from QGJ is he stays inactive much longer

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Zachack posted:

Get the trooper and pilot anyway because then you'll have a full resistance team and you can use R2 somewhere else for gw/tb.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Both are full atm. What's your galactic power? Just wondering. Have an inactive I'm debating kicking from QGJ is he stays inactive much longer

https://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

Not much, but I've been inactive for a while. Direction of what to farm up is welcome right now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Get the trooper and pilot anyway because then you'll have a full resistance team and you can use R2 somewhere else for gw/tb.

This makes good sense now that CLS & the OG rebels are a thing. I really want my R2 to run with them because he fits in perfectly but my pilot sucks so I have to run cls/rhan/ob/leia/X instead

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Not much, but I've been inactive for a while. Direction of what to farm up is welcome right now.

Farm mods on cantina. Gear up your rebels. I'd say work on Phoenix as they count as rebels work towards thrawn. Ezra is a very good jedi/rebel/phoenix

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Warmachine posted:

You're also half way to a decent Resistance team. Congrats on already having a 5* HR Soldier.

Dat 7* Ventris and Talia though, you must have gone hard on Night Sisters a while back. They're getting a rework and an event soon so that will pay off eventually.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

You're also half way to a decent Resistance team. Congrats on already having a 5* HR Soldier.

Dat 7* Ventris and Talia though, you must have gone hard on Night Sisters a while back. They're getting a rework and an event soon so that will pay off eventually.

I did. I went hard NS themed team before I realized that the meta didn't support that, and finished it because sunk cost fallacy :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Farming questions:

I now have a full 7* Phoenix Squad (sans Sabine)
In ~3 weeks ill have a full 7* Empire team to use for R2D2 (GMT, TFP, RG, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper and Palpie) I guess ditch either storm or magma
In ~6 weeks ill have all the dudes required for CLS to 7* (I already have STH at 7*, Leia and Luke at 5*, and this is assuming i'll get R2 to 7*)

1. What should i use my GW currency for, after finishing Magmatrooper?
As i see it the good options are:
-Resistance Pilot for the resistance squad (for GW and HAAT?)
-Captain phasma for a FO squad to complete the mod challenges
-Ship tokens (particularly Resistance X, FO Tie and JC's starfighter)

2. What should i in general be working towards after all this?
Resistance? FO? Jedi's for Yoda?

I don't feel that focusing on TB specific stuff is in the best interest of neither me nor the guild right now and it is better i focus on that once i have good teams for the other types of guild content (?)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

In ~6 weeks ill have all the dudes required for CLS to 7* (I already have STH at 7*, Leia and Luke at 5*, and this is assuming i'll get R2 to 7*)

I just want to make sure you don't forget about Old Ben here, since you didn't mention him, and he's required for CLS.

Ineptitude posted:

Personally, I'd say Phasma. I wouldn't be surprised if a FO team becomes useful with some new character release around the release of The Last Jedi. Though that could be true for Resistance Pilot, though I've seen a few people saying Resistance Trooper is better for the fifth Resistance member. Phasma build TM, slows down opposing teams, and, as leader, grants additional attacks. She's pretty handy, and is usually my leader for my C team I start GW with.

Ineptitude posted:

Resistance is probably your best bet right now, but Jedi seem to be getting some focus lately. Yoda is super handy when facing a team that kills you with debuffs. And a basic Jedi team is pretty easy to farm, especially if you already have a 7* Phoenix squad with Kanan and Ezra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Farming questions:

I now have a full 7* Phoenix Squad (sans Sabine)
In ~3 weeks ill have a full 7* Empire team to use for R2D2 (GMT, TFP, RG, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper and Palpie) I guess ditch either storm or magma

I don't feel that focusing on TB specific stuff is in the best interest of neither me nor the guild right now and it is better i focus on that once i have good teams for the other types of guild content (?)

Do you have zetas? If not, use GW to work towards some 5* ships. If not I'd say phasma