Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

im with gruber when he says that apple making a big deal out of the 10th year anniversary is bad news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Lysidas posted:

i just rememberred what some people mentioned/speculated about a long time ago: anybody have any idea whether the new iphones will use usb-c or lightning?

I'm hoping for thunderbolt :science:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/906584812600918016

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the apple tipster corroborates that it was basic impossible to find the gm on your own, as it required the direct link. the homepod leak otoh seems to have been publicly accessible by comparison

this leak is suspicious, but i wouldn't rush to tie it to the other mishap

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
so there's like, no virtual home button on the next iPhone? you just control everything through gestures?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
there might be a side button of some sort, we'll have to wait and see

e: just as i sent that:

https://twitter.com/_inside/status/906591924102078464

ufarn fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 9, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

why the hell are there no gifs of the poo animoji yet??? if i were paying into the patreon of the twitter build analysis guy id be loving furious

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
when I finally get rid of my dumbphone i'll probably get an anroid and it'll likely be very needs suiting

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ufarn posted:

the apple tipster corroborates that it was basic impossible to find the gm on your own, as it required the direct link. the homepod leak otoh seems to have been publicly accessible by comparison

this leak is suspicious, but i wouldn't rush to tie it to the other mishap

Is this idiot suggesting Apple authorized this leak? like literally to blow its own reveal next week?

apple "leaks" go to reporters apple likes, not firmware hacks and rumor sites.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

maybe he meant they were going to bend down and take it in the butt

pounded in the butt by my iPhone leak

https://www.amazon.com/Slammed-Butt-Smartphones-Missing-Headphone-ebook/dp/B01LW1VO9H/

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Tim needs to bring back Apple's Worldwide Loyalty Team asap. These leaks are ridiculous.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

when I finally get rid of my dumbphone i'll probably get an anroid and it'll likely be very needs suiting

get the smaller pixel in 128gb and root it, it is glorious

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

chuck always a step ahead of us

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Enroll face

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

chuck always a step ahead of us

He's no lovey banh.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Lysidas posted:

i just rememberred what some people mentioned/speculated about a long time ago: anybody have any idea whether the new iphones will use usb-c or lightning?

lol

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
what does your heart tell you

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
usb-c is thicker than lightning

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, there have even been studies on instagram's psych impact. naive kids go there, see all the meticulously crafted poo poo about world traveller fitness guru fashionable socialites, and then feel poo poo about themselves. on facebook you at least click the wall, see bunch of 9gag memes reposted, and everything sorts itself out

never mind those articles showing how people might be poor as gently caress but spend all their money just to make it look like they have a good life on instagram, when the reality is that the other side of the room where they don't take photos is derelict and just a mattress on the ground as a bed

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My Linux Rig posted:

i feel like this phrase is being overused and misused lately

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Last Chance posted:

yeah but come the gently caress on, their not ditching the lightning connector for USB-c

that's never going to happen

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My Linux Rig posted:

yeah but come the gently caress on, their not ditching the lightning connector for USB-c

that's never going to happen

yeah i had no idea what you meant to say

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it might come with usb-c to lightning, but no, i doubt the iphone will have usb-c on it

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

i was never sure what the deal was with apple falling foul of that eu directive that mandated microusb on all phones, did they pay their way out of that one or what

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HAT FETISH posted:

i was never sure what the deal was with apple falling foul of that eu directive that mandated microusb on all phones, did they pay their way out of that one or what

free dongle iirc

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HAT FETISH posted:

it was never a mandate, just a recommendation (that expired, i believe) but yeah they put micro-usb cables with lightning adapters in the box

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Endless Mike posted:

it was never a mandate, just a recommendation (that expired, i believe) but yeah they put micro-usb cables with lightning adapters in the box

which to be fair i would not mind a handful of myself....

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sniep posted:

which to be fair i would not mind a handful of myself....

only $19 on apple dot com!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL that apple thought mere "unguessable" URLs without authentication would save them from any more leaked firmware. apparently all you need to download the ios 11 GM is the URL :laugh:

and now tuesday's event has been spoiled. wonder if apple is gonna put steve troughton-smith on their shitlist.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ismh/status/906556405645287424

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

echinopsis posted:

never mind those articles showing how people might be poor as gently caress but spend all their money just to make it look like they have a good life on instagram, when the reality is that the other side of the room where they don't take photos is derelict and just a mattress on the ground as a bed

instagram is bad?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/never_released/status/906931297788055552

https://twitter.com/never_released/status/906916221836292096

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

metal gear rising joke

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I wonder if this "hide the GM URL really well" thing is new, or if it was always the norm and it only leaked this year. like why not require that and some authentication at least

in any case, some very sad people in Cupertino right now, I bet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why would they be sad? they leaked it and they know tim is just going to shrug his shoulders instead of having them face any consequences

ufarn
May 30, 2009
this is what happens when you move your employees to open offices

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it really sucks when you work hard on something and some idiot leaks it and spoils the announcement.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ufarn posted:

this is what happens when you move your employees to open offices

i thought apple was one of the few that didn't buy into the open office fad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

i thought apple was one of the few that didn't buy into the open office fad