Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

World 3 boss isn't loving about that's for drat sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Has anyone managed to trigger this part of the world 3 boss fight? From what I can tell, it's supposed to trigger upon hitting him without taking out the spotlight, but he's not doing that for me in game.

it appears to have been cut from the game, going by comments. which of course is the exact opposite of official but no-one else seems to have found a trigger for it so it seems plausible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
FUUUUCKing god Rabbid Mario is the MVP of this game

Rabbid Mario, Mario and Luigi is a loving broken combo sometimes. I just did 4-2, and I vamp-critted four rabbids at once with Rabbid Mario after jumping into the middle of them and magnetizing them all to me. Cleaned them up with the others, and then the rest of the rabbids that were spawned were all killed by bouncing crit overwatch attacks from Mario and Luigi. I literally did the italian MWAH whatever hand gesture in real life it was such a beating.

Rabbid Mario 4 life

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Deltron 3030 posted:

Online battles would be sensational with this game. A man can dream...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Infinitum posted:

Has anyone given the coop campaign a burl yet?

How is it?

Co-op campaign is fun! It's nice being able to use 4 characters. Controls are a bit clunky because the split Joycons have fewer buttons, but we can deal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

spit on my clit posted:

beepo and the world 3 boss should both be silenced forever. why is there no "smash beepo to bits whenever it tries to talk" button

Is all you do complain? Holy gently caress, almost every post of yours in this thread has been you bitching.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Beepo isn't bad and what im assuming is Grant Kirkhope [?] doing opera is a treasure

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Macaluso posted:

FUUUUCKing god Rabbid Mario is the MVP of this game

Rabbid Mario, Mario and Luigi is a loving broken combo sometimes. I just did 4-2, and I vamp-critted four rabbids at once with Rabbid Mario after jumping into the middle of them and magnetizing them all to me. Cleaned them up with the others, and then the rest of the rabbids that were spawned were all killed by bouncing crit overwatch attacks from Mario and Luigi. I literally did the italian MWAH whatever hand gesture in real life it was such a beating.

Rabbid Mario 4 life

gently caress, I should probably use Rabbid Mario.

I'm at 4-5 currently and I haven't used Rabbid Mario. I tried him once and blew up my own people, so I guess I should properly learn his character.

My normal lineup is: Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi. It has been working fairly well for me so far.

I also play in the way that if I get less than a perfect on the level, I automatically restart the battle until I get perfect. I've only had to do in this on a handful of levels, but goddamn can some of the levels be complete fuckers. It's amusing how sometimes I'll have levels where I'll get destroyed in the first few turns and then I change my strategy and can beat it with barely a scratch.

Also, all the bosses own with 1 & 3 being standouts so far.

Also, I know that Rabbids are supposed to be dumb, but I think Rabbid Yoshi might actually be proper rear end mentally disabled.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dizz posted:

Beepo isn't bad and what im assuming is Grant Kirkhope [?] doing opera is a treasure

Beepo is a jerk :mad:

Mordiceius posted:

My normal lineup is: Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi. It has been working fairly well for me so far.

I mean, props to you for making Rabbid Yoshi work. I can't seem to find a good fit for him on my teams that another character can't just do better. Rabbid Peach has also sadly been pretty underused since getting Peach :(

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Death to Beepo and may his sympathizers be inked for an eternity.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress, I should probably use Rabbid Mario.

I'm at 4-5 currently and I haven't used Rabbid Mario. I tried him once and blew up my own people, so I guess I should properly learn his character.

I also play in the way that if I get less than a perfect on the level, I automatically restart the battle until I get perfect. I've only had to do in this on a handful of levels, but goddamn can some of the levels be complete fuckers. It's amusing how sometimes I'll have levels where I'll get destroyed in the first few turns and then I change my strategy and can beat it with barely a scratch.

Also, all the bosses own with 1 & 3 being standouts so far.

Also, I know that Rabbids are supposed to be dumb, but I think Rabbid Yoshi might actually be proper rear end mentally disabled.

I finally switched out Luigi for Rabbid Mario around World 4 when I got tired of babysitting Luigi's low HP and never switched back for the rest of the game; give him Vamp weapons for survivability and spec for his dash damage and magnet ability and I can basically use him on his own while Mario and Rabbid Luigi go do their own thing. You have to be careful with positioning and turn/action orders due to the way his splash damage works, but pulling a group of 5 or 6 enemies together and then dashing through 3 of them finished with a shotgun blast or hammer is incredibly refreshing compared to using Luigi the first 3/4 of the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I ran Luigi the whole game because M Power overwatch is just too insane, but now that I've beaten the game I think I'll go back through and play the game again with no R. Luigi or Luigi. I just wish I could play without Mario but I guess there's still co-op for that.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Silver Falcon posted:

Co-op campaign is fun! It's nice being able to use 4 characters. Controls are a bit clunky because the split Joycons have fewer buttons, but we can deal.

Yeah co-op is solid, I did the first world or whatever with a total beginner and we did fine. Each person controls 2 characters but you can pass back and forth and team jump, etc. as if it were one squad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rabbid Mario is a late-game god and also reminds me of Freddie Mercury

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

meat police posted:

Death to Beepo and may his sympathizers be inked for an eternity.

The story is actually about a racist roomba.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

We must secure the existence of our troopas and a future for koopa kids.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

THIS 👏 COMP 👏 IS 👏 BROKEN

I cannot stress enough how loving good Rabbid Mario is jesus christ

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Lmao holy poo poo how the gently caress are you meant to beat The final battle in 7 turns for a perfect??? I thought I did swell with 12 turns.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dizz posted:

Lmao holy poo poo how the gently caress are you meant to beat The final battle in 7 turns for a perfect??? I thought I did swell with 12 turns.

I haven't done it yet myself, but it almost certainly is going to involve ignoring all of the other enemies. Also, I'm pretty sure once you beat that encounter you get weapons that are a giant upgrade available to purchase.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I've seen at least one run-through that set it up such that as the phase changed, Overwatches were active, thus dealing significant damage to the new phase before any defences or such were fully in place.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Bloodly posted:

I've seen at least one run-through that set it up such that as the phase changed, Overwatches were active, thus dealing significant damage to the new phase before any defences or such were fully in place.

That happened on my first try. Final phase had half it's HP chunked before it landed, Unfortunately I didn't know what that phase did and got a person murdered because I didn't think Rabbid Peach would lose 250 HP on a turn.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dizz posted:

MPower, Sentry, Sentry, Hammer is a full phase of HP in one turn. I did beat all the adds in the first two phases, but ignored them in the last one in favor of a one turn kill.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dizz posted:

I got it with Mario, Luigi, and Rpeach. Use movement to take out the smaller guys.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mordiceius posted:

Is all you do complain? Holy gently caress, almost every post of yours in this thread has been you bitching.

it's a very good game, but it has problems, so of course im going to whine about them, I'm on something awful. final boss was hilariously easy, no wonder Yoshi comes in at the rear end-end of the game, he's even better than Rabbid Mario.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just finished World 2 and holy poo poo what an intro for Peach!

I ended up with Rabbid Mario and Peach for that boss battle and I think I'm in love with shotguns now.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bloodly posted:

That lets you skip a lot of the final phase. I missed it by a turn on my first clear and i "wasted" a turn clearing the smashers that could have been fairly easily kited.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm 2 chests and 2 challenges away from wrapping up world 3 and holy poo poo that world is huge and confusing and I hate having to search the whole of it again to find the last two chests.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I just got Yoshi. How is he?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mordiceius posted:

I just got Yoshi. How is he?

he's got ink/freeze weapons, an AoE ground pound that can deal up to 130 damage and covers a large area, his hero sight can deal up to 150% weapon damage (Says it gives him two attacks, but I've never seen it trigger twice. maybe it's two attacks in one burst?) with a 3* turn cooldown, his other special ensures a critical hit for every hero in range on a 3* turn cooldown. Uses a minigun and a rocket launcher. He's very, very good, shame you get him when the game's pretty much over

*You can upgrade the cooldowns to a 2 turn cooldown for each special.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Got my first crash to OS on World 4-2. It was going so well too (Rabbid Mario breaks battles I think)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wish you could swap out Mario. The "must have a rabbids" thing isn't even a factor so far because the rabbids are so good I never want to have them out of my party.

Also the low-framerate jumping beans in World 2 are loving with my head.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'd like to see what a team of Luigi, Peach, and Rabbid Mario could get done but there's always co-op.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Post-game:

All I have left are the final four ultimate challenges. holy poo poo these are nuts

The final world 4 challenge ruled though

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Post-game:

All I have left are the final four ultimate challenges. holy poo poo these are nuts

Yeah, when I saw challenge 1, I said aloud, "What am I even looking at here?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Protip don't restart 4-5, as you'll need to do the first part of the battle all over again :cripes:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ultimate challenges don't gently caress around do they?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Little Mac posted:

Post-game:

Yeah I got the world 4 one but the other 3 are a frustrating pain, probably just because I'm way too used to my Mario/Luigi/Rluigi comp and need to switch it up to win.

Getting the world 1 challenge down to just bowser is easy enough, the problem is inevitably getting RNG-hosed so that I only have one person left and can't kill him quick enough

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

If BotW didn't come out this year, this game would be my GOTY. Still have about 12 co-op challenges to do.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010
Oh man, challenge 4-7: I spent ages setting it up so I would kill the last enemies during their first turn, but at the end of my first turn spawny got hit by a fireball and ran all the way to the end zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

If BotW didn't come out this year, this game would be my GOTY. Still have about 12 co-op challenges to do.

Is there anything the Co-Op challenges give? I got 100% everything, doing ultimate challenges later, and also plan on getting all perfects on story missions for the hell of it.

but doing co-op challenges alone just seems pitiful

• Locked thread