Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He had to hit that tough redemption skillshot, congrats to him on mastering "Janna" somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CLG's laser focus on Galio was baffling that game. Seemed like in every fight even if Jensen and Sneaky were open they just had everyone pounding on Galio.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the Janna ult on one creep

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

njsykora posted:

CLG's laser focus on Galio was baffling that game. Seemed like in every fight even if Jensen and Sneaky were open they just had everyone pounding on Galio.

Having a guy like Impact on a character that actually flies up in the air and then impacts the ground is pretty difficult to game plan around.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*in c9 fan voice*

i would just like to see worlds without TSM for once. my team?? heh, well shucks they're just a couple of boys, friends really. lowest payroll in the league, and a group of five friends who have grown up together from challenger series to make it big. got a real underrated attack damage carry, too. you probably haven't heard of him but he's good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

I think their big issue was that getting onto the backline was nearly impossible. Any big dive attempts by Darshan/Omar/Aphro were going to get instantly blocked by Smoothie's Janna, and the combined danger of Featherstorm -> Bladecaller or Shockwave meant that Huhi/Stixxay trying to get into the backline would be suicide. They had to pick them apart front-to-back unless Aphro could get a really good engage, and by the time they got to 45+ minutes, those three tanks were barely going to last 4 seconds against full build no boots Xayah with an Ardent-buffed Janna shield. At the risk of sounding cliche, they got outscaled. They needed to have ended the game off of that Jensen pick, or at least cemented a tempo advantage, but Sneaky flat out outplayed the entirety of CLG and won C9 the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me it was VERY ballsy for smoothie to pull out janna for the first time all year with the season on the line. i wonder who his alt account for perfecting janna mechanics is. the god!!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
can't believe that riot allows such blatant cheating from c9

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://imgur.com/a/lkBgS

I love MarkZ.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Kira and Frozen are going to poo poo all over Nicolaj Jensen.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

to me it was VERY ballsy for smoothie to pull out janna for the first time all year with the season on the line. i wonder who his alt account for perfecting janna mechanics is. the god!!

You made this post 2 times already. Can you post more about Chinese LCS and less trying to emulate Kevan. He already posts here.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sorry folks. I've got the entire market on thinking c9 is garbage. Nobody else can think that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Sorry folks. I've got the entire market on thinking c9 is garbage. Nobody else can think that.

this is a big reversal of fortune. we had a lot of good times back when i was definitely very mad about cloud 9, but i guess i had best return to china.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*on the telephone with coach aaron*
im not allowed to talk about hais wizard earring anymore, no, they said i was like keven. yes i understand, no girlfriends or jacking off. what do you mean i better stop making fun of fnatic, someone else did that. geez man. all right, i'll do better

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

Really great game to watch. CLG needed to pull the trigger on that Elder fight 5 seconds sooner, I feel. They waffled on it way too long and let Impact get down to cut off the engage.

I feel like CLG should have just tried to draw out C9 or sacrifice OmarGod for smite steal and let Darshan get nexus turret. I mean it would have changed much but if there is only 1 nexus turret and u get a good wave Taliyah/Shen can backdoor.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Glad to see C9 once again overcome the gauntlet and earn their way to worlds again.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't see C9 making it out of the play-ins.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

It's hard for me to say, since I haven't kept up with the performance of the third place of the third place LMS/LCK teams as much as I'd like to have, but it doesn't look good. Despite how enjoyable the games yesterday were to watch, it was obvious both teams were struggling pretty badly. MarkZ on GLT last night was mentioning how the top NA teams have actually been panicking over how poor their performances have been overall, with even Regi scrambling to find some way to bring up the level of TSM's performance.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

hopefully the yung montgomery burns is going to get destroyed by gambit

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

It's hard for me to say, since I haven't kept up with the performance of the third place of the third place LMS/LCK teams as much as I'd like to have, but it doesn't look good. Despite how enjoyable the games yesterday were to watch, it was obvious both teams were struggling pretty badly. MarkZ on GLT last night was mentioning how the top NA teams have actually been panicking over how poor their performances have been overall, with even Regi scrambling to find some way to bring up the level of TSM's performance.

LCK is irrelevant to play-ins since as the region with the reigning champs they get all 3 seeds into the group stage automatically. Also remember the format for the play-ins, C9 could end up in a group with WE and AHQ and that would be interesting.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

njsykora posted:

Also remember the format for the play-ins, C9 could end up in a group with WE and AHQ and that would be interesting.

I was wondering about this and looked it up last night and it's actually not true (I assumed what you posted was right as well until I read):

Basically the main region's teams are super protected in the draw. The only way I can see upsets are if one of the wild card teams wins a group phase and then you have scenario basically just like last year's Round of 8 in the playoffs where one major region is playing the surprise wild card team for the seed, and in the other match two major regions are forced into a draw against each other because one of them went second.

Here's the full article with a ton of detail about the draw

Libertine fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 11, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

LCK's third place doesn't compete in play-ins but it's still unlikely they'll do well against teams like Gambit

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Y'all are massively overrating a team with two washed up pros and Kira

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Firebert posted:

NA/EU/LMS third seeds are not good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wow I'm really afraid of dariens dead rear end corpse & the legion of old rear end weirdos jerking it off.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The only reason LCK doesn't get 4 seeds is because then they would be 4/4 of the final four.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

The only reason LCK doesn't get 4 seeds is because then they would be 4/4 of the final four.
The question is whether or not KT would somehow choke getting fourth seed or not

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wow I'm really afraid of dariens dead rear end corpse & the legion of old rear end weirdos jerking it off.
Quote this post every time TSM loses to a third seed/wildcard

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

NA/EU/LMS third seeds are not good.

And Gambit is like a bottom 3 LCS team

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i think c9 is inconsistent enough that something surprising certainly could happen but i'd be surprised if they didn't manage to make it to world's groups.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

I agree with this but Rekkles and Gilius both said Gambit is really good in scrims. Fnatic exclusively scrimmed Gambit for their match vs H2K. Honestly they will be like ANX. I don't think they will make it knockout round but making it out of play ins is definitely possible for them.

GAM were also pretty good in msi despite their top/adc being really weak like bottom level talent in lcs.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ulio posted:

I agree with this but Rekkles and Gilius both said Gambit is really good in scrims. Fnatic exclusively scrimmed Gambit for their match vs H2K.

Oh God we're screwed

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

G2 has exclusively been scrimming Alburt Knocks Luda.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Literally the only thing I'm looking forwards to about world is the week to two weeks where bjerg, double, pobelter and sneaky will be streaming from Korea.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope Rush starts streaming again just to spank C9 members

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ulio posted:

I agree with this but Rekkles and Gilius both said Gambit is really good in scrims. Fnatic exclusively scrimmed Gambit for their match vs H2K.

Every year we hear that x team looks really good in scrims and y team has really been struggling and then it turns out that it has no correlation to actual game performance because the the point of scrims isn't to win them, it's to experiment and figure out champion/meta/macro adjustments.

Edit: I remember it was a pretty big deal last year that western teams played poorly at worlds because they scrimmed "wrong" and this quote seems to indicate that they didn't learn anything.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

G2 has exclusively been scrimming Alburt Knocks Luda.

G2 has been exclusively scrimming with Lemon Dogs who have signed Froggen, Krepo, Sneaky Castroo, Sneaky Pete, and Doctor Who to play. the EU crowd goes wild, this team is a worlds sleeper for sure. the ultimate in Korean style scrimmaging, playing, and one vee one mid lane prowess.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

There's no wrong way to scrim. Just have fun is the only rule.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
respect diamondprox or ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008