Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrance West: the leagues first 4000 yard rusher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Terrance West: the leagues first 4000 yard rusher

Towson Tiger baybee

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Replace the Bengals with the Browns on the poll, OP.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it uh too late to take a moral stand on watching football based on the hit on Gio Bernard in 2015 like that one poster did

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tyler eifert ignorantly jacking it to pat tillman for all the wrong reasons is the last straw. i've become a fan of the ravens, steelers, and browns in real life but will continue to 'cosplay' as a bengals user for my hardened dedication to roleplaying

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/King55Tez/status/907024125738278945

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't get to see that because he went protected quick As hell

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

the browns are as good as i feared. also the steelers are worse than i expected, except AB.

seriously the browns are probably going to be pretty good at home

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'll wait to see them play a team other than road game Steelers. Over the past 4 or 5 years playing pit tight at home is more evidence of being bad than good.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Pittsburgh also had like 14 penalties

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

tyler eifert ignorantly jacking it to pat tillman for all the wrong reasons is the last straw. i've become a fan of the ravens, steelers, and browns in real life but will continue to 'cosplay' as a bengals user for my hardened dedication to roleplaying

Welcome friend

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Cavauro posted:

makes a lot of sense

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Being out of market blows. I don't think the red zone showed Pittsburgh's offense at all until the second half. Sounds like I missed a lot of penalties.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

zhel posted:

Being out of market blows. I don't think the red zone showed Pittsburgh's offense at all until the second half. Sounds like I missed a lot of penalties.

That's because their offense didn't really do anything til the second half. Time of possession was pretty lopsided in the first half.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your undefeated Baltimore Ravens are looking a little less invincible in the cold light of Texans@Bengals. At least they have those 6 guaranteed wins from playing all you bozos. That should see Baltimore comfortably to an 8-8 season.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your undefeated Baltimore Ravens are looking a little less invincible in the cold light of Texans@Bengals. At least they have those 6 guaranteed wins from playing all you bozos. That should see Baltimore comfortably to an 8-8 season.

Ravens are going 3-3 or worse in the division

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lol, you are gonna lose the division on primetime for a 2nd straight year

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Remember when the Ravens top free agent Eric Weddle, with help from the overrated CJ Mosley and Zach Orr could not gang tackle the 5'10", 185lb Antonio Brown at the goal line, whew lads

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Remember when the Ravens top free agent Eric Weddle, with help from the overrated CJ Mosley and Zach Orr could not gang tackle the 5'10", 185lb Antonio Brown at the goal line, whew lads

That was a ballsy play but goddamn it played off. You have lucked out with Antonio Brown.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ravens are going to suck poo poo if Flacco's back doesn't get better he looked awful week 1

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Remember that time steelers won the division and immediately lost to the ravens at home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Ravens are going to suck poo poo if Flacco's back doesn't get better he looked awful week 1

He needs rest for that to happen, which he won't get, so

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Browns at home is about as close to a bye week as you are going to get

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Luckily there's an unsigned qb out there if Flacco turns out to be crippled

JFF

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Despera posted:

Remember that time steelers won the division and immediately lost to the ravens at home
Yeah because they got a bullshit DPI call I remember :argh:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Weird that you recall a close playoff determined by one play because I remember a game in which the Steelers lost by two touchdowns and never really threatened to win.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
But what was the score at the end of the first quarter? As that's the only quarter that matters

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

That was a ballsy play but goddamn it played off. You have lucked out with Antonio Brown.

They've been so good at drafting and developing receivers it's not looking like luck anymore.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Chichevache posted:

They've been so good at drafting and developing receivers it's not looking like luck anymore.

It isn't luck.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm willing to say that the Steelers excellent WR picks and development aren't luck based but if they had an inkling that Brown could be who he became there is no way Pittsburgh waits until the 6th round to grab him. They were smart to pay him over Mike Wallace when most of the league thought that would be dumb, so that deserves real props.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm here to say The Bengals Defense Is Good just in time for them to go face an actual offense so that you can quote this and do finger guns at me which shoot real bullets into my love holes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah because they got a bullshit DPI call I remember :argh:

30-17 yeah no

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

N: Bengals OC Ken Zampese fired.

V: Ken Zampese sounds like a guy who would sell you used tires from his chain of 3 used tire stores called Ken Zampese's Used Tires.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am ready for the Lazor offense.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Wait are we really playing the Do You Remember game about Steelers-Ravens playoff games cause uh how far back to you really want to go here

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Weird that you recall a close playoff determined by one play because I remember a game in which the Steelers lost by two touchdowns and never really threatened to win.

Was that the time the Steelers were down 21-3 at half, and came back to essentially win the game on a 3rd and 18 with about minute left, and Ben threw a 65 yard pass to AB that he caught on his helmet during his rookie season?

There's been so many

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
you know there's a legit chance the steelers lose to the bengals. you guys seem to have a fetish for not beating absolutely garbage teams.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

you know there's a legit chance the steelers lose to the bengals. you guys seem to have a fetish for not beating absolutely garbage teams.

It's the way of the AFCN, friend. Any divisional game is somehow 50/50 regardless

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've enjoyed the rock paper scissors dynamic of recent years with Steelers beat Bengals, Bengals beat Ravens, Ravens beat Steelers, Everyone beats Browns.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was that the time the Steelers were down 21-3 at half, and came back to essentially win the game on a 3rd and 18 with about minute left, and Ben threw a 65 yard pass to AB that he caught on his helmet during his rookie season?

There's been so many

I was so excited for the Steelers to pay Mike Wallace and let Brown walk exclusively because of that play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

As they celebrate 50 years with their tagline "we're not just the 2017 Bengals we're every Bengals team" these first couple games have felt like a comforting nostalgia blanket. Yes, this is what being a Bengal's fan is supposed to feel like.

• Locked thread