Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Can you really be called a game developer from making one mediocre walking simulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

fart fart walking simulator I'm the gatekeeper of what is and isn't a game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this was all worth it for "heated gaming moment"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

CJacobs posted:

a playable GH3 custom! Hell yeah!!

That is clearly WoR and even uses mechanics that aren't even in GH3. :colbert:

Also do people really still actually care about Guitar Hero/Rock Band, like at all? I haven't heard basically anything about 'em at all from like anyone anywhere in almost a decade. Genuinely curious there.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm not the only one who almost never replays a game after they beat it, but will load a completed game save to just...well walk around the game world if it allows me to, right?

Like I really don't think I'd want to play all the way through Oblivion, Skyrim, New Vegas etc. again but I still have saves of the games where everything is wrapped up, my characters just chilling in their houses.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/906941519780732928

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dragonatrix posted:

Also do people really still actually care about Guitar Hero/Rock Band, like at all? I haven't heard basically anything about 'em at all from like anyone anywhere in almost a decade. Genuinely curious there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGYlQdKwtk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dragonatrix posted:

It's not! It's Guitar Hero 3 with the GH3+ mod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPPnZEVXg9w

And yes, people still care, streams of the game in particular pull in hundreds of viewers at a time. But nobody wants a new GH or Rock Band game because custom songs exist in the thousands, which is why GH Live was a failure and Rock Band 4 released pretty much unfinished.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/841884691452043267

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gaming for me is a religion, and screaming racial slurs is the poo poo. I had to come up with a slur that could hit up that kind of rush I get from the game, and I think I really rocked it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lizard Wizard posted:

fart fart walking simulator I'm the gatekeeper of what is and isn't a game

The only difference between walking sims and all other genres of games is that walking sims have a much higher likelihood of being good, on average.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's actually a little frustrating because I think it would be cool to have a game in that genre but where you're expected to handle certain encounters in groups and they're balanced accordingly.

Dark Souls 2 has this! It's not very good but it's there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I46Uv9s05Zo

In non pewdiepie news, I am psyched for No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, so I decided to turn one of my favorite songs from the series into a playable GH3 custom! Hell yeah!!

Also in doing this I learned that Akira Yamaoka produced the soundtracks for No More Heroes 2 and Shadows of the Damned. Which is a cool fact I didn't know.

He also did a lot of the music for Contra: Shattered Soldier which has a nuts OST

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Holy poo poo Vermintide is so good. I jumped into it with some pals because we've exhausted Left 4 Dead 2, and I think it's better in some ways. The characters all hate each other, and give supporting comments with a hint of shade during intense fights :allears:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macarius Wrench posted:

Can you really be called a game developer from making one mediocre walking simulator?

sean vanaman is one of the guys who wrote the walking dead season 1 which is still one of the only two modern telltale games that doesn't have any massive caveats so he has my respect

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

sean vanaman is one of the guys who wrote the walking dead season 1 which is still one of the only two modern telltale games that doesn't have any massive caveats so he has my respect

There's like twelve people to feed and only five pieces of food what is the right answer here?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There's like twelve people to feed and only five pieces of food what is the right answer here?

eat the fat man

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

i mean it's a better choice than season 2 making you choose which dinner table to eat at

i'd rather have the arbitrary choice of choosing five characters to talk to than "do you want to make your demented grandpa sad or draw the jealousy of this weird guy who wants to be your friend"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Walking Dead Season 1 and Firewatch are both cool IMO.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

eat the fat man
if i was writing walking dead season 3 I would have options in episode 1-4 to keep feeding one guy and if you got his fatness level sufficiently high you could have everyone eat him in episode 5

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the only good telltale game is law and order legacies

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

One of the coolest thing Demon's had was that one of the "bosses" just pulled other people playing online at the moment into the arena and it was a PvP battle. It rarely ever happens to you but when I last played hte game like a year ago I played as the boss for people like 5 or 6 times. Very cool encounter

This sorta happens in 2 and the DLC for 3 but it's not just you VS them, you're assisting the boss

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The White Dragon posted:

eat the fat man

I see that you also played Prey (2017)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

if i was writing walking dead season 3 I would have options in episode 1-4 to keep feeding one guy and if you got his fatness level sufficiently high you could have everyone eat him in episode 5
if i was writing walking dead season 3 id pop open a bottle of vodka while staring forlornly into the middle distance

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know what?...

Humans are the real monsters.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dragonatrix posted:

Nope. They flooded the market with too many fast sequels that did nothing but add new songs, the games burned out their own market, and it died. A few years after the death they tried to bring it back with a new rock band and a new guitar hero but both sold very poorly. Its dead.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Did that Harmonix game come out where you put cards on a thing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FauxLeather posted:

Holy poo poo Vermintide is so good. I jumped into it with some pals because we've exhausted Left 4 Dead 2, and I think it's better in some ways. The characters all hate each other, and give supporting comments with a hint of shade during intense fights :allears:

Payday 2 is even better

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The most amusing thing about the actual Walking Dead Season 3 to me is that a not insignificant portion of that game is just straight up a dating sim.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Did that Harmonix game come out where you put cards on a thing

Comes out this December I think?

I don't think it'll take off but I want it. Super fun looking party game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7yDFX_GCKo

E: November 1st

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DropMix would be perfect for the Switch.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITOi3CDb0cs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DropMix is $100 plus $15 for booster packs

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

an actual dog posted:

DropMix is $100 plus $15 for booster packs

Booster packs keep getting more and more expensive these days I tell ya.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hahaha yikes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

at least the dropmix boosters aren't blind, its like a lcg

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Is Destiny 2 actually any better than Destiny? All I see all over is people sucking the dick of Destiny and saying "If you liked Destiny 1, you'll love this~!" somehow without even acknowledging that Destiny 1 was frankensteined into a different game more and more with each successive DLC release. Is it actually good, or is everyone shills?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I see that you also played Prey (2017)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Call Me Maybe / Down with the Sickness mashup they had in the DropMix gameplay reveal was legit good, but I guess I will get all the value once YouTubers upload all the mix combinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

whos ian miles cheong he sounds like a nerd

• Locked thread