Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/519911764205776896?lang=en

You know what you must do official Sonic Twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Lol if you think the DMCA means you can send a copyright strike for someone saying a bad word while using a copyrighted material you don't own the rights to.

yeah but they own the rights sooooo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

Should I get TLG? I heard it was "meh" but I really liked Shadow of the Colossus.

Its my goty from last year the final 90 mins is incredible

You just gotta be ready for invasive tool tips and clunky control at the outset

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Unfunny Poster posted:

Should I get TLG? I heard it was "meh" but I really liked Shadow of the Colossus.

If you've got good tolerance for weird controls and trying to train a catfrogbirddog, this is your game. I'm having fun solving the obstacles with my partner and a meth dog.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

If you've got good tolerance for weird controls and trying to train a catfrogbirddog, this is your game. I'm having fun solving the obstacles with my partner and a meth dog.

I played Of Orcs & Men and really liked it. As well as Remember Me so I think I'm down with weird games.

Will add it to my list of "Games to Play" which is currently at:

Horizon Zero Dawn (50% through or so)
Nier Automata
Cuphead
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Shovel Knight: Spectre Knight's campaign

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ive heard of South park

But what in the world is cuphead

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

a.lo posted:

Ive heard of South park

It's proof that cool art does not make a good game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

Ive heard of South park

It's a platformer in the art style of 1940s Disney/Warner Bros cartoons. I haven't played it like everyone else seems to have since it's not out for another 2 weeks for us working class fellas, but it looks fun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Count me as one of the people still really disappointed Cuphead shifted away from being a boss rush game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh even the bosses didnt look that good gameplay-wise

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Legend of the loving n-word

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's a platformer in the art style of 1940s Disney/Warner Bros cartoons. I haven't played it like everyone else seems to have since it's not out for another 2 weeks for us working class fellas, but it looks fun.

it looks like absolute trash from gameplay videos, just a ton of enemy spam with no interesting platforming and tedious, repetitive bosses

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's proof that cool art does not make a good game.

well yeah i played final fantasy tactics

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I say with a gamer's regret, that cuphead is going to be a bad game

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to enjoy Cuphead and have fun with a video game as Allah intended.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm probably still gonna pick it up because the art style is strong enough to carry the whole thing for me at least.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

I'm probably still gonna pick it up because the art style is strong enough to carry the whole thing for me at least.

BUT THE PLATFORMINNNNNNNNG

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked it when it was just a boss rush thing and I don't think it needed to be more than that, but I don't mind the change that much. v:shobon:v

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Was cuphead first announced in 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just play contra. Idgi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to the cup noodle quest in FFXV. Goty

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Noctis to the guy that couldn't beat the cuphead tutorial: Off my chair, jester. The cuphead sits there

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At this point the story veers off into one of three possible timelines.

One where you choose meat, one where you choose egg and one where you choose shrimp.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they all have the same ending though where noct just gets old and fat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

speaking of retsupuraes didnt they quit doing those because weirdos would send the people being made fun of threats and stuff

If that was their reason for stopping then they sure did take their sweet-rear end time with it

Endorph posted:

even if you ignore the dumb threats you get on twitter, getting hundreds of messages about how you're worthless/should kill yourself mixed in with some racism is not nice. it is bad. it makes you feel bad. no matter how you try to say 'laugh it off' or 'ignore it,' you still have to acknowledge the fact that you are getting hundreds of those messages, which is bad.

and you say 'call the cops' like the cops actually do anything about anything like this no matter how bad it gets.

what is even your point here? 'everyone should be getting death threats?' 'being yelled at on the internet for literally nothing is extremely cool?' how does it go 'way past that?' dude just regrets giving the gamergate types more ammo to feed off of that'll probably be funneled into ruining some woman's life.

I appreciate that you're taking a stance here against online bullying but do you even understand the irony of you being the one stepping up to say that cyberbullying is bad, because fuckin hell endorph

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey games thread! The power is out and the eye of the storm is about 30 min away from my house but I still got Mario Rabbids so things are still alright! 👌🏻

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Please keep us posted Macaluso so that we know that you are alright, except in the circumstance where you would be putting yourself in danger to keep us posted.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay safe goon friend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At this point the story veers off into one of three possible timelines.

One where you choose meat, one where you choose egg and one where you choose shrimp.

I chose Shrimp

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I chose Shrimp
You chose the correct option.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

I appreciate that you're taking a stance here against online bullying but do you even understand the irony of you being the one stepping up to say that cyberbullying is bad, because fuckin hell endorph

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm right

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Hey games thread! The power is out and the eye of the storm is about 30 min away from my house but I still got Mario Rabbids so things are still alright! 👌🏻

im ready to be in the hurricane own zone

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who the gently caress is even named Irma these days, really

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

im ready to be in the hurricane own zone

aren't you already

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Who the gently caress is even named Irma these days, really
Maybe it's a time traveling hurricane from the past.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

aren't you already

im not in the direct own zone, im just own zone adjacent for the next 2 hours

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wwwwwwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wanna tell me what's so funny about being a regular target of endorph's bullying in the past and being frustrated when she tries to take the moral high ground by talking about how bullying is bad

• Locked thread