Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hey Hard, how come Ela doesn't have an operator video even though you loving made one for her and posted it everywhere before the patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
would you like me to make a video of people with lower ping than me killing me

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Wooper posted:

would you like me to make a video of people with lower ping than me killing me
Extreme example
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/62wr06/to_everyone_that_still_thinks_high_ping_isnt/

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hey Hard, how come Ela doesn't have an operator video even though you loving made one for her and posted it everywhere before the patch?

:ssh: Do you want him to remove another map to make room for it?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Starting to get to grips with being aggressive in this game and it started clicking. Loving playing Jackal as it's teaching me to really go for the throat so I'm gonna add him to my usual attackers (Twitch, Ying) and go from there.

Odd one, but what's a good key to have found for Push to Talk? I had Alt originally but that's walking pace, F was my second choice then I remembered that was gadget and stopping bleeding out, my team got to listen to me enjoy a cuppa while dying on plane.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Flipswitch posted:

Starting to get to grips with being aggressive in this game and it started clicking. Loving playing Jackal as it's teaching me to really go for the throat so I'm gonna add him to my usual attackers (Twitch, Ying) and go from there.

Odd one, but what's a good key to have found for Push to Talk? I had Alt originally but that's walking pace, F was my second choice then I remembered that was gadget and stopping bleeding out, my team got to listen to me enjoy a cuppa while dying on plane.

Mouse 4 is my standby.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Mouse 4 is my standby.
gently caress i always forget I have buttons on my mouse, cheers dude

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

Back in 2016.

Proof that Ubisoft uses this thread for Operator Ideas, so the Topic Operator is going to be in the next update.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
So is this game still a horrible, buggy, garbage filled, excrement spewing delight that I couldn't stoo playing for months when I first got it? *checks pages of posts* Excellent!

Seriously though I haven't played in several months and with games like this, I'm always afraid to jump back in. What have I missed?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hey lets play some R6 Siege today

First ranked match

Dude keeps telling everybody what to do even though he's not particularly good

"Hey dude can you please stop back seat gaming? I can't focus"

"Mute me if that's how you feel"

Awesome.

Squiggles Unite posted:

So is this game still a horrible, buggy, garbage filled, excrement spewing delight that I couldn't stoo playing for months when I first got it? *checks pages of posts* Excellent!

Seriously though I haven't played in several months and with games like this, I'm always afraid to jump back in. What have I missed?

A lot. Things seem smoother and more balanced now, although servers are acting finnicky.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

A lot. Things seem smoother and more balanced now, although servers are acting finnicky.

Sounds good to me. What Ops are good nowadays? And what sights are people liking?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

All ops are good none of the sights are good. :hehe:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I think it's a bit stupid that the alpha packs only roll on a winning game, there is no incentive to stick around in a losing game to at least see if you get a loot pack or maybe increase your chances of getting one next game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pretty sure you don't increase your chances if you drop early.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think it's a bit stupid that the alpha packs only roll on a winning game, there is no incentive to stick around in a losing game to at least see if you get a loot pack or maybe increase your chances of getting one next game.

If you don't stick around you get 0 renown and no addition to your roll bonus, it's fine. If they gave you rolls for losing that would lead to rampant afking.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
Everything is worse than before but I just have to take it. Core gameplay still awesome

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I had the craziest rubber banding last night, and it hit all of the players. You would run through a door with your op and then transport 2 seconds into the past and the room you just came out of. This was happening to every player on my team intermittently, across multiple games.

Hit reg has felt weird in these matches. Sometimes it feels like playing against someone with a really high ping but you check it and it's like 60. Not a terrible ping.

And also on more than a couple of occasions I walked into a wall and pressed myself up against it for an angle and my guy would bounce off of it over and over. Go to wall, hold W to get close, I start bouncing back and forth like the wall is a trampoline.

I would have expected a hot fix by now but whatevs. And seeing all of the gun skins have their Store photo incredibly dark with contrast turned up and then seeing them in game as like watered down cardboard versions is sad. Striking Emerald Green skin looks like boiled green-poo poo soup in game. So is buying a black uniform for your op and it's still the default uni in first person. Disappointing

Also they should just copy Overwatch wholesale for when I get a new item from an AP, give the op and the item a tasteful highlight because why not

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Please stop including the red crow/dust line whatever head gears in the drop list, it's just insult to injury then since they're already cheap and awful looking.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Back in office from vacation this morning. Let's get to work.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Please stop including the red crow/dust line whatever head gears in the drop list, it's just insult to injury then since they're already cheap and awful looking.

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could just outright disqualify some items from the list because gently caress that:

http://i.imgur.com/7u1S3CB.mp4
Never went from :haw: to :saddowns: so quickly.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Pulse needs a white uniform

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CJ posted:

If you don't stick around you get 0 renown and no addition to your roll bonus, it's fine. If they gave you rolls for losing that would lead to rampant afking.

This doesn't seem to be a good deterrent. Every game I played last night had at least one person rage quit as soon as the first round was lost.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Once you get out of copper people tend to leave less

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could just outright disqualify some items from the list because gently caress that:

http://i.imgur.com/7u1S3CB.mp4
Never went from :haw: to :saddowns: so quickly.

What the hell dude that's a sick skin

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Duggler posted:

My favorite thing is entering a match, finally getting a fifth Discord player, winning a round, abandoning our pubbie to the tune of calling the opposing team hackers.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Started playing again thanks to the new operators, managed to kill someone as Lesion by taunting them into chasing me through all of my caltrop mines until they died from the poison. I'm also thankful for all the bad players returning, allowing me to do dumb poo poo like getting an ace as a roaming Rook while being tracked by Jackal.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Great Beer posted:

This doesn't seem to be a good deterrent. Every game I played last night had at least one person rage quit as soon as the first round was lost.

The solution is probably Overwatch's. If you leave a large percentage of games you stop getting renown and packs for a while. Of course this could have the opposite effect, if people think they have nothing to lose they might troll more. Ubisoft doesn't seem willing to actively moderate players like Blizzard so i don't know what the solution is.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Duggler posted:

This is in casual. Ranked is too stressful for me with the reduced timer. And people get mad when you try to revolver gimmick or play Cav.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Psst, if you STILL have someone who doesn't play Siege on your friend list (crazy i know), the game is on sale on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege
The price varies if you have the Monthly Sub or you don't, but for me with the additional 10% it's 21,59 euros.
Valid 3 days from this post.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is that an Uplay only key right? I kind of want to wait for a Steam sale (I know it uses uplay regardless).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Kikas posted:

What the hell dude that's a sick skin

Pulse almost always looks like a massive dweeb, but with that skin he looks like an edgy teenager cosplaying at the local airsoft range. :colbert:

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017
WEU server seems very unstable today? I keep getting these random disconnects, and people in the in-game chat seem to corroborate this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Pulse almost always looks like a massive dweeb, but with that skin he looks like an edgy teenager cosplaying at the local airsoft range. :colbert:

I too long for a "Pulse looking exactly like his character portrait" skin, but I'd wear that. In my mind I immideatly put him on the Hereford with that bandan, so maybe you're onto it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Great Beer posted:

This is in casual. Ranked is too stressful for me with the reduced timer. And people get mad when you try to revolver gimmick or play Cav.

Really? If you're on PC jump in discord and do whatever random stuff you want (as long as you can aim and don't slow play until the last 5 seconds every game)

Casual is ranked and ranked is casual

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kikas posted:

I too long for a "Pulse looking exactly like his character portrait" skin, but I'd wear that. In my mind I immideatly put him on the Hereford with that bandan, so maybe you're onto it.

It kills me how different some of the character models are from their concept art. Pulse's concept looks SO much better, wtf.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'd like to know what jerk swapped my equipment out for paintball guns before I went into the field. It's getting ridiculous.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRr8GRgOGAc

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys I played a Ranked match on Border where in the second round, the entire enemy team ran outside and gunned us down in our spawn.

We won

Hahahahahahahahaha, the loving sigh at the end kills me

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard are you guys aware of the random server freezes that keep happening in game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

keyframe posted:

Hard are you guys aware of the random server freezes that keep happening in game?

It's pretty bad, multiple second hard locks

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/19/rainbow-6-siege-update-ps4-hibana-issues/amp/

• Locked thread