Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

lmao

world's dumbest mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

anime, like star citizen, is good

Indeed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that thing looks so retarded I bet it owns a javelin

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Bensday with Batgirl: Episode 80

"Published on Sep 8, 2017
Batgirl and Ben return this week for another Bensday with Batgirl and Ben.This week the 600i controversy is addressed as well as the potential game changer that will be introduced at some point in v3.0."[/b]

I expect absolutely nothing of import will be discussed. Unless the "game changer" is the introduction of something truly radical -- like Star Citizen's first enjoyable game loop -- then it's just going to be more of the same bullcrap...

EDIT: I spoke too soon. They address the 600i Q&A controversy and Ben spends a good bit of the first five minutes explaining why it's a fairly-priced ship with prestige / luxury elements that didn't really get its proper due in the Q&A. In listening to it, the clear subtext is that CIG had higher hopes for the sales / backer response, and The Master of Spaceships is here to redeem its reputation.

BEN: "It's more than 'this is just a fancy ship'... it's 'oh, NPCs think this is a fancy ship!' And 'oh, there's other areas of the world open to you because you drive THIS car instead of this car!'"

Yeah Ben, the "velvet rope" experience of more Star Citizen: Prestige Edition crap is definitely worth the money. It was worth the $10,000 that Million Mile High Club customers spent, given the incredibly luxurious appointments you guys put in to your "members only", polished wood space bar with the wall-to-wall fish tanks and the bartender forever polishing the countertops. Surely the $400 spent for 600i will offer similarly indulgent luxuries and gameplay experiences.

Surely.

I just hope backers can appreciate that content will be locked off to them because they didn't buy the right ship.

The storyline of SC isn't even more than a few poo poo fetch quests, but it's already behind a paywall of premium ships. :allears:

All they had to do was remaster Freelancer with a new coat of paint. SC could have been released probably a year or two ago and today they'd be working on SC 2: The Freelancering.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

that thing looks so retarded I bet it owns a javelin

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Harbinger73 posted:

Just an ELE theory I posted on Discord:

1. CIG set up a new shell company and transfer the last of the backer funds to it.
  2. CIG declare bankruptcy, the entire development team is laid off and all the current backers are screwed as they end up in the back of any queue for any money that comes from liquidation of unclaimed assets.
  3. Coutts swoops in to claim the IP/Assets they got in the loan deal and set about to hold a public auction to sell them off to the highest bidder.
  4. CIGs new shell company attempts to buy them up with the money they embessled in the dying days.
  5. CIGs new shell company (with Chris Roberts as a silent partner in hiding) announces they're going to bring the game to release but they will be unable to honour anywhere close to CIG's ridiculous list of promises and they definitely won't be able to give everyone who's already paid a copy of the game for free, they will instead offer it at a reduced rate for all backers who lost money.
  6. Profit

I like this, except that there's too much video game in it. I can't help but shake the urge that CR is going to buy all the assets at cost and just open up some kind of visual effect company that also handles motion capture in Hollywood.

The only thing he cares about the game now is why it isn't already built, because he already gave everybody all his great ideas and the graphics are awesome. Programming department just can't keep up because they suck.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Flawless victory.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I've lurked this thread for 2158 pages. I'm coming forward to say that anime is bad and Star Citizen is bad.

Hail Satan Derek Smart.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

boviscopophobic posted:

I thought somebody at CIG recently dismissed toilets as "RP fluff", but apparently there will actually be a bathroom game mechanic?

Confirmed in ATV, pooping mechanic is on the way

I don't understand how people feel this is going to enrich the game any and I hope they get what they want. I hope making GBS threads and pissing is on a meter so during the terrible cutscenes your guy will just start peeing and fecal matter will be flying everywhere during the requisite Pusher love scene.

If anything makes it into 3.0 I hope it is this mechanic.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
They want to justify wasting time making bathrooms. I'll be honest and admit it: I wondered why the hell certain craft, like the Vanguard, had bathrooms and shower units back when 2.0 came out. Mostly I was wondering since it seems like a waste of time to design it, almost as if it was just filler. I was actually thinking about this stuff three weeks ago or so. I just didn't want to say anything when people actually started streaming about it since it seemed really loving stupid.

The whole bathroom \ shower \ hygiene mechanics are dumb and more annoying than anything in any game. It could be funny as a one-off kind of deal in a old school CRPG like Fallout or whatever, but in a game where its going to be a constant reoccurring theme just makes it annoying.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So I've been playing the new mass effect game while I'm waiting for Star Citizen to save console gaming.

I've enjoyed mass effect, but for some reason in this one I find myself:

1: Skipping all dialog constantly until all the talk options are greyed out signaling I'm done.

2: Not talking to characters because I don't want another poo poo tier side quest to burden me down with something stupid and pointless.

3: Have no idea what the point of research and crafting is when I seem to have guns and junk I find better than stuff I can craft.

4: Literally no idea how to do crafting and know what's better than another thing.

5: Not even sure what the story line is anymore with Aliens and whatever and just kind of blah.

6: Super happy when I run into alien marines in an alien world and everything looks like Mass Effect buildings complete with English bar codes and all the aliens are using N7 weapons in cutscenes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Is this drawing supposed to have Apert Syndrome? Because it has Apert Syndrome.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

nice

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Harassing some kid who just left his job is peak loving comedy. I'm glad I was here to witness this.

Agreed. Just leave the poor dude alone.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

The Titanic posted:

So I've been playing the new mass effect game while I'm waiting for Star Citizen to save console gaming.

1: Skipping all dialog constantly until all the talk options are greyed out signaling I'm done.

2: Not talking to characters because I don't want another poo poo tier side quest to burden me down with something stupid and pointless.

3: Have no idea what the point of research and crafting is when I seem to have guns and junk I find better than stuff I can craft.

4: Literally no idea how to do crafting and know what's better than another thing.

5: Not even sure what the story line is anymore with Aliens and whatever and just kind of blah.

6: Super happy when I run into alien marines in an alien world and everything looks like Mass Effect buildings complete with English bar codes and all the aliens are using N7 weapons in cutscenes.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is a mess. The only good things about it are Drax and Vetra. It has some other nice stuff, but for the most part, eh. I would go so far as to even say ME:A is probably non-canon since I really doubt there will be a sequel.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

I played around 10 or so hours of it and just dropped it.

Go play Nier, its a much much better game. There''s a nifty realistic space station in that game with realistic gravity generation that doesn't require gravity goo.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Fangrim posted:

You can't in E:D. I've tried.

While it's true, that you can travel in any direction for an infinite time, when you finally get to another system without using hyperspace, there won't be anything there. You're at the right spot, but no sun(s) or planets will exist.

You can then do a hyperjump of 0 ly, and *poof* all orbital bodies will appear.

Edit: Beaten :shrug:

You're confusing travelling system-to-system, with the travelling in-system from planet/station to planet/station that is being discussed. The latter is possible in E:D, KSP, etc. and even Star Citizen assuming it doesn't crash.

Getting an SRV from planet to orbiting Station
From Port Ollisar to Comm Array 126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7E0DEp5yI

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

20 second "yeah just arrived after a 19 hour flight" video is not enough to convince me at this point. I look forward to the result of WTFo's test.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

/r/StarCitizen receives so much interesting posts and discussions, that the thread about "Jr DevOps guy's rebuttals to Derek Smart's harassment" is still 6th most popular, 28 hours after it was posted.

TL;DR of 435 comments so far:
  • Derek is bad
  • I think Derek is more bad than you think he is
  • Well, I think Derek is even more badderer than you think he is
  • If Derek and harm happened to coincide I won't be troubled
  • Someone should sue Derek
  • CIG should sue Derek
  • Derek wants to be sued
  • Jr DevOps guy is good
  • Jr DevOps guy is brave for rebutting Derek
  • Derek is irrelevant
  • Derek is relevant
  • Goons are irrelevant
  • Goons are relevant
  • Goon fear
  • We're not terrified, honest

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gonna run all those people over with that car. Constantly and never stop. I'll fill up the chat with lolololol because I'll be having so much fun!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

Gonna run all those people over with that car. Constantly and never stop. I'll fill up the chat with lolololol because I'll be having so much fun!

They'll just deploy a ramp to stop you

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

*sees a few hundred posts in this thread*

Hmm, something interesting must have come up last night, maybe a new discovery was made or-

*Anime posts*

:yikes:

Also I would love to see CIG try to offload its IP rights to the new shell company, mainly because if it tried that Coutts would immediately block the move, given that CIG can't dispose of their IP rights without their prior consent.

p.s. Misato is best lesbian waifu

I'm not Legal but I'm not sure I understand the rights thing, unless since they already sold everything to Coutts making new stuff at the same company might be seen as "more of the same?"

So is it possible that CR thinks he is some sort of theatrical visionary and thinks his WW2 in space stuff is the epitome of originality; so he made this offshoot company to store his "wicked cool ideas" to keep them from being owned by the bank?

This is the equivalent of some 12 year old kid with a school notebook full of stick figure art and maps for ideas he had seriously going to a bank and buying a lockbox and armed guard to keep his notes so nobody steals them.

But I've never assumed CR was anything short of hugely egotistical, so this sort of fits him. He still is under the foolish thought that his "ideas" are worth something to anybody because clearly nobody has ever thought of WW2 in space or stuff like that.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

A junior programmer left CIG. There's no way they can survive this.

He may have been the junior programmer who knew how to use those object things and was tasked with layering in the code over these great ideas.

It may be the end of CIG now.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason it looks like technology hasn't advanced since the 80s is because Crobberts is trying his damndest to rip off the look of LV-426 from Aliens.

You're right! And to think I even called him ripping off aliens in my July blog and didn't notice the ironic similarity.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Alright well with the power and internet out and it sounding like my tree is coming down soon there's not much else to do. I'm going dark to save battery. Godspeed commandos.

I hope you come out as unscathed as possible, friend! :ohdear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

smg77 posted:

I've lurked this thread for 2158 pages. I'm coming forward to say that anime is bad and Star Citizen is bad.

Hail Satan Derek Smart.

Glad to see you post, friend. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

They'll just deploy a ramp to stop you

But the only thing that can stop the lolololol in chat would be CR getting people to fix the chat. It's only been 3 years I think since he determined the chat needed fixing and was terrible. Maybe next decade we'll see it fixed.

The problem with the chat though, honesty, is that it can't be motion captured or animated as a cutscene. This reduces its chances of getting fixed to near zero. :(

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

The problem with the chat though, honesty, is that it can't be motion captured or animated as a cutscene. This reduces its chances of getting fixed to near zero. :(

CRoberts would probably want everyone to chat using scripts that he wrote.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
"Derek Smart has been harmed."

"I am glad of it."

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

Quavers posted:

You're confusing travelling system-to-system, with the travelling in-system from planet/station to planet/station that is being discussed. The latter is possible in E:D, KSP, etc. and even Star Citizen assuming it doesn't crash.

Getting an SRV from planet to orbiting Station
From Port Ollisar to Comm Array 126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7E0DEp5yI

Ah yes - I was talking about Star-Star travel.

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017
do yall actually talk about anything in here because it's been like ten pages of white noise since i got quote tweeted

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

tuxedomarx posted:

do yall actually talk about anything in here because it's been like ten pages of white noise since i got quote tweeted

Welcome friend! How much are you in for commando?

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

Quavers posted:

Welcome friend! How much are you in for commando?

I don't play MMOs, I never had a reason to back

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tuxedomarx posted:

and now, we rub.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
crub rubberts

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

tuxedomarx posted:

which digimon is your favorite mine is agumon digimon are better than pokemon because digimon can actually talk i mean pika pika smh what does that even mean?????

tuxedomarx
Sep 10, 2017

StarbloodKiss posted:

which digimon is your favorite mine is agumon digimon are better than pokemon because digimon can actually talk i mean pika pika smh what does that even mean?????

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Piedmon

gotta have them swords

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

MilesK posted:

quote:

...We’re putting tech in place that will allow an NPC to navigate a useable set piece and perform a variety of actions like grabbing a useable prop, setting other useable props onto it, walking away with the prop, going to and interacting with another useable set piece, then getting up and navigating to a third useable set piece to dispose of the useable prop with all the useable props on it...

My God! They're modeling individual peas on a plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

I don't understand how people feel this is going to enrich the game any and I hope they get what they want. I hope making GBS threads and pissing is on a meter so during the terrible cutscenes your guy will just start peeing and fecal matter will be flying everywhere during the requisite Pusher love scene.

If anything makes it into 3.0 I hope it is this mechanic.

I can't wait until they add poop mechanics to the jank salad and spacemen start pooping at all the wrong times in all the right ways