Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

420 lift weights and gain 25 pounds

here's hoping for another 15 lb by April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

LingcodKilla posted:

What other suits do you have buried in your closet?

Fhqwhgads posted:

If you have to do black tie but don't want to get a tux you can get away with a black suit. I have a black tie wedding coming up next weekend and I'm finishing up the pieces of my tux now.

I have a tuxedo too.

Essentially over the last 7 years or so I've been working career wise to actually get a job worth having.

7 years ago I was in a call centre in customer service earning just above minimum wage. 18 months later I was working in the head office still on poo poo money but better than before. 2 and a half years after that I moved to London, having got a big boost in salary but needing to take a loan to move down and spending a lot of the new salary on rent. Skip forward another 3 years to now and I actually have a job paying a really good salary.

The long and short of this has been not only have I put on weight which I only really now have the time and money to start seriously addressing it, but it also means I could only really afford cheap suits. As a result I have quite a lot of suits, but also gone through quite a lot. The black and navy suits I just bought fit me better now, but the aim is to basically need to buy some more in 6 months because I will have lost weight. In total I think I have two navy suits, a black suit, a tuxedo, and a grey suit which mostly fit me right now.

However they do say you need to dress for the job you want, not for the job you have, so maybe I need something a bit more flash, like this:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

would you be able to come to my house to open jars

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

cash crab posted:

would you be able to come to my house to open jars

Your not a jarhead.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I implore you to breathe next time you lift weights, before you have an aneurysm. Nice lift though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

LingcodKilla posted:

Your not a jarhead.

C'mon, man. Grammar.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

LingcodKilla posted:

Your not a jarhead.

no, that's why i need help

also:

my hair is slightly longer now! Also, new glasses. I look like an rear end in a top hat but I can see everything now

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Sep 8, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

also:

my hair is slightly longer now! Also, new glasses. I look like an rear end in a top hat but I can see everything now

Cool, cool, glasses, glasses.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Sep 8, 2018

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

cash crab posted:

also:

Babe. Glasses don't make you look like an rear end in a top hat at all - they're a good frame on you!

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Sep 8, 2018

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Desmodus rotundus posted:

Babe. Glasses don't make you look like an rear end in a top hat at all - they're a good frame on you!

irl, they are quite overwhelming, but thank you. I can't stand being able to see my frames, so these work well for me.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

:420:

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

I haven't lifted without weed since I started in October.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Has anyone heard from Sweet as Sin lately? :ohdear:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is she in the hurricane zone?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Heath posted:

Is she in the hurricane zone?

I thought she was in the Mexico earthquake zone, actually.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I hope that all goons are currently safe! <3

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

I hope that all goons are currently safe! <3

Back to the old name eh?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Back to the old name eh?

Yep!

Oh god, I went out in the sunlight and it made me camera shy!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teagan posted:

Yep!

That bowheadband is so cute! (Sorry, literal translation from Hebrew is apparently wrong!)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

Yep!

Who's the stud?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

That is my *american* bf that I convinced to do wholesome country things with me, like trespass and eat maplesyrup pie that we picked up at a bakery at an orchard in the mountains. Mostly trespassing though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LingcodKilla posted:

Who's the stud?

Thats Teagan

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Thats Teagan

No sorry that's obviously my bud.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Thats Teagan

You butt.

:glomp:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

More like oldbuttless

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Teagan posted:

That is my *american* bf that I convinced to do wholesome country things with me, like trespass and eat maplesyrup pie that we picked up at a bakery at an orchard in the mountains. Mostly trespassing though.

Your boyfriend might be the only guy ever to both "have a girlfriend in Canada" and actually have a girlfriend in Canada.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

I fixed the hot mess that was my hair, but I seem to have only gained strength in my resting bitch face.

Awesome.

Makeover Tuesday?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's my husband's birthday today, so of course Facebook urged me to share a video featuring a picture of us together.

we had front row seats to Evil Dead: The Musical

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

geez, i hope they warned you about being in the splash zone like they do at aquariums

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Picnic Princess posted:

It's my husband's birthday today, so of course Facebook urged me to share a video featuring a picture of us together.

Hell yeah, the splash zone seats are the only sears worth getting
Did they dump buckets of blood on you at the end of the show?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I was a lad I went to see the Great Circus of Moscow perform and we got front row seats. There were a lot of horse acts but, luckily, most of the horse turds they kicked about while doing all sorts of acrobatics were launched at such speeds they landed in the rows behind us :mmmhmm:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Munchables posted:

Hell yeah, the splash zone seats are the only sears worth getting
Did they dump buckets of blood on you at the end of the show?

Not enough to get thoroughly drenched, this was us walking home. Got quite a few gawks and stares from people who didn't know what was up.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teagan posted:

I fixed the hot mess that was my hair, but I seem to have only gained strength in my resting bitch face.

Awesome.

Makeover Tuesday?

More like resting awesome face! :swoon:

Picnic Princess posted:

Hey, I watched that when it revived in Toronto a few years ago. Was fun even though I'd never watched any Evil Dead before!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Alright, hiya peeps! I found a spot for Helios on a farm and it's awesome.

We live in a beefalo pasture, adjacent to bee boxes and within walking distance to a creek.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Just had my holy-cow-in-one-week-I'll-be-in-Germany-I-can't-believe-it haircut. Also it was an awesome day, with dark grey clouds and the smell of petrichor throughout the town.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Scathach posted:

We live in a beefalo pasture, adjacent to bee boxes and within walking distance to a creek.

Wow! that is an attractive bus! And it is good to see your face!! Are you going to be warm enough this Winter?

Nice haircut and smile, FreshFeesh.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FreshFeesh posted:

Just had my holy-cow-in-one-week-I'll-be-in-Germany-I-can't-believe-it haircut. Also it was an awesome day, with dark grey clouds and the smell of petrichor throughout the town.

FreshHair

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

You look extremely happy! Great job, be a good steward!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We'll take very good care of the bees and beefs and the beaver dams, promise. I think we'll be okay for winter, we're going to install a wood stove and do the Russian rugs-on-the-walls sort of thing so it shouldn't be too bad.

Now that I have a bit more time I can post cool stuff with the rest of you as an excuse to sit around and chat :)

E: bonus picture of the fiance with the log throne from a tree he chopped.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

FreshFeesh posted:

Snap lots of snaps please!!!