Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Jug ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Its clear from the pasta incident that not doing any actual work and then taking credit is something worthy of being lauded in the SFP-verse

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Crimpolioni posted:

Ugh, that's just depressing. Anyway, as per the most recent comic, are we now pretending that the illuminati would give two shits about Alisons uber service? I might be reading it wrong, but if that was the point it's literally the dumbest this comic has gotten yet.

You would be correct. It is time to embrace the bad writing and let it flow over you . Alisons uber service is very disruptive... cause... it is! etc etc

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Crimpolioni posted:

Ugh, that's just depressing. Anyway, as per the most recent comic, are we now pretending that the illuminati would give two shits about Alisons uber service? I might be reading it wrong, but if that was the point it's literally the dumbest this comic has gotten yet.

I think Alison was just answering Feral's question about why she isn't directly involved in the conspiracy hunt. I don't thing Valkyrie actually figures in to her 'make a big change so I become a target', but Feral brought it up. Alison is a real dumbass, but not even she could think even 100% ending domestic violence would be enough of a world changing event to get them to care about her.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I still think it's kind of ridiculous that she's apparently taking this "former" supervillian at his word that there's "Bad people out there somewhere. Trust me on this and don't arrest me. So I can find them" and now she's confirmed to the audience that she hasn't even bothered to check anything he's said at all for fear of alerting them!

Galvanik fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 8, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ashweh posted:

I know the last page touched on the plot again but it bugs me when Alison goes into her mini speeches in a conversation with one other person. Isn't there a way to script a more natural dialog, that would still get the point across? There's so much blah blah blah coming from her and Feral is barely participating.
it's a bit sad, it was written by a screenwriter so he really should know better

successful kickstarters are some monkey's paw bullshit tbh

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Piell posted:

As you can see, the infection began in Issue 6.

Her hair is even gaining a Clevin-like lift

Cripes

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Piell posted:

As you can see, the infection began in Issue 6.

Her hair is even gaining a Clevin-like lift

:eyepop: It's like she's regressing into a literal child.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Axe-man posted:

Wow those first two pictures look like a comic I might want to read! :v:

It did, so I read it. Now it doesn't, so I don't.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Fitting that she even has a terrible DreamWorks face in that last image.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

ashweh posted:

I know the last page touched on the plot again but it bugs me when Alison goes into her mini speeches in a conversation with one other person. Isn't there a way to script a more natural dialog, that would still get the point across? There's so much blah blah blah coming from her and Feral is barely participating.

I guess the alternative with this comic is 50 pages of two characters monologuing at each other. A great use of the visual medium known as comics.

Alison's speech isn't to Feral, it's to the readers. Feral only acts as a temporary audience surrogate to ask a very obvious question.

Atmus posted:

I think Alison was just answering Feral's question about why she isn't directly involved in the conspiracy hunt. I don't thing Valkyrie actually figures in to her 'make a big change so I become a target', but Feral brought it up. Alison is a real dumbass, but not even she could think even 100% ending domestic violence would be enough of a world changing event to get them to care about her.

"If the conspiracy was going after heroes that could change the world, I thought that changing the world would be the best thing to make them come after me." Alison actually does think that her app is going to change the face of the earth, equivalent to "rewriting the future".

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
ahaha god you are right she thinks her poo poo app will do anything at all other than i guess be uber for abused women.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

pospysyl posted:

Alison's speech isn't to Feral, it's to the readers. Feral only acts as a temporary audience surrogate to ask a very obvious question.

Exactly. This speech is directly from the author to the readers who have been asking why the plot disappeared for a couple years.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

the old ceremony posted:

it's a bit sad, it was written by a screenwriter so he really should know better

successful kickstarters are some monkey's paw bullshit tbh

money well spent imo

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
what the gently caress, that's per annum? i have a four-year graphic design degree from one of the top 5 universities in australia and it only cost me ~45k altogether :catstare: i know american tertiary education is hosed but it still manages to take me by surprise

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

it's depressing how two people can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on an elite liberal arts education and after years of experience writing/illustrating this page represents the standard of their work thus far.

edit: to the artist's credit, her work load this year has been enormous

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 9, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i can't even read the last panel because of all the background detail

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I love the terrible use of colours to signify movement. Panel 3 looks like it's still outside.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Wait, is it snowing outside?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Galvanik posted:

I still think it's kind of ridiculous that she's apparently taking this "former" supervillian at his word that there's "Bad people out there somewhere. Trust me on this and don't arrest me. So I can find them" and now she's confirmed to the audience that she hasn't even bothered to check anything he's said at all for fear of alerting them!

He had files! They were stamped with CLOSED!

..... how did he even get those files without giving away that he knew about the conspiracy, and why hasn't he turned up anything of substance since then?

Flesh Forge posted:

Wait, is it snowing outside?

those little white spots are supposed to be stars

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the old ceremony posted:

what the gently caress, that's per annum? i have a four-year graphic design degree from one of the top 5 universities in australia and it only cost me ~45k altogether :catstare: i know american tertiary education is hosed but it still manages to take me by surprise

that's close to law school grade tuition, there's a lot of american colleges oriented around art and videogames and other things that sound like an easy career in loving around with your hobby to retarded 17-year-olds that exist solely to separate fools from their money

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 9, 2017

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
A superhero helpline is going to reshape the world lmao

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I have a new idea. I am going to start an organization, all about helping people and providing medical care to locations in crisis. We would be like the people who went wherever people needed medical care for the good of all humanity. This will completely disrupt the jews- illuminatii- shadow government plans! Now, for a name. This is hard, if there was only something catchy for doctors who will help people across any border. What on earth would I call this revolutionary idea that will of course have a smart phone app for the people in africa to request help as one of its functions.

Oh wait. Doing that would be more than what Alison did, so lets just make an app for people in one city to get medical attention if they can't remember 911. ACES!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Also, I guess Alison forgot that she's not doing this alone and has made all her friends potential targets to a shadowy organization with tremendous reach and that has no qualms killing children

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

one of the few concrete good things she's done

i mean you've seen her friends right

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
For real here, Patrick joining the FBI and using his subtle genius and mind reading skills to solve every major crime would do more good than uncovering this conspiracy of child-killers. Maybe he'd even draw this secret Illuminati out the way Alison thinks her escape-domestic-violence-app will?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's thoroughly inconceivable that Patrick could have gone this long without running into anyone who knew anything about the conspiracy. Either the conspiracy isn't real, or Patrick is part of it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's not really any suspense about it because this comic is entirely the wrong kind of retarded for the ills of the world to be traceable back to some shadowy ZOG conspiracy of all-powerful masters. The whole reason a bunch of people ITT bizarrely decided it was going to somehow be good and insightful to begin with is that it launched with the express mission statement of bumbling around the vicinity of "life is, like, complicated, you know?", certitude and a clearly defined enemy are not going to be forthcoming.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe they've delayed because they realized that attacking an establishment cabal would mean attacking people like Obama or Hillary Clinton.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

all will be forgiven if the strong female protagonist performs a daring one-woman raid on the Alfalfa Club

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's get back to the time travel theory, it'd make sense there's no evidence of a conspiracy if it's being done by people from the future going back in time to kill the Hitlers of their age before they gain power. That would be giving the author too much credit though.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yes, but how does Clevin's pasta he cooked for Alison fit into these theories. :thunk:

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Let's get back to the time travel theory, it'd make sense there's no evidence of a conspiracy if it's being done by people from the future going back in time to kill the Hitlers of their age before they gain power. That would be giving the author too much credit though.

I wonder if the untraceable conspiracy that rules the world has anything to do with the powerful psychic who seems to be the only person who knows about them or their victims, wants to build a time machine, and who wants to rule the world.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Axe-man posted:

Yes, but how does Clevin's pasta he cooked for Alison fit into these theories. :thunk:

Pasta is an Italian dish. Much like pizza. Pizzagate is real!!!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who What Now posted:

Pasta is an Italian dish. Much like pizza. Pizzagate is real!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJZzGJ9SYzA

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cool he's breaking clevin's brain

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Clevin will destroy him.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

This speech kind of reminded me of Rorschach's speech to the prison psychologist, which didn't do SFP any favors.

Even without the comparison, this is hardly the kind of soul shattering insight I was hoping for. "You lie to yourself to make the world seem bearable. And you're not smart either." I mean, it's not implausible or anything. But it is the sort of thing you could say to literally anyone and have it be just as relevant. We've learned nothing interesting about Clevin's fears other than he's got the same ones every other human being has. I was wanted a deeper insight into his character, what I got was just more bland tepid Clevin.

Complaints aside I do really like Patrick messing with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Clevin throws some hot pasta on him

• Locked thread