Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Nice Glaive!

I, for one, met a Man From the Internet this week (JackMack) and played a game against him. 2k pts, Imperial Fists/Salamanders shattered legion vs a Cult Horde + Demons mashup (with some dreadnoughts to pad the points).

The game was Dominion. Highlights include a Keeper of Secrets managing to blow off its own head with a perils while in combat with a dreadnought, cult hordes dragging pyroclasts to their death in a mad frenzy, and Terminators beating up a man from a Metallica album. JackMacks dudes were eclectic and well painted, and it was a solid draw (as all best games are).

Some pictures:

(zombie missile loaders!)

(demon prince, got shot up turn one unfortunately)

Finally, a miniature accurately representing the soul of Goons

The Bloodthirster Brave Sir Robin (who ran away)

Some hot Ogryn-on-Marine action

The Man from the Metallica Album

Not enough flamers in the world to fight that many cultists...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oooh, I was at this.

I am not sure if Lord T is trolling or just wasn't paying attention when I paused the game mid dice rolls to show him the Caught Somewhere in Time album cover... "He's wearing electric underpants and has no skin".

After painting my models for the best part of two years this is the first game of 30K I have actually played and it didn't disappoint. Lord T is a gent in both letting me fill in the gaps with daemons and dreads and then, knowing what I was bringing, bringing an armour-lite list. My worry with the cult militia list was that the tactics boil down to me lining them up and walking them forwards but in this case there was a tense standoff. The marines were wary of the destructive power of the daemons, I was worried about all the flamer templates that could be put out.

Was good to charge the horde up against such a pretty bunch of marines. Inevitably my most recently painted model died in the first turn, shot to pieces by an extremely pretty deredeo which sat smugly in the back corner for the whole came.

Was a fun way to spend a beautifully sunny Bank Holiday in the greatest capital in the world; under a railway bridge playing toy soldiers with another grown man.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I could try to claim masterful trolling, but I will confess my knowledge of old school rock/metal is so poor I thought it was Metallica rather than Iron Maiden

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

Very cool. Follow-up Q, because I"m planning to replicate this: Where's his replacement hand from?

No problemo. The hand is from the runestalker kit. You can grab them as bits pretty cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-4...qEAAOSw-0xYkosL

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 29, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Does varnishing after an oil wash gently caress up the whole effect?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

Does varnishing after an oil wash gently caress up the whole effect?

Not at all. The only thing varnish fucks with are weathering powders.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

No problemo. The hand is from the runestalker kit. You can grab them as bits pretty cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-4...qEAAOSw-0xYkosL

Thanks! I'm going to try to use the daemon prince axe, and a friend has those hands so I can snag one from him.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting ready to put together some Talons of the Emperor and saw the new Prosecutors ForgeWorld put up with the silver armor with blue cloth. I really dig that scheme and was thinking of doing that, instead of the normal gold/bronze with red.

I've been trying to find some alternate schemes for them, but does anyone know if they have specific orders like the SoB do? I'd like to keep them fluffy, but I'm having a hard time finding any info.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
15 marines and 2 malcadors (and a shitload of basing) away from 3k points of painted iron dorks!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Inspiring to get my IW force done, nice work.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Warhammer 30k: Hope you like anthologies

Angron is in progress, but I've managed to lose his nose.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 3, 2017

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Other than fixing his nose, I'm calling this one :toxx: complete.

I might lighten up his skin a bit. I might add a highlight or two later on. I'm pretty intimidated by painting characters, so I'm happy with where this guy ended up. My World Eaters are dirty and brutal looking, not clean like my 40k Thousand Sons and I wanted that to carry over onto their Primarch.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

GreenMarine posted:

Other than fixing his nose, I'm calling this one :toxx: complete.

I might lighten up his skin a bit. I might add a highlight or two later on. I'm pretty intimidated by painting characters, so I'm happy with where this guy ended up. My World Eaters are dirty and brutal looking, not clean like my 40k Thousand Sons and I wanted that to carry over onto their Primarch.

A fine Primarch. My TOXX Angron is coming along, but your looks good. The dead guy on the base is so good too. I an just half assing mine, but seeing this makes me want to push it farther.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Invictarus Suzerain Squad [230pts]: 5x Invictarus Suzerains, 2x Plasma Pistol

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [220pts]: Veteran Tactics: Marksmen . Legion Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Legion Vexilla . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web . Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web

+ HQ +

Delegatus [120pts]: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, None, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field . Consul: Delegatus . Power Weapon: Upgrade Power weapon to:

Moritat [120pts]: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, None, Volkite Serpenta, Volkite Serpenta . Consul: Moritat

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [135pts]: 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines . Additional Wargear: Bolters . Legion Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolter

Legion Tactical Support Squad Plasma Gun [175pts]: 4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma gun . Legion Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Plasma Gun

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XIII: Ultramarines, Loyalist

++ Total: [1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

My basic ZM list. I will need to pick up the Moritat, and maybe I'll swap Suzerains for Breachers. Suzerains just look so stupid-cool though.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

15 marines and 2 malcadors (and a shitload of basing) away from 3k points of painted iron dorks!

You found demolisher cannons for the Malcadors, good choice!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Nothing in the OP so I'll ask here: Anyone have any word on when/if 30k will get ported to 8E?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Schadenboner posted:

Nothing in the OP so I'll ask here: Anyone have any word on when/if 30k will get ported to 8E?

Nope, no news yet. It's going to be at least a year or upwards.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Nope, no news yet. It's going to be at least a year or upwards.

Fuckity-poo poo. Is this down to that one dude dying or is it just ForgeWorld being ForgeWorld?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They're putting out a Heresy core rulebook which will basically be 7.5 from all indications. I wouldn't expect an 8e version for quite a while.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
and thank gently caress for that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

Fuckity-poo poo. Is this down to that one dude dying or is it just ForgeWorld being ForgeWorld?

It's an open question if it's because of that or because they intentionally want two separate games. What we know for sure is that 30k is it's own game now with a straight up "Heresy Rulebook" without any edition tied to it. We assume it will cherry pick some stuff from 8th and port some of 7th, which they talked about during the weekender. It's sort of what happened last time, except now we're no longer tied to GW's 40k.

Some people hate this, other people love it. 30k was always more balanced than 40k tho, so it's less apocalyptic that we will use less streamlined rules.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The bigger question is if/when they are even going to address current issues with the game in any sort of timely matter. The over-efficiency of veterans, good chunks of inferno are not in line with everything else. Hell they even have a character with wargear and abilities that only function when attached to a unit, but doesn't have the IC special rule.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Inferno is a great book that was well worth waiting through multiple years of delay. Furthermore, £80 is a completely reasonable price for such a high quality, well proof read and edited tome.

This isn't the poorhammer thread. :shrug:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When did FW comment on the new book at all? My understanding was that it was just going to be the 7th edition ruleset with some editing tweaks. 30k-only special rules included in the book, irrelevant ones tossed out, that sort of thing. Maybe even incorporating the FAQs. It won't be adding anything from 8th and things will basically stay the way they are. It's a stopgap, not an evolution of the system. It is not 7.5 and anyone looking for that is going to be disappointed.

I'd love to see any kind of word on the matter from FW, but I haven't been able to dig anything up. I'd also love to be wrong about the above paragraph.

Ultimately, I would like to see 30k move to a more complex version of 8th edition. Keep positional wound allocation, characters attaching to units, Look out Sir, challenges, etc., but switch all vehicles to T/W and use the new wound table, shooting rules, AP system, damage, etc. Initiative is more of a toss-up. I actually like the alternating activations of 8th ed 40k because it gives players more control over the assault phase. Previously, it was nothing but rote resolution, but I'm used to the old system and 30k uses a lot of initiative-based rules. Morale's another system I could go either way on. It hasn't done much in my games of 8th, but I've mostly played with/against space marines and tyranids so it could just be their in-built mitigation. It's really decisive in 30k though and I like that. I'd be totally happy with the current system staying, the one in 8th is just simpler if kind of lame.

I don't see any of that happening though. :smith: I'm mostly happy with 8th; the game needed a big change after the mess that was 40k 7th edition. It's just not quite detailed enough for me right now. My main issues are wound allocation and the weird character targeting rules and those would be easy to fix by reverting to the 7th edition methods.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

This is probably a real bad idea but I went and made something dumb and bad to store photos of my Iron Warriors Hands Warriors: https://manlyhamslams.wordpress.com/

It is absolutely not formatted for mobile so I don't recommend going to the site at all but especially not on a phone or tablet.

Right now it's mostly bad iphone pictures but I'm hoping to replace them with actual camera pics later this week.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 9, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I made a 30K tshirt!

One day, I will upload pictures of the 1K pts Death Guard that I have. One day...

On HH 8th editioning: challenges can go straight to hell. Just crib "on a to-hit roll of 6, roll a D6 and if you score a 6, you can allocate the wound!" from Bolt Action and you'll solve the gently caress out of that problem. And the new AP rules are much superior to what 30K/7e had.

Dunno about the initiative and I do feel that vehicles positioning should matter for armor saves. I would like all of the termies to have 2W.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Every legion-specific Terminator should definitely have 2W.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
So, my 15 SoH Reavers just arrived; how the hell should I outfit them? I'm tempted to keep them relatively basic by just outfitting them with Volkite Chargers, Chainaxes, and Jump Packs. Alternately, I want to go hog-wild and tool them up with a bunch of Power Fists and Meltaguns. Direct me, goons!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

Every legion-specific Terminator should definitely have 2W.

:same:

It was really cool when only the Justerian had 2 ,because their whole deal was being the most elite guys in the Galaxy. I was delighted to see Red Butchers get two wounds each, but the fact that you get both across armies is weird.

I wouldn't be mad at 3 wound Justerian.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Keep them super cheap. They're expensive and not great at this point, but that's likely to change whenever they give the Legion-specific stuff an update. Chainaxes are a no-brainer for now - +1S for 1 point is too good to pass up - other than that consider maybe a power fist or two. I like a Power Fist on the chieftain specifically because he's one of the few basic infantry models with 3A base.

Jump packs seem cool but you wind up with a Troops choice that costs more than a Knight. It's a good value per model though, consider magnetizing them.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

panascope posted:

Keep them super cheap. They're expensive and not great at this point, but that's likely to change whenever they give the Legion-specific stuff an update. Chainaxes are a no-brainer for now - +1S for 1 point is too good to pass up - other than that consider maybe a power fist or two. I like a Power Fist on the chieftain specifically because he's one of the few basic infantry models with 3A base.

Jump packs seem cool but you wind up with a Troops choice that costs more than a Knight. It's a good value per model though, consider magnetizing them.

15 w/ Jump Packs, 3 Fists (1 on the Chieftan), and 12 Chainaxes sound reasonable?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Champion [137pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Combi-Weapon, None . Consul: Legion Champion

Moritat [120pts]: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, None, Volkite Serpenta, Volkite Serpenta . Consul: Moritat

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [190pts] . Legion Contemptor Dreadnought: Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons

Invictarus Suzerain Squad [230pts]: 5x Invictarus Suzerains, 2x Plasma Pistol

Legion Terminator Squad [238pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour . Legion Terminator Sergeant . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . . Power Weapon: Power Maul . Legion Terminators: Chainfist . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Plasma gun . Legion Terminators: Chainfist . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . Legion Terminators: Lightning Claw . . Combi-Weapon . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun . Legion Terminators: Heavy Flamer . . Power Weapon: Power Sword

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [200pts]: Veteran Tactics: Marksmen . Legion Veteran Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade . Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web . Legion Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [180pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines . Additional Wargear: Bolters, Legion Vexilla . Legion Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolter

Legion Tactical Squad [180pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines . Additional Wargear: Bolters . Legion Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Flamer

+ Fast Attack +

Locutarus Storm Squad [325pts]: 9x Locutarus, Plasma Pistol . Locutarus Strike Leader: Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron [75pts] . Legion Predator Tank: Predator Cannon

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [225pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Lascannon Sponsons, Multi Melta

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XIII: Ultramarines, Loyalist

+ Lords of War +

Roboute Guilliman [400pts]

++ Total: [2500pts] ++

New projected list. This is all stuff I have or is on the way except the Locutarii. Gee I need more points.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Beerdeer posted:

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2500pts] ++

No Glaive. 3/10.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Beerdeer posted:

This is all stuff I have or is on the way except the Locutarii. Gee I need more points.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

:thunk:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Buy more resin. You're welcome.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It's all so simple now

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The helpful thread.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
There's too much Marine bias in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Prove it with a graph or get stepping