Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Linx posted:

I honestly thought that bungo might have gotten over this no-matchmaking nonsense but that was naive of me admittedly. Their excuses for not including it are bullshit, in D1 I would effectively matchmake myself using whatever that website was or play with goons. I played in a LOT of groups where at least one person didn’t have a headset so the whole “teamwork / coordination” excuse doesn’t fly. Was it frustrating on occasion? Sure. Would have been less frustrating to not have to use a 3rd party website to find randos though. They need to stop treating players like a bunch of babbys

I honestly feel like this was meant to make it look to the average player that nightfall was something they really had to work for. If they had matchmaking it would be over too quickly for most of the player base making it pointless

Trying to organize games online acts as a gigantic filter, everyone has known this for years. The kind of person to sign up for LFG sites and use them, isn't the kind of person to gently caress up your groups with retarded antics. If you matchmake the nightfall or the raid were it possible to do so, your success/completion rate will objectively plummet. Look how many standard strikes have people going afk, dying to dregs, walking off cliffs, walking into the stationary lasers in the pyramidion, etc etc etc.

Guided games are coming in, it's literally a mode where only 1 out of the 6 joined the matchmaking, and that person is literally treated as a mouth-breathing idiot that has to be hand-held through the entire thing. If said mouth-breathing idiot successfully completes the activities, the entire clan is rewarded for this miraculous feat. Bungie is very aware of how awful pubbies are.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I miss my reef ship, but I like my globular new one.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Trying to organize games online acts as a gigantic filter, everyone has known this for years. The kind of person to sign up for LFG sites and use them, isn't the kind of person to gently caress up your groups with retarded antics. If you matchmake the nightfall or the raid were it possible to do so, your success/completion rate will objectively plummet. Look how many standard strikes have people going afk, dying to dregs, walking off cliffs, walking into the stationary lasers in the pyramidion, etc etc etc.

Guided games are coming in, it's literally a mode where only 1 out of the 6 joined the matchmaking, and that person is literally treated as a mouth-breathing idiot that has to be hand-held through the entire thing. Bungie is very aware of how awful pubbies are.

For the raid sure, I don’t really object to that requiring a premade group. Let’s be real though, the nightfall isn’t that hard, in D1 it was harder but not really that much of a challenge. It just feels to me like they’re padding out this game mode to make it feel like an endgame

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Republicans posted:

Aren't they adding sorta-matchmaking for nightfall with that "guided games" beta they're starting this week?

Does the clan get something for doing this, or is just for the hell of it?

Also I googled why the clan roster doesn't work. In case anyone else doesn't know, bungie is aware it never loads and this is intended for now. It'll start working "in the future." I bet it'll work when they roll out the guild guide.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Linx posted:

For the raid sure, I don’t really object to that requiring a premade group. Let’s be real though, the nightfall isn’t that hard, in D1 it was harder but not really that much of a challenge. It just feels to me like they’re padding out this game mode to make it feel like an endgame

Did you do this week's nightfall? Do you really want to do that with two randos who won't bother to communicate or coordinate with you at all?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You will be able to be matchmade for nightfalls and raids as a sole person eventually. When enough clans and groups have coalesced, Bungie will turn on the Guided Games mode and you will be able to press a button and be assigned to a pre-made group. I wouldn't sweat it. It's a fair compromise that ensures solo players can still participate, and helpers get rewarded for doing their part.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Does the clan get something for doing this, or is just for the hell of it?

They get juicy rewards. There's an entire 'oathkeeper' mechanic/metagame around it. I think it gives things like shaders, emblems, ships, other cosmetic poo poo? It's been a while since I read up on it but it's substantial.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i carried my buddy through the nightfall with an lfg random and in the three pubs it took me to get my clear for the clan engram, the pub players would rage quit immediately after failing to clear. i had a dude with 26 kills get mad at me that we didn't beat the timer.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
The NF was like punching myself in the dick, with 3 of us that were all LL 270+. We wiped 4 or 5 times before I called it quits. gently caress, I liked the old NF mechanics more than this dumbass timer bullshit.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what, how

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

No clue. We kept wiping, even though we all had supers/energy/power all separate types, and were using them accordingly. Someone said to sparrow past some of the bullshit, but that didn't work either.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Anyone else experiencing loooots of crashes and console freeze ups while playing on a PS4 pro?

And could I get a clan invite? :shobon:

PSN - Erronae

de_dust fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 11, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

No clue. We kept wiping, even though we all had supers/energy/power all separate types, and were using them accordingly. Someone said to sparrow past some of the bullshit, but that didn't work either.

There's your problem, you're supposed to be murdering everything in sight - it's a key mechanic for this week's particular nightfall. Killing enemies adds seconds back to your timer. A well-timed super that corresponds with your element will add a minute back onto the timer. Skipping mobs will actually make it harder on you.

I did it with two other goons yesterday, nobody used mics because two of ours were busted - we did it first go just by taking it slow and steady. We had about four minutes on the timer left.

Don't be too disheartened, your team just went about it the wrong way. It seems from your post like you felt too much pressure from the timer. If you tried to do it like a normal strike and just worked your way through it carefully you would have done it. To me, the impression I got from the timer was that you don't actually have to rush the strike any faster than you normally would - you just had to make sure you don't die and don't make any silly mistakes.

If you ever played m+ in wow legion it's very much like that.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 11, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It seems from your post like you felt too much pressure from the timer. If you tried to do it like a normal strike and just worked your way through it carefully you would have done it.

Huh. That was probably our issue. We're gonna give it another go later on today, assuming everyone's power is back on from Irma, and I guess we'll just slaughter everything in our path instead of trying to blow through it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
You can and should sparrow once you leave the first base and go through the outdoor patrol area into the second ship, just watch out for the colossus because he'll gently caress you up if it's arc burn.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

5thMouseButton posted:

Indulge me for a minute while I'm here waiting for the PC release.

Can someone help me understand why, now that the game has been out 5 days, there are so few reviews available?

Is there a ton of content to chew through or some game mode that still needs to be released that critics are waiting for?

They know one million and half people is playing the game and liking it. So thats one million and half reasons to give it 10/10.

But is not a 10/10 game. No MMO deserve a 10/10. Failsafe humour is kind of borderlands-ske. The game is kind of hard to play both in the game difficulty and somewhat obscure mechanic.

You don't give less than 10 / 10 score of a game that is so popular. No if you don't want a bag with poo poo burning on your door the next day.

They are scared and massaging the message, perhaps waiting for the honeymoon period to cooldown a bit.

----

The reason RPG games have levels is because are character progression games. Your character evolve and get better at things. Numbers are the lazier way to represent that, so most games do RPG with numbers. You absolutely don't need numbers, you can make a RPG that let give you more flexibility and freedom the further you progress.

Numbers are cool. Since 1974 gamers have been beating high scores and tryiing to get better higuer numbers. A big number is ideally better than a smaller one, and gamers just love to see big numbers on the screen (Such has damage)

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 11, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You can also murderize the last boss if you stack triple arc supers and just pound his poo poo down when arc burn comes online. Skips basically the entire final portion of the fight.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have a review: game good play pretty pretty princess

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There's your problem, you're supposed to be murdering everything in sight - it's a key mechanic for this week's particular nightfall. Killing enemies adds seconds back to your timer. A well-timed super that corresponds with your element will add a minute back onto the timer. Skipping mobs will actually make it harder on you.

I did it with two other goons yesterday, nobody used mics because two of ours were busted - we did it first go just by taking it slow and steady. We had about four minutes on the timer left.

Don't be too disheartened, your team just went about it the wrong way. It seems from your post like you felt too much pressure from the timer. If you tried to do it like a normal strike and just worked your way through it carefully you would have done it. To me, the impression I got from the timer was that you don't actually have to rush the strike any faster than you normally would - you just had to make sure you don't die and don't make any silly mistakes.

If you ever played m+ in wow legion it's very much like that.

We skipped the ship ramp with speeders, saved a bunch of time.

Also, I really want to do a raid with 6 people all with the rat king based on what I'm seeing in this video. Seems like you need to be very close for the power to trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6Gpt6pWp4&t=158s

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I endure random dickheads in the Crucible. I can endure random dickheads in a dungeon run.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tei posted:

They know one million and half people is playing the game and liking it. So thats one million and half reasons to give it 10/10.

But is not a 10/10 game. No MMO deserve a 10/10. Failsafe humour is kind of borderlands-ske. The game is kind of hard to play both in the game difficulty and somewhat obscure mechanic.

You don't give less than 10 / 10 score of a game that is so popular. No if you don't want a bag with poo poo burning on your door the next day.

They are scared and massaging the message, perhaps waiting for the honeymoon period to cooldown a bit.

I don't think that's entirely accurate - hardcore Destiny players have never gave a gently caress about the myriad of 5/10s and 6/10s the original got. D2 brings in new players which was a conscious and concerted effort by the developers but it's definitely for the fans more than any other demographic. The reviews mean jack poo poo and Bungie knows it

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I don't think that's entirely accurate - hardcore Destiny players have never gave a gently caress about the myriad of 5/10s and 6/10s the original got. D2 brings in new players which was a conscious and concerted effort by the developers but it's definitely for the fans more than any other demographic. The reviews mean jack poo poo and Bungie knows it

What you say is true: most of us ignored the original bad reviews, played a bad game that ultimately redeemed itself into a great game.

Things are a bit different now. Destiny can easy dominate Twitch.tv streams. Can murder other game with just his own presence. Is a juggernaut.

All I say is that reviewers are choosing their wording more carefully this time.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Infusion Chat:

A) Funkmaster is correct that infusions are 1:1. Lets say you have a purple gun 'A' that looks really cool with 10 damage and a purple gun 'B' that plays like poo poo with 275 damage (this is all assuming NO purple mods attached). Theoretically if you infuse the 10 damage purple gun A with the 275 damage purple gun B, you will end up with a purple gun A at 275 damage, and the purple gun B dissolves into the ether. This is much better than the D1 system back around TTK expansion where infusing low level stuff with high level stuff would result in low-mid level stuff based on a numbers split between the two items.

B) In terms of infusing stuff and gear mods, here's the rule of thumb to get maximum benefit:

If you have a really cool purple/gold with a legendary mod attached --> ONLY infuse it with a purple that DOES NOT have a legendary mod attached

Why?

If you were to infuse gun X at 270 attack (270 base with NO mod) with gun Y at 280 attack (275 base with +5 mod), you would expect gun X to become 280 attack per part A above. This actually doesn't happen because the mod is not taken into account when infusing. What would happen is you would end up with a new gun X only at 275 attack which is still technically an upgrade, but not what was anticipated to happen.

It's fairly simple once you understand it, but a loving pain in the rear end to grasp initially due to bungie not coding in any way to see "what if" scenarios with infusions and no one giving any warning about mods not being accounted for in the infusion process. All of this bullshit really only pertains to people on the really high end, end-game spectrum trying to eek out just a lil more light to get to 280 or whatever and probably won't matter for poo poo once the raid, trials, iron banner, etc. are out that dump high end gear like crazy.

You really can't gently caress yourself with infusions unless you are poopsocking light at the moment. it will always be an upgrade for the piece of kit you are infusing, but if you infuse a piece of gear and it ends up being 5 points lower than what you anticipated, it's due to you infusing an unmodded piece of gear with a modded piece of gear.

Base stats and mods need to be separate entries on item descriptions to prevent all of this confusion.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The Speaker was a con man who talked his way into importance. I'm glad he's dead.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
4v4 pvp sucks rear end. Don't think I'll ever do it again.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

screech on the beach posted:

4v4 pvp sucks rear end. Don't think I'll ever do it again.

People play Destiny PVP? Huh, you learn something new everyday.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I played a couple of games of pvp this morning before work :shrug:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Macarius Wrench posted:

I played a couple of games of pvp this morning before work :shrug:

Weirdo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol saw on ebay people were selling being carried through the trials of the 9 flawless or w/e for like $25

Kinuven
Dec 9, 2004

I'm getting my men.
Is there a link to a new PS4 clan? The one in the OP is full.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Balthesar posted:

The Speaker was a con man who talked his way into importance. I'm glad he's dead.

Hey man he said he spoke FOR the Traveler, not TO it

And I thought an adventure specified that he ain't dead, he's just being held hostage by other cabal

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Up to 94 - 1 in crucible. Helped in large part to getting the Uriel's gift, vigils and minuet today all of which I've been wanting. Uriel's gift is handsdown the best Assault rifle for PVP right now. Just had about 5 or 6 games running it. Here's a vid of a mercy playing supremecy, the range you can touch people with is almost as insane as the ease keeping it on someone's dome. Please note: I've had about 5 beers so my shot is a little sloppy and I'm not jumping/skating or sliding round corners as much as I do normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpRVg5rRCIg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol saw on ebay people were selling being carried through the trials of the 9 flawless or w/e for like $25

People charge up to 80 bucks to carry, some will charge for them to do an "account recovery" where they play your account with their buddies and go flawless. There's a lot of people out there who just want every emblem and to tick off every box even if they can't do it themselves. I like when I match those people to ruin their day.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Hey guys, remember this?

Whatever happened to it, I wonder? SIVA fallen and that particular strike never made it to the final game. I would have thought the content was all wrapped up by the time they showed off the game for the first time. There was only mere months left to release.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

de_dust posted:

Anyone else experiencing loooots of crashes and console freeze ups while playing on a PS4 pro?

And could I get a clan invite? :shobon:

PSN - Erronae

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2334893

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hey guys, remember this?

Whatever happened to it, I wonder? SIVA fallen and that particular strike never made it to the final game. I would have thought the content was all wrapped up by the time they showed off the game for the first time. There was only mere months left to release.

That strike is in the game, it's the one on Nessus with the fallen boss. They just took out the siva references, maybe they decided against having fallen be siva infected to avoid having to explain it to non roi players?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Kinuven posted:

Is there a link to a new PS4 clan? The one in the OP is full.

See above. Phone posting since work

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Applied to the clan, foureyedfairy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Guided games are coming in, it's literally a mode where only 1 out of the 6 joined the matchmaking, and that person is literally treated as a mouth-breathing idiot that has to be hand-held through the entire thing. If said mouth-breathing idiot successfully completes the activities, the entire clan is rewarded for this miraculous feat. Bungie is very aware of how awful pubbies are.

I still love that there's literally a Sherpa mode now, and that instead of just one or two it's five people leading the one idiot trust fund baby out of bad kid valley to the heights of mlg mountain.

quote:

I miss my reef ship, but I like my globular new one.

I miss the space bus but I can make this one shiny bright pink, so that'll do.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 11, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raid Theories:

- It will start in nessus, in that room with the lasers hitting many crystals. The area is closed and I don't know any adventure going there (I could be wrong, only done a few). Also theres a spawn location just next to it, and that only happens in raid areas or patrol areas, not inside a dungeon.
- It will involve laser puzzles. Why? no reason.
- We will travel to the leviathan. Enough information about that on the names, artwork, and other info.
- We will have a vehicle travel section. It can be tanks, but I doubt it, maybe is some sort of escape run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tei posted:

Raid Theories:

- It will start in nessus, in that room with the lasers hitting many crystals. The area is closed and I don't know any adventure going there (I could be wrong, only done a few). Also theres a spawn location just next to it, and that only happens in raid areas or patrol areas, not inside a dungeon.
- It will involve laser puzzles. Why? no reason.
- We will travel to the leviathan. Enough information about that on the names, artwork, and other info.
- We will have a vehicle travel section. It can be tanks, but I doubt it, maybe is some sort of escape run.

The raid boss better just be hopping in those tanks again and going to town, that was fun as hell.

BTW I didn't mention it but I love how Ghaul shouts the game's tagline at you right before you fight him. It's just so silly.

I haven't seen any Marathon references in D2 so far. I think that's finally done with. :(