Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm hurricane Irma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Colonel posted:

cuphead looks like it has a serious issues with bosses having a ton of health with no actual visual representation of it and extremely repetitive, really simple boss patterns while touhou you can usually clear a chunk off a boss' health bar pretty fast and the bullet patterns are just keeping you on your toes the whole time

like a single phase of a boss on normal difficulty in the gameplay footage i've seen felt like it took a full half-minute of the players dodging the same repeating attack over and over again
huh. I thought the better part of the game would be the part from when the game was originally intended to be a boss rush

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

I'm hurricane Irma

I'm gonna kick your rear end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Butt Ghost posted:

huh. I thought the better part of the game would be the part from when the game was originally intended to be a boss rush

i think it would be better, if they could have used the time spent on the crappy side scroller stages to polish the bosses

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

cuphead looks like it has a serious issues with bosses having a ton of health with no actual visual representation of it and extremely repetitive, really simple boss patterns while touhou you can usually clear a chunk off a boss' health bar pretty fast and the bullet patterns are just keeping you on your toes the whole time

like a single phase of a boss on normal difficulty in the gameplay footage i've seen felt like it took a full half-minute of the players dodging the same repeating attack over and over again

I'm OK with all of this because I am looking for a chill game and not a super elite pro gaming speedrun frame perfect game to play in my limited spare time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's me, I'm the base line consumer of video games the turbo nerds cry about constantly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's me, I'm the base line consumer of video games the turbo nerds cry about constantly.

So am I, and it still looks kinda lame.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean

it's not really a matter of a game not being super intense hardcore enough as much as a game seemingly going for that and just ending up looking kind of tedious

like it looks like it's still easy to die, the gameplay footage had the players reviving each other a lot, it just wastes a lot more of your time before getting there

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

So am I, and it still looks kinda lame.

Your opinion is invalidated due to your anime avatar. :colbert:

:chaostrump:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the big o doesn't even count as anime

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've never seen anyone have a persecution complex about their own low standards, that's nuts

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Um... I think you'll find that our previous president is the proud owner of the chaos emeralds, so I'd like for this smiley to be removed from the website, thank you.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
obama has the chaos emeralds but when will he get the super emeralds

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Colonel posted:

obama has the chaos emeralds but when will he get the super emeralds

Unfortunately after using the lock-on cart technology to combine his first and second term, Obama did not bother to use his second term to pursue the super emeralds. The reason for this will most likely be forever lost to time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that doesn't make sense. if obama used the lock-on technology he should be able to choose any point in either of his terms to return to

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately he chose not to use a save file and has forgotten the proper cheat code to enter the level select- the cheat in question of course being entering 09 11 20 01 in the sound test. That said, he is still the owner of the chaos emeralds and surely Miles "Tails" Prower has tricked the foolish president Donald "Ivo" Trump with fake emeralds that are useless.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The 22nd Amendment says nothing about robotic clones

2020 I'd like to introduce you to Metal Obama

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

the foolish president Donald "Ivo" Trump

Oh please. Trump isn't Ivo.

Ivo has respect for women.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

I've never seen anyone have a persecution complex about their own low standards, that's nuts

I have a persecution complex and not a penchant to make bad jokes? :confused:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Despite all my reservations I played the Life is Strange prequel yesterday and it's good. In fact, it's even a little better than I was willing to give Deck Nine credit for. I think they're doing a good job so far and I'm just happy to be talking about LiS in the present tense again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Despite all my reservations I played the Life is Strange prequel yesterday and it's good. In fact, it's even a little better than I was willing to give Deck Nine credit for. I think they're doing a good job so far and I'm just happy to be talking about LiS in the present tense again.

That's good to hear. I was hesitant to get it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

chumbler posted:

I am ready for Monster Hunter World to be game of the month every month after it is out.

i wanna get monster hunter stories but im so loving poor and nintendo games are so stupidly expensive

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm OK with all of this because I am looking for a chill game and not a super elite pro gaming speedrun frame perfect game to play in my limited spare time.

it doesnt look chill either, looks hard but in a dumb bullshit way with the enemy spam

babypolis fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 11, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I like Chloe's VA in the prequel better, which is wild.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

the fact this wasn't the opening into to SSX Tricky made me sad :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's good to hear. I was hesitant to get it.

I think you could definitely afford to wait at this point since the first episode is mostly spent reconnecting with the characters and setting the stage for future events, but against all odds it didn't feel like a cheap imitation and the quality of the writing was on par with Dontnod while being confident enough to do its own thing. Which in many ways is even harder to pull off than creating an entirely new IP.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Worst of the storm is gone for where I and now it's just windy (which is good cause it's HOT AF without power).

Here's my cat not giving A gently caress about 100 mph winds :cool:

Edit: Rabbids good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PorygonNews/status/907071279261474817

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

I think you could definitely afford to wait at this point since the first episode is mostly spent reconnecting with the characters and setting the stage for future events, but against all odds it didn't feel like a cheap imitation and the quality of the writing was on par with Dontnod while being confident enough to do its own thing. Which in many ways is even harder to pull off than creating an entirely new IP.

I was more so worried about it being a cheap lovely half-assed spinoff. The fact it's not that is good and I'll definitely get it when it's fully out and I'm wanting more.

Vampyr is coming out though, as are a bunch of other games I want to play so I can afford to wait.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
All I know about Cuphead is that while it looked amazing in action at PAX I feel compelled to dog on it because reddit has seemingly collectively decided any journalists who say "OK but this might be too hard to actually be considered a good video game" are terrible and should be stalked/doxed.

Risky Boots DLC was fun but somehow even shorter than the regular game, I guess because there are fewer collectibles. A good addition but I don't think it changes my overall assessment of the new Shantae being a visually stunning and competent platformer but otherwise sort of forgettable.

gently caress that LP guy, whose videos I've never seen.

Please continue to stay safe in the wake of these hurricanes and whatever other disasters may be heading your way.

Did I miss anything else? Because that was a whole lot of pages to leaf through.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nate RFB posted:

All I know about Cuphead is that while it looked amazing in action at PAX I feel compelled to dog on it because reddit has seemingly collectively decided any journalists who say "OK but this might be too hard to actually be considered a good video game" are terrible and should be stalked/doxed.

Risky Boots DLC was fun but somehow even shorter than the regular game, I guess because there are fewer collectibles. A good addition but I don't think it changes my overall assessment of the new Shantae being a visually stunning and competent platformer but otherwise sort of forgettable.

gently caress that LP guy, whose videos I've never seen.

Please continue to stay safe in the wake of these hurricanes and whatever other disasters may be heading your way.

Did I miss anything else? Because that was a whole lot of pages to leaf through.

You forgot to mention how much you like PewDiePie.

Edit - Also apparently, according to some lawyer TB spoke to, the Campo Santo thing is legal for them to do. Still is a bad thing to have happen for those who do YouTube stuff either way (something both Jim Sterling & NerdCubed were quoted as saying earlier).

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/907025967813668865

Edit 2 - This is also really silly and I'm not really sure why these guys didn't get hosed by the FTC.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/youtubers-escape-punishment-for-promoting-csgo-gam/1100-6453211/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 11, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Edit 2 - This is also really silly and I'm not really sure why these guys didn't get hosed by the FTC.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/youtubers-escape-punishment-for-promoting-csgo-gam/1100-6453211/

The guy posed with a golden retriever you can't get better sympathy points from a judge and/or jury than that.

Try to pose like that with a cat and see where it gets ya. The courts are rigged I tell ya.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

You forgot to mention how much you like PewDiePie.

Edit - Also apparently, according to some lawyer TB spoke to, the Campo Santo thing is legal for them to do. Still is a bad thing to have happen for those who do YouTube stuff either way (something both Jim Sterling & NerdCubed were quoted as saying earlier).

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/907025967813668865

Companies have been doing that for years on youtube. Why would people think it's illegal now?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing is, in the end it doesn't even matter if it's legal, it just matters how Google wants to handle it. Like the first amendment doesn't even matter because it's google's space and they can shut down who they drat well please

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

Companies have been doing that for years on youtube. Why would people think it's illegal now?

pewdiepie fan/youtube men/twitter men are really really stupid and have little grasp on how the real world works

Tomorrow is Dishonored 2.5 and Metroid, what a year

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot about the Dishonored 2 expansion/DLC

That's great news

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've never played Dishonored 2 but I rather liked Daud and his DLC in the first one, I wonder how bad of an idea it would be to just skip straight to Death of the Outsider.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I've never played Dishonored 2 but I rather liked Daud and his DLC in the first one, I wonder how bad of an idea it would be to just skip straight to Death of the Outsider.

it probably doesn't spoil too much but you owe it to yourself to play Dishonored 2 because it owns. You don't play as Daud in DotO but instead you're his protege.

It's pretty remarkable how Dishonored got 2 base games, 2 excellent DLCs, and now a semi-expansion game. Regardless of sales Arkane has been free to do as they please and that's at least one good thing about being part of the Bethesda juggernaut. If only they did a better job advertising literally any of their games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

pewdiepie fan/youtube men/twitter men are really really stupid and have little grasp on how the real world works

I think Metroid doesn't come out until Friday because Nintendo like doing that for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

The thing is, in the end it doesn't even matter if it's legal, it just matters how Google wants to handle it. Like the first amendment doesn't even matter because it's google's space and they can shut down who they drat well please

No, it matters how they handle it, legally. The DMCA requires them to take down content complained about in a timely manner. If they fail to do this, then they lose the protections they get as being a pipeline for content and can become liable for any rule breaking. Look up DMCA Safe Harbor if you want to know more.

So far, my GotM is $8 Bloodborne. I was slow to get into the Souls genre but after playing DS3 & this, I am thoroughly hooked. If any of you are like me and the idea of a super tough game with impossible boss fights turns you off: it turns out there are a lot of systems in the game to make things easier. You can kind of choose your own difficulty by electing to raise (or not) your level, summon cooperators and look up guides to find the sometimes easy to exploit patterns, once you know they exist. The exploration gameplay in this series is phenomenal, and nowhere else other than Metroid or Myst/Obduction have I gotten as much satisfaction from opening a door.

• Locked thread