Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

Why did they get rid of Dragon Ridge, Port and that one with the beach?

South Coast was poo poo and never improved and north spawn just had a colossal advantage because Wargaming is dumb. Port was poo poo if you were north spawn in the wrong tank. Dragon Ridge was the best competitive map they have ever made and they hate success.

Prav posted:

hidden village was an extremely bad map that had one mountain valley lane up top where you had to go and butt heads with heavy TDs without any flanking options, and an open field and open flat town that were completely suicidal and unusable

basically take west abbey and glue it to siegfried line's field

Hidden Village's city was entirely destructible so there was literally no cover from the elevated, hidden tanks at either base. Hidden Village was the worst map in the game at the time of its removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

serious gaylord posted:

Would sacred valley be better if there were paths up into the high hills? Or is it just complete irredeemable garbage?

Nothing good ever comes from giving pubbies higher and higher hills to climb. If there was a 'mountain road' in Lakeville the map would be even more insufferable.

"WAR MOVIES ALWAYS TELL YOU TO TAKE THE HIGH GROUND :hurr:"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nothing good ever comes from giving pubbies higher and higher hills to climb. If there was a 'mountain road' in Lakeville the map would be even more insufferable.

"STAR WARS MOVIES ALWAYS TELL YOU TO TAKE THE HIGH GROUND :hurr:"

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I realized the only premium I play with any frequency is my Hitler Panther which really isn't that good but it makes ok credits for nice gameplay. This does have to do with most of my other premiums being outdated now 112/IS-6. Even the E-25 doesn't seem to be as much fun as it used to be, the camo nerf must have hit it hard.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Err the e25 didn't get the camo nerf.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
just..pansy things https://imgur.com/fLlu8lo and this t54 tipping himself over after killing me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq6fUQQQG0

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 8, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wasn't the T-34-3 supposed to get armor buffed to that of the Type-59?

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Yo if ya'll feeling sad about tier 8 just step down one to 7 and have a blast. Also there are a poo poo ton of E-25 who have no loving clue what they're doing.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3811702?secret=ca9623cdd7edcf1b16f7176486d74e7b

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are war games ever going to happen on NA?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh they announced it yesterday. Nevermind.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I unlocked the Pershing, and had the second "best" 90mm gun unlocked from the T20 already. Should I slap on that or go for the 105mm and shoot HE until I can get the top 90mm? My gut says the former.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

I unlocked the Pershing, and had the second "best" 90mm gun unlocked from the T20 already. Should I slap on that or go for the 105mm and shoot HE until I can get the top 90mm? My gut says the former.

Use the 76mm with HE. More shots = more crits, and with a smaller shell you're less likely to sabotage one of your teammates before you get banned when you shoot them multiple times while you're dicking around with HE and not doing anything of value.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hellsau posted:

Use the 76mm with HE. More shots = more crits, and with a smaller shell you're less likely to sabotage one of your teammates before you get banned when you shoot them multiple times while you're dicking around with HE and not doing anything of value.

Wisdom.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey where the hell is that premium Chinese TD? I figured it would be out on EU/RU first, but there's no trace of it coming to NA that I can tell. :confused:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Atomizer posted:

Hey where the hell is that premium Chinese TD? I figured it would be out on EU/RU first, but there's no trace of it coming to NA that I can tell. :confused:

I don't want it. There's too many campers already. We need a UAV perk like call of duty.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Atomizer posted:

I think they want to get as many suckers buying the STG Guard thinking it's a Russian Chrysler before they dump another "must buy" tank on the NA userbase.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

Trip report - Chinese TDs:

Tier 2 - It has the Chi-Ri's gun, which, if you remember, can penetrate a Tiger frontally. :stare: 81 pen AP, 130 APCR. :stare: At tier 2. :stare: Anyways, it's a little bloomy like all low-tiers, but it's pretty good for a 2. It's one of the only vehicles where I've seen no reason to use anything but a full AP loadout since you're only seeing tier 3s max.

Tier 3 - It's not bad. Decent mobility. The top gun has less pen than the stock one, but is otherwise better in every other way.

Tier 4 - :siren: It's a Chinese SU-85B! :siren: Exactly as OP as you think it is! It'd be a good idea to start at this tier, and then keep it after you've elited it.

Tier 5 - I just bought this one, haven't played it yet. Seems like a typical tier 5 TD similar to the SU-85 and Stug. It continues the Chinese trend of having big fuckoff guns on their TDs; it's the TD version of one of the WZ-131's guns, which puts it somewhere between the Stug OG & Toaster's firepower.

How far have you gone up the tree so far? Are your observations still current? I'm looking for a lower-tier crew to put my crew from the premium TD in.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How far have you gone up the tree so far? Are your observations still current? I'm looking for a lower-tier crew to put my crew from the premium TD in.

I was actually away from the game for almost a week, but I've played a little more of the tier 6 tonight.
- To recap, the Chinese tier 4 is the SU-85B, and it's definitely a keeper (I mean unless you already have the latter and don't want to keep both.)
- The tier 5 is the Stug/SU-85 with a bigger gun, and it's OK, but not necessarily worth keeping if you have either of the former.
- The tier 6 is like the WZ-131, but without the turret (which is exactly what it is) except it has the old top 100 mm and better camo (I think.) It's very effective BUT is just as limited as any casemate TD. It's basically a faster SU-100 with the 100 mm, and you should be sensing a theme here. The Chinese TDs are just knockoffs of the [original line of] Soviet TDs, generally with bigger or better guns. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because it doesn't look like there's a turd in the line (OK, maybe the tier 3 was a little underwhelming I guess.)
- The tier 7 is a buffed version of the 6, or you could think of it as the SU-122 (with a viable 100 mm option.)
- The tier 8 is of course based on the WZ-111 hull, so it actually has armor (albeit less mobility) - plus a TD version of the IS-7's gun (so, basically the O263's gun.) :stare:
- The tier 9 has the O268's gun, plus some more armor....
- The tier 10 is just a buffed tier 9 (read: even more armor.)

So yeah, I think the Chinese TD line is worth playing, if not particularly original.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I'm only on the Tier IV Chinese TD and agree that it's pretty great after you get the top gun.

The Tier III is definitely a turd though. I recommend either using Free XP to skip it or just grinding through it ASAP.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Was tier6 to 7 the point at which it's worth taking over a crew for retraining? Might start on those chinese TDs too and I can't get a mission crew so I'll need a new one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

Was tier6 to 7 the point at which it's worth taking over a crew for retraining? Might start on those chinese TDs too and I can't get a mission crew so I'll need a new one.

I think six? Just add in a crew-XP consumable every now and then (since you're earning them daily anway with most missions), and you should be able to elite easily before tier 7.

In more Chinese TD news, this thing can do some pretty disgusting stuff at tier 8. Angle your casemate and you'll bounce a shitton of stuff (close to 5k in this case). Camo crew at 70% now, with a total camo rating of 43% while stationary.
I'm also digging the mobilty of the Chinese tierIV, it has even better camo than the SU-85B, even though it packs 20 less alpha damage. Better camo and mobility should make this thing reasonably effective.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Oh they announced it yesterday. Nevermind.

i wish people didnt have to try so hard to get rewards from this game, i read over that thing and it sounds impossible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Case in point:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, this dude was somehow hiding in that shed on mines, and they couldn't kill him...how the gently caress?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've seen a lot of CAPFASTs in my day, but never in encounter mode with TWENTY-SIX players alive.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ahahahaha

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've seen a lot of CAPFASTs in my day, but never in encounter mode with TWENTY-SIX players alive.

:catstare:

And SIXTEEN of those 26 did no damage at all.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gervasius posted:

:catstare:

And SIXTEEN of those 26 did no damage at all.

3 Lights getting into the cap inside the first minute will do that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Let me guess, Prok?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

I find the Japanese Tiger to be exceptionally okay. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. I kind of like how average it feels in almost every regard.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Let me guess, Prok?

Nah, it was that map with the bridge in the middle and the useless east and that damaged castlethingy in the west, southwest. Christ im poo poo at map names, I can recall like four or so from memory

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Nah, it was that map with the bridge in the middle and the useless east and that damaged castlethingy in the west, southwest. Christ im poo poo at map names, I can recall like four or so from memory

lol how the gently caress do you get capfasted on Erlenburg encounter there's hard cover on both sides

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

lol how the gently caress do you get capfasted on Erlenburg encounter there's hard cover on both sides

Ahem...we won. :smug:

I got one loving shot off before going "oh my holy gently caress, how are they not resetting, I need to get another shot off, welp gg"
:negative:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RanKizama posted:

I find the Japanese Tiger to be exceptionally okay. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. I kind of like how average it feels in almost every regard.

Is it different from the Tiger 131? Because I really like that tank! Well, most times.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ahem...we won. :smug:

I got one loving shot off before going "oh my holy gently caress, how are they not resetting, I need to get another shot off, welp gg"
:negative:

Everyone in that match lost. Playing a lovely game where no one gets to shoot anything and the top three base XPs are 316/218/188 is just a total waste of time.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Der Shovel posted:

Is it different from the Tiger 131? Because I really like that tank! Well, most times.

The Tiger 131 has an extra 2hp I believe. In all other aspects its identical.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

Pretty much identical to Tiger 131 (and the 'upcoming' Tiger 217) as far as playing goes. There's a slight weight difference (20kg!) because of the heavier radio on the German tanks, but you do get extra radio range (94m!) with that.

Whooooo-pee.

Also for some inexplicable reason the basic AP/HE shells for the German tanks are more expensive; 252 a piece each for Germans, and 240/180 for the Jap. Go figure:

https://tanks.gg/compare/ht-no-vi?t=tiger-131%7Etiger-217

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, this dude was somehow hiding in that shed on mines, and they couldn't kill him...how the gently caress?

You can fall into the building via the hole in roof. Artillery can 'fix' the problem with an occupant.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Here's my shot of the day:
http://i.imgur.com/vvWEDhF.gifv

Yes, I'm the JT88 in the lower-right corner taking a crap shot and getting something out of it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I just unlocked the 121 but I am kinda in love with the WZ-120. Anyone done the transition and can tell me if it's worth it? I hardly see any 121 so I guess they are bad?