Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Metalingus is pretty trash.

Anyway, Spin the Bottle is the best theme, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5A_9ZNLYUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

Drew McIntyre had such a good theme, but I honestly like his new one quite a bit. Bagpipes are awesome and I loved his takeover entrance with the live bagpipes.

It's everything after the bagpipes that is poo poo. Like, take them away and it's basically Generic CAW Theme #6. It might actually just be one of Big Cass's 8 heel songs.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNk3_-uQZBU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

shiksa posted:

"the undertaker's new theme song is by limp bizkit" was a really weird and regrettable time.

HOW COULD YOU FORGET?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlBmT-gr4AA

BUT BAD ASSES ALWAYS KICK AN rear end in a top hat'S rear end

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

So quick to forget Brie Mode.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I know it would never be licensed but I'm still annoyed to this day that Legacy didn't use Queen - Princes of the Universe.

Even more appropriate now that it's the WWE Universe!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Metalingus is pretty trash.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

tweet my meat posted:

We've discussed the best, but who has the worst theme in wrestling? My vote goes to Jeff Jarrett, but I haven't watched much from the really bleak eras of wwe.

Stephanie's theme.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The constant airhorns a really great

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gavok posted:

Stephanie's theme.

as always my vote goes to RVD's TNA theme

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Right to Censor

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/907561280679985152

is the above match the biggest disparity of talent between opponents in a single match?

i mean kidman's pretty middle of the road and still

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

shiksa posted:

is the above match the biggest disparity of talent between opponents in a single match?

Idunno how you measure single vs. multi-man matches, but Ric Flair worked a program with Giant Gonzalez.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Halloween Jack posted:

Idunno how you measure single vs. multi-man matches, but Ric Flair worked a program with Giant Gonzalez.

Lazy answer but accurate answer is anyone vs. The Great Khali.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/907561280679985152

Yes. I mean I looked up a ton of matches to see what might match up with this and I couldn't find one.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rey Mysterio Jr. wrestled The Great Khali.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Didnt shawn michaels have to wrestle koslov for the right to face taker at mania? He also faced khali

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jinder Mahal wrestled Shinsuke Nakamura

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Khali is better than Vampiro

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

oatgan posted:

Khali is better than Vampiro

I haven't seen khali fight in a graveyard match amd thus cannot comment

E: also khali never lit the icon sting on fire and threw him off the tron. Finding some real problems with your point here Oatgan

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 12, 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's actually easier to figure this stuff out by looking at the most notoriously awful workers in history and who they wrestled.

Before he was Nailz, Kevin tagged with Buddy Rose in AWA, where he had tag matches against Nick Bockwinkel, Curt Hennig, and a whole program vs. the Rockers. He's also wrestled Bret.

Giant Gonzalez wrestled some of the most talented wrestlers of all time, including Flair, Savage, and Muta. He also wrestled Nailz in Japan once, which must have been worse than Sid vs. the Nightstalker.

Not to be outdone, Great Khali has of course wrestled a bunch of really talented people, but most notably Rey, Regal, Cesaro, Bryan, Michaels, and Flair! One of his matches with Bryan resulted in, for me personally, that old cliche that whenever your parents walk in while you're watching wrestling, it will be something so embarrassingly bad you wish they'd just caught you jerking off instead.

Harley Race's first break in the business was driving Happy Humphrey around, and he says he wrestled him a few times.

Haystacks Calhoun was a big star and wrestled a ton of people considered all-time greats, although it's hard to oppose, like, Killer Kowalski to Daniel Bryan to measure pure in-ring talent, as it was a very different era.

Plowboy Frazier was kind of a later Haystacks and also wrestled a lot of talented guys, both in territories and the WWF. He and Hillbilly Jim were a team vs. the Hart Foundation at one point, and I think he's wrestled the Rock'n'Roll.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince and Shane McMahon fought Shawn Michaels and God.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Vince and Shane McMahon fought Shawn Michaels and God.

It's kinda hosed up how God no-sold the entire match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I demand that someone acknowledge that vampiro was cool when he was feuding with sting and i was 11

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Wasn't Vampiro in the spooky graveyard match in WCW with Gene Simmons, the bassguitar player from the band KisS. ?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

magnum_valentino posted:

Wasn't Vampiro in the spooky graveyard match in WCW with Gene Simmons, the bassguitar player from the band KisS. ?

noo no that was the "kiss demon", a licensed wrestler played by some jobber.

and i dont remember if that was in a graveyard. but it was late period wcw so anythings possible

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

shiksa posted:

and i dont remember if that was in a graveyard. but it was late period wcw so anythings possible

SOME JOBBER?

Don't insult Dale Torborg like that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

projecthalaxy posted:

I demand that someone acknowledge that vampiro was cool when he was feuding with sting and i was 11

I'm willing to acknowledge that you were almost certainly 11, does that help?

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

shiksa posted:

No, he had the makeup and everything, it was definitely Jean Simmons.

Enough silliness on my part, you should watch the match, it's at the same PPV with the Russo/Hogan shoot double-cross. gently caress, I think Judy Bagwell On A Pole is ALSO at that PPV? The stupidest loving PPV of all time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

magnum_valentino posted:

Enough silliness on my part, you should watch the match, it's at the same PPV with the Russo/Hogan shoot double-cross. gently caress, I think Judy Bagwell On A Pole is ALSO at that PPV? The stupidest loving PPV of all time.

its hard to tell sarcasm when mocking wcw to be fair.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

magnum_valentino posted:

JBOAP is from New Blood Rising AKA WCWs greatest hits.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think Gonzales was notably worse than Khali.

Gonzales/El Gigante vs. Flair has to be the biggest gap ever. We are talking about the GOAT vs. the WOAT here.

Though if Beau James wrestled half the people he claims to have wrestled there might be a case for it. But first you have to make a case for Beau James actually being a pro wrestler.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Alexa gets a lot of merchandise (and presumably sells a ton) for a heel. So why is the merchandise factor used against turning people like Cena/Roman?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All those cups and fidget spinners and other junk with wrestler logos on them are recent additions. Probably made to order. Basically everyone gets them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Aphrodite posted:

All those cups and fidget spinners and other junk with wrestler logos on them are recent additions. Probably made to order. Basically everyone gets them.

I assume it's for those Wrestlecrate deals where it's a bunch of random cheap crap they throw into boxes and mail to people who forgot to cancel after their free trial

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Great Antonio vs Inoki

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Alexa gets a lot of merchandise (and presumably sells a ton) for a heel. So why is the merchandise factor used against turning people like Cena/Roman?

Because at the end of the day amount of merch and how prominently displayed is based on how much they like you/the size of your push so it's meaningless unless someone they hate is selling boatloads.

Faces tend to sell more merch than heels in the overall stats but considering Cena is a merch machine a heel run with "You Should Give Up" shirts or something would go gangbusters.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

In the Diamond Cutter/RKO/Ace Crusher kayfabe, is the opponent's face hitting the mat or the other guy's shoulder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Though if Beau James wrestled half the people he claims to have wrestled there might be a case for it. But first you have to make a case for Beau James actually being a pro wrestler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Ibxa8OpNA

whew...

these announcers are great though. "he got a little help from his da-burn manager out there" "i swurr..."