Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

kaffo posted:

So I went in game to get a screenie for a "sweet rear end planet" then realised it while it was in my sector, the pops which could actually 100% it was in a different sector, which might be the issue? Not sure how the AI handles colonising with genetically modified versions of your main pops either, but apparently it's left all the planets which aren't cold as gently caress.

Here's some nice planets anyway, which I wish the AI would take, cos I have pops which can colonise either

Yeah, it sucks if the AI just ignores interstellar real estate like that. Since there are so many possible reasons for this behavior (including sector population too low to trigger further expansion and other esoteric poo poo that's maybe hidden in the sector code), I suggest just building some colony ships with the pops you want on there and giving your sectors a swift kick in the rear end with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Does the colonize option for sectors actually work? It's not the world's biggest hassle, but I thought the point of sectors was to play that zone for you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

It certainly used to work, because I know I'd occasionally look at like an 8 system sector and find it was now an 11 system sector. This was awhile ago though, so it may well have changed by now. These days I tend to colonize things myself directly because I almost always have the desired pops in my core so I find it easiest that way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

What I really want is to just mass build a bunch of habitats in a sector and have the sector colonize them (and also not just build energy on them like what the hell?) That, and a production manager like HoI4 so I don't have to manually build up to my fleet cap 4 battleships at a time.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

wiegieman posted:

What I really want is to just mass build a bunch of habitats in a sector and have the sector colonize them (and also not just build energy on them like what the hell?) That, and a production manager like HoI4 so I don't have to manually build up to my fleet cap 4 battleships at a time.

This plus a designer/template creator for your ground forces so you don't have to manually pick through each unit and add in attachments. I think I've bought three attachments max in ~150 hours of game play and I have no idea how that system made it all the way to release.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BadOptics posted:

This plus a designer/template creator for your ground forces so you don't have to manually pick through each unit and add in attachments. I think I've bought three attachments max in ~150 hours of game play and I have no idea how that system made it all the way to release.
I would pretend to pay money to see the QA feedback on army attachments.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

BadOptics posted:

Splicer posted:

Oh jesus I know exactly what you mean.
Having to land an army so you can add attachments one by one via a sub menu on a sub menu :smithicide:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

kaffo posted:

Oh jesus I know exactly what you mean.
Having to land an army so you can add attachments one by one via a sub menu on a sub menu :smithicide:

Right now I'm dealing with this by pretending attachments are only for "elite"-armies. Which means maybe 1 in 100 of my armies gets an attachment. It makes your armies less effective, sure. But it eliminates a lot of clicking.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the solution is turn your species into robots, converting every defensive army in the galaxy into an attack force and then launching your 100+ unit army to overwhelm any defense force with sheer numbers

seriously though, the fact you can land a bigger army then is possible for the defense force to muster kind of means there's zero point in ever keeping a garrison outside of surpressing revolts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose, playing the star trek mod, I should have expected the space bugle.

I did not. I did however find out that nuclear minefields are a solution the federation really should have tried.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

I suppose, playing the star trek mod, I should have expected the space bugle.

I did not. I did however find out that nuclear minefields are a solution the federation really should have tried.

They tried it against the dominion and it actually worked really well.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
RE: sectors colonising I'm playing an imperium of man playthrough that actually worked as a fanatic purifier because I immediately purged all the aliens near me early on, but the long story short is I have 4 huge sectors and they seem to colonise occasionally, not sure what the logic is though. Maybe they only colonise when certain conditions are met?

The Prethoryn Scourge then showed up which awakened the fallen xenophile empire in the north to crusade their way against the bugs.

They did jack poo poo while the bugs ate everyone to my east. At this point I had built up some forces so began to push back:

So then I eventually killed off enough of them that I don't give a gently caress anymore but they aren't "dead" yet, they must have a fleet somewhere in someone's empire that they aren't doing anything about.

Either way, that extra space would be so less frustrating in the next patch where I don't have to click through systems to terraform the scourge worlds that were cleansed. Managed it eventually though:

So I take some space off the dudes to my north because they are filthy xeno scum who attacked me about 200 years ago (I won) and I still harbour a grudge. Not long after that though the AE decides to finally do something about me and attacks:

Even with the 33% damage boost from the ascension perk that fight ends up in their favour, me limping away with a mere 120K fleet and them still in possession of 300K. Not to worry though as I rebuild faster and as you can see from the screenshot with an income of 1.5K mineral per month you can rebuild pretty quickly.

However, then the two dudes in a federation declared war on me too, so I gave up for tonight and decided I'm just going to have to deal with it all tomorrow or next week.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kitchner posted:

RE: sectors colonising I'm playing an imperium of man playthrough that actually worked as a fanatic purifier because I immediately purged all the aliens near me early on, but the long story short is I have 4 huge sectors and they seem to colonise occasionally, not sure what the logic is though. Maybe they only colonise when certain conditions are met?

The Prethoryn Scourge then showed up which awakened the fallen xenophile empire in the north to crusade their way against the bugs.

They did jack poo poo while the bugs ate everyone to my east. At this point I had built up some forces so began to push back:

So then I eventually killed off enough of them that I don't give a gently caress anymore but they aren't "dead" yet, they must have a fleet somewhere in someone's empire that they aren't doing anything about.

Either way, that extra space would be so less frustrating in the next patch where I don't have to click through systems to terraform the scourge worlds that were cleansed. Managed it eventually though:

So I take some space off the dudes to my north because they are filthy xeno scum who attacked me about 200 years ago (I won) and I still harbour a grudge. Not long after that though the AE decides to finally do something about me and attacks:

Even with the 33% damage boost from the ascension perk that fight ends up in their favour, me limping away with a mere 120K fleet and them still in possession of 300K. Not to worry though as I rebuild faster and as you can see from the screenshot with an income of 1.5K mineral per month you can rebuild pretty quickly.

However, then the two dudes in a federation declared war on me too, so I gave up for tonight and decided I'm just going to have to deal with it all tomorrow or next week.

The Imperium's faced worse odds than this and held out!

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

kaffo posted:

So I went in game to get a screenie for a "sweet rear end planet" then realised it while it was in my sector, the pops which could actually 100% it was in a different sector, which might be the issue? Not sure how the AI handles colonising with genetically modified versions of your main pops either, but apparently it's left all the planets which aren't cold as gently caress.

Here's some nice planets anyway, which I wish the AI would take, cos I have pops which can colonise either

That's exactly the issue; seed a colony with Pops that have a different climate preference and your sector should then start filling up those worlds.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I stopped playing a little after the last big expansion. Have pops started migrating properly again or are you still waiting for your other planets to fill and send them one by one?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Supposedly migration is getting a huge fix in the patch ten days from now, and will allow xenophile empires to start actually collecting refugees as well.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

Yadoppsi posted:

That's exactly the issue; seed a colony with Pops that have a different climate preference and your sector should then start filling up those worlds.

I'll need to give it a go and monitor it
I'll report back if anything interesting happens and I remember to try it

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I just hope at some point the AI stops building fleets large enough to bankrupt them. Kinda annoying mechanic to have your own fleet a bit over the cap with a larger fleet cap than your neighbors only to see one of them flying around with a fleet double that size.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Being a devouring swarm hive mind ain't easy. I'm right to be fielding fleets that are all armour/armour regen right? AI fleets really seem to hate using torpedoes, and that built in regen bonus is great.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

It would be nice if sectors offered you something...

The something is not grinding your game to a grinding halt with a monthly game pause to check the build orders of hundreds of planets or constantly having to ignore the cool poo poo happening because you have to maximize your apms like a StarCraft player. Sectors were always cool and good and only getting better, because gently caress micro when your empire is more than a handful of planets. I'll take less than optimal automation if it lets me rule space instead of embarking on an annoying microfest that a proper ruler would have delegated out.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
So finally dove into the new Star Trek mod version as Borg.

Playstyle is very Borg - you can't colonize. At all. But if you land troops on a planet, they will assimilate the inhabitants and the planet will flip to your full control immediately. You only get Unity through assimilating new species, and they cap quickly. You can build "unicomplex" super-habitats (10K minerals for the first wing, then 5K for up to 4 new wings) and start with one but drones have a 90% growth malus. Genetic engineering techs and a unicomplex-only "maturation chamber" building will help to address this, but basically you're a plague of locusts and have to expand or die. Luckily your ships are VERY good (lots of regeneration makes them very hard to kill) if expensive and slow to build.

I had assimilated a good part of the Delta quadrant and much of the Gamma quadrant (what do Borg Founders look like, anyway?) and was eyeballing an end-game trudge into the Klingons and Cardassians (the major powers of the Alpha quadrant) when all of a sudden the Borg Civil War crisis hit and randomly shat out 100K fleets all over my space when I had one fleet of 80K diamonds and 3 50K cubes (which maxed out my ~500 or so fleet cap)

Well, guess that was a good game.

(The mod message board mentions that there's an end-game superproject to build a Mega-Cube that is so ridiculously powerful it buffer overruns the AI's evaluation of your military power and makes the entire galaxy declare war on you because they think you have a fleet of 0.)

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 11, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

BurntCornMuffin posted:

The something is not grinding your game to a grinding halt with a monthly game pause to check the build orders of hundreds of planets or constantly having to ignore the cool poo poo happening because you have to maximize your apms like a StarCraft player. Sectors were always cool and good and only getting better, because gently caress micro when your empire is more than a handful of planets. I'll take less than optimal automation if it lets me rule space instead of embarking on an annoying microfest that a proper ruler would have delegated out.
There are other ways to gently caress micro.

The eponymous game of the genre hosed micro. Yet somehow people forget about that, and every game in the genre since has tried to make you Farming Overseer of a loving interstellar empire.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

BadOptics posted:

lol you build attachments, i just construct 128 droid armies and destroy everything with my steel army

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Truga posted:

lol you build attachments, i just construct 128 droid armies and destroy everything with my steel army

BadOptics posted:

??? I agree, there's no reason you shouldn't just spam armies and totally ignore attachments with the current system.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oops sorry I'm kinda sleepy and thought that was two separate posts for some reason :ughh:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Truga posted:

oops sorry I'm kinda sleepy and thought that was two separate posts for some reason :ughh:

No problem.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

BurntCornMuffin posted:

If micromanaging planets is bad, then why make micromanagement the primary focus of the early-game, forcing you to manually curate everything in your empire with even the most basic automation locked away behind techs? Why center entire game mechanics (like genetic enhancement, the centerpiece of the most widely-available Ascension path) around micromanaging pops and tiles? The entire game is built around a weird duality where micromanaging a few planets is cool and good and super important, but all the rest of your planets totally don't matter and you totally shouldn't mind having those mechanics arbitrarily locked away. If micro is undesirable, turn off micro for everything - don't make micro a clearly worse choice and then impose a limit so the player has to make tough decisions about what to micro.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
yikes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Main Paineframe posted:

If micromanaging planets is bad, then why make micromanagement the primary focus of the early-game, forcing you to manually curate everything in your empire with even the most basic automation locked away behind techs? Why center entire game mechanics (like genetic enhancement, the centerpiece of the most widely-available Ascension path) around micromanaging pops and tiles? The entire game is built around a weird duality where micromanaging a few planets is cool and good and super important, but all the rest of your planets totally don't matter and you totally shouldn't mind having those mechanics arbitrarily locked away. If micro is undesirable, turn off micro for everything - don't make micro a clearly worse choice and then impose a limit so the player has to make tough decisions about what to micro.

Use sectors dumbass

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BadOptics posted:

It kind of owns when you give your titanform alien beasts xeno-riding scouts from a fluff standpoint, but yeah invasions as they're currently done are just too terrible. I appreciate that I can give my psionic avatar a concrete pillbox to fire out of, but really.

As for the planet/sectors discussion, the first mod I downloaded made it so your planet cap is 1000, and I've never looked back. gently caress sectors and all that nonsense, give me direct control over every planet in my empire, I want to drown in micro. :circlefap:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Splicer posted:

QA Feedback: ??? That's a thing that exists? We assumed that was a filler box.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Main Paineframe posted:

Early game planet micro is fun, when you're hurting for every ounce and erg of minerals and energy and you've only a few guys, so it's all about making a few very important decisions. Mid- and late-game there's just too much going on to micro everything and that extra +1 minerals from putting that guy here instead of there isn't going to make a dent in your three or four digit mineral budget. What is weird is that, as you say, a bunch of extra planet micro unlocks after the effort/benefit ratio goes into the red.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 11, 2017

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I think what they were going for was to make pausing unecessary. The only way to play a multiplayer game of CK2/EU4/Stellaris is to set a slow game speed and let it run, you can't have everyone pausing every time a building is finished or a battle fought. You can micro your first 4-8 planets yourself without pausing, but 20 or 30? Everytime you unlocked the next level of power plants you'd lose 3 in game months just clicking through each planet & upgrading everything, and that's a task which doesn't require any though put into it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I used to huck everything into sectors, but then unity happened and I actually care about them building unique buildings now so that stopped happening. Apparently in 1.8 you can dip in and build uniques without spending influence

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The general issue is 'you're trusting an AI on about the same level as your opponents'.

The same AI that often leaves planets utterly undeveloped, or badly developed, despite having plenty to work with.

The same one that can only work on one thing per planet at a time-no access to queuing.

The issue rises further with any mods, of course, because the AI isn't exactly told about any new buildings or functions and thus can't use them effectively, if it uses them at all. Even proper management of orders like 'should I redevelop' can't escape the lack of trust.

It also gets weird with weird starts, of course.

I can think of a random example, but I'm not sure it's a fair one:

Military Academies, once available, are a pretty decent one-per-planet Science building-2 Social, 2 Engineering, in addition to boosts to army recruitment. The Basic Science Lab is +3. 1 Phys, Soc, Eng. Do you trust Sector AI, even a Sci-focused one, to build the Military Academy at all?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I started playing again a month or so ago and just finished my first complete win the other day. This one went on for a long, long time. I'm the Calyxthian Kingdom, the Avabbian Star League is the other half of my Federation.

The year is :siren:2952:siren:, and I only just got the Federation victory. At this point, the people in my empire think of the War in Heaven the way we think of the American Revolution.

That's 9 Ring Worlds, 1 Dyson Sphere (Blind Wanderer), a sentry array in the same system with a ringworld, and a Science Nexus in Padjitauron. God knows how many orbital habitats. It got like this because I was playing as a slow breeding main species which seriously hampered my growth early on, and it didn't help that I was constricted in my selection of habitable planets. I was playing with Xenophile and Spiritualist ethics, but I was also trying to please a significant pacifist faction within my Kingdom. I ended up forming migration treaties with everyone who asked and turned all the immigrants to more state approved modes of thought. I was weak for a long time, and the Avabbian Star League would have crushed me early on if I had been aggressive. They got an advanced start and were federation builder types, so they spent a lot of the game mopping up all the local assholes, leaving me as a pacifistic hermit kingdom. I didn't fight in any war at all until the War in Heaven started, and in that one I pretty much just stayed out of the way.

I joined the League of Unaligned Powers, since that seemed like the smart bet at the time. The two Awakened Empires were the Hann Falir Regulators to the Northeast on the Galactic map, and a spiritualist AE in the west that's now part of Qlorvinserian Interplanetary Combine (former Fanatic Purgers who have since moderated to be more run of the mill imperialistic assholes). I don't remember the name of the spiritualist AE, it happened a long time ago. The war didn't last for very long. the western AE wasn't able to pick up and followers and they awakened later than the Hann Falir, so they got crushed quickly. The Regulators quickly asked for white peace with the League of Unaligned Powers since both the Avabbian Star League and the initiator of the League (whose name I also can't remember, and who used to occupy the big honkin' Preythorin hole in the NW part of the galaxy) were pretty strong. Soon after the war ended I was voted out of the League of Unaligned Powers.

So I was left with a small corner of space, smaller even than my core systems in the second image. And the Avabbian Star League was also kicked out of the LoUP for some undoubtedly bad reason, so I was once again allowed to peacefully grow in their shade. It's around this time I start to build Orbital Habitats en masse, trying to build up my fleet strength and maintain my independence. The Preythorin's showed up in the territory of the original LoUP president in the NW. gently caress em', enjoy Bug Hell you high-toned dickweeds.

I ended up spending a few hundred years really pushing the limits of building tall. I built a ringworld without master builders, and then all the other megastructures with it. I periodically brought in some fleets to prune back the Preythorins. I was perfectly fine allowing them to divert resources for everyone else, but I didn't want them to become a true galactic threat. Eventually I reached a point were I still wasn't nearly as strong as the Avabbian Star League, but I was close enough that they were okay with forming a Federation despite me being a Fanatic Spiritualist Monarchy, and they being a Fanatic Materialist Democracy. That's the Federation that I won the game with.

They aren't really important to the history of the galaxy, but I'll mention it because I thought it was funny. There used to be a Xenophile Fallen Empire in the northwest, it's now part of the Buhavilla High Kingdom. The Elaminid(sp?) Ancients, starfish people. They spent like a 100 years with the Preythorins bombarding every single one of their worlds, but never quite losing any of them because my Periodic Preythorin Purges :toot: usually took care of any infesters or constructors around at the moment. When I finally decided that I was strong enough that I didn't need the Preythorins to keep kneecapping everyone else and requiring my attention, I sent some 600k combined fleet power between the Fed Fleet and my own fleet. Almost all of the remaining Preythorins were killed, including the ones laying a hundred year siege to the Super Safe Preservation Planet where my pop would have been Totally Safe We Promise if I had sent them there. As soon as they built up like 50k fleet strength they declared war on the Buhavilla High Kingdom and lost their freedom for their troubles. :shepface:

After that things were pretty orderly. I constantly declared liberation wars benefiting either myself or the Avabbian Star League, slowly expanding my territory, and building more ring worlds. The Hann Falir still had a couple of subordinates in the last few years I played, so I decided I could fight the Hann Falir to free them and maybe vassalize them. The last real battle of the game started with the combined Hann Falir fleet of 950k facing off against the Federation Fleet with somewhere north of 1 million fleet strength. After several minutes of horrible chugging brawling my own 1 million fleet strength stack arrived, and the federation fleet bailed (I wasn't the president). It didn't matter anyway, the whole Hann Falir Fleet was destroyed, and I lost only 150k~. I freed the Hann Falir vassals, but wasn't able to vassalize them myself because late during the war the old League of Unaligned Powers declared war on my federation. I was able to liberate a few human planets (including Alpha Centauri) out of that war, and that was when my Federation hit 60% control of the map and won.

I wouldn't let a game go on that long again, but it was still fun. I'm going back to just deciding when I've "won" for any future games I play. Still this was an interesting one for me.

edit: There was one more Fallen Empire, but I almost completely forgot about them. The Jogolwa Shard was in the southwest part of Avabbian Territory. they war dec'd the Qlorvinserians long before any of them had awoken, lost most of their fleets, and were conquered by the Avabbians immediately afterward. I didn't become reliably stronger than everyone else until like the 2800's, and I never quite got caught up in tech.

edit2: My species had the venerable trait, so in all I had only 3 queens (one of whom ruled for like 20 years) and 1 king in all that time.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 11, 2017

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Do you trust Sector AI, even a Sci-focused one, to build the Military Academy at all?

No, but that's not the point. By the time I'm using sectors, I have enough science income to not give any fucks. Those +2's are small beans when you already have dozens to hundreds in science income.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Splicer posted:

Early game planet micro is fun, when you're hurting for every ounce and erg of minerals and energy and you've only a few guys, so it's all about making a few very important decisions. Mid- and late-game there's just too much going on to micro everything and that extra +1 minerals from putting that guy here instead of there isn't going to make a dent in your three or four digit mineral budget. What is weird is that, as you say, a bunch of extra planet micro unlocks after the effort/benefit ratio goes into the red.

Minerals are fine, but energy stays pretty important through most of the game, enough that I actually notice the hit to energy when I put a bunch of planets into sectors, especially now that I'm running over my fleet cap more regularly. There's things like unity, too - the AI will happily steamroll all your temples and turn them into farms if you let it redevelop, and it seems to have about a 75% chance of totally ignoring unique resources like alien pets and building a mine or something there instead. I wouldn't mind sectors if they weren't awful, but it's kind of jarring that you spend the first chunk of the game carefully optimizing your planets, and then all of a sudden you have to go let the AI tear that all apart. What's the point of making every planet feel unique when the game's going to eventually force you to chuck them in a generic bin and never look at them again?

Nevets posted:

I think what they were going for was to make pausing unecessary. The only way to play a multiplayer game of CK2/EU4/Stellaris is to set a slow game speed and let it run, you can't have everyone pausing every time a building is finished or a battle fought. You can micro your first 4-8 planets yourself without pausing, but 20 or 30? Everytime you unlocked the next level of power plants you'd lose 3 in game months just clicking through each planet & upgrading everything, and that's a task which doesn't require any though put into it.

Sure, but the problem there is that the micromanagement just sucks, period. For example, why should we have to click the upgrade button on the Planetary Administration, wait however many months for it to finish, and then come back and click the upgrade button on every single building on the planet since they're all eligible for upgrades now? That's not something that's fun and reasonable, no matter how few planets you have.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Military academies and Fleet academies still give you a percentage bonuses to the performance of your combat units. That's what really makes them useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anyone else have a hell of a time trying to figure out what to play as? I just kinda stare at all the options in the empire designer and just space out.

• Locked thread