Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't seen any Marathon references in D2 so far. I think that's finally done with. :(

Finish the MIDA Multi-Tool quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Finish the MIDA Multi-Tool quest.

Is there a quest for MIDA? I'll get on that one asap then. Is the Mini Tool a random drop?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there a quest for MIDA? I'll get on that one asap then. Is the Mini Tool a random drop?

yes.
No its not a random drop.
you get the mini tool for finishing the quest. and the multi tool for continuing and finishing the other steps of the questsline

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Finished the main story and got the skull of dire ahamkara as my reward. I feel like I really lucked out, it seems one of the better void exotics!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

BTW I didn't mention it but I love how Ghaul shouts the game's tagline at you right before you fight him. It's just so silly.

Yea, that was humorous. From that point you know Ghaul was ready to do a failed standup comedy, instead of ascending to godhood.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"I haven't done the nightfall but I think it'll be easy and it's bullshit that two random people won't whisk me away to get it done in matchmaking in the first week" is loving lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tei posted:

Yea, that was humorous. From that point you know Ghaul was ready to do a failed standup comedy, instead of ascending to godhood.

I feel like the plot would have been way better if Ghaul actually repents, gets killed by his buddy angry he won't get revenge, you fight him instead, then Ghaul gets accepted as a Guardian and that's setup for Destiny 3 or whatever. As it is it's sort of just "ok well whatever I guess I murdered the few hundred other Cabal ships in between the final boss and that last cutscene".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is hilarious to do pvp just now, with the infusion of lots of new players and the mmr ranges reset.

I am not some pvp genius, but the 4 games I played we absolutely destroyed the opposition.

Getting heavy ammo is kind of easy, so you do a number of kills with the blade or rockets if you want to.

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel like the plot would have been way better if Ghaul actually repents, gets killed by his buddy angry he won't get revenge, you fight him instead, then Ghaul gets accepted as a Guardian and that's setup for Destiny 3 or whatever. As it is it's sort of just "ok well whatever I guess I murdered the few hundred other Cabal ships in between the final boss and that last cutscene".

Theres a Cabal spirit in all the unlock subclass missions. is weird. I guest it means nothing.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 11, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Can someone present me an argument on why pvp is bad that doesn't involve "its harder to solo queue?"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Javes posted:

Can someone present me an argument on why pvp is bad that doesn't involve "its harder to solo queue?"

That's why it sucks and needs to be fixed asap though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/hMs5d8Q.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/48WiE68.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/OK0AWFh.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think I finally figured it out

It's like the issue where punching in someone's bubble would cause the bubbler to go flying

I think this is the same thing but with shouldercharge and me being in between wintrr and the knight

I love that knights have capes now btw

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure Ghaul said "ew, cooties" when I ran up to him to try and ground pound him. Then he pushed me away.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, as it stands right now it's less "dude learns the meaning of being a guardian" and more "dude is super salty about not being noticed by Giant Orb-sempai". I liked the very ending but eh

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Can't wait until trials hits and one of its rewards are stability and range mods for guns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't want no fukken aliens as guardians

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x3KX8g00kCQ

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So hey where's Eris

Where's Eris at?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

She peaced out when she sensed Ghaul coming, boy is her face gonna be red once she finds out we punked his rear end.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

So hey where's Eris

Where's Eris at?

Probably realized the hive are way cooler than us and crawled into a dark hole to hang out with them. So check the moon.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish instead of building a sherpa mode for the normal raid, they'd put together a tourist mode or something where they cut out (or made optional, like heroic pub events) a bunch of mechanics and kept the difficulty on par with strikes. Make the rewards bad (maybe the final boss of tourist mode drops the same power level gear as the first encounter of regular), let it backfill with no weekly lockout or something.

That way people who just want to low-stress shoot the final boss in the face for a few minutes to see their character make Crota explode or whatever can stop bugging progression raiders for carries, and the progression guys can stop telling us all we're dumb for thinking matchmaking would be fine, when we know it won't.

Basically, I'd love to see the raids and go on these big crafted adventures, but I'm too old and time-strapped to burn a night failing at video games and I'm not sure Sherpa mode is going to solve the problem that actually exists for a lot of people.

Stop trying to find ways to fit the bads into the nice house. Just build us a bad house to live in.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a feeling Eris is going to pull a Kerrigan and become more hive ish

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
So do the clan rosters just not show up in game or is something hosed on my side?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

de_dust posted:

Anyone else experiencing loooots of crashes and console freeze ups while playing on a PS4 pro?

And could I get a clan invite? :shobon:

PSN - Erronae

Shot you an invite to Bigg Dumbb on bungie.net

suddenlyissoon posted:

So do the clan rosters just not show up in game or is something hosed on my side?

It's currently disabled by Bungie/broken. Not a problem on your end.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 11, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

Probably realized the hive are way cooler than us and crawled into a dark hole to hang out with them. So check the moon.

The game mentions Oryx's sisters a couple times so sadly we're probably gunna get another Hive based expansion

Also it seems likely Variks/Queen/Douchebag brother have taken over the Fallen, so hopefully it's Variks and dumb brother died off screen.

suddenlyissoon posted:

Yeah they don't work for anyone yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Eris probably hosed off to the reef with the remaining exo exiles
How many loose threads/expansion hooks are there? Off the top of my head there's the fallen on the edz who are from a house the guardians have never heard of, the Cabal emperor/leviathan and whatever dumb repetitive bullshit the hive are doing that will just award us the same buglike fishbowl like armor and weapons
And I think the vex are trying to turn nessus into a machine but that's just business as usual

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I was playing a bunch of the timed events in the EDZ last night and it got me wondering about how the game handles players in the open areas. I would check the roster from time to time and sometimes there'd be 4 or 5 people in the area, but other times I'd be the only person in the area. I couldn't figure out the flow to it, because I could do 2 or 3 heroic events with a bunch of people and then follow that up with 2-3 where I'm the only person around. I wonder if I'd be better off loading out to orbit and back in to find people or if that wouldn't actually affect anything.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Kinda hilarious that the post credits stinger from this game is still using assets from what was supposed to be in vanilla D1.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jolo posted:

I was playing a bunch of the timed events in the EDZ last night and it got me wondering about how the game handles players in the open areas. I would check the roster from time to time and sometimes there'd be 4 or 5 people in the area, but other times I'd be the only person in the area. I couldn't figure out the flow to it, because I could do 2 or 3 heroic events with a bunch of people and then follow that up with 2-3 where I'm the only person around. I wonder if I'd be better off loading out to orbit and back in to find people or if that wouldn't actually affect anything.

When that happens I usually just peace out to a different planet to try and do heroics there and come back later.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I have a feeling Eris is going to pull a Kerrigan and become more hive ish

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6heh6e/eris_morn_is_savathun_sister_of_oryx/

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh right there's also the pyramidal ships which I hope aren't hive related

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this was the absolute best way to win a game of crucible

https://twitter.com/SlapnutsSA/status/907029254298390529

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

Oh right there's also the pyramidal ships which I hope aren't hive related

:psyduck:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Calaveron posted:

Eris probably hosed off to the reef with the remaining exo exiles
How many loose threads/expansion hooks are there?

One for every race, pretty much. On Earth you have the unknown Fallen house and the remains of the Cabal. On Titan you have the Hive and Savathun. On Nessus you have the Vex and the lead-in to the raid. On Io you have Quria and Taken shenanigans reminding us how the Vex and the Hive/Taken are connected. And there are all the side stories about race X interacting with race Y and creating a new crisis. And there's the post-credits galactic threat which probably won't show up until Destiny 3.

Also on Io is the active Warmind network which will be part of expansion 2.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Javes posted:

It's 2017 and a 4v4 game doesn't have a solo-only queue. lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bard Maddox posted:

this was the absolute best way to win a game of crucible

https://twitter.com/SlapnutsSA/status/907029254298390529

I stand back, admiring this post over a cup of coffee, sipping. I nod sagely, agreeing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This game owns
I got anime mech legs for my titan

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Was there ever a reason for the Taken to show up? At least for the fallen/vex/hive you are traveling to places where they already were living. For the Taken they jump around space and are normally more directed I thought.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Jolo posted:

Same situation here. I figure it's either my network, Bungie's network, the Playstation Network's network, or a bug in Destiny 2.

I've just started doing Strikes instead, which match pretty quickly and stay connected when the game isn't randomly crashing with CE-42069 errors. I wind up with a better loot:time ratio than the crapshoot of: heroic public event, normal public event because there aren't enough people/the heroic objective is too obtuse/pubbies suck, or solo public event because everyone has vanished except that one guy who looks like he's on the event about to spawn but then flies away 10 seconds before it starts.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I have never gotten anything but random garbage blues from vanguard strikes. They don't really seem worthwhile for the time it takes to do them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Norns posted:

This game owns
I got anime mech legs for my titan

... wait what