Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Can't wait to replay this on the SNES Mini :allears:

Good luck obtaining one in Christmas suburban mom mall Thunderdome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Preordered one. Australia rules. US dr00lz :smuggo:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"more copies of Wonder Boy [were sold] on the Switch than the three other platforms we released on combined"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Preordered one. Australia rules. US dr00lz :smuggo:

Hmm, I see.

*buys uncensored games for chump change* :911:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Uh I don't think a lot of kids will want a 30 year old console for Christmas.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Elman posted:

Uh I don't think a lot of kids will want a 30 year old console for Christmas.

My 6 year old nephew absolutely wanted a NES mini but when they couldn't find one his parents promised they would get him a switch in stead

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lakbay posted:

My 6 year old nephew absolutely wanted a NES mini but when they couldn't find one his parents promised they would get him a switch in stead

The switch was probably cheaper once them shits hit eBay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bodes very well for indie devs who are on the fence about putting stuff on Switch. Have a feeling stuff like Indivisible will sell really well on the Switch, too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/906303960436191233

DLC Inc posted:

bodes very well for indie devs who are on the fence about putting stuff on Switch. Have a feeling stuff like Indivisible will sell really well on the Switch, too.

There's always a big window of opportunity for indie games whenever a new system launches, usually because of a lack of big AAA games. PS4 did the exact same thing for the first couple years where it was The indie gaming system and then it started getting its AAA games and now Octodad isn't on E3 stages anymore. Gotta get 'em before it's too late I guess!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i didn't even realize this was supposed to be crying until like 20 years after i first played it, i always heard it as mario yelling EGG!!

Nawwwwww

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I didn't even realise it came out on other platforms.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Policenaut posted:

There's always a big window of opportunity for indie games whenever a new system launches, usually because of a lack of big AAA games. PS4 did the exact same thing for the first couple years where it was The indie gaming system and then it started getting its AAA games and now Octodad isn't on E3 stages anymore. Gotta get 'em before it's too late I guess!

I think the lack of prominent indie games in the last couple of Sony keynotes is more because of No Man's Sky's moment in the spotlight.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ghostwritingduck posted:

How far did you get? For example, Luigi's overwatch was a go to move until World Three where it didn't work on multiple enemies.

Beat it with perfects on everything but the world 4 midboss and boss. Didn't bother keep going for all challenges or going back to replay anything.

Kaubocks posted:

this video is a pretty good representation of people who act as though the baby mario cry somehow makes yoshis island a bad game

It doesn't make it a bad game, but it also makes it not a perfect one.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

NRVNQSR posted:

I think the lack of prominent indie games in the last couple of Sony keynotes is more because of No Man's Sky's moment in the spotlight.

No it's really just that we're all desperate for games and scream "portability" over and over when we cry alone in the shower

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Infinitum posted:

Can't wait to replay this on the SNES Mini :allears:

I hope you and your white blowing adventure go to hell.

WELP I spelled whistle white. That's neat.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 11, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

NRVNQSR posted:

Nah. Dude nailed it.

The first like 40 games on a new console are going to slay every time. Knack and Rome cleaned up on PS4 and Xbone and those games are objectively poo poo. Now that PS4 has like 70,000 titles on it you have to have killer word of mouth to even get an indie to sell.

And on PS VR the shovelware during the first six months did huge numbers. If you can publish before the big AAA titles start rolling out on a new system/peripheral you're basically printing money.

Which leads me to me not buying RIME on PS4 because it was announced that it would be on the Switch but now I've pretty much lost interest because the big titles are rolling out. loving RIME devs, what's taking so long? That game would have made a trillion dollars if it came out between kart and Splatoon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rumors were true, Direct incoming

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/907242638322970625

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

45 minutes? H*ck yeah let's see dem games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

40 minutes of Mario Odyssey, 5 minutes of 3DS games we already knew about

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I'm doing my best to not look at mario odyssey at all

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
44:40 minutes of Odyssey, 20 seconds of Shiggy looking directly at the camera and telling whatley that SMW is never coming out on the switch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update on Pokémon Switch when??

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
40 minutes of Super Mario World Mania, where they explore the "what if..." concept of a 2D mario coming out on the N64.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

42 Minutes of Reggie doing bikram yoga, 3 minutes of Samus Returns gameplay.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Switch Fit with Wiimote compatibility when?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
45 minutes of super Mario world x Stardew and then the fade out is logo for Mario golf story 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Switch/3DS is not them saying they will show both, they're announcing the hybrid switchds

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'll keep hoping beyond hope that they'll announce a Monster Hunter XX western release.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If Nintendo announced that if you buy a second Switch and you can use it as a tablet to control the Switch docked with your TV and all the 3DS and Wii U games will become Switch games I'm pretty sure I'd buy it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"We'd like to announce 3 WiiU ports coming in the next 3 months: Bayonetta 1+2, DKC Tropical Freeze, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Thank you, now enjoy 44 minutes of Mario jazz."

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

DLC Inc posted:

"We'd like to announce 3 WiiU ports coming in the next 3 months: Bayonetta 1+2, DKC Tropical Freeze, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Thank you, now enjoy 44 minutes of Mario jazz."

Man I would loving love this.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Still being new to how Nintendo handles these things: What are the chances we see something we did not know about?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I doubt we'd see anything new. I'm guessing it'll be all holiday titles such as Mario and Xenoblade. Expect a Direct closer to the end of the year for 2018 offerings.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
1 minute of Super Mario Odyssey, 44 of upcoming TurboGrafx-16 games for the Wii U Virtual Console

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

1 minute of Super Mario Odyssey, 44 of upcoming TurboGrafx-16 games for the Wii U Virtual Console

I support this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GreenNight posted:

I doubt we'd see anything new. I'm guessing it'll be all holiday titles such as Mario and Xenoblade. Expect a Direct closer to the end of the year for 2018 offerings.

If we do get any surprises, they'll be digital eShop releases. Logistically speaking, their retail plans have gotta been locked in at this point for the next three months or so just to get Mario and Xenoblade ready, along with more consoles on shelves.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Wow I can't believe they'd do something as sensible and good as giving all 200 people who registered Wii U games on Club Nintendo codes for the Switch ports of whatever they had registered.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm really impressed with their 'one big game per month' strategy with Directs announcing the schedule months in advance. It's much better than getting word from individual publishers game-by-game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm looking forward to Nintendo's Virtual Console Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Please, call it NESflix

• Locked thread