Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Four mana to play and equip is a lot, and that's before you also want a creature with evasion. I'd have to play it, but it would also depend a LOT on the deck that's built around it, so even playtesting might not go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Count Bleck posted:

Too powerful for standard.

Is there any Legendary lands that are being played now? All the new legendary lands don't count as a land drop so it's not like you would be setting someone back a turn. Alternatively you could make a global enchantment that makes all Legendary Lands basic of a certain type or a targeted enchantment like Spreading Seas.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Four mana to play and equip is a lot, and that's before you also want a creature with evasion. I'd have to play it, but it would also depend a LOT on the deck that's built around it, so even playtesting might not go anywhere.

I guess the question is, has explosive vegetation been worth it in recent standards?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Four mana and a bunch of hoops to jump through is not a good rate considering that Gilded Lotus exists.

Like yes maybe it's a thing in EDH but it's still a lot of work for what it's doing.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Also, I love Kjeldoran Outpost but this is not the Tabernacle I wanted. WHY DOES GREEN GET GAEA'S CRADLE

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope red gets Mishra's workshop.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This seems pretty close to red's equivalent of Awakening Zone

Awakening Zone loving rules and so does this

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shocked that this isn't a five-mana rare. I can't think of many red enchantments that aren't rare TBH.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

That's super cool and I could see building around it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That white enchantment/land looks like a 1-2 of in Norin Sisters for the funsies. Potentially better Kher Keep? Sure.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
T1 Sigarda's Aid
T2 Invisible Stalker
T3 Dowsing Dagger -> profit

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Archenteron posted:

That white enchantment/land looks like a 1-2 of in Norin Sisters for the funsies. Potentially better Kher Keep? Sure.

I think whats left of modern BW tokens is probably in on it too

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sit on my Facebook posted:

T1 Sigarda's Aid
T2 Invisible Stalker
T3 Dowsing Dagger -> profit

are you seth

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really appreciate wotc having a nice finished page for iconic masters with a bunch of links to a card image gallery no one bothered to put up

GoutPatrol posted:

are you seth
probably better known as saaaaaphroneolivveee

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I know I just posted that MTGO has good stuff on it. From the bug blog:

quote:

Phyrexian Metamorph costs 4 with Trinisphere in play.

HOW AND WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN

quote:

Oubliette getting destroyed causes the game to soft lock.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 11, 2017

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DariusLikewise posted:

They should print a LD card in this set like

1RR
Destroy target legendary land

We don't want players to feel bad about losing their cards after putting so much effort into them.

<Prints Emrakul without planning on printing any graveyard hate for a year>

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

uPen posted:

We don't want players to feel bad about losing their cards after putting so much effort into them.

<Prints Emrakul without planning on printing any graveyard hate for a year>

Yeah grave hate is pretty mediocre vs. Emrakul

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

GoutPatrol posted:

I know I just posted that MTGO has good stuff on it. From the bug blog:

HOW AND WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN

It happens because MTGO is built on a shambles of spaghetti code where tons of things that were never accounted for in the original design have to be hacked in on a card-by-card basis instead of just following automatically from global rules.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

GoutPatrol posted:

are you seth

You couldn't tell, but I pronounced it "Sigrada's Aids" and "Drowsy Dagger"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

sit on my Facebook posted:

You couldn't tell, but I pronounced it "Sigrada's Aids" and "Drowsy Dagger"

I prefer the term "Sleepy Knife".

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/iconic-masters-release-notes-2017-09-11

(on Magus of the Moon)

quote:

If a nonbasic land has an ability that applies "as [this land] enters the battlefield" or that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped or with counters, the land will lose that ability before it applies. This is a change from previous rules.
If a nonbasic land has an ability that triggers "when" it enters the battlefield, it will lose that ability before it triggers.

some examples: dark depths etbs with 0 counters if there's a blood moon out now, and steam vents etbs untapped in the same circumstance

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Elyv posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/iconic-masters-release-notes-2017-09-11

(on Magus of the Moon)

some examples: dark depths etbs with 0 counters if there's a blood moon out now, and steam vents etbs untapped in the same circumstance

Is dark depths a 20/20 mountain?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

(on Magus of the Moon)

Time to run Dark Depths in my mono red edh decks.

Go on blow my Blood Moon up I loving dare you.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Moon Depths is going to be a deck now, isn't it?

EDIT: I'm dumb.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So probably because of Arcane Adaptation? http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/arcane-adaptation/

https://twitter.com/EliShffrn/status/907274042490609664

Because otherwise with Arcane Adaptation in play a creature card would be X in your hand, X on the stack, X in play, but not X when it ETBs.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't the payoff a repeatable token generator?

oh yea i had that card confused with the lotus vale card, my bad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

(on Magus of the Moon)

Moonisphere already boards 4 Chaos Warp in Legacy, right?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Full spoiler up , I might be too late but whatever.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/iconic-masters

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

uninverted posted:

Gosh I hope so

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Elyv posted:

(on Magus of the Moon)

Quasi-related, but does Solemnity cause Dark Depths to enter with 0 counters?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ManMythLegend posted:

Quasi-related, but does Solemnity cause Dark Depths to enter with 0 counters?

Yes, this works exactly how you want it to

other fun things: locking people out of the game with decree of silence or glacial chasm

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

uninverted posted:

EDIT: I'm dumb.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16796&f=LE

Move the Chaos Warps MD, add a couple Depths and you're off to the races

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Iconic Masters looks fun, and I'm definitely planning on proactively trying to find more than one draft of it. However, wasn't there a point when we thought Auriok Champion and Serra Ascendant were both uncommon? :sigh:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You mean was there a point where people couldn't tell the hologram meant it was a rare?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Elyv posted:

(on Magus of the Moon)

The middle of a lengthy list of notes on cards we've een before seems like an odd place to announce a functional change. I mean, not a surprising one given who's doing it, but still.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Spiderdrake posted:

You mean was there a point where people couldn't tell the hologram meant it was a rare?

Yes, a man can dream.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to build Moon Depths.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Oh man cannot wait to draft fat moti and earth elementals in the same deck. Party like its 1995 all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

That iconic card, Tavern Swindler.