Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well gently caress I just got scammed because someone got into my MS account despite having 2FA on and bought £85 worth of Madden poo poo because I was dumb enough to still have my PayPal attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Well gently caress I just got scammed because someone got into my MS account despite having 2FA on and bought £85 worth of Madden poo poo because I was dumb enough to still have my PayPal attached.

At least it should be easy to get a chargeback once you send them a .jpg of your purchase history.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

thats pretty poo poo, is there any recourse for getting it back?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

imagine how much pressure was on the people who developed metroid prime. its been 8 years since the last game in the franchise, you have to live up to an all time classic like super metroid, AND you are replacing the traditional 2D perspective with a 3D one, a move sure to piss people off. they had to deliver a perfect game and they did it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sat waiting for chat because I can't get into my account at all right now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

babypolis posted:

imagine how much pressure was on the people who developed metroid prime. its been 8 years since the last game in the franchise, you have to live up to an all time classic like super metroid, AND you are replacing the traditional 2D perspective with a 3D one, a move sure to piss people off. they had to deliver a perfect game and they did it

I think I read Retro was apparently kind a bad dev up to that point but Nintendo helped get the best out of them I guess

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sat waiting for chat because I can't get into my account at all right now.

Ha you've been owned.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really on the mood orv I'm poor and that's a lot of money I don't have to pay my bills so just gently caress off

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
That sucks on a fat load, man. I'm sure you'll get your money back if you hassle them enough, just keep your transaction history handy.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You gotta call them and say why would I even own a madden game, I'm British!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
TIL that if you say the n-word in a non racial context it's not racist

this is gonna be a fun week :dance:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

TIL that if you say the n-word in a non racial context it's not racist

this is gonna be a fun week :dance:

What?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm saying it's actually cool to spout racial slurs as long as it's not directed at somebody of a different race. That's why I'm literally skipping around my workplace singing every slur I know.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the common justification people are using to excuse pewds. basically if you aren't using a racial slur against people of that race, it's okay even if you're saying it as an insult

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

I'm saying it's actually cool to spout racial slurs as long as it's not directed at somebody of a different race. That's why I'm literally skipping around my workplace singing every slur I know.

That sounds bad

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

the common justification people are using to excuse pewds. basically if you aren't using a racial slur against people of that race, it's okay even if you're saying it as an insult

I don't think that this works out

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

littleorv posted:

That sounds bad

Yeah I can't hold a tune worth poo poo but it's the intent that matters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

these days, it seems like "gamer" is a slur...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

dogsicle posted:

*nods bowserly*

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

oddium posted:

It's why I refuse to watch the hit anime of this season "Gamers!" because I don't want to be offended

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to set off a bomb somewhere in new york if you don't go down to the nintendo world store and stand around wearing a sandwich board reading "I HATE GAMERS"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[crowd chanting "gamers did 9/11]

looks like that's my cue, to warp whistle out of here that is

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to hate Nintendo until I can find a snes classic somewhere

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
do you see a sign here that says "dead gamer storage?!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

you laugh at me because i'm different. i laugh at you because i've beaten emerald weapon in well under the time limit

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[whilst being burned on the stake for not taking off my N7 hoodie]

i regret that i did not pick up an extra life to lose for gamerkind

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

RT this picture of mario if you support gamer's rights

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I did not know the first case of Dual Destinies with the bomb guy was originally supposed to be in the original GBA Phoenix Wright but they took it out because 9/11

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

9/11 was responsible for many mid-2000s FPSes becoming Iraq war propaganda milsims so in a sense the terrorists did harm video games for years to come.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MGS2 is the best game with post-9/11 commentary despite coming out just 2 months after

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I was at a Gamer March once. The police used the fire hoses on us. Not for crowd control, but just because of the smell.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

idiot sunday school teacher: there are no video games on heaven

jesus walks through door with a powerglove, and iwata: you wanna try that again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

*extremely uncool teacher holding up paper with the words Gamer and Gamma*
I use Gamma all the time

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been to the mountain tops and have seen the promised land. A land where gamers and normies can live together in peace and tranquility. A place where a man is not judged by the lack of video game consoles but by the quality of their character

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the most important gamer is still fighting the good fight.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my characters are always high quality and have angel wings

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now I ain't saying she's a gold farmer
But she ain't messing with no broke gamer

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

gamer with the hard r

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the most important gamer is still fighting the good fight.

Each miniature controller represents a gamer who will never get to game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Each miniature controller represents a gamer who will never get to game.
For sale: Xbox One, never played.

• Locked thread