Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if Rasputin wounding the traveler to keep it from running away bunk, what really is Rasputin's deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Calaveron posted:

So if Rasputin wounding the traveler to keep it from running away bunk, what really is Rasputin's deal

I thought there was a plan for Rasputin to keep the traveler from leaving and it bluffed the Traveler into staying.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Holy poo poo, once you beat this thing it just kinda vomits purple poo poo at you doesn't it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JacksLibido posted:

I thought there was a plan for Rasputin to keep the traveler from leaving and it bluffed the Traveler into staying.

The grimoire card said that he formed a plan and was willing and able to do it but stops short of saying he actually did. It's entirely intentional that what happened is unclear.

Calaveron posted:

I thought the goo in Io was Vex goo

The bright white damaging stuff on Nessus is vex goo, the blue stuff shining out of the ground on Io seems to be different.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 11, 2017

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

haveblue posted:

The bright white damaging stuff on Nessus is vex goo, the blue stuff shining out of the ground on Io seems to be different.

Yeah, I guess it's supposed to be energy that was left from when the Traveler was still on Io.

Side question, is it just me or is Hard Light super useful in this game? I really like being able to change damage types on the fly, and still stick with whichever subclass I'm in the mood for.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
^^
Hard Light is really good, easily the best exotic weapon I've found so far.

haveblue posted:

Helpful Exposition Ghost says it's traveler energy during the first story mission on Io iirc.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 11, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a recommended titan build for Crucible? I really hate how most people can just keep jumping and it becomes really hard to hit them with my Arc/Shield shoulder charger.

I'm still learning the maps but it's almost counter productive for me to Super unless I get the ambush on people.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

:siren:ATTENTION RASPUTIN STANS:siren:

IN GAME IN DESTINY 2 IT LITERALLY SAYS THE TRAVELLER CHOSE TO STAY, SORRY ABOUT YOUR FAKE LORE CAUSED BY IDIOTS ON REDDIT WHO GOT A 450 ON THE SAT VERBAL PORTION

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sucks that we made all those "Hard Light is a good gun" jokes in D1 and now Hard Light is a good gun

Like Bernie fuckin twisted time and space so he could be able to use his weapon in peace

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

IN GAME IN DESTINY 2 IT LITERALLY SAYS THE TRAVELLER CHOSE TO STAY, SORRY ABOUT YOUR FAKE LORE CAUSED BY IDIOTS ON REDDIT WHO GOT A 450 ON THE SAT VERBAL PORTION

Is that low or high I don't even know

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It was a pretty reasonable assumption before D2 came out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RBA Starblade posted:

It was a pretty reasonable assumption before D2 came out.

Actually it wasn't, hth

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Do the milestones refresh daily? Only have 2 lovely crucible ones so gently caress that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remind me of the context of the "choose" line? I remember that that happened but not specifics. I think at the time I wrote it off as a character speculating without necessarily being right (since the game also hammers on the idea that the Traveler has been silent all this time and doesn't ever communicate to anyone).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also Failsafe has a random voice clip stating that all guardians are dead. We are literally murder zombies.

Maybe that's why we lost our voice.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

screech on the beach posted:

Do the milestones refresh daily? Only have 2 lovely crucible ones so gently caress that.

That's the daily minor challenges one yeah. I presume there are weekly ones too, like do the nightfall

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

screech on the beach posted:

They reset weekly.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If guardians are dead why did mine have to poop so bad after sleeping in that crater for two days

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Around 260 or so I got out of Strikes and ventured into the world aka EDZ. Around 262 I got a pretty legit sword and started to use it. 8 hours later I had yet to run out of power ammo for more than 2-3min max at a time. I've heard power ammo has a super high drop rate at the moment but goddamn I was Kill Billing everything with no repercussions aside from the greedy death now and then. Both yellow colors always drop PA if I'm not mistaken but I was getting 85% PA drop rates, often 2 from one regular mob consistently, and by consistently I mean it never loving stopped.

I don't have the perk Tireless Mind perk either nor do I think any perk or mod on my armor/weapons is contributing to the showering of purple boxes.

Unless I'm missing something I'd imagine this will be nerfed so do it up while you can. At 273 EDZ reds are 1 shot, dark yellows 2-3, named 10+ but as long as you jump back when they start the animation for whatever their knock back skill is, you're good. I didn't see a single other person using a sword exclusively in that entire 8 hours either.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
When Eris was saying something about her queen at the end of TTK she was probably talking about Savathun!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The whole rasputin/traveller/darkness fight arc shows how Rasputin thought he was actually smarter than the dumb traveller, in fact so much smarter that it he could make a plan to keep it around serving humanity should it ever try and bail.

Then he saw the darkness show up and kick everyone's rear end so hard that he said "whoa fuuuuckkkk thisssss." He realized there was a ton more to the universe that he hadn't figured out, so he cancelled all his actions and went into deep hibernation to sort out everything.

There's a grimoire card that specifically references his awe of the travelers power (and how much he's learned from it even if he can't duplicate it yet) and how even with all that the darkness rolled it.

If something has enough power to nuke the traveller and force Rasputin to completely shrug off his directives, it's extremely bad to try and read between the lines that Rasputin was able to actually puppetmaster the traveler into staying around in the middle of all of it. Also if he crippled the traveller, why would he be impressed by the darkness taking it out?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who said, was it the intro or one of the NPCs?

e: oh you made another post haha

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Who said, was it the intro or one of the NPCs?

e: oh you made another post haha

It's in a cutscene at near the end of the campaign iirc

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 11, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the traveller actually being a big selfish orb thats mostly concerned with its own survival makes a lot of sense since the traveller is Durandal

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dumb opinion time. I would totally read a Destiny novel.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The speaker was a bitch and I'm not sure how is mask falling off killed him

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

moist turtleneck posted:

Turns out that was actually his face.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's in a cutscene at the end of the campaign

thanks

moist turtleneck posted:

He was the mask riding around on a robot body (robody)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Speaker died from that fall? That has to be the lamest way Sean Bean has died.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I know all British people sound the same but that's not Sean Bean.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Flavahbeast posted:

the traveller actually being a big selfish orb thats mostly concerned with its own survival makes a lot of sense since the traveller is Durandal

Marathon is now officially a parallel universe to Destiny (see the MIDA lore tab). Although I did get a big kick out of the Io warmind being named Joyeuse.

The Rasputin theory is appealing because it fills in a big gap in the story- why did the Traveler sacrifice itself for Earth when it preferred to run every other time? There is no other offered explanation for this.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 11, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spoiler tags my dudes, spoiler tags.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

I know all British people sound the same but that's not Sean Bean.

You're right, it's Bill Nighy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

Durandal is a busta that can only steal ships, Cortana is the popular AI because she got boobs.

boobs > dreadnaught

Serf
May 5, 2011

I was down on Io at first but after spending some time there doing the adventures I've come to like it. The craggy geometry and neat giant trees are cool.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
not to be confused with Bill Nye the science guy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Marathon is now officially a parallel universe to Destiny (see the MIDA lore tab). Although I did get a big kick out of the Io warmind being named Joyeuse.

The Rasputin theory is appealing because it fills in a big gap in the story- why did the Traveler sacrifice itself for Earth when it preferred to run every other time? There is no other offered explanation for this.

Because otherwise we wouldn't be super special Mary Sue human guardians, duh

You have the traveller have a history of running so the player feels that much more special and powerful and chosen and the stakes feel so much more critical

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"This time it's different, because you're Special" is the premise of all media ever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"This time it's different, because you're Special" is the premise of all media ever

Yeah, it's the anthropic principle of gaming.

vvvvvv Unless you have an alt you really want to use it on, shard it.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man, my last 3 exotics have all been the same piece of armor. Kinda annoying. Is there any reason to keep a weaker version of the same exotic around, or do I just turn it into shards?