Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Alshon Jeffery, Dez Bryant and Leveon Bell can all go gently caress themselves. Actually so can Rodgers and Cousins for getting outscored by Matt loving Stafford.

Uhh Matt Stafford is consistently one of the best-valued QBs in terms of ADP. He was QB7 last year and was still going in the 12th+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
My first 2 draft picks didn't play this week (ODB and Ajayi), and I'm down by 2 points with just my Diggs to play thanks to Stafford and the Rams D. No way Diggs doesn't get 2 points in standard right?!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

anyone with a safe drop that did jack poo poo week 1 on your bench, might want to pick up Kamara in case he goes off tonight. not expecting it, just a lotto ticket. Goodbye Eddie Lacy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I didn't get to watch the GB/Sea game, so was curious how bad Wilson (and his line) looked?

It was painful enough seeing his score on my team with Tyrod on the bench, but now I'm wondering wtf to do.*

If only Tyrod played a decent defense so I could have a better comparison for next week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Ware, Meredith, now Robinson.

My dynasty is looking rough.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Did anyone watch the Chicago game? I have Howard in one league and actually had Cohen on the bench. How are we thinking this impacts Howard's value?

Looking at the box score It seems like Cohen was mostly catching passes, so I'm hoping Howard retains a decent floor. Probably going to be starting Howard and playing Cohen in my flex until Doug Martin gets back...should at least ensure I get the RB points in Chicago each week.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

Did anyone watch the Chicago game? I have Howard in one league and actually had Cohen on the bench. How are we thinking this impacts Howard's value?

Looking at the box score It seems like Cohen was mostly catching passes, so I'm hoping Howard retains a decent floor. Probably going to be starting Howard and playing Cohen in my flex until Doug Martin gets back...should at least ensure I get the RB points in Chicago each week.

Howard still the back to own imo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Q_res posted:

Is it safe to cut Darren McFadden loose at this point? Looks like he's lost the #2 spot in Dallas. Thinking of ditching him to strengthen my WR roster, Rishard Matthews or Mike Wallace seem like the best available options.

I would definitely cut DMC for Rishard. However, I might wait to see if the NFL gets a stay of Zeke's injunction granted. That would mean he'd have to start his suspension. It's a long shot, but you never know.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

anyone with a safe drop that did jack poo poo week 1 on your bench, might want to pick up Kamara in case he goes off tonight. not expecting it, just a lotto ticket. Goodbye Eddie Lacy.

I'm up on my opponent 150.8 - 59.3 and I'm considering dropping my New Orleans kicker to pick up Kamara.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
All of my shares of Bell, Eifert, Marshall, and Benjamin did not pay off this week.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I am now significantly less excited about the majority of my leagues in which I have David Johnson (randomly got #1/#2 pick a lot). Reports are that it could be anywhere between "maybe out one week" and "half the season or more".

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I didn't watch the Browns game but apparently Duke is basically a slot receiver now. As in the majority of his snaps and routes came out of the slot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Warms my cold dead heart to see people picking up kamara as a lotto ticket

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

3-0 for week one. I will cherish this feeling, as it will likely be the high point of my season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Lol the Seahawks offensive line, but Chris Carson is worth a flier if you have room to spare. He played on half the snaps while Lacy only got 7.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Eddie Lacy is washed and it wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks cut him when Rawls comes back. Carson did way more with the same lovely line and actually created his own yards, while Lacy just ran into brick walls. Every time he was on the field the drive died.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Basically need Ingram and Ginn to pop off and Keenan Allen to suck a nut tonight. In order to go 2-1

Thanks to Shitlord Brady and Holdout Bell l, I lost already to the Dalton owner.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 11, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why is anyone surprised Dez Bryant didn't go off last night

Do you guys seriously not check the stats for the previous 2 years?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Dalton put up a -9 in my league that penalizes for sacks. :rolleye:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

Dalton put up a -9 in my league that penalizes for sacks. :rolleye:

What did Savage put up in a league like that?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why is anyone surprised Dez Bryant didn't go off last night

Do you guys seriously not check the stats for the previous 2 years?

Check last year again. Some inexplicable boom/bust due to him seeing no volume some games or being total garbage (1 catch on 9 targets lol), but also he hit 70 or more yards in 9/13 games played and had 8 touchdowns. Anyway, volume was there yesterday, so I'm not too worried this year either.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
In one of leagues, where folks actually do homework and come prepared with spreadsheets, both Dez and TY fell to the back end of the 3rd round. In my other league he was a first round pick by the Cowboys homer.

This is also the second straight year that I've been burned by Woodhead week 1.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If my league has reverse standings ww, would it be a stupid idea to remove Brees and broncos DST in order to tank my points and get a better priority spot? Or am I better off just getting however many points for tie-breaking later?

I'm 41 points below and he still has M. Thomas and J. Charles.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

If my league has reverse standings ww, would it be a stupid idea to remove Brees and broncos DST in order to tank my points and get a better priority spot? Or am I better off just getting however many points for tie-breaking later?

The standard, unwritten "spirit of the rule" of fantasy is you play your best team. This prevents people from throwing games later on towards the end of the season in order to secure a more favorable playoff opponent.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/907254622225620993

I may be able to take a couple of steps away from the Abyss.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Chernabog posted:

I was debating the same thing, but there is still a slight chance I could win.

Check these monster scores out:

Him: 54.9 w/ D. Cook left
Me: 32.5 w/ M. Ingram, M. Thomas, and Younghoe left

Screw you Wilson, Robinson, Bell, Graham (see Wilson), & NY Defense

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/907254622225620993

I may be able to take a couple of steps away from the Abyss.

Or his arm might need to be amputated.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

I was debating the same thing, but there is still a slight chance I could win.

Check these monster scores out:

Him: 54.9 w/ D. Cook left
Me: 32.5 w/ M. Ingram, M. Thomas, and Younghoe left

Screw you Wilson, Robinson, Bell, Graham (see Wilson), & NY Defense

You'd be very dumb to sit your guys in this situation, for the record.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In my dynasty league the rule isn't even "unwritten," it's explicit.

quote:

3.1.3.: To follow the spirit of a Dynasty format, Owners should manage their teams with the intent of balancing long-term multi-year success of the team, against the short-term attempt to win in the current year.
3.1.3.1.: Owners have very broad leeway to make their own determinations as to what actions will benefit their teams, short- and long-term.
3.1.3.2: 3.1.3.1 notwithstanding, no Owner is permitted to deliberately sabotage their own team. This rule is necessary in order to preserve the integrity of the game, and to ensure that in the event an Owner leaves, their team will be reasonably attractive to a replacement Owner.
3.1.3.2.1.: Evidence that an Owner has deliberately sabotaged their own team must be extremely clear and undeniable in order for any corrective or punitive action to be taken by the Commissioners. Merely making a few “unequal” or “bad” player transactions is not sufficient to meet this standard. Neglecting to manage a team for a couple of weeks also does not meet this standard.

This is written to be more about overall team management, but it extends to not tanking individual matches either. Of course, we use FAAB for free agency, so there's no waiver advantage to be had from tanking.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That makes sense. But in my defense I did ask the comissioner to change the ww settings and he ignored me.

I guess I'll just leave it as is anyway since the points could make a difference later on.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How's it going yall gently caress the Jags I just lost to an auto draft team with the Jags defense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wow what are your d/st settings

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

How's it going yall gently caress the Jags I just lost to an auto draft team with the Jags defense.

You lost the moment you joined a league with those D/ST scoring settings my friend.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kill me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

kill me

Yikes. My leagues have higher than average starting scores (12 pts), but we don't gently caress with any crazy bonuses like that.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is it generally a bad idea to have a RB and a WR from the same team in your lineup or is that pretty independent? I guess if it's a bad team then that would be a bad situation since they'll probably both do poorly. I'm trying to think about a WR to try and reach for as a trade target for Gillislee. Maybe Dez Bryant but I have Zeke.

One guy is mulling over Michael Thomas but wants to see what he does tonight. This guy isn't very good at fantasy and is sitting Thomas anyway despite drafting him with his second pick (he had first overall). He played Tate and Amendola over him. They ended up both getting double digits though, so what do I know?

Using BeerSheets as a reference, Hilton, Cooks, and Baldwin are all in the next tier down of guys I'd be looking to get.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kevin White is likely out for the season according to Rotoworld.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Dammit where we're you last night when i asked :)

I went with Treadwell. Kamara has two all pros in front of him tho, not seeing where people think he'll get his snaps from

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hurry up and designate ARob to the IR Jags. I got *checks the incredibly dire waiver wire* some guy to pick up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RVProfootballer posted:

Check last year again. Some inexplicable boom/bust due to him seeing no volume some games or being total garbage (1 catch on 9 targets lol), but also he hit 70 or more yards in 9/13 games played and had 8 touchdowns. Anyway, volume was there yesterday, so I'm not too worried this year either.

Yea he was hurt most of last year but when playing gets peppered with targets. He was a high throw from a goal line td , one foot out on another and a finger tip away from yet another. I didn't draft him but i wouldn't be that worried

• Locked thread