Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

do you see a sign here that says "dead gamer storage?!"

There are no dead gamers, because they wisely picked up a 1 Up earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Is video games the worst hobby?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's awesome, actually.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Because they know gamers love a good weekend blitz

At this point I'm starting to think you might actually be getting money from Nintendo.

Anyways, Fusion is a good game overall but it's linearity is aggravating (especially because irrc there's only like one easily missable point in the game where you can actually go back and explore which is a weird thing to do in Metroid game) and the narrative kind of sucks. It's still a good game but it has a few big things holding it back made worse by the fact those things could have really easily been avoided.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grapplejack posted:

Is video games the worst hobby?

It's a great hobby but an awful lifestyle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I was getting paid by Nintendo, I just love the product. I also genuinely wish every game came out on Friday because it means I would have a huge chunk of time to just hide out and play a new game all weekend.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Video games are fun and good but the most outspken people that play them are like the worst people.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

glam rock hamhock posted:

Video games are fun and good but the most outspken people that play them are like the worst people.

People should be at least a little bit ashamed to play video games.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In Training posted:

I wish I was getting paid by Nintendo, I just love the product. I also genuinely wish every game came out on Friday because it means I would have a huge chunk of time to just hide out and play a new game all weekend.

Call in sick to work

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

exquisite tea posted:

i disagree

gamers should, however, be ashamed to be horribly racist

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

littleorv posted:

You gotta call them and say why would I even own a madden game, I'm British!

for the gripping telltale-style adventure gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wipmz8xsGE

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

I wish you were at least a little bit ashamed about your posting.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also Diablo 3 is pretty dope now, I came back to it after a loooong pause to try out the necromancer and they added a lot of cool stuff. Leveling up and loot is fun although I probably won't stay around after I max out a couple of characters.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's cool to play videogames imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

it's cool to play videogames imo

Consuming is amazeballs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm all about consuming content

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I love my dumb capitalist society

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Palpek posted:

I wish you were at least a little bit ashamed about your posting.

Go away Palpek, you pick dumb stupid fights with me all the time while doing nothing about some stupid anime flame war that went on for pages and pages.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like I don't see playing games being all that different from consuming any other type of media. I'm no more ashamed of playing video games than I am going to the movies or watching a series on Netflix.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

Go away Palpek, you pick dumb stupid fights with me all the time while doing nothing about some stupid anime flame war that went on for pages and pages.
I seriously don't know what you're talking about, I can't read all the threads. If you see something like that happening then report it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*playing mario + rabbids during free time on weekend* my family... i am sorry i have shamed you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mario XCOM should not be as good as it is but it's cool that it is.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I'm not ashamed of what video games I've played, only of what video games I've paid for.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Palpek posted:

I seriously don't know what you're talking about, I can't read all the threads. If you see something like that happening then report it.

It was in this thread, but regardless you always take things I am 100% not being serious about at face value and it annoys me because I now have to point out I am not being serious in post form, which is incredibly lame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

games are good and I have made many friends and have had much fun though them, it's just unfortunate that many youtube men who found a career peddling them never found the time to mature as human beings or grow beyond their bubble, that is my take

In college when I lived in a 10-person suite we'd all get up early sometimes for the Smash Bros Dojo updates, I remember one dude went nuts when Sonic was revealed. Also we went to the midnight release and played that all weekend. and then cheesing people when they tripped lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Games are good and so is anime

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And yet a lot of anime games are actually pretty bad.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

But some of them are really good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saint Freak posted:

that's all video games though

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

by the transitive property, all games are anime

that's how that works, right?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Phantasium posted:

by the transitive property, all games are anime

that's how that works, right?

It's acceptable

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That's a rock penis in the first panel.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wow... makes you think...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

exquisite tea posted:

It was in this thread, but regardless you always take things I am 100% not being serious about at face value and it annoys me because I now have to point out I am not being serious in post form, which is incredibly lame.

seems like you could avoid it by not posting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i miss lurdiak

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you make a reference only a gamer would get, is it called warp whistling?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

Like I don't see playing games being all that different from consuming any other type of media. I'm no more ashamed of playing video games than I am going to the movies or watching a series on Netflix.

I feel like this is what kinda drops it below "hobby" status except in specific instances where like you're going nuts with fighting games or FPS games or other esports type things where there's a high skill ceiling

You're just consuming media

but on the flip side yeah I feel like it's like watching movies or TV shows and you shouldn't really feel any worse about it than if you spent that time doing those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

chumbler posted:

If you make a reference only a gamer would get, is it called warp whistling?

i would call it... a "wall turkey"... :D

• Locked thread