Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

how in the bubble do you have to be to think Ronda isn't a mainstream celebrity with exponentially more fame than anybody in WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I went to the last two wrestlemanias and the part timers and celebs were the only good parts of either

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao if you think Steph would ever agree to tap out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

Ronda doing the media rounds for Mania will be good for business and tapping out Stephanie

All accounts are Steph will be on the WWE Horsewomen's (face) side, which if that's the case there's no way she doesn't win

Becky/Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte will lose the 8-woman tag, Steph will defend their honor after Ronda refuses to leave, and win

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider:

So Asuka will be on RAW, and probably debut at or after TLC.

uh, well i hope becky gets moved to raw too then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

I went to the last two wrestlemanias and the part timers and celebs were the only good parts of either

very unfair to give short shrift to the cosplaying fans battle royal, the second best match of the night

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ronda is a mainstream celebrity booked in a Wrestlemania match there is like no way she doesn't win

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

celebs don't get brought in to lose what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Any fame Rhonda has will evaporate as soon as she loses her first 3 minute distraction roll up match or engages in any catfighting.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bigass Moth posted:

Any fame Rhonda has will evaporate as soon as Stephanie shows clips of Holly Holm kicking her rear end and then she cries

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Speaking of Wrestlemania I legit can't even remember what happened at this years. Roman probably won the big one right?

Edit: oh poo poo no he retired the Undertaker didn't he haha

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the best five minute match ever between goldberg and lesnar, aj styles and shane mcmahon had a badass match, and the hardys came back

also bray wyatt used spooky magic and still lost, but that's par for the course with him

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Frankston posted:

Speaking of Wrestlemania I legit can't even remember what happened at this years.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

oatgan posted:

Ronda doing the media rounds for Mania will be good for business and tapping out Stephanie (who the fans in attendance will hate) is better than bringing in an outsider for a one shot to destroy an actual wrestler
Yea

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

celebs don't get brought in to lose what the gently caress is wrong with you people
As we know from the last several years of Trips effortlessly not losing at WM, the regime will go over at any cost

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

celebs don't get brought in to lose

I understand the Once In A Lifetime hype, but I assure you, Dwayne in fact came back to have two matches with Cena, and indeed lost one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Basic Chunnel posted:

As we know from the last several years of Trips effortlessly not losing at WM, the regime will go over at any cost

Here's some HHH at Wrestlemania fun facts!
He's 2-5 in the last seven years.
He's 4-6 in the last ten years.
He has the most losses in Wrestlemania history!

I hope you enjoyed these HHH at Wrestlemania facts. :toot:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

RIP Sting
:wcw:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The problem with using Ronda in a Stephanie match is that it means Stephanie McMahon being back on TV and I loving can't anymore

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Explain Sting without using the word or any variation of the word "petty"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah that's pretty awful and he should've put Sting over. That loss is made more egregious by the fact that he's decidedly in the "putting guys over at Mania" phase fo his career. :shrug:

But facts are facts, the dude loses more often than he wins at Mania and while I can't say for sure we're not gonna see him BS out a win against Kurt or whatever I think his days of winning at the event are pretty much over.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 11, 2017

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

it was sting's last year wrestling, triple h was going to be around for years to come

not that i agree with that but i can see triple h arguing that in a meeting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Give HHH the win so he could cut his smug authority promo later in the night and Rock and Rousey would come and beat his rear end.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wouldn't say Trips will never win again but as long as he's a big shot heel going up against active roster faces he'll be losing at WM

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can definitely see him murdering Kurt at like, Survivor Series and then putting over Jordan at Mania or something like that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It isn't whether Angle wins or loses, it's how many times he moonsaults onto his bubblegum and prayer fastened neck

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

I can definitely see him murdering Kurt at like, Survivor Series and then putting over Jordan at Mania or something like that.

Jason Jordan may not be the worst wrestler Triple H has ever faced at Mania, but he'd definitely stand out to me on his Mania list in the 'wait really?' way that A-Train does on Taker's.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Cool, funny, match of the night. Shall I go on?

Benne posted:

The problem with using Ronda in a Stephanie match is that it means Stephanie McMahon being back on TV and I loving can't anymore

now here's a good argument against

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was sting's last year wrestling, triple h was going to be around for years to come

not that i agree with that but i can see triple h arguing that in a meeting

im not sure sting knew it was his last year at the time shout out to seth rollins

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Stephanie will spank Rhonda's butt like Randy Couture did to Tito Ortiz as a display of dominance, but she will be wearing a dominatrix costume and it will be really uncomfortable to watch with children in the arena.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Jason Jordan may not be the worst wrestler Triple H has ever faced at Mania, but he'd definitely stand out to me on his Mania list in the 'wait really?' way that A-Train does on Taker's.

I dunno, I feel like Jason Jordan is talented enough to really click and earn himself a spot at the top of the card, he just needs to find that right something to get people to take him seriously. Unfortunately, that right something probably begins with dropping this asinine Kurt Angle's Black Son gimmick and that's probably not happening.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

im not sure sting knew it was his last year at the time shout out to seth rollins

maybe i'm misremembering but i thought he was just signed on for a year and was talking about retiring when his contract came up even before he was murdered by the coward seth rollins

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Stephanie will spank Rhonda's butt like Randy Couture did to Tito Ortiz as a display of dominance, but she will be wearing a dominatrix costume and it will be really uncomfortable to watch with children in the arena.

Keep going

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bigass Moth posted:

Well, when you describe it like that.....

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Super No Vacancy posted:

very unfair to give short shrift to the cosplaying fans battle royal, the second best match of the night
Are you referring to the Andre match or was this an actual thing that happened at Axxess or something? Because I would totally watch that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ronda will absolutely get them on talk shows and poo poo to hype Mania but she's not a great conversationalist and I'd bet 90% of what she gets asked ends up being about whether she'll fight again, at which point she'll shut down, because that's how she is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

incredible bear posted:

Are you referring to the Andre match or was this an actual thing that happened at Axxess or something? Because I would totally watch that.

Before the show started a bunch of fans started wrestling in the stands. Almost all of it was spurned on by a man pretending to be Stone Cold taking some guys replica belt and hopping over barricades to challenge strangers to fights and making a guy in a referee shirt follow him around to count pins. At one point the "ultimate warrior" gorilla pressed him over his head and dropped him like a sack of poo poo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

Before the show started a bunch of fans started wrestling in the stands. Almost all of it was spurned on by a man pretending to be Stone Cold taking some guys replica belt and hopping over barricades to challenge strangers to fights and making a guy in a referee shirt follow him around to count pins. At one point the "ultimate warrior" gorilla pressed him over his head and dropped him like a sack of poo poo

Is there a video?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider:

So Asuka will be on RAW, and probably debut at or after TLC.

ahahahahaha if Asuka debuts on RAW, and the long-term plan is still an Alexa/Nia feud (possibly fueled by Total Divas storyline?), there are going to be some aaaaaangry posts about Asuka's booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How better to prove that she's not like most girls than by having her squash Asuka?