Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Do you think December 7 ever gets really bitter about September 11

given that nazis are back

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/907311663606403072

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I had just gotten my SAT and ASVAB scores back like 2 weeks before 9/11. I signed the delayed entry program papers for the Marine Corps exactly one week before the attacks. I spent my whole senior year of h.s. expecting to die within a year of graduation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was in 4th grade and a bunch of kids started getting pulled out of school by their parents, and then i got pulled out of school by my parents, and when i asked my dad why he said it was because someone knocked down the two biggest skyscrapers in the world.

then i saw the smoke cloud from the skyline on the way home

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Still the all time best 911 tribute

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whelp smashmouth just liked a tweet I made asking if he was dead

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/907311663606403072

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Jones says the deep state is slowly poisoning trump hell loving yes I love that insane loony man

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

Alex Jones says the deep state is slowly poisoning trump hell loving yes I love that insane loony man

He's bad and people shouldn't help him put food on his table

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spoeank posted:

Never met him but basically everyone I've talked to who's ever been around him in person reported him to be pretty normal and low-key. Strongly suggests that he's not a lunatic, but rather he's playing a character designed to attract a following of people who are extremely susceptible to believing wild claims so he can tell them they need his overpriced snake oil products in order to not die. If he was just a genuine crazy person he'd be a lot less culpable as far as what he's done. He's running a scam and doing massive amounts of collateral damage along the way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thermos H Christ posted:

Never met him but basically everyone I've talked to who's ever been around him in person reported him to be pretty normal and low-key. Strongly suggests that he's not a lunatic, but rather he's playing a character designed to attract a following of people who are extremely susceptible to believing wild claims so he can tell them they need his overpriced snake oil products in order to not die. If he was just a genuine crazy person he'd be a lot less culpable as far as what he's done. He's running a scam and doing massive amounts of collateral damage along the way.

He was recently in court trying to keep custody of his children and while on the stand, was completely unable to not come off as an unhinged lunatic, which kind of killed that whole thing.

His argument was that it was a character, he did not lend it much credibility.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

He was recently in court trying to keep custody of his children and while on the stand, was completely unable to not come off as an unhinged lunatic, which kind of killed that whole thing.

He couldn't remember details about his kids because "he just ate a big bowl of chili" iirc

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
To be fair when I eat chili I usually blackout and wake up in a filthy hotel.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I had school picture day on 9/11 so I will never forget (what I looked liked at the time of 9/11)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

Iirc it was his lawyer's argument that he was playing a character and he directly stated that no, no he was not.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Kalli posted:

OK, well there's still a huge gap between being a weirdo and genuinely believing you have seen hard evidence that Hillary Clinton personally murders and chops up children for pleasure. Maybe he's an actual unhinged person playing a character, but I'm still pretty sure he is in fact playing a character for cynical reasons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

To be fair when I eat chili I usually blackout and wake up in a filthy hotel.

Stop buying chili from the insides of random guys' trenchcoats.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

He's bad and people shouldn't help him put food on his table

He's bilking idiotic trump voters.

I'll allow it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

He's bilking idiotic trump voters.

I'll allow it.

if he could do it with less condoning harassment of parents of murdered toddlers that would be swell

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Volkerball posted:

He couldn't remember details about his kids because "he just ate a big bowl of chili" iirc

He also once took his shirt off during a family counseling session.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if he could do it with less condoning harassment of parents of murdered toddlers that would be swell

It's a business decision and sadly he chose correctly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Right now Im grading papers and listening to PAAAAAUUUUL

aw yeah

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Uterine Lineup posted:

I had school picture day on 9/11 so I will never forget (what I looked liked at the time of 9/11)

My school ran a fire drill about an hour after they collapsed. Way to inspire a sense of calm

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I was at work in a call center. We had 49 calls in queue one minute and the next minute there was none which was...weird. I was on the phone with a customer at the time and she said "Oh my god we are under attack" and hung up. I still remember not being able to get to cnn.com or any big news sites because they were getting flooded with traffic, so we were all kind of in the dark until news started to trickle in from family members.

I also remember a couple jets breaking the sound barrier almost directly above our office which was a giant BOOM and shook our entire building enough that half our staff flipped the gently caress out because they thought a plane hit our building...........in the northwest suburbs of Illinois.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Right after finding out about the plane crashing into the Pentagon, a classmate said, “drat, this is going to be remembered ‘The Day Planes Crashed into poo poo’” and he couldn't have been more prophetic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

weird Asian candy posted:

I also remember a couple jets breaking the sound barrier almost directly above our office which was a giant BOOM and shook our entire building enough that half our staff flipped the gently caress out because they thought a plane hit our building...........in the northwest suburbs of Illinois.

lol back in 2010, there was a giant sonic boom in Washington state because Obama was in town, and some dipshit amateur pilot flew his Cessna into the no-fly zone, forcing a scramble from the air force. Two F-15s took off just outside Portland and made it to Seattle in 20 minutes. The guy didn't check the restricted fly space before taking off.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 11, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

lol back in 2010, there was a giant sonic boom in Washington state because Obama was in town, and some dipshit amateur pilot flew his Cessna into the no-fly zone, forcing a scramble from the air force. Two F-15s took off just outside Portland and made it to Seattle in 20 minutes. The guy didn't check the restricted fly space before taking off.

lol dumbass. I wonder how much he paid in fines for that f up! :v:

tbf to my workers, the boom was legit the loudest thing I have ever heard and left the building feeling like (what I would imagine) an earthquake.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My daughter just came home and asked me about 9/11. Then she said it was a good thing I wasn't working in that building that day.

It blew her mind that I was in high school at some point.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

Stop buying chili from the insides of random guys' trenchcoats.

But sketch looking sourced food is best food. Next you'll tell me not to buy BBQ from the side of the road, Mexican from a rusting wheeless bus, or Korean grocery from a dank warehouse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was preparing for an interview that was a slam dunk at an ad agency in KC.

Now I live in a different city doing a different job entirely. Thanks 9/11.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I've got a house down the cape on the beach for the next 2 days to myself. Going to grill, smoke weed, go for a run, kayak, go to the beach jack off a lot

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

But really I'm stoked. I'm going to veg hard, literally and metaphorically

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I have also increased my betting amounts waaaay more than I should have this year. My bookie is hosed hahaha!!!!! Ya!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I've got a house down the cape on the beach for the next 2 days to myself. Going to grill, smoke weed, go for a run, kayak, go to the beach jack off a lot

Being in a beach house alone sounds kinda sad. I'd at least get on tinder and advertise "I got a beach house all to myself, come see it" or invite a friend over.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

No Butt Stuff posted:

My daughter just came home and asked me about 9/11. Then she said it was a good thing I wasn't working in that building that day.

It blew her mind that I was in high school at some point.

I wonder how 9/11 is taught in schools or is it like sex ed where they leave it up to the parents

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Is your lady friend not around for some mid week beach side debauchery guess it's short notice

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blitz7x posted:

I wonder how 9/11 is taught in schools or is it like sex ed where they leave it up to the parents

Is teaching abstinence only akin to Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

seiferguy posted:

Being in a beach house alone sounds kinda sad. I'd at least get on tinder and advertise "I got a beach house all to myself, come see it" or invite a friend over.

No, don't be that weirdo who just can't stand to be alone!!!!!

It's perfectly fine to have me time, mr shrimp.

e: let's be clear, get the pussy if available but it ain't bad if it's solo whiskey and steaks for 2 days either

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 11, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I have also increased my betting amounts waaaay more than I should have this year. My bookie is hosed hahaha!!!!! Ya!!

I'll swing by, I have tomorrow off. Just PM your Jack off schedule

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My wife is so obsessed with GoT and Daenerys that she wants us to be Khal Drogo and Daenerys for Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

3 DONG HORSE posted:

No, don't be that weirdo who just can't stand to be alone!!!!!

It's perfectly fine to have me time, mr shrimp.

Hey look, I'm all for me time. But a beach house by myself seems like an unusual place to do that, I guess :shrug:

• Locked thread