Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Jesus Christ, I got a second Wings of Sacred Dawn drop in two days. This one was 280 power. Fuuuuuuuuuuck I look good.

Also, I have Nameless Midnight and it's outstanding. I just got a more powerful Frontier Justice - if you were me, infuse the latter to make NM better, or keep the Frontier and scrap the Midnight?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

haveblue posted:

The Cabal just loves drilling poo poo.

same

Funkmaster General posted:

I got an exotic sparrow with the "transmats in faster" perk and I thought that was a real lame perk, but by "faster" they mean "instantly," and you don't even need to hold the button down, just tap it. You can summon it so fast that if you summon, jump off, summon again, you can manage to get three of them out before the first one finishes the fading away animation.

Still probably not the coolest perk a sparrow can have, but certainly nicer than I thought, especially with the much higher exotic sparrow speed, you can zip around planets like a regular hedgehog.

the insta summon sparrows are v good in the nightfall strike(s)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a point to redoing adventures? The light reward remains the same...

Also going back earlier. Didn't the D1 grimoire outright state Rasputin shot the Traveller in the back before it could leave?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't want no fukken aliens as guardians

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x3KX8g00kCQ

I tricked my brother into thinking the house of wolves expansion was gonna let you start a fallen defector guardian, but you had to level up starting with dreg

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

Funkmaster General posted:

I got an exotic sparrow with the "transmats in faster" perk and I thought that was a real lame perk, but by "faster" they mean "instantly," and you don't even need to hold the button down, just tap it. You can summon it so fast that if you summon, jump off, summon again, you can manage to get three of them out before the first one finishes the fading away animation.

Still probably not the coolest perk a sparrow can have, but certainly nicer than I thought, especially with the much higher exotic sparrow speed, you can zip around planets like a regular hedgehog.

This was on the first sparrow I got. It has completely spoiled me.

SLR should be a lot more interesting next time around.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I've heard Lord Shaxx at the farm yell out "THE SHARD THIS, THE SHARD THAT... WHAT ABOUT THE CRUCIBLE!??!"

:allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Farm Shaxx has some good voice lines. He's got a sassy bit about why it's still important to train even though poo poo hit the fan.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a point to redoing adventures? The light reward remains the same...

The replay adventures should be at higher light than the initial ones, not sure how that translates to drops.

quote:

Also going back earlier. Didn't the D1 grimoire outright state Rasputin shot the Traveller in the back before it could leave?

The idea that Rasputin shot the traveler comes mostly from the grimoire card Rasputin 5, which once you decode from sci fi computerese is Rasputin examining the conditions under which doing that would be justified. It doesn't say he did it, just that he could and would. There are a bunch of other cards talking about Rasputin's headspace around the time of the Collapse too. You can find references to bits of the R5 decision process elsewhere in the grimoire- YUGA, CARRHAE, VOLUSPA, SKYSHOCK, MIDNIGHT all appear.

It's clearly meant to be plausible while still allowing for multiple interpretations and wiggle room which is exactly what's happening in these arguments.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 11, 2017

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Seizon posted:

There a chance I could get a clan invite? PSN is SamuraiJakkoff

i lol'ed way too hard at your PSN name

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

haveblue posted:

One for every race, pretty much. On Earth you have the unknown Fallen house and the remains of the Cabal. On Titan you have the Hive and Savathun. On Nessus you have the Vex and the lead-in to the raid. On Io you have Quria and Taken shenanigans reminding us how the Vex and the Hive/Taken are connected. And there are all the side stories about race X interacting with race Y and creating a new crisis. And there's the post-credits galactic threat which probably won't show up until Destiny 3.

Also on Io is the active Warmind network which will be part of expansion 2.

Also the stranger from d1 + her mysterious allies. The Nine.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
new Trials is Trials of the Nine, so they're at least poking their heads in again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think hawthorne is going to turn into the stranger

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Destiny 2: bad writing

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Also the stranger from d1 + her mysterious allies. The Nine.

The stranger has been virtually retconned out, she was a bad dream to both developers and players and a holdover from d1's protracted and tortured development

We won't be seeing her again

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
the stranger wasnt retconned out of my fanfic erotica

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Got my Titan to 288, then my Hunter to 292. Gonna see if I can beat the campaign on my Warlock before reset after I get home from work tonight.

Looking forward to that raid!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The stranger has been virtually retconned out, she was a bad dream to both developers and players and a holdover from d1's protracted and tortured development

ghost mentions her at one point so I'm not sure about that

also she's from an alternate timeline/dimension where the traveler never came to earth, so the darkness/hive/fallen at least didn't follow it. Vex were still always have been being there, so that's why she cares about them

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Was there ever a reason for the Taken to show up? At least for the fallen/vex/hive you are traveling to places where they already were living. For the Taken they jump around space and are normally more directed I thought.

Bringing this up from way back in the thread because I noticed something cool. The phalanxes from the Red Legion have fancy new shields that spread out and everything. If you look at the Taken Phalanxes, they still have the shields the old ones used, since Oryx was only around to take the older model. And yeah, they talk about all sorts of Hive looking to usurp Oryx and how they're aimless right now but another 'god' likely one of his sisters will step up to fill the void.

Also, I was going crazy because it seemed my sparrow was slower than my friends', despite them all being 160 speed exotics. Turns out that I wasn't just crazy and it actually was slower because I just got one of those xbox elite controllers and had the trigger locks on, but hadn't edited the trigger pull so that it was pulling all the way by the point it was locked to. So I was only getting like 65% speed until I changed controller settings.

Now I just have to figure out what 'has more agility in the air' on the sparrow actually translates to in functional terms.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I'm calling it now. 100 shards per exotic from Xur.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah, but her gun was amazing.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Is there a stat cap? I can't get my resilience over 10.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Yes, and that's the stat cap.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

this is bogus!!! i want 14!!!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Frush posted:

Bringing this up from way back in the thread because I noticed something cool. The phalanxes from the Red Legion have fancy new shields that spread out and everything. If you look at the Taken Phalanxes, they still have the shields the old ones used, since Oryx was only around to take the older model. And yeah, they talk about all sorts of Hive looking to usurp Oryx and how they're aimless right now but another 'god' likely one of his sisters will step up to fill the void.

Also, I was going crazy because it seemed my sparrow was slower than my friends', despite them all being 160 speed exotics. Turns out that I wasn't just crazy and it actually was slower because I just got one of those xbox elite controllers and had the trigger locks on, but hadn't edited the trigger pull so that it was pulling all the way by the point it was locked to. So I was only getting like 65% speed until I changed controller settings.

Now I just have to figure out what 'has more agility in the air' on the sparrow actually translates to in functional terms.

You may have noticed the​ taken knights and wizards are their old d1 selves too, yet the models have clearly been redone up to new d2 standards instead of being copy pasted ,I like it, it's a nice little touch

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Just wait till you get the Lumbar Puncture exotic armor

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

wintrrmute posted:

aint no one slackin here boss, we prepping for the raid

https://i.imgur.com/WVQRxfQ.gifv

What kind of establishment is this!? :monocle:

Vatek posted:

At least Destiny 1's plot being complete gibberish makes a lot more sense that way.

It's space magic, it probably took like five minutes. Kinda makes you wonder why anybody on Earth still wants to put up with the Traveler anymore considering it just brings a neverending rain of world-ending catastrophes down on the whole solar system.

Well, dead orbit wants to be the fallen, but instead of chasing after the traveler they just bail the gently caress out of this bullshit.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What the heck, why? She's just a buried lead or whatever.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Hamelekim posted:

I've been playing what I consider a metric fuckton and I have something like 40 shards. You've made my pleasant purple pile of pointed pellucid pretties feel woefully inadequate. I feel like anything over 50 would be a bit much. I feel one exotic a week from the trader would be a fair pace.

Edit: Considering that I had to hit 20 first, a bit higher cost might not be as bad. I still feel that over 50 would be a bit much.

d3lness fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 11, 2017

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

It's legendary shards right?

Someone at one point said it would be green and up mats from the planets (Blightstone or whatever EDZ's is called). I have a ton cause getting the coins is easy enough so I saved them just in case. If they aren't used for Xur is there any point to them aside from rep and annoying dailies?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So the Darkness is just going to be the Galactus from the Ultimate universe? Just a bunch of city sized drones that are actually a single entity that hates life and destroys civilizations?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
One thing I like about D2 is the theme is more rebuilding back to the golden age instead of humanity's last stand.

Also after you beat the campaign the farm seems to be processing more refugees, getting them to safety or whatever. Was it like that before the campaign ended? I can't remember. Sometimes it's just PACKED with random dudes

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

96 spacejam posted:

Someone at one point said it would be green and up mats from the planets (Blightstone or whatever EDZ's is called). I have a ton cause getting the coins is easy enough so I saved them just in case. If they aren't used for Xur is there any point to them aside from rep and annoying dailies?

they are just for rep so you can get faction gear

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So, quick question. Does everyone who participates get something from the public event chest, or did I just steal an exotic engram from someone and that's why they seemed super mad?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Farm Shaxx has some good voice lines. He's got a sassy bit about why it's still important to train even though poo poo hit the fan.
:rant: 'If you'd trained harder, you would have had the strength to just shoot Ghaul in the face, instead of flopping around on his flight deck like a fish!'

Seriously though, that would've been a great fakeout scene.

One last surge of effort after the light is ripped from your guardian, to shoot what looks like might've been the main villain in the face, splattering his brains over his dumbfounded soliders... Before someone else gets the reveal. :allears:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

96 spacejam posted:

You are correct, legendary shards. I'm unfamiliar with the bit with mats from the planet. Do you have a link to that info? Not trying to call you out, I'm just curious.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Finally managed to grind my way to a shiny new MIDA Multi Tool with a sweet, sweet 286 Light Level :hellyeah:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

paragon1 posted:

So, quick question. Does everyone who participates get something from the public event chest, or did I just steal an exotic engram from someone and that's why they seemed super mad?

Everyone who participates gets a 100% independent loot drop.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

paragon1 posted:

Drops are personal, you can't ninja loot in this game.

That said, he was probably still mad because you got one and he didn't.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My girlfriend pointed out that Shaxx sounds like Denholm Reynholm and it kills me every time I hear him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

haveblue posted:

Everyone who participates gets a 100% independent loot drop.

Ah okay, that's what I thought. I guess they were just being super friendly!