Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Some games went for it early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4D93YmXI8

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mordja posted:

For sale: Xbox One, never played.
This post didn't get enough credit.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

the european version of Donkey Konga has tubthumping

kongathumping

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Palpek posted:

Some games went for it early.

PC gaming = saved

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't notice he was gone. I feel bad about that because I feel like that's something I should have noticed.

I hope he's okay and doing well.

He literally posted this morning I don't know what any of you are talking about

This forum is larger than just the games chat thread

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is that why Disney fired him

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

Watch Koopa start a loving war

The mushroom kingdom has had like 10 9/11s at this point

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Wait, Kermit did 9/11?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Wait, Kermit did 9/11?

Kermit is the reason why the terrorists hate America

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I also hate america

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nasgate posted:

Wait, Kermit did 9/11?

Someday we'll find it: the ((rainbow)) connection.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raxivace posted:

This post didn't get enough credit.

Thank you and god bless.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Someday we'll find it: the ((rainbow)) connection.

Man I'm behind. I know three sets of parentheses is the Jew echo, is two the gay rumble?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Due to me living in the middle of nowhere, I will likely not get Ys 8 in the mail until a few days after it comes out so I would just like to wish everyone else getting it a good time with one of the worst localizations in recent history.

Also the PC port is garbage apparently.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Paranoid Dude posted:

Is Destiny 2 actually any better than Destiny? All I see all over is people sucking the dick of Destiny and saying "If you liked Destiny 1, you'll love this~!" somehow without even acknowledging that Destiny 1 was frankensteined into a different game more and more with each successive DLC release. Is it actually good, or is everyone shills?

Destiny 1 sucked at launch but steadily improved and once The Taken King came out it was pretty good. Destiny 2 is even better except they're steadily getting shittier about microtransactions. They ruined the armor dyeing system to accommodate them, for instance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Destiny 1 sucked at launch but steadily improved and once The Taken King came out it was pretty good. Destiny 2 is even better except they're steadily getting shittier about microtransactions. They ruined the armor dyeing system to accommodate them, for instance.

Their explanation for the shaders change is incredible.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

chumbler posted:

Their explanation for the shaders change is incredible.

Sum it up for me, please, with footnotes.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I saw Chumbawumba at a rural music festival in southern Scotland named Knochengorroch around 2008-2009. They refused to play tub thumping apart from 5 seconds of the chorus in the middle of another song. Fair enough since they as re probably sick of that song but they didn't even play Amnesia either.

gently caress Chumbawumba.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macarius Wrench posted:

I saw Chumbawumba at a rural music festival in southern Scotland named Knochengorroch around 2008-2009. They refused to play tub thumping apart from 5 seconds of the chorus in the middle of another song. Fair enough since they as re probably sick of that song but they didn't even play Amnesia either.

gently caress Chumbawumba.

How do you know that they didn't play Amnesia and you just suffer from long-term memory loss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mordja posted:

Sum it up for me, please, with footnotes.
https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/905863524127129600

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Saint Freak posted:

How do you know that they didn't play Amnesia and you just suffer from long-term memory loss
I was there and I can confirm that they played Amnesia.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I didn't know Chumbawamba got into the Let's Play circuit

Serf
May 5, 2011

i've got more shaders than i know what to do with after just one week. the bigger issue is pinning down what gear you actually want to use them on and how exotics always clash with whatever look you're going for

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I didn't know Chumbawamba got into the Let's Play circuit

They were punks. It was inevitable.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I know nothing about Destiny and thought you were talking about unlocking graphics options.

Two more runs on this raid and I can unlock 4K, guys!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV really needed a Phantom Pain E-Cig style item to adjust the time of day to what you need for side quests and such

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaggitz posted:

Due to me living in the middle of nowhere, I will likely not get Ys 8 in the mail until a few days after it comes out so I would just like to wish everyone else getting it a good time with one of the worst localizations in recent history.

Also the PC port is garbage apparently.

they delayed the pc port to fix it up so that won't be completely terrible at least probably

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

"fun" is what most people would use there, luke. They run it because it's fun.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What are those Shaders™?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Palpek posted:

What are those Shaders™?
armor dye colors

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Serf posted:

i've got more shaders than i know what to do with after just one week. the bigger issue is pinning down what gear you actually want to use them on and how exotics always clash with whatever look you're going for

Before, I could switch out shaders at will with no consequences, now if I use a shader and then throw away or dye over that piece of gear I need to grind out another one. I'd often swap between shaders pretty frequently, now I have to commit to a certain shader on a certain piece of gear. It's like if I was playing overwatch or something and lost skins after unequipping them. I have a shitload of shaders in my inventory yeah, but only in small stacks so I can't just swap 'em around at will anymore.

More to the point expendable shaders are strictly worse than the reusable shaders in Destiny 1, and the change was obviously made to incentivize you to use microtransactions in a game you already payed $60 for. That Luke Smith tweet is a pretty clear ex post facto justification for a change they knew players would rightly hate.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

homeless snail posted:

armor dye colors
IMO If you dye in the game, you dye in real life.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dragon the dragon doesnt remember what he was doing on 9/11 prob getting high idk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

IMO If you dye in the game, you dye in real life.

Lol

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/907311663606403072

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

It was more so a "wait aren't LPs considered fair use?"

Tried to tell ya they weren't

This was decided long ago and until congress decides to pass new reforms that's how it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I liked this one

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/906984343561744384

• Locked thread