Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Matt Zerella posted:

Cory Booker is bad. Very, very bad. And a wordy reply about backroom dealing being "transparent" doesn't change that.

i don't like cory booker but this line of attack is not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tooth health and hygiene is extremely important and can be early warning signs of other issues

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Washington dealing" doesn't change the fact that Booker took tens of thousands from pharma and then was pressured by the public to the point that he said "Well I would give the money back if I could."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SKULL.GIF posted:

tooth health and hygiene is extremely important and can be early warning signs of other issues

How upset were you that Hillary accused Bernie of promising everyone ponies, Mr. Supreme?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Frijolero posted:

"Washington dealing" doesn't change the fact that Booker took tens of thousands from pharma and then was pressured by the public to the point that he said "Well I would give the money back if I could."

but thats what everybodys afraid of!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vermin Supreme 3020

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aside from not wanting to lose in 2018, I think Dems are realizing that they can defang Bernie's 2020 run by just adopting free college and MfA.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

Aside from not wanting to lose in 2018, I think Dems are realizing that they can defang Bernie's 2020 run by just adopting free college and MfA.

that's always been the danger with focusing on social democracy instead of anti-capitalism

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It won't defang it at all because free college and MfA doesn't at all address severe income inequality which is at the heart of all of this. These things have always been some of the least controversial parts of Bernie's platform.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

It won't defang it at all because free college and MfA doesn't at all address severe income inequality which is at the heart of all of this. These things have always been some of the least controversial parts of Bernie's platform.

yeah, it took a year for this morons to see which way the wind us blowing, all sanders has to do is focus on taxing the rich and hes still the radical in the room

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PaulineBock/status/906137548812148737

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

his proposed tax rates on the highest margins are way too low

at the end of the day, there's something like $14 trillion in household income for about 120 million households. Do the math

WhiskeyJuvenile has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Sep 11, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mannn, the rightward swing in france next election is gonna be crazy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this just in: macaroon is nude and mad

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Mannn, the rightward swing in france next election is gonna be crazy.

well deffo a populist swing, maybe a left party will be viable :ohdear:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

guy is just asking for them to break out the guillotine again

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
he's running

https://twitter.com/MyStatesman/status/907244336697548801

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

As ever, Democratic politicians are, first and foremost, politicians and the folks cosponsoring Bernie's bill are largely assuming two things:

That there's no way in hell this actually passes

That being on record as a supporter will be good for them in future elections.

It's completely safe even for the biggest shill to support right now, and it'd be extremely dumb not to (and yet Booker is still supporting it)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

French see far-left's Melenchon as Macron's strongest opponent: poll

"Forty-five percent of voters believe Melenchon's party provides the strongest opposition to the centrist president, more than twice the figure for the conservative Republicans or the far-right National Front, the Ifop-Fiducial poll showed."

:getin:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Macron actually is what leftists feared Hillary Clinton would turn into.

What are France's presidential terms? When can I look forward to nazi lady being swept into office?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

docbeard posted:

As ever, Democratic politicians are, first and foremost, politicians and the folks cosponsoring Bernie's bill are largely assuming two things:

That there's no way in hell this actually passes

That being on record as a supporter will be good for them in future elections.

It's completely safe even for the biggest shill to support right now, and it'd be extremely dumb not to (and yet Booker is still supporting it)

pretty much, but it's still very positive to see democrats 1. take a big step toward a positive, constructive vision on healthcare and 2. move to the left on this. it's still going to be the long haul but there's more momentum for singlepayer than ever, and it's pretty much entirely due to bernie sanders

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Frijolero posted:

French see far-left's Melenchon as Macron's strongest opponent: poll

"Forty-five percent of voters believe Melenchon's party provides the strongest opposition to the centrist president, more than twice the figure for the conservative Republicans or the far-right National Front, the Ifop-Fiducial poll showed."

:getin:

Reminder for those that missed it during France's last election, that this exists and is amazing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

Melenchon was entirely viable last time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

Macron actually is what leftists feared Hillary Clinton would turn into.

What are France's presidential terms? When can I look forward to nazi lady being swept into office?

Five years until Mélenchon.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Reminder for those that missed it during France's last election, that this exists and is amazing.

Imagine the sheer spitting outrage if Bernie had released a game about him beating Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, and Donald Trump into the ground.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
relitigate 2016... with your fists!!!!!!!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
u play as bernie and u have to beat up hillary in the primary and trump in the general and obama when he refuses to step down

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

Imagine the sheer spitting outrage if Bernie had released a game about him beating Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, and Donald Trump into the ground.

i dont think bernie even knows what a video game is

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

i dont think bernie even knows what a video game is

i'm sure he found a gaming subreddit that day

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

apparently not since he didn't reach the runoff between a banking avatar robot and a nazi

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'd like to see the French elite mashing the fash button as hard as possible with a melenchon v lepen election

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm sure he found a gaming subreddit that day

He mostly sticks to the anime boards

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Something that the Vox crew talked about on The Weeds a couple weeks ago is that none of the liberal think tanks have come out with their own versions of what a single payer plan might look like. Sarah believed that this is because they were too busy coming up with Obamacare tweaks, while Yggy suggested that maybe it's because the people who fund them are ideologically opposed to the idea.

Anyway, now that it's likely a substantial bloc of the Democrats in the Senate will support some version of a single payer plan, those wonk shops might wanna get off their butts and weigh in with some ideas, assuming they're not actually bought off by industry, that is.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
cool page number

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Joementum posted:

assuming they're not actually bought off by industry, that is.

thanks for remembering youre posting on a comedy site :)

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bernie's Excellent Hentai Adventure

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I spent too much time wading though Hillary twitter and found that there's a tool to track "Russian bots" called Hamilton 68 because of course.

http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is the plan just going to be pass some total garbage bill that has nothing to do with healthcare but call the bill "Medicare for all" and then act surprised when people get mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

you're a chargers fan?

• Locked thread