Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ugh, what a night. House seems okay, curfew was lifted so I need to get over and check on my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Glad to hear that FloridaGoons made it out in one piece. My wife's family down there survived OK.

Over the weekend, I turned 48 :fweet:
Your only as old as you feel. Unfortunately, my back picked this weekend to protest existence. Nothing makes you feel quite as old as being unable to stand up straight.
Got my free Denny's, IHOP, and Baskin Robbins, at least.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

WE HAVE WAFFLE HOUSE I REPEAT WAFFLE HOUSE CONFIRMED IN CASSELBERRY EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE OKAY

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I wish they'd lift the curfew here in Orange already. I just want to get out and drive.

And have AC

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well just checked my apartment,power's off but other than that looks fine, no busted windows or water intrusion. Luckily it's just north of the orange/Seminole county line so no cops to hassle me over curfew stuff.

The normally bone dry drainage ditch by my door has like a foot of standing water even with a drain grate in the middle; it did its job well.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Welp, alive with no damage, no power though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Sounds like you guys are in pretty good shape all things considered. That's good news. Glad everybody's still with us.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You guys are lucky it raked along cuba for so long or else it would have hit you way, way harder

glad to hear you're all safe :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
id have rather it spared cuba at the expense of florida

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Specifically just east of Miami Executive Airport, between that and Kendall, thanks. Zip code 33186.
My sister is a nurse at a hospital near there, I've asked, but it might be a bit if she's on-shift.

Actually watching video from a friend who lives near there. Looks like downed trees mostly.

Wrar fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 11, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Wrar posted:

My sister is a nurse at a hospital near there, I've asked, but it might be a bit if she's on-shift.

Actually watching video from a friend who lives near there. Looks like downed trees mostly.
Yeah, that's cool, thanks. Sounds like it wasn't totally crazy. I was mainly looking to make sure it wasn't a "everything is hosed, and will be for weeks" situation.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Unless a tree landed on a house or you got unlucky with unprotected glass it should be ok, but power might be out for a week or two.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
No worries, I'll wait and see what I hear from them directly on that front.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So blipshift hashad this sweet shirt:

https://www.blipshift.com/products/bro-ii

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 11, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Had. Four years ago.

Thats great though, I would've bought one.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Being in Florida without AC suuuuuuuucks.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Today's blipshift shirt is pretty cool IMO:

Might have to get one myself.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

ExplodingSims posted:

Being in Florida without AC suuuuuuuucks.

Yeah, it sure did :( Hope you get power back soon.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Doesn't sound like it :/

I've heard it could take up to a week. Bigass tree pulled downs some lines, bent poles and blew transformers. And they can start work on the lines until the tree is moved

Really hoping this is a case of underpromising and over delivering on OUC's part.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

mariooncrack posted:

Today's blipshift shirt is pretty cool IMO:

Might have to get one myself.

I actually ordered it. It has been a while since I BS'd now that I have two weeks worth of BS tees. One of my kids pulled one of my shirts off a hangar this weekend and ruined the neck so I decided it was a good enough excuse to grab one.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Imagine the Akrapovic full exhaust you could buy for the E90 with the proceeds of selling just one of your many, many kids. Sounds like there's a candidate right there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My FB profile got haxored or something so if it pops back up spamming sunglasses or something it's not me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

My FB profile got haxored or something so if it pops back up spamming sunglasses or something it's not me.

You have more social problems than anyone I've ever seen.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Social problems vs Social diseases

Discuss

:colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ExplodingSims posted:

Doesn't sound like it :/

I've heard it could take up to a week. Bigass tree pulled downs some lines, bent poles and blew transformers. And they can start work on the lines until the tree is moved

Really hoping this is a case of underpromising and over delivering on OUC's part.

Possibly. Withlacoochee river electric quoted us a week to have power back, it just turned back on a few minutes ago. Granted, all of our power junk is all buried, so who knows.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 12, 2017

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Welp, curfew was lifted, so I'm able to get out and see what's going on. Most of the city seems to be out.

Good news is, I found a Tijuana Flats that's open! :yum:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

You have more social problems than anyone I've ever seen.

So turns out someone reported my post where I said "stop bitching about your life" because it urges people to commit suicide. And FB agreed. LoL.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad to hear that ya Floridagoons are well and your homes are intact. Hope the cleanup and restoration of services goes smoothly.

In the opposite of smooth, my Outback is drivable after the head gasket job from hell. I have to fix an ATF cooling line leak and figure out why I'm getting a o2 sensor heater code and and hope my new power steering pump bleeds itself over the next few drive cycles and shuts the gently caress up.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm safe and sound at home in Sarasota, fans on and AC pumping sweet cool air into our bedroom. We don't have internet but we do have electricity amazingly enough, and don't seem to have ever lost it. Google is comping everyone in the Irma zone 20 bucks on your accounts so that's nice, at least they are us.
The main reason we left home was because our back yard is flood zone b and they had set the evacuation at voluntary for that zone, so we bolted to my father in law's place. I put the Hijet on jack stands in our guest house, shoved the Acty in my mother in law's garage, wife's Tracker at her grandfather in law's garage and the sc300 braved it in a tree-free driveway.
Came home to a mess which is excellent. Everything survived, lots of limbs and oak tree parts everywhere but no damage. Took the boards off our windows, made a whole bunch of pizza rolls and shared them with our neighbors as we sat on our cool tile floor in the AC. Our house and the one at the end of the street are on a different grid so while we have power, everyone else doesn't. We gave them our batteries and things to use because sleeping without ac in Florida loving sucks and we are super fortunate to be as lucky as we were.
Never again guys, if there is a storm coming to Florida we are boarding up and getting the gently caress out, never want to experience that stress ever again.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Sleeping in my car tonight because it's cooler outside, lol.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Goober Peas posted:

Social problems vs Social diseases

Discuss

I'm no sociologist but I do recall from some college classes I took that it's awfully hard to catch social diseases when you've had floor sex once and in missionary style with candles and Michael Bolton "Best Of" on for the other 38 times

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I'm selling a car on ebay :(

How many messages saying 'How much do U wont for it M8????' am I going to get by the end of this?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Based on the stupid as gently caress messages with selling little poo poo, I can't even imagine selling a car. Best guess..between that and questions which area already answered by reading the listing.. 8 each day?

Good luck.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Got a text last night from management "good news, our apartments have power again!"

Halfway home from mom's: "whoops seems like a couple buildings are still out!"

Guess whose building (along with like 4 others) is an island of darkness surrounded by powered apartments on all sides, including the neighboring complex and the shopping center across the street? Yeah.

P71 is topped up and currently paying dividends as a mobile air-conditioned couch.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Apple event today. This is the day where myself and the other Sheeple TM sit back with a tall glass of Apple Juice and drink in solidarity. Realistically I won't buy a new phone unless they have a new version of the SE because small phone is better than huge phone. because I have small hands

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Apple event today. This is the day where myself and the other Sheeple TM sit back with a tall glass of Apple Juice and drink in solidarity. Realistically I won't buy a new phone unless they have a new version of the SE because small phone is better than huge phone. because I have small hands

I'm interested in what the iPhone X actually has, but I rock an iPhone Plus life and I don't think they're going to be offering a plus model yet. Plus, the whole "it'll probably cost a grand" thing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Still rocking my Gen 1 Moto G :bahgawd:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

beep-beep car is go posted:

I'm interested in what the iPhone X actually has, but I rock an iPhone Plus life and I don't think they're going to be offering a plus model yet. Plus, the whole "it'll probably cost a grand" thing.

the iphone decade edition will be a grand, the 8 and 8 Plus will be normal pricing

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

beep-beep car is go posted:

Same thing here. The normal iPhone is too skinny for my long fingers. If the x sticks to that tall skinny form I don't really want it. I may consider an iPhone 8 plus if the camera is going to be significantly better than my 6s+. My wife has been hinting that she wants a watch with LTE and a new phone, so probably that. Her current moto x is 3 years old and doesn't hold a very good charge and has wifi issues so its probably time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

I'm selling a car on ebay :(

How many messages saying 'How much do U wont for it M8????' am I going to get by the end of this?

Still better than the idiots who phone you at 2am to ask for the best price for something you're selling on Autotrader.

• Locked thread