Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

96 spacejam posted:

It's legendary shards right?

Someone at one point said it would be green and up mats from the planets (Blightstone or whatever EDZ's is called). I have a ton cause getting the coins is easy enough so I saved them just in case. If they aren't used for Xur is there any point to them aside from rep and annoying dailies?

Xur uses legendary shards now, but strange coins do still exist in the database and have a new description which indicates that Xur still wants them and gives out prizes for them. No indication of how you get them or what they're used for, though.

I feel alright with my stack of 120 shards but I guess we don't know how much anything will cost.

Reminder to everyone to buy whatever he's got, even if it seems lovely. Never forget the Gjallarhorn.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/907346510089666560

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

Xur uses legendary shards now
Ready for this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress yeah.

I am 269. I can take it easy this week.

Also use the gently caress out of your planetary reps and items to get those sweet purps and shaders.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey I'm raid ready (as soon as they add matchmaking lol sorry not sorry)

At least I'll be getting that sweet Xur love on Friday.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I, too, am raid ready, and now I just need a Wednesday night team :/

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I'm assuming that level is going to matter to a certain point, but coordination and communication is going to be the most important part.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey I'm raid ready (as soon as they add matchmaking lol sorry not sorry)

At least I'll be getting that sweet Xur love on Friday.

You can be the lovely pubbie in someone's guided game!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I'm only a Level 12, power like 120ish I think.

Easiest way to level up and getting cool poo poo? Just doing the Adventures? I've just been going through the story with some side stuff here and there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

89 posted:

Easiest way to level up and getting cool poo poo? Just doing the Adventures? I've just been going through the story with some side stuff here and there.

Finish the story asap. You'll need to be 15 at some point - once you hit that wall, run Adventures until you're 15, then finish the story.

Finishing the story bumps you to 20 and makes the game 10x more fun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

89 posted:

Campaign till the end - you'll easily be 20. Do a couple side adventures if you want. No rush.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

89 posted:

I've had the most success with public events. At 12 though I would say just keep doing whatever. Nothing loot related really matters until a little after 20. Work on the campaign and when you're bored and want a break go mess around on the open areas and make sure to turn in mats for reputation rewards.

Javes posted:

You can be the lovely pubbie in someone's guided game!

Yeah but that requires not being a reclusive weirdo who refuses to use mics BUT I MIGHT DO THAT EVENTUALLY WHO KNOWS stay tuned!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

How many missions towards the end am I? I just killed Thumos. Almost level 20 already at light 180 whatever because I keep getting side tracked by public events.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

How many missions towards the end am I? I just killed Thumos. Almost level 20 already at light 180 whatever because I keep getting side tracked by public events.

Three more after that, one more there and two 'big finale' ones. Unless I'm mistaken because I just got to what I think is the big finale mission finally and boy does it seem like the big climax to all this.

Destiny 2's story is so much better. It's still generic sci-fi evil empire stuff but at least now they had the decency to make their generic sci-fi evil empire stuff pretty and give some genuinely solid cutscenes between "YOU NEED TO GO TO FIVE ROOMS WITH MINIBOSSES AND WAVES OF ENEMIES TO MAKE THE MCGUFFIN WORK" this time.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

d3lness posted:

You are correct, legendary shards. I'm unfamiliar with the bit with mats from the planet. Do you have a link to that info? Not trying to call you out, I'm just curious.

Wall of text inc but it may be helpful to yourself and others. Hopefully it at least paints a general outline of what to do and you can just run with it from there however you wish.

Shard gathering aka the most tedious and pointless thing in all games of this type was part of the daily quest yesterday. Collect 10 Duskshards from EDZ, kind of annoying but there is a way to cheese it. Just like in D1, each planet has it's own plants or rocks that you can collect to turn in for reputation with specific factions. Your Ghost cannot see them and to be honest they look pretty drat similar to the vertical white lights in EDZ which is annoying as gently caress... but anyways.

This will answer a bit more than you asked but it's not common knowledge for some people so here we go. Others feel free to chime in with more effective or efficent ways, this is what I've used and I went from 20 to 273 in just over a day and a half of playing (12 hours total maybe).

What you want to do at level 20 is run Strikes but you'll eventually get bored of those. PvP if you're into it but it's kind of slow (faster than D1). Personally after you hit 20 I think the most ideal way to level up is to do the Daily Challenges (easy) get your rear end to the EDZ when you're done. So far they've mostly been there anyways. Keep pulling up the mini-map of that specific zone and fast travel to areas where a world event is about to start or has already started. As soon as you see it shoot any mob near it to become apart of of the event, if you don't do this that's fine just get on your sparrow and enter the radius of the event. If you're under 225 they are tough to solo but the EDZ almost always has people like myself running around trying to find high value targets and world events then most importantly, chests. There are a variety of chests on each planet with varying levels of loot. There are plenty of guides online that show you exactly where these are and they're probably worth going to if you're able to make it to them (they're often tucked back in a cave so you need serious sparrow skills or fight to it.

Before you start all of this go to Cayde in the Tower. Buy 1 or 2 of the the 4 hour consumable that allows you to see reputation chests in a large radius around you. Go loot each of these. If you find an empty zone you can get into a pattern of circle looting and net dozens within 30min. Most just have one rep token but you seemingly can get anything from them, I've never got an exotic but I have got a few legendarily (rare though). At the same time keep an eye out of Brightshards. They come in different colors (purple, white, and a black/purple, maybe a yellow I can't recall). Just loot these chests until you mind turns to mush. Thankfully the monotony is broken up by the world events and high value targets that you'll come across. If you can't beat them and no one is around just ignore it, if you see others fighting them all you need to do is involve yourself on the most minimal level and you'll get the chest at the end. This chest has rep tokens and loot. You'll get to 260 in no time, and you should be able to start soloing them prior to that unless you're really bad.

When you have a good amount go back to to Trostland and head to the top of the church to run your tokens and shards in. When you level up you'll get a legendary that's immediately decoded. Typically 2 purples, a mod, shader, etc. Rinse and repeat. Before work this morning I just stayed in Trostland. The chests spawn so fast, there are always people there so you'll get help with the 1 event that happens there and if you miss 1 of the 3 high value target spawns completely but someone else kills it, you can still loot the chest - but you only get a single rep.

Don't forget to explore the side areas now and then. They'll have chests. Some respawn for you in a few hours others a day from what I've heard (these have a higher chance of giving high value loot).

Anyways everything I just said can be found is about a dozen guides written by professionals, but I have yet to see one that shows an efficient and effective way of farming. I'm bored at work so there's my strategy. Feel free to pile on and by goony about it but it does work and it's so simple. Lke I said this got me to my LL in 273 in 12 hours and I went from 255-270 in maybe 4 hours? Of course part of that is luck but it's an RNG loot game. You may do it in 2 or 12.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Oh man, I’m at 242 right now and not only do I have the day off on Wednesday, but my SO is working away this week so TV is all mine. I can easily be raid ready by then

THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Normal mode raid gear prob only gonna drop up to 280, boooo.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

poor life choice posted:

You can upgrade that pretty drat fast with the Gunsmith though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

poor life choice posted:

WotM had a final encounter light level of 370 and it dropped gear up to like... 380? 385? Why assume that the raid drops will be locked at the encounter level?

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to do the guided raid because the salt and tears will be unreal and very hilarious. I'll do it to kill a couple of hours on a Sunday after I've already cleared it normally.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Yeah, I'd guess that the normal mode raid will drop up to 290 so that you can use that gear for HM (Prestige?) and get to 300.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Haven't played Destiny 1 in months, but just finished up the campaign yesterday with my Hunter. God drat this game is good.

Also, I didn't see myself on the Xbone sheet, so i resubmitted. (Was on there before as Commissar Red, but i changed my name to Zuul the Cat). Accept me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PSA: the guided raid will not be available for 2 weeks, gotta LFG for now

Seriously though where's the best place to find a PS4 raid team if I'm not in the clans? The discord?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Raid level is going to be 270, right?

If so, dang yeah y'all ready for this.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
^ the game director just tweeted that the range is 260-280 for normal mode. So expect the first couple of encounters to be tuned for 260 players, then the last couple will gradually go up to 280.

272 that'll do me. Still got the weekly reset too. Not looking forward to the100 all asking for 280 minimum though. Thank the lord above for goon discord

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Devour + Karnstein armlets is fun if you like having grenades like every 10 seconds

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a 2nd Bone Krew clan or just the one?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

AndrewP posted:

Devour + Karnstein armlets is fun if you like having grenades like every 10 seconds

You are correct and are playing Warlock as intended.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

haveblue posted:

I, too, am raid ready, and now I just need a Wednesday night team :/

Did you get the group PSN message I sent out? There were several people beyond my group interested

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to be out of town this weekend and I can't grind much this week so I hope there's something I can buy from Xur on friday morning

I just want a Saint 14 and a Gjallarhorn

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Has anyone got the ingame clan stuff to work? Every time I look at it, it shits the bed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

actionjackson posted:

Did you get the group PSN message I sent out? There were several people beyond my group interested

Yeah I was the one who said "we should do a second party" and then no one answered

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

You can upgrade that pretty drat fast with the Gunsmith though.

Yea, I'm at 287 with rat king and some rando energy hand cannon is all. blues are dropping at 277. Why do I feel so empty. Welp, ttyl.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

WotM had a final encounter light level of 370 and it dropped gear up to like... 380? 385? Why assume that the raid drops will be locked at the encounter level?

I forgot! :)

e: the new thread title is very good.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 11, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is anyone else using scathelocke? I haven't played in a couple days, but I keep going back to it. It's just a very satisfying, effective gun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

super macho dude posted:

Graviton Lance just seems so underwhelming as an exotic, aside from the large mag, it's perk doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Also, is there a reason to keep the eververse armor stuff that only had 10 defense aside from infusing it because it looks pretty?

3rd round has no damage falloff.

It owns.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Linx posted:

Has anyone got the ingame clan stuff to work? Every time I look at it, it shits the bed

It's not properly enabled yet. The infrastructure is in place so you're seeing the UI but it's looking funky as you've seen. I think it'll go live tomorrow or at some point in the following week.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/906190783866220544

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 11, 2017

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

lmfao someone at Bungee's getting fired, this poo poo is branded with that dumb Kekistan poo poo anime Nazis from 4chan love

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limited posted:

Ditto. From what I've seen, the 'head' guardians all seem to be hilariously inept in their own ways. I can't tell if it's just to make your character seem all the more awesome, or just bad writing.

The intro makes it seem like the entire city had spent some time just sitting around picking it's nose, paying no attention to the HUGE MENACING STORM OF DARKNESS outside the walls, or the fact all their radars and defences had been completely hosed as soon as it started.

It's bad writing. They didn't even bother to address why you (let along your fireteam or god forbid the other bazillion online folks) got your light back yet the leadership and supposed remaining guardians don't or won't try. It's poo poo jerry.

Just as I called it, the story would be more "detailed" and "cinematic" but it would also be "bad" and "dumb" and guess what? It's pretty bad and dumb. Who cares, they made fun and interesting gameplay and cool guns and powers Game stories are stupid, game lore is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jesus Christ I have a lot of quests and adventures and strikes to do now.

I hit 240, when does the Nightfall reset? Tuesday? I'll probably get higher and do the next one.

SunAndSpring posted:

lmfao someone at Bungee's getting fired, this poo poo is branded with that dumb Kekistan poo poo anime Nazis from 4chan love

lol