Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sluggslinger is also up on Amazon now with a $30 price tag. That's also tempting since I wouldn't have to keep searching for it.

Display is coming along nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea I flew back home this morning but when I left yesterday the only exclusives from HasCon that were sold out was some MLP box and leftover SDCC stuff.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Is Slugslinger's wave even out yet? I'm now pondering if I should get him to just complete the set at this point. :v:

I wonder when Power of the Prime preorders go up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Is Slugslinger's wave even out yet? I'm now pondering if I should get him to just complete the set at this point. :v:

I wonder when Power of the Prime preorders go up.

His wave had hit retail according to many people, someone here said he saw multiples.

Good Listener posted:

Yea I flew back home this morning but when I left yesterday the only exclusives from HasCon that were sold out was some MLP box and leftover SDCC stuff.

I put in a few Best Offers in at $50. Hopefully one bites so I don't have to sit at my computer waiting for HST.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So there won't be a later release of TR Arcee?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

pubic works project posted:

Yeah there will be

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm surprised Hascon doesn't have exclusives for Mask and Rom and Ponies and a bunch of neon bizarre transformers with a bizarre comic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

There is but no Ultra Magnus TM.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Inner Hot Rod is actually pretty big, not deluxe size at all.

Also Rodimus arms just laying there in the back so I guess they just clip on after all (not really sure how could it even work otherwise after all).

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

There is but no Ultra Magnus TM.

You sure? I thought they'd just release the set as it was.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm surprised Hascon doesn't have exclusives for Mask and Rom and Ponies and a bunch of neon bizarre transformers with a bizarre comic

Hey uh, that's the old con?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What I mean is that I thought they'd try to outdo the old con I guess

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

You sure? I thought they'd just release the set as it was.

Some dude who was at Hascon said that's what they were told at the con.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Some dude would never lead us astray.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Some dude would never lead us astray.

Others seem to be backing it up.

DT lay it on us.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jeez, at least in terms of just how it looks in both modes, that Hot Rod beats out every single iteration of the character since G1, with the possible exception of the Classics' Dome Zero car mode.

Maybe he won't transform as nice as the MP, (e: MP-28, not the shitshow that was MP-9) but he sure looks less awkward.

Phy fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 11, 2017

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

DT lay it on us.

Yeah, I'm interested. Just checked EBay and those prices are super butt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, I'm interested. Just checked EBay and those prices are super butt.

Lol.

Butt.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phy posted:

Jeez, at least in terms of just how it looks in both modes, that Hot Rod beats out every single iteration of the character since G1, with the possible exception of the Classics' Dome Zero car mode.

Maybe he won't transform as nice as the MP, (e: MP-28, not the shitshow that was MP-9) but he sure looks less awkward.

visible shoulder wheels stink for hot shot

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

visible shoulder wheels stink for hot shot

Tradition.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phy posted:

Nah. Sure, the torso is nicer than the MP but the arms and legs are a shitshow in comparison and the front end of the car mode is revolting, though no doubt it can actually roll so that's a plus.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Also Rodimus arms just laying there in the back so I guess they just clip on after all (not really sure how could it even work otherwise after all).

God that Rodimus is so sexy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's going to be a new Super Fire Convoy in this, huh?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Rhyno posted:

DT lay it on us.

To my knowledge there's only 1 version and it will be available either on HTS and/or through some other means in the near future.

I'll do my best to confirm though

e: product pages are up on HTS

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 11, 2017

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rhyno posted:

Wizards said non foil versions of those cards will be in an upcoming MTG set.

Also MTG is for dorks, gimmie my goddamned toys.

What, seriously? I would have to guess they mean "Unstable", which will be a sort of "joke" set. Looking at a wiki has Sword of Dungeons and Dragons listed but not Grimlock or Nerf War.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

What, seriously? I would have to guess they mean "Unstable", which will be a sort of "joke" set. Looking at a wiki has Sword of Dungeons and Dragons listed but not Grimlock or Nerf War.

Our Wizards rep told us that they'd be in there, maybe he was wrong? I just go by what I am told. Is there an MLP card in there? He said that was also a thing.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

There's going to be a new Super Fire Convoy in this, huh?

Please.

Don't get my hopes up.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

To my knowledge there's only 1 version and it will be available either on HTS and/or through some other means in the near future.

I'll do my best to confirm though

e: product pages are up on HTS

Oh, sweet. Now to camp that page. :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's weird, when I was looking at images to shamelessly swipe share here and went to both TFW and Seibertron I started to notice that the latter which I didn't visit that often seems to have a much chiller community. TFW has become an endless pool of complaining and the same guys baiting people into the same discussions over and over for eternity. Maybe people tend to get bored of that and went to the other site? who knows. Also I found better pictures and more complete Hascon updates at Seibertron including a nice detailed round-up of everything new we saw which was a cool surprise. Even the regular more known guys like Vangelus don't even post on tfw anymore outside of the podcast (which i give a listen to sometimes while I'm working, it's not bad) because it's such a poo poo community.

e: eh, sorry I don't wanna sound like I constantly just poo poo on tfw for the sake of it, it's still a nice news source the repetitive comments just irk me.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 11, 2017

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Blackheart posted:

It's weird, when I was looking at images to shamelessly swipe share here and went to both TFW and Seibertron I started to notice that the latter which I didn't visit that often seems to have a much chiller community. TFW has become an endless pool of complaining and the same guys baiting people into the same discussions over and over for eternity. Maybe people tend to get bored of that and went to the other site? who knows. Also I found better pictures and more complete Hascon updates at Seibertron including a nice detailed round-up of everything new we saw which was a cool surprise. Even the regular more known guys like Vangelus don't even post on tfw anymore outside of the podcast (which i give a listen to sometimes while I'm working, it's not bad) because it's such a poo poo community.

e: eh, sorry I don't wanna sound like I constantly just poo poo on tfw for the sake of it, it's still a nice news source the repetitive comments just irk me.

It might be since TFW's been around forever it might have the bigger crowd. And the bigger pool of shitheads.

Also, hey, Hascon exclusives hit HTS on the 20th.

https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...om-20-09/39499/

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rhyno posted:

Our Wizards rep told us that they'd be in there, maybe he was wrong? I just go by what I am told. Is there an MLP card in there? He said that was also a thing.

I don't think so, which surprised me when they were announced. Here they are https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/hascon-mtg-promos-revealed

For the uninitiated, there have been several cards like "Sword of Feast and Famine" and "Sword of Light and Shadow" that Sword of Dungeons and Dragons is patterned after, so a bit of a meta joke. Grimlock has a transform ability which allows you to flip him over and he becomes the dinosaur mode creature on the other side. He's not playable in competitive formats but in casual ones the upcoming set is going to introduce a number of dinosaur creatures for him to work with, and they are reclassifying some lizard creatures as dinosaurs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

Please.

Don't get my hopes up.
It just seems like it would fit pretty well with the gimmick, and probably could share Optimus's transformation.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It does seem like something Takara would do as a mall exclusive.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Part of me doesn't care about Arcee because it's just another Bluur repaint. The other part says it's a convention exclusive that's only about $8~ dollars more expensive than it's counterparts, and comes with a titanmaster that canonically makes literally no sense in existing otherwise but god knows I love collecting all these heads for some reason.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpazmasterX posted:

Part of me doesn't care about Arcee because it's just another Bluur repaint. The other part says it's a convention exclusive that's only about $8~ dollars more expensive than it's counterparts, and comes with a titanmaster that canonically makes literally no sense in existing otherwise but god knows I love collecting all these heads for some reason.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Transformers: God knows I love collecting all these heads for some reason

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
That could also be a line from the movies.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah it sounds like something Hound or one of the other Autobots would say while polishing their collection of severed human heads on spikes. One of them would have a yellow hardhat on. You know, for the fans.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
this is the song that plays when you show someone your titan master collection

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The song Triangle Man plays 24/7 on my Detolf farm.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

I like that he has the yellow spoiler sticking out above his shoulders, his biggest flaw in TR was that they sat below his shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just realised that not only does the leader class gimmick in POTP means that a leader Star Saber is possible (with his head being a Titan Master), but also that you can retool Star Saber into Thunderwing since they are both small jet robots inside big jet robots.