Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

A little bit of good news, it looks like Fantasy Flight is using a lottery system for World's seats this year so it won't be reliant on having a 0-ping and getting lucky to reserve a seat.

Wait... you mean in the Worlds tournament? They're not using a feeder system from regionals, like... I dunno... every other sport and game in history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Regionals still awards a seat to winners just as it has for all their games in previous years. The lottery seats are for the open seats they make available, as they have for all their other systems. I'll agree that there's plenty of reason for FFG to establish something like Magic's Pro Points or whatever Hearthstone uses. But they have always had open-sale of seats to World's which have previously been in woefully inadequate first-come-first-serve sales.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone have any suggestions for post rotation runner decks?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No Netrunner tournament at PAX West this year, it appears.

EDIT: scratch that, some bunch called Cascade Games is doing it. Pay to enter, though. :/

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for post rotation runner decks?

Nothing more backbreaking than RDI rotates out of a standard stealth Smoke build, and she still is an 80/20 favorite against anyone not on asset spam. Of course, Estelle Moon means over 50% of the meta is gonna be on EtF spam, but thems the breaks, chummer.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OK after watching CodeMarvelous, Metropole and Beyoken stream over the last week, I think Elizabeth Mills is a x3 in every corp deck because Blu Moos is straight oppressive. It's like Sol Ring got added to standard.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Blu Moos?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Of course, destroying Bloo Moose with Mills gives them 1 bad pub, which is essentially half of Bloo Moose's effect for not having it, and they can always play another Bloo Moose, but if you wait until they pitch their extras you can mitigate it somewhat (and get rid of it with a second Lizzy)

This of course all goes away when Lizzy rotates, so Enforcing Loyalty should probably be in the mix, or some other way to fight resources/locations. Sea Source + trash a resource is probably also viable, Bloo Moose is that "kill-on-sight" powerful.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 31, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Or be like me and play a horribly oppressive prison deck that runs Blacklist.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
BREAKING NEWS

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/boot-up-and-run/

FFG just announced a new Core Set. No idea what's in it, but already they've shown ETF has been replaced by Stronger Together. Cards have new art and stuff.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

FFG posted:

Do I need the Revised Core Set if I already own the classic Core Set?
There are no cards in the Revised Core Set that have not previously been introduced to the game in the classic Core Set or Genesis Cycle and Spin Cycle Data Packs. Accordingly, you will not need to purchase the Revised Core Set to play with its cards if you already acquired them with your classic Core Set or Data Packs.

Nonetheless, many of the cards from the classic Core Set will rotate out of the standard card pool, and many of its cards feature new art and appear in different quantities than they did in the classic Core Set and Data Packs.

You can find a complete list of all the cards from the Revised Core Set available as a downloadable document (pdf, 1.2 MB).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/system-refresh/

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Tevery Best posted:

BREAKING NEWS

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/boot-up-and-run/

FFG just announced a new Core Set. No idea what's in it, but already they've shown ETF has been replaced by Stronger Together. Cards have new art and stuff.

Full new core list:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/00/9c/009c2fa5-a0c2-402a-acf3-6e051613e4ca/adn49_cardlist.pdf

Some huge changes in there.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Maybe all the people who whine about siphon can get back in

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Also note that Scorched Earth is going to rotate

LordNat
May 16, 2009

sonatinas posted:

No Parasite, Yog, Noise, Scorched Earth, Corroder, etc.
Project Beale legal still, keeping fun cards like Underworld Contact.

I am really impressed with how they managed to fix a lot of issues with the core and reward those who have been with the game for a long time by making them not have to buy any new cards.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
:toot:

(I'll have more thoughts when I have time to read and process it, but I've been on this side for a long time and still earnestly believe its the best move for a game that never anticipated developing in the ways that it did.)

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

This feels like the banlist that the game has needed for the last year and a half. I'm interested to see what develops from it, though I'm sure that NBN will still be better at meat damage than Weyland.

I'm not bitter, you're bitter.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Yithian posted:

I'm sure that NBN will still be better at meat damage than Weyland.
The new Weyland card for dealing meat damage is Punitive Counterstrike, a card that only deals damage on a successful trace... and the NBN core identity helps with traces. You ain't wrong.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sonatinas posted:

gently caress this goddamn game

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

corp side looks a little better tho

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Also the next data pack has been announced: Sovereign Sight, in the Kitara Cycle

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/sovereign-sight/

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Yithian posted:

Also the next data pack has been announced: Sovereign Sight, in the Kitara Cycle

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/sovereign-sight/

I love that Ambush that becomes a 1 point Agendas. Such a great idea. Not sure how playable it will be but makes sideways trap Jinteki more fun.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Well I haven't touched the game since the last deluxe box, and the set rotation has me looking to get back into it, but 5-7 cycles at a time (I'm behind three currently) is still not exactly an easy cost to swallow, especially for anyone new looking to get in. But we knew that when rotation was announced, so shrug.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That core set looks neat, but I'm glad it's made of cards we already have so that I don't feel obligated to buy it. I can just build it from the stuff I have. No, FFG, don't tempt me with new art :negative:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

No vamp and no siphon make me very sad. They added interesting dynamics to the game and their removal will be missed

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

No Scorched means that 1 tag in Weyland is almost a joke. Bye bye Argus snare decks.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Voodoofly posted:

No Scorched means that 1 tag in Weyland is almost a joke. Bye bye Argus snare decks.

Who plays Argus when Aaron exists? It's been bye bye argus forever now.

I wish opus was gone but with vamp out maybe it won't be too bad; however opus still enables a bit. Without seeing what comes out in this next pack we may be headed to a glacier meta.

Thank god anarchs keep scrubber.

Also , pack your knives for kagugo cause with no parasites it's gonna be rough.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Netrunner was cool and good. RIPWelcome back, Netrunner!

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

berenzen posted:

No vamp and no siphon make me very sad. They added interesting dynamics to the game and their removal will be missed

Ya I really enjoy(ed) the game with siphon in it, but given the high density of dumb busted cards in red sands and flashpoint, paring down the nonsense from core+genesis+spin makes sense i suppose.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So what's crim's big HQ pressure trick now that Siphon's gone?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Legwork is quite the card still.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
90% of the time I think Account Siphon is a good card that leads to interesting strategies. 10% of the time it just feels like pure bullshit and you can't do anything and Maxx has Siphoned you for the fifth loving time. I'm not against it being in the game, but I'm not sad that it's gone.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Account Siphon is the Big Money of Netrunner

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

So what's crim's big HQ pressure trick now that Siphon's gone?

Rip deal, legwork and hq interface are still huge pressures on hq. Throw in the lack of Jackson and Fisking the corp can put a lot of pressure on them as you flood them with agendas.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I know FFG doesn't want to errata cards in ways you need to remember while playing, but making siphon remove from the game instead of going to trash would make it probably perfect. Keeps the interesting gameplay without the degenerate siphon spam.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

berenzen posted:

Rip deal, legwork and hq interface are still huge pressures on hq. Throw in the lack of Jackson and Fisking the corp can put a lot of pressure on them as you flood them with agendas.

Oh geez. I've been away for pretty much all of Red Sands, I forgot that Jackson's going to be gone.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
As someone who doesn't own any datapacks at all. I'm kind of pissed about this. One of the main reasons I bought the core set as well as all four major expansions was that they would never rotate out.

Didn't FFG promise that the core set and the four major expansions would never rotate?
Maybe this is best for the health of the game but they've made cards I bought from them, that they promised would always be playable, unplayable. Or did I misread all their original promises in the first place?

That said, I'm a casual, so, I can keep playing with my cards that have rotated out anyways. If I ever want to get serious I'll need lots of datapacks, and at that point the roughly 100$ I've dropped so far will seem like a pittance.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you don't own any datapacks at all then why in the world do you care what is legal in the standard competitive format? You can play OG Netrunner and what FFG does would affect you just the same.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I don't need to buy a new set... wait new Chaos Theory art :argh:

I guess I'll just buy one and give the rest of the dupes to my 2 core friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I still can't get over the new Gabe art, it's like FFG saw George Clooney personally "make" South Park and were like, "Maybe we can get him to option a spec script if we show him as Gabe"

• Locked thread