Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

veni veni veni posted:

I gotta say one thing that is really frustrating to me, is getting dicked over on dlc sales for buying games when they come out. Like, I'll buy a game for full price and then down the line the original version will go on sale, and the "definitive" version or whatever also goes on sale but the dlc by itself never ever does. It's like getting a middle finger for supporting them. "Oh you are a good customer, so everyone but you gets a discount"

While this is true it ignores the extra time you have the game. Pay up front and have it before everyone else or wait and get it cheaper. Sucks on your wallet, but that's how any new product works.

I also rarely play JRPGs and loved Persona 5. Beat it in about 90 hours, tried to play some other games and then came back to new game plus. I also found myself liking the social stuff a lot more on the second go round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Schremp Howard posted:

While this is true it ignores the extra time you have the game. Pay up front and have it before everyone else or wait and get it cheaper. Sucks on your wallet, but that's how any new product works.

I don't see what you mean? I don't have a problem with paying more to play a game earlier. My problem is that down the line, once sales start happening, you'll often get cut out of getting a deal on the DLC when you already own a game.

Just as an example, I bought little nightmares when it came out, and now the complete edition is on sale, but the DLC alone is not, so because I went and bought their game on launch day Im going to have to pay $15 for the DLC, while people who buy it right now at a discount can get all the DLC included for 4 dollars. It's essentially a big gently caress you to people who supported their game. And that's just one example. it happens all of the time. See what I mean? The fact that a lot of publishers aren't considerate of those giving them all of those critical week one sales is weak as gently caress.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 11, 2017

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Whoops, I misread that. I was thinking about the people who complain about the definitive version being cheaper when it comes out later. I have a friend who was pissed about Dark Souls III releasing the DLC version after some time at a cheaper price and went on autopilot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The new Kamen Rider action game is getting an English release in Asia this December. Looks like it might be good!

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-coming-asia-english-december-7

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

The new Kamen Rider action game is getting an English release in Asia this December. Looks like it might be good!

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-coming-asia-english-december-7

Will this be Japan only?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

Will this be Japan only?

Its asia only afaik

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

veni veni veni posted:

I don't see what you mean? I don't have a problem with paying more to play a game earlier. My problem is that down the line, once sales start happening, you'll often get cut out of getting a deal on the DLC when you already own a game.

Just as an example, I bought little nightmares when it came out, and now the complete edition is on sale, but the DLC alone is not, so because I went and bought their game on launch day Im going to have to pay $15 for the DLC, while people who buy it right now at a discount can get all the DLC included for 4 dollars. It's essentially a big gently caress you to people who supported their game. And that's just one example. it happens all of the time. See what I mean? The fact that a lot of publishers aren't considerate of those giving them all of those critical week one sales is weak as gently caress.

The Season Pass was on sale three weeks ago. Season Passes do go on sale sometimes. Like, the Ubisoft sale right now has an entire filter for add-ons on sale.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

thinking of picking up project cars to have a racing game on ps4. how accessible is this inscrutable car sim to someone who never got deep into any car game more complex than burnout?

Hope you're aware a sequel launches in 11 days.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
And gran turismo sport next month

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

really good year for video games y'all

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

The Season Pass was on sale three weeks ago. Season Passes do go on sale sometimes. Like, the Ubisoft sale right now has an entire filter for add-ons on sale.

There is no season pass for it in the US. I do realize season passes go on sale but it's not unusual for them not to while every other version of the game is on sale.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

veni veni veni posted:

There is no season pass for it in the US. I do realize season passes go on sale but it's not unusual for them not to while every other version of the game is on sale.

Yes it is. It's called Secrets Of The Maw, and it's currently ten dollars

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Destiny 2 is great and all but I've ended up ordering everybodys good too.

This year is a sickness

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm gonna buy destiny 2 like a big idiot

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Quantum of Phallus posted:

See you ingame Guardian.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Until Dawn is so good! I need more. I haven't just plain enjoyed a game that much in a long while.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

thinking of picking up project cars to have a racing game on ps4. how accessible is this inscrutable car sim to someone who never got deep into any car game more complex than burnout?

Project Cars is fiddly even for people who like sim racing. I'd recommend Wipeout, Driveclub (it did become decent after patches), and Dirt 4 in the non-sim handling mode for more arcade-like racers.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Project cars 2 comes out in two weeks if you can wait and see if they fixed the originals problems.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Flopstick posted:

Until Dawn is so good! I need more. I haven't just plain enjoyed a game that much in a long while.

Yeah, it's rad. I hope they keep going with that series or at least something like it. It really nailed the slasher feel.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
My PS4 is having an issue that when I google yields a lot of different answers, so I'll be specific:

Twice in the last week playing Destiny 2 (digital copy) the screen will go black and the PS4 will make a horrible buzzing sound almost like it's eating up a disc for like three seconds, then the screen will black out. It sounds like the PS4 shuts off but the light stays on, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to start up again.

Here are my guesses

1. I haven't dusted it in too long, so maybe it's a heat issue.
2. It's connected to a kinda faulty power chord.
3. It's also really old

Also worth noting that inbetween these crashes I've probably had ~5 hours of playing that weren't a problem at all

So if this has ever happened to you or you're aware of a solution to the problem in any capacity I'd appreciate any insight. I'd also like to know if it's 1 or 2 if it's too late to fix the issue with dusting or finding a better power source. Thx.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm glad I picked Everybody's Golf as my last PS4 game of the year because this series is pretty much perfect for me to just jump in and unwind for a few hours. The EG series is so evergreen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The cheapest digital Destiny 2 is €70 here, which is loving insane IMO. checked Amazon and its €50 for a disc copy so gonna order it.

I'm dumb

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Digital pricing for games in Europe is insane unless it's on sale or digital only sometimes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

One of my friends had a €225 physical preordered until he realised that was a really stupid thing.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

FauxLeather posted:

I'm glad I picked Everybody's Golf as my last PS4 game of the year because this series is pretty much perfect for me to just jump in and unwind for a few hours. The EG series is so evergreen.

Everybody's Golf is amazing, I have to give credit to people from this thread for convincing me to get it. Thankyou goons :)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My only ding on Everybody's Golf is the postgame custom club crafting seems like a completely insane and borderline cruel grind unless you pay to win. I guess I'll get them a little at a time doing daily stuff if the game holds my interest. Hope they have more courses and stuff planned.

Oh also the online lobbies on some of the courses run at like 10 FPS on my non-pro PS4, not sure what's up with that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Shenmue 1&2 also leaked from Alza, but no fancy box art or anything of that nature.

I cant get excited for this at all :nallears:.

Because I have both on Dreamcast :smuggo:. The original Shenmue is VERY much a hit-and-miss thing, but Shenmue 2 actually holds up pretty well. The plot isn't glacially-paced, you get a relatively large world to explore, and it will actually skip to meeting times instantly instead of making you wait for the clock.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

No Mods No Masters posted:

Oh also the online lobbies on some of the courses run at like 10 FPS on my non-pro PS4, not sure what's up with that

I'm hitting the same framerates and it's definitely one of the reasons I dislike the whole "open course" thing.
Having just about all holes in a course squashed into one map has definitely stunted the overall level design a lot. Previous games in the series had each hole be its own level, without needing to connect to each other geographically. As a result all the courses have a very simple and samey layout, without a lot of interesting course geography and hazards, plus performance is taking a big hit. I don't enjoy this as much as the PS3 or PSP game for that reason, might just be picky of me though.

I hope that makes sense I'm bad at explaining this stuff lol.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I look forward to my copy of everybodys golf arriving later this week but feel sorrow for my copy of dishonored 2 which constantly gets pushed to the back of the pile for no fault of its own :argh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i see dead rising 4 is coming out on ps4 in december but i recall hearing that the game was atrociously bad? that's kind of a bummer as i've had a hankering to play dead rising lately, maybe i should just get the hd remaster of the first one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It just got homogenised into a generic open world zombie thing and lost anything that was unique about the first two games since they don't focus group well.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah it seems like dead rising three ran like poo poo and was super serious and i heard they also got rid of the psychos. how do you end up making changes like that?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Focus testing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dead Rising 4 really isn't a dead rising game. Weapons can last forever, healing is immediate and auto saves are three of the big changes. They gave the property to a completely different studio who made a game they wanted to play rather than a dead rising game. The story is all over the place too. It's a very weird entry.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

VideoGames posted:

Dead Rising 4 really isn't a dead rising game. Weapons can last forever, healing is immediate and auto saves are three of the big changes. They gave the property to a completely different studio who made a game they wanted to play rather than a dead rising game. The story is all over the place too. It's a very weird entry.

so its like the bad ending version of tossing the Prey name onto the game Arkane were making. of course even that's not a great analogy because there aren't a TON of expectations on the Prey name, slapping Dead Rising 4 onto some open world zombie game is a huge waste.

the only good side of finding out all of this bad news is i am definitely going to buy the Dead Rising remaster when i get paid, provided someone doesn't tell me the port is massively hosed up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know there was a Prey game that came out in 2006 or something but I never played it and in my mind it's still an abandoned game idea from 1995 involving portals.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Prey 2006 did in fact have portals, maybe the first game to use them? Anyway it was good in a mid 2000's fps kind of way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was cool. Used the DOOM3 engine to good effect.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Prey had portals but they weren't dynamic or user-controlled, they opened at specific points like doors. There was a lot of physics weirdness in that game, you could change gravity in certain areas or walk up walls on sticky panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've played and beat both Preys and this they were both great and innovative games for different reasons. Newer Prey is probably less innovative but still a great romp.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You can join the 500+ goons who are also playing it, based on the number of PS4 clans that have to keep being made to handle the overflow.