Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I found a pair of 720% facebreakers over the weekend, any fun build ideas for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I tried out a Cyclone Gladiator build with Facebreakers grabbing max block and using two of those auto-counter skills. It was pretty decent but didn't end up very fun to play.

Facebreakers are pretty open-ended though, there's a number of skills that work with unarmed so you can pick one that tickles your fancy and build around that. Infernal Blow is one of them if you fancy the idea of punching poo poo so hard it explodes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Droxis posted:

I'm pretty new to this game and attempting to play it. Only just started scratching at red maps with a recommended fresh league sunder build. I'm discovering I'm poor as gently caress and have little concept of item value (beyond just checking the worth of any unique that drops for me). Trying to figure out where to go from here.

Do I keep carving through yellow maps for currency and hopefully some kind of big money drop? Try to upgrade to a different build to push deeper into maps?

This thing dropped, but I'm seeing a bizarre gulf in value when I check it out on poe trade:

You must become One Punch Man.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm late to post this but I'm now officially the luckiest goon. I long time ago I posted a screenshot of me finding a Mirror and now I found another one. Feel free to hate me.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Only thing this game is missing is a short selling system

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ultima66 posted:

I'm late to post this but I'm now officially the luckiest goon. I long time ago I posted a screenshot of me finding a Mirror and now I found another one. Feel free to hate me.

gently caress you

e: double gently caress you

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ultima66 posted:

Sell it for $350 and buy lotto tickets so you can turn it into a few million.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

10bux posted:

Flask minor is the 100% necessary one. The recharge every 3 seconds means at the least u might just have to wait a while. For major, i use the movespeed one.

I run without a HP flask 90% of the time but keep at least one in my inventory for random Trials. This seems normal too me though because I've played CI the last 3 leagues. Once you get used to it, its not bad at all.

My normal setup is Wise Oak (max fire and lightning res are matched) - Diamond of Staunching - Quicksilver of Adren - Dying Sun - Attack Vinktar. For uber labs, I drop the wise oak plus the diamond and add a seething/bubbling Divine HP of staunching and a longer life regen Eternal HP of adrenaline. I like to have two just in case. I also cannot stress how good the flask nodes and affixes are. On a belt, the ones you want are: Reduced charges used, Increased Duration and Life flask Recovery Rate. Depending on the amount of res you need, get as many as possible. Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit passive points are also very strong, as is the flask mod on Belly of the Beast (my favorite chest).

Your normal setup is full offense; is your damage so high that facetanking stuff can just be overcome through leech instead of having to worry about evasion? My stibnite flask is like my safety blanket right now and I don't know if I could bear to give it up just yet. Also do you have a link to your skill tree? I looked at your post history and you seemed to have eschewed the flask nodes in the most recent one so I was wondering what was up with that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ultima66 posted:

nice

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Your normal setup is full offense; is your damage so high that facetanking stuff can just be overcome through leech instead of having to worry about evasion? My stibnite flask is like my safety blanket right now and I don't know if I could bear to give it up just yet. Also do you have a link to your skill tree? I looked at your post history and you seemed to have eschewed the flask nodes in the most recent one so I was wondering what was up with that.

The main reason my setup is full offensive isn't because of my damage (which is high) it's because of my high hp 6.5k. Life flasks dont do much outside of labs and trials, and won't come close to what you leech a single shot. Yeah I'll post my tree, and I'll post 2 other versions of tried this league, all of which were good. Also, I purposefully leave out mana nodes/evasion/allres/stuff like that because it's mainly up to you and your gear to determine what you need more of.

My Profile
Alternative Tree
One more Tree

I know they are all different amounts of passives and what not, but its mainly to give you an idea of what's left.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Blight any good to base a build around or is it only useful at this point for triggering its threshold jewel Chaos debuff?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Anyone know what they're doing with dork pact berserker? Looking for advice on where to go next - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/herculepyro/characters

I'm thinking about moving away from crit - so respeccing out of annihilation, doom cast, blood siphon, trickery - and using those points for ehp (nullification mostly, i guess?) and general cast speed/spell damage/chaos damage nodes.
What would MoM look like with this build? I'm imagining that instead of getting oneshot, I'd survive the massive hit but be left with 0 mana, be unable to cast DP, and die in the next hit because I haven't leeched or regenned anything.

Aside from that, any advice on what gear to upgrade next? I'm tossing up replacing the shield with a lioneye's remorse but an extra 100 health for losing spell damage/cast speed/resists seems a bit meh.

also - is it possible to link to specific characters?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Is Blight any good to base a build around or is it only useful at this point for triggering its threshold jewel Chaos debuff?

It's not unplayable, as Pohx hit lvl 100 with it last league before the Threshold was added. The AoE is not particularly good though and you get slowed down a lot by the ramp time of the skill.

That said Pohx's build was literally just the tankiest CI Occultist he could possibly make with Abyssal Cry Poison contributing more to his damage than Blight itself, and literally every other aspect of the build was massively nerfed besides Blight.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Too bad about Blight. Oh well, guess they can't all be winners.

I learned today of The Unshattered Will. Think tonight I'm gonna see if I can pick my SR Trickster back up, get him that and a Doryani's Catalyst. Would that combo or a Searing Touch probably be better?

Wish I could use PoB at work :(

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I'm using Blight on my Essence Drain build to accelerate the DoT vs beefy enemies a bit with the threshold jewel effect. It's also helpful for slowing enemies chasing me. I should probably just give up on having it do damage itself and slot in increased duration for the crowd control effect.

This means I don't really sit there channeling, I just pop it for a second and then keep kiting.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

awesmoe posted:

Anyone know what they're doing with dork pact berserker? Looking for advice on where to go next - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/herculepyro/characters

I'm thinking about moving away from crit - so respeccing out of annihilation, doom cast, blood siphon, trickery - and using those points for ehp (nullification mostly, i guess?) and general cast speed/spell damage/chaos damage nodes.
What would MoM look like with this build? I'm imagining that instead of getting oneshot, I'd survive the massive hit but be left with 0 mana, be unable to cast DP, and die in the next hit because I haven't leeched or regenned anything.

Aside from that, any advice on what gear to upgrade next? I'm tossing up replacing the shield with a lioneye's remorse but an extra 100 health for losing spell damage/cast speed/resists seems a bit meh.

MoM requires a large mana pool so you don't wind up at 0 mana after taking a huge hit. MoM should never fully drain your mana pool, unless I guess you're not using the mana (because of soul taker or blood magic). Alternatively you could set up some offensive skill on CWDT so that your leech starts back up without having to cast anything manually.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Ultima66 posted:

We do hate you, but my love can be bought relatively cheaply.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I took my Blight character to 90, but for mobs I mainly used ED/Contagion. Not the greatest build (mainly because I built it), but can be done for quite cheap.

Blight with jewels + Temp Chains slows down enemies like a mofo though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ciaphas posted:

let me preface this by saying I love Blight and I work it into every build where it makes even a little sense

Blight isn't very good on its own. Blight feels really good in Allelopathy gloves (basically a 6 link because you're getting an empower + blight + 4 supports) but blight is kind of always going to be a "blight + X" skill. Blight + Caustic Arrow is pretty OK; Blight + Obliteration wands is real good; Blight + Essence Drain is good; Blight + Dark Pact would be good if there was any need to supplement Dark Pact. I did Blight on its own to 83 in Legacy and it sucked until I made it Blight + Abyssal Cry

Ultima66 posted:

It's not unplayable, as Pohx hit lvl 100 with it last league before the Threshold was added. The AoE is not particularly good though and you get slowed down a lot by the ramp time of the skill.

That said Pohx's build was literally just the tankiest CI Occultist he could possibly make with Abyssal Cry Poison contributing more to his damage than Blight itself, and literally every other aspect of the build was massively nerfed besides Blight.
yeah by the time Pohx hit 100 he was basically an Abyssal Cry character with some Blighting

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pohx played blight before the aoe nerfs. He had close to 50 radius with flasks up. Blight feels really bad with the radius nerfs in my opinon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

awesmoe posted:

If you have CWDT + Bladefall/BV you'll be fine. You'll leech back enough mana + your regen should be high enough to get enough mana back in about half a second at worst. And you'll be full HP without even dark pacting.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ciaphas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_wKkBiA_M

You can make a tanky as poo poo Trickster focused on Blight, mainly from their ascendancy passive that increases their life/mana regen by 70% when something dies with a DoT on it.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

awesmoe posted:

If you want to do MoM DP just use The Covenant as your body armour and socket your gems in that. If you do go MoM you should probably stay crit, since getting Atziri's Acuity is the only way to get instant mana leech afaik.

My DP character is EminaiDP, and I think it's a pretty good example of a moderately expensive crit DP character. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eminai/characters

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Acht posted:

Sure, here's a link to my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BobsBestFriend/characters

The Essence Drain is Quality_Manager.
I'm on HC, so I might pick a few more life nodes (Melding Wheel) that could work to more damage instead.
My next consideration is going for a second curse with Whispers of Doom. That's 6 points away for me and I'm currently level 82, so very feasible. This needs to be combined with Witchfire Brew flask. I might pick up the flasks nodes once I do as well.
I have my doubts about the Potency of Will wheel. Did you take it?

I did, though im not sold on it. I just dont know that the extra time does all that much.

Is the extra curse worth it for the effort you would need to keep it up?

quote:

Gear-wise, I am fairly budget. The most expensive so far is the corrupted 6L that I picked up yesterday for 25c.
Ideally, I want a Skin of the Loyal, Cherrubim's Maleficence or the MoM armour.
The weapon can (should) be replaced with a Breath of the Council, but I really like the life/mana per level for HC.
Attack speed on gloves is great for shield charging, which is a must in my opinion. I cast Contagion into ED and zerg forward 3 times to clear a few screens. Something I did not do on earlier builds for some reason...

If I stay alive for a few more levels, I'm going to sink my currency into this character and see where it will take me.
Crafting rings with Chaos damage should be fun..

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/donincognito/characters

DonDrainer is mine. I grabbed some crappy versions of stuff you want, and I think I might go upgrade some of them, but I want to upgrade my shield or right ring next and I think I need to downgrade some jewels so I dont have stupid dex requirements that mess things up. I am enjoying the dual biscos though. Never really played much with rampage before and it adds a bit of fun. Would be different on HC though.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's funny that I have had a Death's Hymn since day threeish and was waiting on trying TS again because I didn't find it so amazing leveling; now I guess I can do it next league because good lord, why prices.

Spinning to win Chicken Axe Scion is pretty fun though!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

haha guys uberlab just dropped 3 mirrors for me, then I got a headhunter out of a void card

feel free to hate me :^)

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

haha guys uberlab just dropped 3 mirrors for me, then I got a headhunter out of a void card

feel free to hate me :^)

you had to do lab for it so not worth

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone have any ballpark idea on how many perandus maps you gotta run to find a trove?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

J posted:

Anyone have any ballpark idea on how many perandus maps you gotta run to find a trove?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
I'm looking for any suggestions/improvements to the 2 builds I'm running this league. (admiral_akbrrr and Hanzo_steel_Handsome) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

For Admiral (GC Miner) Hatred is there for if/when I use an essence worm (which I haven't decided on) and I plan on swapping out fire damage for PtL at some point (unless there is a better choice)

Any help on either these 2 would be greatly appreciated.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I've been reading a bit about using Zana's breach mod on maps. A lot of people say that in general (over a longer period) that the breach mod is profitable as a whole even at 6C per map. That being said, most people are using the mod on maps T11 and up.

My map pool is currently mostly in the 6-9 range (with a few higher tier maps) and I was wondering if it was worthwhile to Breach maps that are Tier 8 / 9 (ilevel 75+) as well.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

i finally got one

please ask me about my completely ethical headhunter

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
How do I get more survivability out of a Scorching Ray build?

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
Just started maps, I should be alching pretty much all the maps i can, yeah?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

denizen posted:

Alch yellows for the Atlas bonus at least once, alch reds always, alch whites never

Do trans/alt whites for the Atlas bonus/cheap boost to IIQ/pack size.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 12, 2017

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

denizen posted:

Magic em to t5, alch em past that

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

lucifirius posted:

decoy totem, MoM, more life

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lucifirius posted:

post your character

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lucifirius/characters

MrHandsy is the character. I derped and forgot ES was nerfed hard when I started this league, but I'm trying to get away from it and more towards life + armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

denizen posted:

ziz alchs all his maps starting at tier 1.

i dont alch low tier maps personally but i do all my yellows and above