Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
2am same as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

lol if you think a game developer from seattle who has and maintains a job slipped this in deliberately.

Bruh I live in such town, and furthermore Bungie is in Bellevue where such things are normal and hell, seattle has it's fair share of "libertarian" tech douchbros

Bellevue is only accessible from seattle within a reasonable time by two connected bridges across a lake and that side of the lake has been dragging rear end on mass transit across the lake for years, because ooohhhh scary black and brown people might go to the fancy downtown Bellevue mall like they do to the other malls.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seattle area is racist as hell lmao

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Involved_in_Community_Schools_v._Seattle_School_District_No._1

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I forgot what exactly the black garden was
Like there was a corrupted chunk of the traveler in it and the vex were so impressed and baffled by it they logically concluded there was nothing they could do but worship it
But then what

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

Like there was a corrupted chunk of the traveler in it and the vex were so impressed and baffled by it they logically concluded there was nothing they could do but worship it
But then what

"The Aristocrats!!!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I forgot that the Exo Stranger had the two dumbest lines in all of Destiny 1, how the vex are so evil they hate other evil and how she doesn't have time to explain why she doesn't have time to explain

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you're a good dude ABGD

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the writers totally hosed up the scale of villain importance on the first game
Like yeah the Fallen who are the last raid threaten to destroy all of humanity and the Cabal are dumb spehs mureens oorah and the Hive who got two expansions threaten to destroy the entire universe eventually but the Vex loving want to rewrite reality to make their superiority a fundamental law of nature on every single multiverse which is a pretty big deal because they were super close to achieving it

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I like the fallen and I feel bad killing them

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Anthony Burch wrote the dialogue for the popular first person multiplayer loot-based shooter, Borderlands 2.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
borderlands was cool because i got a jakobs shotgun that shot slugs or something or had some ridiculously tight cone (cone joke) so i could snipe people with it. it could oneshot people across the entire distance of the dueling area, it was awesome. the rest of the game sucked.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Soulex posted:

If you're gonna quote Jello Biafra, pick an equally badass quote.

His monologue at the beginning of Ministry's Rape and Honey works. That whole goddamn song even.

I'm quoting Matt Furie drat you. However this also works.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Is there a discord?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Daric posted:

I don't

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If it lets me pull the trigger, you deserve to die

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I believe ugly alien are scum

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat, I just realized I never got my MIDA Mini-Tool from Devrim Kay. Am I just screwed until Bungie deploys a fix?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

If Anthony Burch really wrote for Destiny 2 that explains Failsafe which is basically robot Tiny Tina.

That also explains why my gross rear end friend had to tell me how he bets the voice actress for Failsafe is so hot and needs to see what she looks like.

curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

Daric posted:

I would really like to see some story content on their pre-Whirlwind golden age - maybe via Vex timetwisting. It would also be cool to see what other races would express as as guardians (Ghaul was a bit of a edit: missed opportunity in that context), but I got the impression that this was something the traveller hadn't tried before.

curious fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 12, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm actually having a lot of fun in PvP when I'm not teamed up against an entire clan.

Seriously Bungie what the gently caress, you've been making games for decades now, figure out some basic poo poo. Dump clans into their own queue or ban them from quickjoin completely.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm actually having a lot of fun in PvP when I'm not teamed up against an entire clan.

Seriously Bungie what the gently caress, you've been making games for decades now, figure out some basic poo poo. Dump clans into their own queue or ban them from quickjoin completely.

they already did this in halo 2, nearly a decade and a half ago

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Biff Rockgroin posted:

If Anthony Burch really wrote for Destiny 2 that explains Failsafe which is basically robot Tiny Tina.

That also explains why my gross rear end friend had to tell me how he bets the voice actress for Failsafe is so hot and needs to see what she looks like.

You can just say you want to see failsafe naked, we're all friends here

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i want to gently caress the robot

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://i.imgur.com/dCWhCdS.gifv

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm kind of surprised at how barebones the PVP experience is in general. I guess they're saving extra modes for content updates and DLCs.

I agree though, the lack of a pure solo queue really kills any motivation to spend more time in the Crucible.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I would be fine with no solo queue if there were larger games. But 4v4 means that even going up against a pair who are coordinated is enough to make things chancy.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Calaveron posted:

But then what

I thought it was more that the vex observed religion and decided to make their own in one specific sect or whatever to see if they could become more powerful and in turn used the shard as a set piece as well. I thought that was cool as gently caress the way the vex are written.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I am becoming increasingly convinced that the only reason why pulse rifles exist is so that bads that don't know how to compensate for vertical recoil can still get at least three shots in. Otherwise they seem to be lovely auto rifles at best. But by god the game thinks I need ten of them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So are clan reward engrams from hawthorne like the engrams for faction rewards from other characters? As in, absolutely do not pick them up until you're like power level 260-265?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I am becoming increasingly convinced that the only reason why pulse rifles exist is so that bads that don't know how to compensate for vertical recoil can still get at least three shots in. Otherwise they seem to be lovely auto rifles at best. But by god the game thinks I need ten of them.

it's the Halo battle rifle

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I like the graviton lance. It isn't amazing but it's fun to break out, but then it's basically a scout rifle, so...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Calaveron posted:

But then what
I don't know but the vegetation on Nessus really makes it feel like a variation on that theme and poo poo I want some substantial Vex backstory already, it's really jarring how little we know about them now that we're getting all the Cabal exposition we could ever want

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
right now my biggest complaint is that none of the guns i've gotten feel very...good. like, i'm constantly using mida because it's just 'a gun that shoots straight' and not a whole lot of legendaries honestly seem to do that. maybe i'm spoiled by destiny 1 god rolls.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

right now my biggest complaint is that none of the guns i've gotten feel very...good. like, i'm constantly using mida because it's just 'a gun that shoots straight' and not a whole lot of legendaries honestly seem to do that. maybe i'm spoiled by destiny 1 god rolls.

Nameless Midnight is a pretty drat good. I prefer it over the MIDA. I just use the MIDA because it has higher light.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yea I just finished the story on my Titan and still trying to get a good feel for what kinda guns I like beyond 'can I shoot steady with this'. I'm liking my current go of a rifle with a hand cannon and a sick rear end sniper rifle for my power weapon (though I have two swords for other elemental coverage and because swords fuckin rule).

To be honest I'm just mainly loving my flaming hammer titan that throws hammers that explode into pools of HOLY FIRE that I can use. I didn't expect Destiny to have a Paladin class but here we are.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

bloodychill posted:

Is there a discord?

Is there an OP?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nameless Midnight is probably the best all-around PVE gun right now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Is there an OP?

In your heart, you know the answer

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

Nameless Midnight is probably the best all-around PVE gun right now.

this ties into the other problem: even if there was a gun that looked cool, if there's not a quest to get it, what the gently caress am i supposed to do? the gunsmith only gives me lovely suros elemental scouts and hawthorne's shotgun. the fact there's no way to acquire a gun that you want is absolutely mind-boggling to me. what am i supposed to if i keep getting SMGs? accept the fact i'll never damage an enemy more than four feet away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Calaveron posted:

And the writers totally hosed up the scale of villain importance on the first game
Like yeah the Fallen who are the last raid threaten to destroy all of humanity and the Cabal are dumb spehs mureens oorah and the Hive who got two expansions threaten to destroy the entire universe eventually but the Vex loving want to rewrite reality to make their superiority a fundamental law of nature on every single multiverse which is a pretty big deal because they were super close to achieving it

Don't forget that of all the enemies you fight in D1 and every one of it's expansions, the most powerful are still the Gorgons in VOG, who could simply redefine you as never having existed