Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

eddy cue org is a confederacy of dunces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the leaks benefit Apple because it means the stupid poo poo (no touchid on iPhone x) gets disseminated over the course of days or weeks so everyone has already heard about it and don't all go full retard tomorrow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

the leaks benefit Apple because it means the stupid poo poo (no touchid on iPhone x) gets disseminated over the course of days or weeks so everyone has already heard about it and don't all go full retard tomorrow

In case you haven't noticed, everyone's been in full retard mode for months now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Management posted:

In case you haven't noticed, everyone's been in full retard mode for months now

oh, only months?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the shamefulness of the apple leaks pales in comparison to all the recent stymie quoting

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

quote:

That person should be ashamed of themselves, and should be very worried when their phone next rings.

what a bootlicking bitch

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Rex-Goliath posted:

i've been really impressed with how well apple pay works tbh

i don't think it's ever not worked for me

i tried it the other day at a DSW with both an amex and a MasterCard ApplePay and it just errored out at me

then again this is the company that just started supporting EMV like 2 months ago, and their innovative mobile salespeople strategy was to give them massive Windows tablets to hang around their neck.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just found an option in iOS 11 under “iTunes and App Store” to not let apps nag for reviews

idk if this existed pre 11 but blessed be tim

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

just found an option in iOS 11 under “iTunes and App Store” to not let apps nag for reviews

It is not there in iOS 10.

I am excited for this feature in iOS 11.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i wanna say they disallowed custom rating prompts/begging in app store guidleins too?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's a new feature

Last Chance posted:

i wanna say they disallowed custom rating prompts/begging in app store guidleins too?

they are not allowed to beg for reviews more than like two or three times. and they have to use the standard prompt, none of this "rate this app 5 stars" bullshit.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jimmy Carter posted:

i tried it the other day at a DSW with both an amex and a MasterCard ApplePay and it just errored out at me

then again this is the company that just started supporting EMV like 2 months ago, and their innovative mobile salespeople strategy was to give them massive Windows tablets to hang around their neck.

i fuckin hate dsw so bad. signs everywhere that say "we have your size" then when i ask if they can order my size they go "we don't go that high lol". stupid shoe clowns.

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
"doubling down on security"

double zero is still zero

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

watchOS 4: have a nice Monday

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

THC posted:

watchOS 4: have a nice
Monday

FTFY

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ty watch

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

THC posted:

watchOS 4: have a nice Monday

gently caress you, watch

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
dumb OS X question: i installed the latest version of sierra (10.12.6) and immediately after, all my internet accounts were hosed. nothing shows up in the internet accounts section of system preferences, email/notes/calendar/etc are all empty, and when you re-add accounts, it says they're already there

you also can't remove icloud (and everything is broken there too)

google says "delete a bunch of files and keys" but that didn't work, do i have any options short of wiping and starting again?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

see also "a touchscreen phone", "a new connector", "Retina display", "NFC payments", "dual camera", etc.

Phones that bend, cables that don't, a billion different dongles with no way of connecting your flagship laptop to your flagship phone without one, """smart"" watch

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

dumb OS X question: i installed the latest version of sierra (10.12.6) and immediately after, all my internet accounts were hosed. nothing shows up in the internet accounts section of system preferences, email/notes/calendar/etc are all empty, and when you re-add accounts, it says they're already there

google says "delete a bunch of files and keys" but that didn't work, do i have any options short of wiping and starting again?

#1: don’t wait until a few days before a new major version is released to upgrade to the current new version

#2: dunno. try restarting and see if that helps.

#3: if you’ve installed any weird poo poo like extensions that gently caress with the OS, uninstall then before you upgrade.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

i fuckin hate dsw so bad. signs everywhere that say "we have your size" then when i ask if they can order my size they go "we don't go that high lol". stupid shoe clowns.

I'd imagine it's not profitable to make size 18 4W womens shoes.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cis autodrag posted:

shoe clowns.

it's u

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheany posted:

Phones that bend, cables that don't, a billion different dongles with no way of connecting your flagship laptop to your flagship phone without one, """smart"" watch
you can connect your phone to your laptop without a dongle easy :confused:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Doc Block posted:

#1: don’t wait until a few days before a new major version is released to upgrade to the current new version

#2: dunno. try restarting and see if that helps.

#3: if you’ve installed any weird poo poo like extensions that gently caress with the OS, uninstall then before you upgrade.

also there's the whole check with the suppliers of your software if the newest OS will break said software.

yosemite and matlab had this issue. alternative interpretation: mathworks is a terrible company

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

you can connect your phone to your laptop without a dongle easy :confused:

not if you buy apple's latest amazing products

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

not if you buy apple's latest amazing products

sure you can

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

my 7 plus is only about 880 CAD according to kijiji

new phone will prob cost way more so I guess not worth it right now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

sure you can

idgi, is it a joke I'm missing

i have a touch bar Mac Pro and and iPhone and you need a dongle to connect them

anyway I'm very excited to see Tim cooked tell us all the stuff we read on 9-5Mac last week

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
bluetoof

also wifi sync

no dongle

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
when does this clownshow start

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
go to my keynote thread or die

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
will the new phone have touchid or does it belong in the trash?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's two new phones, possibly three if you count the clown-size one as a separate phone, and yes.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

sounds like you're holding it wrong

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

poty posted:

go to my keynote thread or die

i choose death

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Wheany posted:

i choose death

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Wheany posted:

i choose death

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
mods plz change my av to Jony frowning as a poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no, you missed the keynote, jennifer's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/BostonJerry/status/907673044461768707

• Locked thread