Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Bleck posted:

See the reason I put apostrophes around 'depth' is because the way that video game mans seem to use it seems arbitrary and meaningless with enough time

you sure sound like you know what youre talking about dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i laugh every time i remember tvc bursts

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Firstborn posted:

Why even make this game if you couldn't get the X-Men

Look here you son of a bitch, no one cares about specific characters! They want the functions, they don't care who you stick on there! You could have wireframe people and it would sell like loving hotcakes!!!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NecroMonster posted:

i laugh every time i remember tvc bursts

same but the assists, the netcode, the visual style, the capcom roster besides frank west/vjoe and this video

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah, but this game has tvc bursts lmbo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

pissdude posted:

you sure sound like you know what youre talking about dude

Yeah man

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

quietly hoping this game breaks street date

https://twitter.com/Moronfinder2000/status/904350185198944256

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Grapplejack posted:

Look here you son of a bitch, no one cares about specific characters! They want the functions, they don't care who you stick on there! You could have wireframe people and it would sell like loving hotcakes!!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

boy, that guys' post history is something else

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
OK so they actually tried to give this one a story, and the premise for this game's story is that somehow through magic infinity stone whatever that "The two worlds have merged!" and all the trailers have the villains and stuff talking about how there was some event that merged two different universes.

OK so all the Marvel characters are from the same continuity, but...

Shouldn't it be MORE than just two universes that have been combined? Because I'm pretty drat sure that Mega Man does not come from the same continuity as the Resident Evil characters

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bbf2 posted:

OK so they actually tried to give this one a story, and the premise for this game's story is that somehow through magic infinity stone whatever that "The two worlds have merged!" and all the trailers have the villains and stuff talking about how there was some event that merged two different universes.

Shouldn't it be MORE than just two universes that have been combined? Because I'm pretty drat sure that Mega Man does not come from the same continuity as the Resident Evil characters

how do you know this for sure

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bbf2 posted:

congrats on putting more thought into the story mode of a capcom game than capcom ever has

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Bleck posted:

See the reason I put apostrophes around 'depth' is because the way that video game mans seem to use it seems arbitrary and meaningless with enough time

much like yoru posting

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Capcom World has always had a thoroughly consistent internal history that accounts for all of their games in one timeline.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Two universes, each of which houses a multiverse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bbf2 posted:

I believe if you pay attention to the very canonical game Namco x Capcom you'll find you're wrong.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
They should just make a fighting game entirely set in the RE/Biohazard universe.

I mean they already have Chris, Jill, Wesker, and Nemesis in place. Just throw in Barry, Jake, Hunk and a Licker and you got yourself a party.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 4, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I believe if you pay attention to the very canonical game Namco x Capcom you'll find you're wrong.
I'm not sure any mortal has gotten far enough in that game to learn how its story goes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

can tofu be in resident evil: the fighters?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wonder why is his text in image form

Kurtofan posted:

how do you know this for sure
devil may cry confirmed prequel of the final fight series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I'm not sure any mortal has gotten far enough in that game to learn how its story goes.

i beat it

it ends with morrigan and demitri loving

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Vakal posted:

They should just make a fighting game entirely set in the RE/Biohazard universe.

I mean they already have Chris, Jill, Wesker, and Nemesis in place. Just throw in Barry, Jake, Hunk and a Licker and you got yourself a party.

Change everything about this to Phoenix Wright and make it like some kind of WWE setting.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Make a Phoenix Wright fighting game where his UMVC3 mechanics are universal, the stage backgrounds are mental landscapes and normals are all thinking poses.

Quercus Alba has the highest HP in the game.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Make a Phoenix Wright fighting game where his UMVC3 mechanics are universal, the stage backgrounds are mental landscapes and normals are all thinking poses.

Quercus Alba has the highest HP in the game.

As long as this guy is in it, that's all that matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q-VMxOBuM8

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__-3SgRp8AU

Costumes look pretty cool imo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Command Mission X doesn't have the scarf which is like the best thing about the CM costume?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Command Mission X doesn't have the scarf which is like the best thing about the CM costume?

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

It's just weird they'd chose that specific costume and then cut out the most memorable thing about it since it's not a great costume otherwise.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The scarf is there it's just permanently clipping into his body at all times

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Good idea to give blue eyed blonde haired Norse god a nazi armband.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvci/sp/character/haggar.html#capcom

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6UihGV8IDlNQwRA2

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 8, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As expected of Sigma. Ultron Sigma has a second form.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/sep/09/footage-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-final-boss-revealed/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

capcom gave Justin "Bud Light" Wong a copy of MvCI and are letting him stream it before release https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

I think Spider-Man looks good

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 11, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fadam posted:

capcom gave Justin "Bud Light" Wong a copy of MvCI and are letting him stream it before release https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

I think Spider-Man looks good
im very interested in spidey and chun in this one when i didn't care much for them in mvc3.

watching that stream, justin just opening up marn with the reality stone over and over and over. hard to punish it or move into an advantageous position at all if one is heading for you. jwong is shooting out the stone mid triangle jump and it will catch marn hitting a button.

it is justin, though. still, gross.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's some bullshit in Infinite, I just wish the game wasn't a lazy rip-job.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

tvc bursts and no assists

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was it taken down? Kinda curious as to the design

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

tvc bursts and no assists

tvc bursts make me pretty concerned, from what I've seen of that game. No assists...I mean, it's dumb for a Marvel game but I've long ago decided to treat this as "Not Marvel" and more like some anime BS.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was it taken down? Kinda curious as to the design

Looks like it.

Here is what he looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lmao that is a sigma phase 2 design if I ever saw one.

• Locked thread