Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Pointing out that Hillary wasn't a bad candidate because she lost, in of itself, is important. She was bad for other reasons which caused her to lose. Throwing around that she was bad because she lost immediately makes her a better than all but one person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol she is so not mad

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hubris bad, sincerity good? :thunk:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/907425517393018880

aww didums the poor widdle white nationalist got his fee-fees hurt?

good. may the poo poo rain down on him like niagra, voluminous and endless

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

Hubris bad, sincerity good? :thunk:

But trump won so hubris is clearly great and sincerity is terrible for winning a campaign.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

But trump won so hubris is clearly great and sincerity is terrible for winning a campaign.

what if trump represented the collective hubris of white America, sincerely?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if trump, but too much?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

what if trump, but too much?

still waiting for the punchline on that honestly, (not from you)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Harrow posted:

Plot twist: Dems unite behind Medicare for All, run on it in 2018, win a slim majority, somehow get it passed both houses, and browbeat Trump into signing it so he can "do healthcare."

I mean it's one of those really unlikely M. Night Shyamalan twists but it'd still be a twist so

then they run away from it in 2020 because its a trump bill

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/dubsteppenwolf/status/907376702963290112

who cares if its been posted because :lol::lol::lol:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bip Roberts posted:

Pointing out that Hillary wasn't a bad candidate because she lost, in of itself, is important. She was bad for other reasons which caused her to lose. Throwing around that she was bad because she lost immediately makes her a better than all but one person.

She was especially bad because she lost.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmmm hill's running mate didn't even get an advance copy, but sarah lerner did lol

https://twitter.com/mariannanbcnews/status/907351788923363329
https://twitter.com/mariannanbcnews/status/907382766203011074

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Onion?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

She was pretty clearly trying to make the point that she felt entitled to have other people vote for the sole candidate who wasn't actively going to try to murder and oppress the marginalized and the powerless.

I'm not sure why Political Scientist, Lawyer, and Hillary Supporter Candice Aiston would insist that people had a moral obligation to write in Bernie Sanders, but, well, it's a funny old world.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno, it's pretty much inherently correct that there were no candidates better at winning a democratic primary.

That’s what I meant to suggest.

The idea is technically true, but FiveThirtyEight seems a little disingenuous by finishing their argument that way. Bernie supporters argue that systemic issues with the primary system unfairly stacked the deck against his run, which has clear parallels to valid claims of sexism made by Hillary supporters. It’s a little unfair to bring up one side during the conversation and dismiss the other, even though both issues significantly impacted the results.

They did say that they’ll talk more about Bernie next week, so it’s possible that they just ran out of time. Hopefully ‘part 2’ will fix that glaring omission.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

hahahaha this owns.
She blames him too, somehow.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
*picks the most lackluster but senior democrat with similar policy to be their running mate so they don't overshadow them but still represent what they do*

*Send them on weird cool dad exercises while you meme it up like a chillax mom, yo*

*Lose the election, because AppleBees is being destroyed by Millenials.*

*Blames everyone, including the guy you hired to be lackluster as gently caress, for being lackluster as gently caress and not farming enough votes.*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ThndrShk2k posted:

hahahaha this owns.
She blames him too, somehow.

wasn't Super Saiyan Joe Biden

What a loving failure

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Vox Nihili posted:

She was especially bad because she lost.

Fair.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

page 7:

"gently caress you tim why didn't you speak Spanish more"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ThndrShk2k posted:

*picks the most lackluster but senior democrat with similar policy to be their running mate so they don't overshadow them but still represent what they do*

*Send them on weird cool dad exercises while you meme it up like a chillax mom, yo*

*Lose the election, because AppleBees is being destroyed by Millenials.*

*Blames everyone, including the guy you hired to be lackluster as gently caress, for being lackluster as gently caress and not farming enough votes.*

Well she didn't just pick him to be lackluster, she thought she needed to balance the ticket with someone more conservative than her, as part of her Trump defector strategy and because she still thought it was the 90s.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Tim Kaine Chocolate Harmonica

cos he likes to toot on poop, smeared hands and mouth

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol at having had two republicans on the dem ticket

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well she didn't just pick him to be lackluster, she thought she needed to balance the ticket with someone more conservative than her, as part of her Trump defector strategy and because she still thought it was the 90s.

Yet she didn't pick the obvious choice?

She should have clapped...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Hillary was an exceptionally bad candidate who couldn't stand up to scrutiny.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Breakfast All Day posted:

i hope its more of a talented mr ripley thing

single woke female

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Remember when there were labor protests in Wisconsin and Obama did sweet gently caress-all?

Know Such Peace posted:

Their main point was that the media’s current backlash against Hillary is being made for the wrong reasons. It’s potentially an interesting take, but I don’t think they did a good job of fleshing out their argument.

I think it's fair to say that HRC was subjected to two decades of Republican smear campaigns, some of which was rooted in misogyny, and some of which was rooted in your basic conservative antagonism towards liberals.

... but that just goes back to the problem of why would you let this person be the candidate in the first place.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Actually Tim Kaine was chosen because he backed her in 2008 and helped her stack the deck in the interim for the 2016 primary.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

still waiting for the punchline on that honestly,

well, you see--

quote:

(not from you)

...oh. :(

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Tim Kaine Chocolate Harmonica

cos he likes to toot on poop, smeared hands and mouth

Verrit.com authetnication code: 0443178

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Jeb! Repetition posted:

She wanted someone who was "More Conservative", being someone who publicly held many of the same views she privately did.
She wanted the VP to be a robot clone of herself, but lacking that she picked Tim

Little did she know that he had a glimpse into the soul of humans through the magic of harmonica music.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

thanks for calling the universal voter registration hotline. as a registered democrat, you have been automatically enrolled in the TWENTY TWENTY GENERAL ELECTION to vote for PRESIDENTIAL candidate MARK ZUCKERBERG. you may hang up now and your vote will be cast. if you are a racesexist and would like to change your vote, please remain on the line. note this called is being recorded and you will be required to declare your racesexism before changing your vote. the current wait time is approximately TWO HOURS

*fight song hold music plays*

https://i.imgur.com/vvOoqcx.gifv

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

MaxxBot posted:

Pod Save America who was literally right about to interview Hillary was still able to have a somewhat critical analysis of her book. FiveThirtyEight podcast on the other hand was basically Peter Daou radio hour. Harry Enten was the only person willing to entertain any criticism of Hillary whatsoever.

Is the PSA episode worth listening to or should I just skip it so my head doesn't pop off from shaking too much?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

YEAAHU AAAH AAAAH YEAAAUUHH UHH UHH

AHAAAA :drum::guitar::sax:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

well, you see--

...oh. :(

no like, America is the punchline here and it's coming. We're all gonna get our asses kicked by the militarized police~ We're the punchee, and they set the line

bless you gene hackman fan :kiddo:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Neeksy posted:

Is the PSA episode worth listening to or should I just skip it so my head doesn't pop off from shaking too much?

The PSA episode wasn't that bad considering who they are, the FiveThirtyEight episode on the other hand was poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this reminded me of a guy I always hated in college who was loud, obnoxious, and inexplicably popular

looked him up, he's bald, obese, and working a generic desk job now

good riddance

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

this reminded me of a guy I always hated in college who was loud, obnoxious, and inexplicably popular

looked him up, he's bald, obese, and working a generic desk job now

good riddance

please dont doxx me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Does anyone else think that if Obama had put his weight behind some generic Dem under 65 (oh, Deval Patrick for example) they could have won the primary and the general?

Definitely the general I think. Bad as they are I don't blame the Dems for favoring Hillary over Bernie. I do, however, blame them for settling on Hillary before the race even started.

• Locked thread