Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Razorsaw, chill the hell out man. You are like the most uptight and humorless person I have ever seen, good lord.

Just chill out, eat a chili dog and enjoy Sonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

edit: never mind

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It's like I said, Sonic Boom is a show full of hits and misses. Some gags are great, some of them suck.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Alternately: Razorsaw, disengage if that's what makes you feel better, but never take Gammatron's advice on anything. When he isn't insisting everyone calm down and stop taking things so seriously, he's sharing islamophobic memes on Twitter and complaining about Black Lives Matter.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 12, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I guess I could think of worse places than the Sonic fandom to discuss gender politics? Maybe? :shrug:

brand name canned soup
Aug 20, 2009

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
(clap clap clap clap)
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
(clap clap clap clap)
knuckles is black yall

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no knuckles is red and cream color

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The White Dragon posted:

no knuckles is red and cream color

I thought Cream was cream color.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Knuckles is red and the color of Cream.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

On the other hand, 'Oops, one too many!' is the best gag Sonic's ever done.
:yeah:
It really is.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The last page of this thread has been a supersonic trip

INTO THE GARBAGE CAN

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zelder posted:

The last page of this thread has been a supersonic trip

INTO THE GARBAGE CAN

It's a Sonic thread tradition!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

It's a Sonic thread tradition!

its our own sonic cycle

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think Ken Penders chat is coming up next.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Sonic is extremely Good.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So even though I may not enjoy Forces as much as I did Mania...

I cannot wait to have a dedicated button to do a powered fist bump with Sonic that also plays 'Fist Bump' sung by Hoobastank's lead singer.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Golden Goat posted:

I think Ken Penders chat is coming up next.

Curve ball bitch! It's Flynn chat!

So I was watching the Fund the Computer Room replay where Ian commented over Sonic Colours and answered a few questions, namely stuff that he could (Only a little "Knowing Smile" which he used when asked if he was aware IDW was doing its announcement) Talked about submitting a script for Colours, writing for Sonic Boom for 2 episodes (He wrote more and said if they get a season 3 they might use them there), talked about his goal when he first took over the book (It was this weird Sword and Sorcery Science fiction.... furry thing. And I wanted to make it a comic about Sonic.) The creation of Eggman's Dozen and WHY he picked their designs (Thunderbolt was originally menacing, but when Aleah suggested that he instead make her something unassuming, she became the comedy character she is) With the idea being he'd used Unleashed to build Sonic's world, he would set up an Egg-Boss and conflict and Allies in each area with the idea being "Now, at any time, Sonic can go to any part of the world, and has a plot."

His other main focus was bringing the villains under Eggman's heel, since there was too often in the comic a feeling that Eggman was a sideshow villain in the series.

Anyway the audio quality is poo poo, and there are connection issues, but it's worth a watch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

There a link to that?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Onmi posted:

Just don't open this can of worms. Do us all a favor because nothing of value will come from it.

Instead, the Sonic account says that they're going to start releasing more Forces info soon.

I'm legitimately proud of most people in this thread for not engaging him in this discussion and making the thread even worse lol

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Golden Goat posted:

There a link to that?

Yes there is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97-2ktV_xSg

Side note, going through old comic issues, 2 things.

1. When Karl Bollers wrote Sonic's Time Skip to a year later, one of the things he wanted to do was actually incorporate Amy, who had to this point been used... not at all basically, into the plot as a fighter character, not one shoved off to school or to her off-screen Robin Hood cousin. Anyway, the artist for these issues was loving awful, but more hilariously, knew NOTHING about Sonic, main way to know this? Well, one of the big scenes of the book, was that while Vector was defending the city from robot hordes using giant speakers and a turntable set up (Also, when people ask me why I give Bollers a pass for improving, because "And Vector defends the fortress with a gigantic speaker set up and a turntable to give Amy Rose enough time to use her magical girl powers to empower her hammer to berserker rush the enemy army" is just cool.)

Anyway, point is, the artist, instead of drawing her with her Piko Piko hammer.

Drew her with a sledge hammer.

2. Aforementioned loving Speaking/Turntable combo.

God that art is ugly and the actual content of the writing ain't much better.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

"Ian your voice is so sensual"

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

In SA2 knuckles had a really tanned muzzle colour and I always thought that looked good with the red

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm legitimately proud of most people in this thread for not engaging him in this discussion and making the thread even worse lol

*looks at rap sheet*
yeah ok buddy

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Golden Goat posted:

I cannot wait to have a dedicated button to do a powered fist bump with Sonic that also plays 'Fist Bump' sung by Hoobastank's lead singer.

I want to know what happens when you fail to press square

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ventana posted:

you leave sonic hanging

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Augus posted:

*looks at rap sheet*
yeah ok buddy

I learned my lesson. Maybe. I dunno, I like poking beehives.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ventana posted:

You wouldn't dare

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Maybe don't engage with the guy who takes every single thing anyone says literally to the most autistic of extremes (and I mean that in the very literal actual sense, not the meme one)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:yikes:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Golden Goat posted:

i mean i wanna play as my oc do not steal as much as anyone else, but, uh, has hoobastank even been relevant since like 2001

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Without A Fight was a great penultimate song in Elite Beat Agents.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really like this game and I've had a lot of fun with it but man, CPZ 1 is just atrocious for where it's placed in the game

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why is that? My only big complaint is I wish Hydrocity was earlier.

And didn't kinda suck.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm ready for the flood of Sonic x OC fanfics where Fist Bump takes on a completely new meaning.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Why is that? My only big complaint is I wish Hydrocity was earlier.

And didn't kinda suck.

The vertical shaft with rotating blocks that have an enormous pinchbox coupled with how easy it is to fall right back into that shaft, mainly.

There's nothing fun about that part and from what I saw it's unavoidable, and it's annoying when I'm taking turns with some friends and the flow just gets completely hosed up because anyone without a ton of platformer experience keeps dying over and over

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I mean that exact section was in the exact same place in Sonic 2, so... :shrug:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

I mean that exact section was in the exact same place in Sonic 2, so... :shrug:

They should have put the barrel in Studiopolis

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

The vertical shaft with rotating blocks that have an enormous pinchbox coupled with how easy it is to fall right back into that shaft, mainly.

There's nothing fun about that part and from what I saw it's unavoidable, and it's annoying when I'm taking turns with some friends and the flow just gets completely hosed up because anyone without a ton of platformer experience keeps dying over and over

You can completely skip that section, you know the part just before where you go down a long ramp? at the bottom when it curves up if you jump at just the right time you can use the momentum to get right up to what child me has always called the 'suitcases' (floating platforms that move left and right)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Played some more Mania last night and I just wanted to say that I think Press Garden is a pretty cool stage, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

TheKingofSprings posted:

That part is hella frustrating but also iconic, as a kid I got that part so rote that I routinely did it without ever touching the rising water. I also lost it when I saw someone stream it and find that there is a bonus ring at the bottom, I would have never ever found it.

It sucks on your first play-through but can be completely circumvented by taking the upper path.