Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Yeah, but normally they fail to do what they say *after* they're elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bike tory posted:

Practically it's not very clear how they're planning to stay in TPP but also renegotiate, because we've already ratified it.
The TPP doesn't come into effect until at least four more countries ratify it, and the whole thing is being reexamined by every member anyway after the US dropped out after hijacking all of the negotiations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Jjust voted. 2 ticks act baby

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

exmarx posted:

Jjust voted. 2 ticks act baby
!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/womensrefugenz/photos/a.10150312549368072.390955.76086883071/10155978550518072

Also, Paddy's apparently got a poll this evening. Hooton apparently said National was on 37%.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 12, 2017

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I swear to God every day I go out to buy lunch Chris Bishop is standing on the same corner handing out his leaflets. It doesn't do my appetite any good.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

https://www.facebook.com/womensrefugenz/photos/a.10150312549368072.390955.76086883071/10155978550518072

Also, Paddy's apparently got a poll this evening. Hooton apparently said National was on 37%.

TOP: got more important poo poo to do than respond to femo-nazi organisations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

poo poo yes give me more polls

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Robo Captain posted:

I swear to God every day I go out to buy lunch Chris Bishop is standing on the same corner handing out his leaflets. It doesn't do my appetite any good.

I know I was just down in the Hutt visiting my grandad every 5 houses there's his face looking like a piece of chewed gum.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Firstscion posted:

I know I was just down in the Hutt visiting my grandad every 5 houses there's his face looking like a piece of chewed gum.

Having seen him in real life, let me just say there's a drat reason he's only ever photographed from a straight-on angle. Dude looks like a sad Mister Punch from the side.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Somfin posted:

Having seen him in real life, let me just say there's a drat reason he's only ever photographed from a straight-on angle. Dude looks like a sad Mister Punch from the side.

Grandpa or Gower?

poo poo, I mean Bishop, but also Gower I guess

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I also saw Ginny on the other side of the road handing out her own flyers, she seemed quite nice and wasn't at all fazed when I said my party vote was going to the Greens.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
TOP candidates in 'lying through their teeth' shock.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

The TPP doesn't come into effect until at least four more countries ratify it, and the whole thing is being reexamined by every member anyway after the US dropped out after hijacking all of the negotiations.

Yes but we have already ratified, so our conditions are set. It isn't clear whether it's possible to un-ratify and renegotiate is what I mean.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes but no. We've ratified the existing agreement, but since the agreed upon regime never began and people are changing the agreement then we haven't ratified any new agreement that may emerge out of there without the excessive concessions to US IP and medical research protectionism. The early ratification hasn't bound us to obey an agreement that won't ever come into force, except of course the parts that we literally passed into law while tripping over ourselves to get a small slice of pie from the dying trade state of the US, but it has significantly hosed any bargaining positions for the new form of the agreement given that our intended trade allies know exactly how cheaply we'll sell ourselves for.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Here it is, for those who didn't click the link.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Stop promoting femo-nazi propaganda. Where's the policy???

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Anybody got a bead on the latest poll results? I thought they weren't meant to drop until 6pm but people are already talking about them.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Anybody got a bead on the latest poll results? I thought they weren't meant to drop until 6pm but people are already talking about them.

words like 'devastating' and swear words like 'holy loving shitballs' are being used, but that might just be people being excitable.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Nat 47.3
Lab 37.8
NZF 6
Greens 4.9

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
This poll sounds about right, falls in line with my 'NZ electorate is mega-dumb' theory I have been pushing since Brash massively increased National's support off the back of the Orewa speech.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Seems bizarre the 2 major polls are so different. I don't like to trust the tv3 one right now because the thought that National's desperate tactics are working is too depressing

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
1000bux a year

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oh hey, based on that poll, National will get 61 seats alone. If the Greens drop below 5%, their votes will get spread out evenly and it'll benefit National.

If you even like the Greens a tiny bit please give us your party vote. If we don't get into parliament, Labour probably don't either.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Oh hey, based on that poll, National will get 61 seats alone. If the Greens drop below 5%, their votes will get spread out evenly and it'll benefit National.

If you even like the Greens a tiny bit please give us your party vote. If we don't get into parliament, Labour probably don't either.

I wasn't aware Labour was going to Sinn Fein it up if the Greens fail to get past the threshold.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Voted from overseas for the first time today - I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

Party vote Green, Wigram vote for Labour

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Always voted Labour but i'm strongly considering changing my mind last minute and voting Green, if they don't get in, whatever labour get it's very difficult for them to form a gov or at best they have to rely on Winston.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This poll sounds about right, falls in line with my 'NZ electorate is mega-dumb' theory I have been pushing since Brash massively increased National's support off the back of the Orewa speech.

Or, you know, the next one, be it C-B or RM, will produce another completely different result. Right now, New-shub is the only ones putting National ahead.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

As much as I despise David Farrar (I almost typed Farrier there and that would've been well off the mark), his numbers are apparently pretty drat accurate and I'd love to know what they're saying right now.

Is there any indication on when the Newshub poll was taken? Was it before the dispelling of Joyce's bullshit, or is this another loving case of someone saying something blatantly false and idiots believing the initial soundbite?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

The Rabbi T. White posted:

As much as I despise David Farrar (I almost typed Farrier there and that would've been well off the mark), his numbers are apparently pretty drat accurate and I'd love to know what they're saying right now.

Is there any indication on when the Newshub poll was taken? Was it before the dispelling of Joyce's bullshit, or is this another loving case of someone saying something blatantly false and idiots believing the initial soundbite?

In Farrar's latest blog post he's fantasising about Greens and NZFirst both getting 4.9% of the vote. Which says a lot about his feelings on Democracy, really.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I wasn't aware Labour was going to Sinn Fein it up if the Greens fail to get past the threshold.

lol

I've also just voted from my office in Dublin. Party vote Green, electorate vote Labour.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Damnit. I wanted to vote Labour this time because I'm still sort of mad at the Greens for their recent shenanigans. But if they are skating that close to the threshold I guess I should reconsider? I don't want them out entirely.

I'm going to wait until polling day to vote I think - have changed my mind three times so far since the campaigns started.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
when does the next roy morgan come out anyway???!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Stupid comes in all flavours, not really breaking any moulds there...

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

:thunk:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
"Yeah half of the National caucus thinks I should have less rights than a straight person, but by god everyone in the 33% marginal rate needs tax relief."

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

https://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/96766709/ailing-jim-anderton-delighted-christ-church-cathedral-to-be-restored

Jim Anderton is looking very unwell :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Yeah, the majority of English's Cabinet (and 7 of the top 10) voted against letting gay people get married. There are a few insanely conservative candidates on their list this time too.

• Locked thread