Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I genuinely think the upcoming rune rework is the perfect opportunity for them to strip the MP5 -> AP off of Athene's and turn it into a Major rune somewhere. I think it's a cool idea, but having it tied to a single item like that just reinforces building the exact same items every single game to make it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

I play pretty much nothing except Ardent supports and I'm drat tired of it. Give me choices, Riot!! *bangs knife and fork on table*

I do find that tank supps still feel strong right now. Even in high gold/low plat games people will make the mistake of getting in a fight and you'll generally outstat them.

When working with boxes it took me no time at all to get them on even non meta tank supports, talking like voli, orn, shen, chog, etc, just being a fat body of cc is good against a misguided allin from janna+anything.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The first mistake that allowed support Ornn to do anything was the Janna actually engaged

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

I genuinely think the upcoming rune rework is the perfect opportunity for them to strip the MP5 -> AP off of Athene's and turn it into a Major rune somewhere. I think it's a cool idea, but having it tied to a single item like that just reinforces building the exact same items every single game to make it worthwhile.

remember when they added that passive and preemptively nerfed all the supps that would obv benefit from it, good times good times.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Servaetes posted:

The first mistake that allowed support Ornn to do anything was the Janna actually engaged

they just get so cocky with all the free harass that they go 'hey we can fight now' and no, they in fact can not fight now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

remember when they added that passive and preemptively nerfed all the supps that would obv benefit from it, good times good times.

They didn't nerf Lux. :unsmigghh:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

They didn't nerf Lux. :unsmigghh:

:discourse:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Non-Taric tank supports are pretty poo poo right now because everyone is spamming hypercarries like Twitch Trist Kogmaw and Jinx in solo queue and they all benefit immensely from Ardent Censer to an absurd degree of going from "feeding 5 kills" to "legendary" right after the Censer is finished.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Thanks to Demerine (?) for some chill games earlier. Any time goon

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

Non-Taric tank supports are pretty poo poo right now because everyone is spamming hypercarries like Twitch Trist Kogmaw and Jinx in solo queue and they all benefit immensely from Ardent Censer to an absurd degree of going from "feeding 5 kills" to "legendary" right after the Censer is finished.

That sorta sums up why I hate ardent censer now that everyone has finally caught on to how insanely good it is, back after it's buff I was still being whined at for building it first instead of the recently nerfed redemption.

First lane to build the censer wins the following teamfights, once the 15 death ADC gets the censer buff he is suddenly a threat.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

So the ult makes a wind wall in front of Xin? That seems kinda nice if it's like that and it isolates people? Nothing super fancy but wherever

It's AoE Wind Wall from outside

This new Xin looks busted. He was already playable but now he got another dash and that ult is just wacky.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I don't think describing the ult as a wind wall is really accurate. CC still goes through it, and most importantly, it's only him that gets benefit from it, his team gets nothing. It's closer to a Shen W that moves with him imo (but nobody plays Shen lol)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Alright so it's like Kayle ult in a circle around him god drat y'all picky

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Killed By Death posted:

I don't think describing the ult as a wind wall is really accurate. CC still goes through it, and most importantly, it's only him that gets benefit from it, his team gets nothing. It's closer to a Shen W that moves with him imo (but nobody plays Shen lol)

It's like Tectonic Edge, except instead of being a Magic card that destroys a land, it's an area that blocks autos that come from outside of it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheAnomaly posted:

the only problem with Pug'Maw is that it should have been Pug'gath.

the problem with pug'maw is that it 100% should have been named dog'maw

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Anyone want to play league with me today around 1pm us central? I'm a very bad silver 1 jungle main

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If you are playing any support (especially Soraka, as in this instance) why in the hell would you not build ardent censer.

I mean, come on. WTF.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
e: wrong thread, nm. ummmm..... i still don't like that xin update

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can riot just buff the other support items already. miss me with that nerf poo poo. just buff other supports to that level because support having gold is healthy for the meta but only one type of support being good leads to hypercarries taking over and nobody wants to play against jinx

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

can riot just buff the other support items already. miss me with that nerf poo poo. just buff other supports to that level because support having gold is healthy for the meta but only one type of support being good leads to hypercarries taking over and nobody wants to play against jinx

*riot looking at jannas historical win rate* okay, well it seems like low cooldown massive shields with buffs arent a problem, and in light of that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

They buff the support items but none of them are ever equal, there's usually one that's super OP, one that's kind of niche, and one that's totally loving useless.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why did the sailor moon magical girl skin for the japanese kitsune character turn her into a white lady

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

why did the sailor moon magical girl skin for the japanese kitsune character turn her into a white lady

She was always white what are you talking about

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

She was always white what are you talking about

ahri default and other skins has a more oval face typical of how western artists depict asian females

ahri star guardian has a more rectangular face typical of how western artists depict caucasian females

also look at the way her eyes are stereotypically slanted in previous skins versus rounder in star guardian

also look at the way her mouth and chin have changed, again moving from asian stereotypes to wypipo stereotypes

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Can we just not do this

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone have any words on jungle ez?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

el dingo posted:

Can we just not do this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aumanor posted:

Does anyone have any words on jungle ez?

i am by no means an expert but there are two things i can tell you that are very important to know about playing jungle ezreal. firstly is that his clear is not great and you can be invaded on so you've got to keep that in mind, but you absolutely have to be good at kiting jungle camps, no exception. second is that while stormraiders is good on jungle ez for the ganking potential but while you're learning him you'll probably want to use fervor as its easier to use

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is jungle ezreal a thing did some pro player do it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its been a thing for awhile, kcw and i got absolutely destroyed by a jungle ez in like season 5

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A friend of mine played Jungle Ez way back in, like... Season 3 or 4? It's always hovered around the periphery, but it's been insanely dangerous to play due to how easily you can get shut down by early invasions. With catchup EXP and Lee/Elise falling out of the meta, it's much more viable.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

jungle ez goes back to like season 2; it has always been a bizarre nearly playable thing in the jungle. when playing jungle ez you may need to get a dorans blade or two depending on how well you are going, and definitely play a few customs to get your jungle clear mechanics up(hitting a small wolf with a Q is despair inducing)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i stand with adc nasus

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I have had good Kindred games, but never a game that good. Do you know how many Hunts she ended teh game with?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Do ranked games

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jungle EZ was one of saints picks in season 3 spring when curse was the best team in the world.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

man Janna is just ridiculous

Build all three shield items and your ADC just gets a free QSS for having you nearby. It's nuts. I just gave my ADC a pentakill 2v5 after he got caught by Pantheon, TF, and Warwick ults. Feels good. :)

And this was after Jinx DCed twice in the first 3 minutes and didn't get back to the game as Level 1 'til Xayah/Thresh were already working on bottom t2 turret.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Good luck making ez jungle work with your 3/7 Lucian mid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

RealFoxy posted:

They buff the support items but none of them are ever equal, there's usually one that's super OP, one that's kind of niche, and one that's totally loving useless.

if you are playing any of the resident heal/shield spamming supports there is never not a reason to just build all the +%healing and shielding items. Hell I even build Mikael's against teams without big long CCs because it gives +20% healing, it's that much of a stat stick.

• Locked thread