Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Well guys it seems that In Training wisely waited until the weekend that Hurricane Irma would likely destroy power and internet and possibly cause me to have to evacuate to hold the Super Turbo tournament so I'm afraid I probably won't be able to play. Sorry to anyone whom was looking forward to rooting for me in the one game I feel like I could really pop off. Ah well... I guess it's for the good of the brand.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We can delay it a week to ensure safe passage of all the fighters. I want 8 gamers on hand to show off the Multibox setup i made for the presentation

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

multi... box?? Hope it has the righ ram, LMFAO

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Well guys it seems that In Training wisely waited until the weekend that Hurricane Irma would likely destroy power and internet and possibly cause me to have to evacuate to hold the Super Turbo tournament so I'm afraid I probably won't be able to play. Sorry to anyone whom was looking forward to rooting for me in the one game I feel like I could really pop off. Ah well... I guess it's for the good of the brand.

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm so pumped for this, ST is the John Cena of fighting games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im gonna have to be a turd nd bow out, im out of town sunday

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I'm so pumped for this, ST is the John Cena of fighting games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was hoping for at least 8 contestants but it's gonna be smaller than ever ...come on people show some respect for your elders

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you don't show up to this tournament I will treat you like a little bitch for the rest of the time I spend on this forum people. It's that simple.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Wormskull posted:

If you don't show up to this tournament I will treat you like a little bitch for the rest of the time I spend on this forum people. It's that simple.

yeah dont puss out you guys

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is probably one of the easiest 2D fightmans to get the hang of and one of the hardest to master, of the ones I've played. Jump in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus if you could get the hang of this one you could probably with any since it has insanely strict inputs and stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of the cast is awesome as well, and fun to use. I'm having a tough time settling between Claw, Boxer and Fei Long.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

All of the cast is awesome as well, and fun to use. I'm having a tough time settling between Claw, Boxer and Fei Long.

I can easily see myself using eight characters before it's over.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Im not playing akuma btw so it isn't rigged

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

Im not playing akuma btw so it isn't rigged

lol if you suddenly switch back to him in grand finals

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm going to use Akuma

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I'm going to use Akuma

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to use O. Sagat and spam fireballs, but I can't do a tiger knee so it will be mildly less annoying to fight against him

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm going to use O. Sagat and spam fireballs, but I can't do a tiger knee so it will be mildly less annoying to fight against him

If you can do tiger upper I'll still hate you

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

P-Mack posted:

lol if you suddenly switch back to him in grand finals

Lol. Dhalsim's dance brings me joy.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
wish more people would sign up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy that ST is slippin...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
there i joined. im going to be drunk and i will NOT have practiced at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

there i joined. im going to be drunk and i will NOT have practiced at all

Oh hell yes. I think that's 8, since UnderseaMagic usually joins like 10 minutes before the tourney starts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might lock it at 8 because of the round robin matches.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
god I suck at this game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

god I suck at this game

not as much as the pussies who didn't sign up

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

mycophobia posted:

god I suck at this game

sucking is rock bottom. the sky is limitless.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i haven't signed up becasue i don't remmeber my password. owned.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
if it helps, pretend the person you're playing against is someone you hate a lot. helps me. feels satisfying to get my rear end beat only to turn it around and yell : "no, gently caress YOU". you guys should try it.

e: don't forget to hype yourself up for it if you have it in you, lol. ah, i've had a long goddamn week im really looking forward to this.

e2: some of you boys are from FYAD, right? channel your anger!

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 17, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
also help eachother too ffs. point out flaws and openings and all that jazz. i hate sayingthis

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 17, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to play but might miss it depending on the time. sundays are usually clear for me but something came up today

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Evil Eagle posted:

I want to play but might miss it depending on the time. sundays are usually clear for me but something came up today

[possible weird/obscure avgn reference] you got this.. .you got this BY THE rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BUMP for tournament hype!! Reiterating the Rules Here

First Round – Round Robin for Seeding
- This starts at 9PM EST
- Everyone is going to play everyone else in One Set of Three Games. Not best of three, just three matches
- Report your own results, and keep playing whenever your opponent is available! I won’t be able to stream all the round robin matches but I’m going to try and get as many as I can with my sick quad window set up
- Seeding is ranked by total wins

After a short break:
Second Round – Single Elimination Best of 5 Matches
- This will be a normal tournament

Challonge Link: http://challonge.com/29y1tlqb
Twitch Link: https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Super Turbo HYPE! I’m going to start streaming around 8PM EST to make sure my tech is all working and such.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Super Turbo HYPE! I’m going to start streaming around 8PM EST to Broadcast an hour's worth of ads for LootCrate, Logitech, Monster Gaming Division, and a surprise Brand that I've teamed up with

Caught this before the ninja edit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Caught this before the ninja edit.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Teaser: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175587019

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw 2 seconds of the quad setup and then it turned into an ad