Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

Is there some trick to SMGs, or are they universally terrible?

Riskrunner is amazing if you're fighting fallen or can otherwise damage yourself with arc. That's the only one I really use in PvE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
The music and sound design in this game is just so awesome.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've always been a huge fan of the music bungie gets put together.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think they use the fifth element space opera music way too often

Me doing a patrol shouldn't invoke such epic songs because it makes everything seem less epic overall when they use it for everything

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Protip: Don't bring people just over the level limit for Nightfall. You most likely won't finish. :3: We came close with just a bar left but that was by the skin of our teeth. Never liked that strike anyways...

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I really love the dynamic music system, sounds better than D1.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

moist turtleneck posted:

There's an entire room dedicated to wet floor signs which seems odd

If that's on Titan, it kind of makes sense. You'd expect a lot of wet floors on a water/liquid methane planet.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So we get a raid today or I am going crazy? why is nobody talking about it?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vintersorg posted:

Protip: Don't bring people just over the level limit for Nightfall. You most likely won't finish. :3: We came close with just a bar left but that was by the skin of our teeth. Never liked that strike anyways...

Don't bring anyone under but you can do it fine at 240. We finished with four minutes left our second try with everyone over 245.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

DrNutt posted:

oh good I'm already seeing MAGA chuds with their kekistan emblem that goes with their pepe armor. good job bungo

???

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Any reason why I can't unlock the nf on my second character? I don't think I ever got the preceding strike quest. I've finished the campaign and did all the milestones

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Rockets good

http://i.imgur.com/zhSr7bY.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DrNutt posted:

oh good I'm already seeing MAGA chuds with their kekistan emblem that goes with their pepe armor. good job bungo

The what in the who now?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Four hours of maintenance? I finished up early so I could ride the reset all the way to raid readiness!

Why do you punish me bungo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol just lol at anyone who thinks that the KeK armor wasn't absolutely intentional

Remember there's a long lead time so it was probably done way before Charlottesville back when these maga chud retards thought their dank memes weren't part of an actual legitimate white supremacy movement

And back when it would have been approved no one up the chain probably had any idea what the gently caress Pepe or KeK was. And then it got widely known but also so widely despised that whoever was responsible for it, assuming they had a crisis of conscience, probably wouldn't want to come forward.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Basically what I am saying is people need to stop giving dipshits any benefit of the doubt, Donald Trump got elected president of the most powerful nation on the planet lmbo

Play destiny, drink weed, jack off

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bummed out I missed the Nightfall this week. Wasn't thinking and lost track of time.

Oh well. I'll be looking to get some GoonMans together for one tonight around 8:30 EST. I'll try not to be too bad.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol just lol at anyone who thinks that the KeK armor wasn't absolutely intentional

It's pretty much an artist going "hmm how do i get my piece of poo poo flag into the game? Oh yeah I'll just do some super minor tweaks."

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Nightfall this week is so much easier

Basically in certain sections there's a bunch of rings that spawn together and you have a generous amount of time to go through them to recharge your timer.

We clowncar-ed it through the main part and missed a bunch, got to the boss with 8 minutes left and would have had him down with 5 to spare if we hadn't done so much loving burst damage it spawned 3 waves of adds on use at once during the last phase. We still finished with 3+ minutes left. If we had an on-cycle super during that part we wouldn't have had any issues.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
id like to play this game

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's good to know. I really don't like that cabal strike cause there is just so many trash mobs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm excited that the Nightfall is Inverted Spire, I only played it like 3,083,913,217 million times during the beta

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Managed to finish the Nightfall last night with 6:30 on the clock to get our Rat King gun. All the gimmicks and stuff people were trying were pointless, if you just kill stuff steadily and methodically and then focus down adds in the boss fight it's easy to finish it with time to spare.

My engrams are being a bit weird, I got exotics on Sunday that came out at 288 so figured that'd be what the "powerful gear" would come out at today and that's just coming out at 277 like legendaries do from the rep hand ins and drops and stuff. My armour is letting the side down cause two or three pieces are at 277 and nothing higher is dropping for a couple slots, just more and more chest pieces and helms.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Lol at grinding pve in the beta

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
God drat server maintenance kicking in when I get home from a 24. I just want to drink beer and play destiny, the fact it's before lunchtime be damned

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
This week, The Best Halo Yet, an xbox goon overflow home for contributors and leechers alike, will be a level 2 clan. AT LEAST.

maybe some us will raid, maybe we'll wait until everyone figures it out and then youtube walkthrough shame ourselves to loot glory

the dream is alive, get that sweet clan xp: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2236977

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

God drat server maintenance kicking in when I get home from a 24. I just want to drink beer and play destiny, the fact it's before lunchtime be damned

I have a flight later, hate flying, and all I wanted to do was zone out with some Crucible to relax.

And this on #VideoGamesDay, just shameful.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

God dammit this game is going to get me to install discord because it's good and I should stop soloing.

I apologize in advance to any goon who groups with me as I am horrible at FPS.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

I'm excited that the Nightfall is Inverted Spire, I only played it like 3,083,913,217 million times during the beta

I only played it once during the beta, because I understand the nature of this game and I knew I'd see it plenty more in the future.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Dollas posted:

This week, The Best Halo Yet, an xbox goon overflow home for contributors and leechers alike, will be a level 2 clan. AT LEAST.

maybe some us will raid, maybe we'll wait until everyone figures it out and then youtube walkthrough shame ourselves to loot glory

the dream is alive, get that sweet clan xp: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2236977

What the hell, there's already two bone krew clans what are you guys doing

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think I enjoy the PVP? I have always been real bad at it and would be the lowest on the pole when playing along with bone krew but maybe the TTK time in this new version helps a bit? I feel like I can hang back and go slower, keep my health up, not get pounced, and kill. Also, a rift in just the right place with two people behind it can absolutely shred a choke point.

I also like heavy ammo availability. It's good that you can grab it any time and there's not a heavy ammo phase anymore. That was always so fleeting and boring.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What the hell, there's already two bone krew clans what are you guys doing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oJhWi5SQ4

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got the instant summon sparrow and holy poo poo. I'll not use any other, it's a beast.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

PathAsc posted:

Got the instant summon sparrow and holy poo poo. I'll not use any other, it's a beast.

wait are they all not instant summon? I feel like they fast tracked "touchpad, square" to summon it instantly

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

wait are they all not instant summon? I feel like they fast tracked "touchpad, square" to summon it instantly

There is a level beyond Instant, I call it "Instant 2.0"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

No, there's an exotic that is the fastest summon and it looks like sex and the flame trail is like banging a hot mom.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The shader complaints seem super overblown now that I'm in the 260s.

I guess if you recolor your armor every 15 minutes it could be a problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It really is an overblown controversy. Granted, it's a change that offered no benefit to the player and was only made to further their monetization strategy.