Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

lordfrikk posted:

Maybe it's just me being bad or exaggerating but it seems like lately even in my poo poo tier there have been too many Tyrandes shooting owls with almost infallible accuracy. Like shooting owls diagonally across map and hitting people coming back to lane with no minions to provide visibility kind of snipes.

I mean, it's possible some of them are cheating. But speaking as someone who loves the new Tyrande (even before the owl buffs) I kind of doubt it. For me, it's usually one of three things. 1. Blind firing at a place you think someone is likely to be and getting lucky. 2.Firing at a closer target and since the owl can pierce and keep going, again getting lucky. 3. Having played enough to have some ideas of timing and common pathing, and firing at spots where people tend to move through.

In my own experience, you fire enough owls off and things just happen. I've launched owls at fleeing enemies in the top lane on Cursed Hollow, had them travel the map and crash into an Abathur in bottom lane just by complete coincidence, not trying for him in the slightest. It happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Landing Kel'Thuzad's full combo on someone who was singling me out all game long and blowing up them and their Morales feels soooo loving good. No, gently caress YOU, Nova.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

E->R->W->E->Q is the combo on KT that will delete two players. Make sure you get the 80% slow after chain pull talent, that's what makes R easy to hit.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Pulling off the full KT combo with his R makes you feel like an amazing badass. So does murdering abathur because he doesn't notice you've found him.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Raise your hand if you've been taking a boss after level 20 and the enemy KT just spams Shadow Fissure on your team until everyone is dead and then you just cry and cry.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If its gonna take you more than 15 seconds to do the boss, don't do the boss.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about KT taking the cd reset at 20 if you hit someone with it

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
I still think Li Ming resets are worse

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

cuedotcom posted:

I still think Li Ming resets are worse

They are, but Li Ming needs to be near the people she's getting resets on, Kel can just sit in the spawn spamming R with infinite mana.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

It's also really funny in towers of doom, where you can just snipe people trying to get towers.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yukari posted:

It's also really funny in towers of doom, where you can just snipe people trying to get towers.

I had a Towers game where KT was the only person who survived a super unfortunate team wipe, and kept their team off of the two objectives long enough for us respawn, win a teamfight, and take both ourselves to win. That was pretty neat.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Polio Vax Scene posted:

unclenutzzy posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about KT taking the cd reset at 20 if you hit someone with it

This. If the KT is fast enough, he can have the visuals overlap, for extra "oh poo poo we're all gonna die!"

Makes me think an Execuzad or Kel'thuzecutus skin with fire themed abilities would be pretty rad.

VVVV Yes, but they were probably just being dumb.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 11, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

NeurosisHead posted:

I had a Towers game where KT was the only person who survived a super unfortunate team wipe, and kept their team off of the two objectives long enough for us respawn, win a teamfight, and take both ourselves to win. That was pretty neat.
Wouldn't they just need to walk out of fissure to avoid the reset and then finish a new channel before it's off cooldown? :confused:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sindai posted:

Wouldn't they just need to walk out of fissure to avoid the reset and then finish a new channel before it's off cooldown? :confused:

silver league, they didn't move out of the circle on the ground

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
When did "don't stand in the fire" become such a difficult concept

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You've never played WoW I take it.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Shadowlyger posted:

When did "don't stand in the fire" become such a difficult concept

When you're also required to stand in the fire.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

McTimmy posted:

When you're also required to stand in the fire.

Look it's really simple, don't stand in that fire, but do stand in this fire! Easy.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Check out this replay and look what the Li Ming does at 4:30 and 6:40. I know that I had fish eye but she goes right for my egg both times and just orbs it from range. And nobody on their team saw me place it either time.
https://ufile.io/hpbzh

First one looked like a educated guess because you always showed in top after respawn and the timing put your egg either in that smoke choke or south of fort.

Second one was 110% your Fish Eye revealing her in smoke so she just started spamming spells to clear above the lane.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is there a way to delete the old version stuff without reinstalling every patch

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like Johannas that scamper about on the enemy lines indefinitely until one of their teammates gets sick of taking poke damage and tries to engage without their tank.

Them's good Johannas

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Abathur free week reminder: if you spend the entire game sitting in your own base, you are doing it wrong.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Uh, this should have been an edit, but whatever.

Relin posted:

is there a way to delete the old version stuff without reinstalling every patch

If you have an hour or two, you can delete the entire HeroesData > Data folder and then Scan & Repair in the Battle.net client. This will clean data apparently used for replay compatibility.
Edit: You know, this isn't actually that much faster than reinstalling, since the biggest files from the game are in that folder...

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 12, 2017

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Abathur free week reminder: if you spend the entire game sitting in your own base, you are doing it wrong.

Sure, come out of your base where my owls can get you.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

My favored method of dealing with Aba is playing Chromie. You just pick Timewalker at 1 and scout them out before landing a full combo on their face.

They usually catch on quick and stand 2 kilometers away from the gate where they can't soak. Profit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Diablo is the best and most fun tank and I don't think it's even very close?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
How long do new heroes stay at 15k gold? I want KT, but I gotta keep a buffer so I can nab my boy Junkrat on day one.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

PantsBandit posted:

Diablo is the best and most fun tank and I don't think it's even very close?
He's the only tank with a suplex, checks out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

But Garry can throw teammates!!!

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

How long do new heroes stay at 15k gold? I want KT, but I gotta keep a buffer so I can nab my boy Junkrat on day one.

Usually 2 weeks, I think?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah, 2 weeks.

Fun tanks are the ones that have GODDAMN TEAMMATES WHO FOLLOW UP, poo poo!

In that sense, Garrosh is fun because everyone knows to focus the enemy what got thrown into your team. Same for a Diablo suplex + shadow charge (as long as it's backwards into your team). Stitches is hit or miss :haw: and so is Anub'arak because even though you can deliver a soon-to-be-vulnerable enemy, doesn't mean they saved their cooldowns and are paying attention to squash them.

D.Va can solo stall objectives forever, even against 5. Varian goes "hEAAAAAAAAAARGH!" sometimes. Spooky skeleton king is spooky.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

D.Va can solo stall objectives forever, even against 5. Varian goes "hEAAAAAAAAAARGH!" sometimes. Spooky skeleton king is spooky.

I'm pretty sure that that scream is one of the most terrifying things in the game, when playing a squishy DPS. Because you're gonna get hosed up.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
How can anyone stand playing zeratul, he is so boring. Tried him once and probably never will again. Leoric on the other hand :dance:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Star posted:

How can anyone stand playing zeratul, he is so boring. Tried him once and probably never will again. Leoric on the other hand :dance:

Combo bursting people is fun!

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Star posted:

i love my dead gay prelate

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Zeratul doesn't have a lot to do that isn't either blowing someone the gently caress up or dying.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Pick Zeratul, pick the ult that isn't Void Prison, watch your team implode in chat.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I give in to whatever demand you ask of me

Just, please, don't do that

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

"Your team has a Leoric and an Abathur, that's enough healing to give a full Support to the other team, right?"

gently caress off QM matchmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I played a couple games with Abathur and I enjoyed him a lot. How do I get good?